L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Rocks and Happy Thoughts
Belle
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 10:27 AM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
Spring 19, Year Three • Afternoon • Sunny
user posted image

Kiara didn’t have to be at Belham til later in the evening for work so she took a train out to Ioana to find some smooth rocks to use for art projects. She had taken up finding cheap, or in this case free, items to decorate her apartment as well as Cassie’s. She also liked to paint the rocks with landscapes or animals to brighten up a room, and occasionally she left a few in inconspicuous places for others to find.

She had brought along some of her art supplies, sitting them aside near the cave opening. She had a small crossbody bag open as she scanned around the area near the caves and the woods. She didn’t want to venture too far into the woods, afraid of getting lost since she was unfamiliar with the area, but hopefully she would find a few smooth rocks she could use.

user posted image
Outfit • Tag: Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 12:10 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

Roberta Teagarden
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Roberta was still in Ioana, after phone calls and letters to everyone in the department it was known that the money for their study was going to take longer than expected, which meant she had paid vacations until they receiving enough funding to continue their research.

She decided to go to the cavern, where she found an unfamiliar face. ”Hello!” she greeted the woman. It was rare seeing someone at the cavern, usually, people tried not to get to close, obviously, there were a few who actually took it as a challenge to go inside and explore the area.

”I’m Roberta, I don’t think I’ve seen you in the valley before…” Roberta commented, but then again she had moved to the city, it could be one of those villagers that just like her, during the week worked on a location and during the weekend were on another.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 06:04 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara had an assortment of rocks in her bag. She did her best to find small, smooth ones that could easily be painted, which wasn’t always an easy feat. She wanted to find a nice one for Theo to paint a scene with a police dog on since he had become very interested in those, and also maybe another little friend for his pet rock.

She was startled when a voice called out to her. She had been so focused on examining the rock in her hand, she hadn’t heard them approach. She turned around to find another young woman there. “Oh, hello. Sorry, you just scared me a little. Wasn’t expecting to run into anyone else out here,” Kiara said, dropping the rock into her bag. “I’m Kiara. I’m not from the valley, I live out in Westhaven. I just came to collect some rocks,” she said, knowing she probably sounded weird.

user posted image
Outfit • Tag:Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 05:55 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Roberta took a step back, she didn’t notice she had startled the young woman. ”Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you, I usually don’t see that many people here, it’s been a while since I did.” Roberta said with a smile. ”I’m Roberta Teagarden.” Roberta said with a smile.

Apparently, the woman was from the city. ”I live there too, but I grew up here so I come here often.” Roberta said approaching the young woman. ”Rocks you say? That’s great, seen some interesting ones?” the excitement was clear in Roberta’s eyes. ”Sorry, I love rocks, that’s why I asked.”

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:14 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara hadn’t expected to see anyone either. She didn’t think that the cavern was a particularly popular place for people to hang out. At most, she thought she might run into teens hiding out and drinking, but she was glad it was another adult instead. Teens could be real dicks sometimes.

“Not particularly,” she said with a half smile. “I actually don’t know much about rocks, I just like to collect the flat round ones like this,” she said, taking one of the rocks out of her bag to show Roberta. “I paint them and use them to decorate my apartment, or leave them around for other people to find.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: May 5 2018, 11:00 AM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Roberta heard the woman as she spoke about not knowing much about rocks, but they did have one thing in common, they used rocks to decorate their apartments, difference was that Roberta didn’t exactly paint them.

”I don’t paint rocks but I do decorate my apartment with them. I work in the area.” Roberta commented with a smile on her face. ”Do you need help collecting them?” she asked. Roberta wasn’t doing anything in particular and she would love to help another rock lover collecting rocks, even if their reason were completely different from Roberta’s.

”What do you usually paint on them? Like flowers, night skies?” the woman asked, curious about the woman’s hobby.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: May 9 2018, 09:15 AM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara shrugged slightly. “Sure,” she said with a small smile. “It’s easier to grab as many as I can here before heading back to the city. You can never find any good ones in Westhaven to use.” Rocks in Ioana were usually pebbles or too oddly shaped to be of any use to her. The valley had a much wider variety, and closer to water is where she usually found the smoother ones.

Kiara looked around, seeing if she could spot anymore rocks that would work well for her project. “Yeah, stuff like that. On the bigger rocks I can get full landscapes, but then smaller ones are usually good for flowers and animals,” she explained. “I have an idea to take a group of rocks and paint out the solar system on them.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: May 10 2018, 09:35 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Roberta was delighted to meet someone else who collected rocks, even if their reason was different. ”Even in the park you can’t that that many rocks, but at least the valley isn’t too far away so it’s easy to visit.” Roberta commented as she looked at the ground to find smooth looking rocks for the woman.

When the other woman spoke about painting the solar system, Roberta smiled. ”That would be awesome, you know, in the beach you can find some pretty neat, almost perfect, round rocks, some are small and some are big.” Roberta suggested, assuming the woman was going to pain each rock as a planet.

”I bet the solar system will look amazing, will it be like a table decoration or it will be like those paper models kids make in school?”

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: May 19 2018, 02:27 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara nodded. “It’s just unfortunate the train only runs one day a week,” she explained. “I can only carry so many with me at one time and taxis are too expensive to ride here and back.”

Maybe Kiara’s next trip to the valley would be a stop at the beach. It was almost summer soon so she could lay around in the sun as well. She worked hard, so she deserved a little relaxation. “I’ll have to remember that next time I’m in town.”

“I’m thinking of using a canvas and attaching the rocks to it. The canvas would be painted like space with the rocks around it,” she explained. “So if you’re not painting them, what do you do with the rocks you collect?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: May 30 2018, 06:24 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Roberta could relate, which was why he only visited them on the weekend, and hopefully her father would be kind enough to take her back to the city. ”The same happens with me, I come here to visit family on a Friday and then I hope that my father takes me back to the city, sometimes I have to call a taxi, they get more expensive year after year.” she commented.

”The beach is pretty great, some of them are like perfect rounded shiny crystals, I have a feeling you’ll like those, probably be a shame to paint them, but they do look nice when the sun hits them.” Roberta spoke, leaning to pick a rock from the ground.

When Kiara asked Roberta what she did, the woman threw the rock at the ground. ”I just put them on display on my house, I’m a geology researcher at the university, and my painting skills are as good as a two year old.” she said with a laugh. ”I have my house full of them, some are good, some are just plain pebbles but after the trouble I had carrying them I don’t want to throw them away. Do you paint? Or is this sort of a hobby?”

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 06:10 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara couldn't hope for the same pleasant relationship with her parents that Roberta had. She and her folks didn't see eye to eye, and while they could certainly afford to send a taxi for their daughter, they would never offer the assistance. Even if they would, Kiara would never accept it. She wouldn't accept their money if they couldn't accept her.

She nodded as Roberta mentioned the different rocks that could be found at the beach. She was sure there was a lot of different option available to her there; they would just be a bit harder to find. “Hmm, could be interesting though to paint them with a translucent paint and turn them into a stained glass piece,” she said cheerfully. “I could probably also find a way to use some seashells as well.”

So, Roberta was a geologist. Well that certainly explained her fascination with rocks. Kiara’s fascination with them was only that they were a cheap, aka free, art supply she could take advantage of. “I do paint and sketch, just not for work...yet. I bar tend at Belham right now, but I majored in art. Just haven’t found the right job yet.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 06:17 PM

TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
The beach was the best place to get some shinny and cool rocks. ”If you glue them with this transparent material I’m sure they’ll look nice.” she commented. Roberta wasn’t very artistic so she had no idea what the woman meant with stained glass and rocks from the beach, but the seashell idea sounded amazing, somehow. ”So you’d just paint them? Or do something else with the seashells?” she asked.

Kiara spoke about what she did for a living, despite of being an artist she was simply working as a bartender at Belham. ”Do you like what you do at least?” Roberta asked.
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 10:00 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara wasn’t 100 percent sure what she would do with the seashells yet, but she was sure she could work them easily into a piece. “I probably wouldn’t paint the seashells, but incorporate them into the stained glass affect of the piece. I could probably adhere them to the work to give it a 3D effect.” It was just a thought, something she could try and see how it would look.

Kiara shrugged. “It pays the bills which is most important,” she explained. “I don’t hate it, but I definitely don’t wanna do it for the next fifteen years.” She readjusted the strap of her bag. “So, what about you? What do you actually study about rocks?”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 08:13 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Kiara (Belle)
NOTES

Spring 19 • Year 3
Whatever it was that Kiara had planned to do with the seashells was probably going to look gorgeous, seashells go well with almost everything, at least Roberta thought.

When their conversation turned to their jobs Roberta listened, sure the other woman didn’t study to be a bartender, it was natural that she didn’t want to do it for the rest of her life; it was when Kiara asked Roberta about what she studied that Roberta’s eyes got wider.

”Components, similarities between other rocks, their origin, but right now we’re trying to study how this continent was created, or what processes lead to this moment in the geological history, why we have a mountain and caverns, what sort of events happened to have this particular type of rock with these minerals, mostly that.” Roberta said, she didn’t want to get too deep into it and bore the poor woman to death, people often tell her she’s annoying when she starts talking about her field.

”But we can also study the ground to see how well a building fits or if it’s not a good idea to build it there without proper support, or even fuels.” she added as an introduction to another part of her area, perhaps it wouldn’t be as boring as talking about rock formations.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 09:48 AM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara had never been one for the sciences, so she wasn’t sure what there was to study about rocks, Formations maybe? Or aging? She honestly wasn’t sure.

As Roberts explained, it appeared Kiara hadn’t been too far off from her predictions. She nodded as the other woman spoke, though some things went over her head. “That all sounds very complex,” Kiara commented, looking slightly lost. “What do you mean by fuels?” she asked. “Like gasoline?”

Maybe she should have paid a bit more attention in science class.

user posted image
Outfit • Tag: Tecri
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.