L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Silence in the library, IC: Roberta || ISO: Grant
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 02:45 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

Roberta Teagarden
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
Life as a researcher at the university was a good job, it paid the bills, Roberta sometimes wasn’t even home, which meant that the electrical bill wasn’t high, Lucien usually managed if she left food and water and she always called someone to watch over the cat. However, life as a researcher wasn’t as good when they didn’t have money to continue their research, unfortunately it was time to move on to something else.

Roberta walked into the library, it was practically empty. She walked around looking for some books for her next work, changing fields was hard, especially when one has been working on the same field for more than two years. Perhaps it was time to quit researching and it was time to finally finish her studies.

Books in hand she walked over to the librarian. ”Hey, if it isn’t my favorite librarian.” she said smiling at Grant. He also lived in Triston Apartments, they were somewhat neighbors, different floors but still neighbors. ”How’s work going today?”
PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 10:17 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

Grant Burr Spring th Y3

Another day, another dollar. Grant really liked his job at the library, but sometimes it was boring. Usually the building was pretty empty unless it was finals week, where the entire place would be packed with students trying to cram last minute.

”Hey, if it isn’t my favorite librarian. How’s work going today?”

At least there was one friendly face. It was his friend Roberta Teagarden, his coworker, and ironically his neighbor at the apartments.

"Same old, same old. How about you, Ms. Teagarden? Anything new going on with your research?" Grant asked, giving the woman his full attention. He soon noticed the books in her hand.

"Checking out more books? Have you even returned the last ones?"
he joked with a small laugh. Did she actually return the last books she checked out? He wasn't sure.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 09:26 AM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
When Grant spoke, and treated her so formally she waved her hand. ”Roberta is just fine, no need to be so formal about it.” she said. She had seen Grant, and had spoken to him times before, there’s no need for such formality among friendly neighbors.

”They cut our funding so now after two years they are going to fund another research, sadly it’s in another field.” she commented patting the books. ”I’m going to educate myself.” she said with a laugh.

When he questioned her about the other books she wondered for a while, must have been the ones in research lab on the basement. ”I am planning on checking these out, but I haven’t return the other books, might be the ones I have at the research lab…I’m sorry.” she apologized. ”Can I check these out? Please? I promise not to forget about the others.” she begged.

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 10:10 AM

Grant shrugged when Roberta said he didn't have to be so formal. That was just how he was, especially at his job. It felt weird to him to address someone by their first name, but guess he knew the woman pretty well at this point. They both saw each other often at work, engaging in small talk, and they lived in the same building.

Guess it was alright to call her by her first name...

”They cut our funding so now after two years they are going to fund another research, sadly it’s in another field. I’m going to educate myself.”

"I'm sorry to hear that, Roberta." Grant told her sincerely, feeling weird to be calling her by her first name. "The library is getting some cuts as well. Guess they don't appreciate the right places when they should." he added. He had only found out about the cuts to the library funding only this morning, and he felt bad since he assumed they were because of the amount spent on the clock repairs.

”Can I check these out? Please? I promise not to forget about the others.” Roberta asked after confirming that she had yet to return her other books. Grant gave her a firm look, debating on if he should or not. It was against policy to check out more books before returning the previous ones. She was a friend though...

"Only because we're friends." Grant said, taking the books from her and beginning the process of checking them out. "But you better return those other books tomorrow. I don't want to get in trouble with the higher ups." he half joked.

"So what do you need these books for?"

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 01:34 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
”It’s not your fault, but if it was I would expect and apology.” she said jokingly. ”They are cutting fund everywhere, it’s crazy.” she commented. Her department wasn’t the only one that suffered the cuts, funding a research that was less expensive was their plan, but with the information they had it was wasting money, they would not be getting any finding soon.

When he said she could she was relieve. ”Thank you. If I can I’ll bring them up today at the end of the day.” she said, not wanting Grant to get into trouble because of her.

She looked up when he question her, she smiled and pointed at one of the books. ”I finished a few years ago, since I’ve been working in the same field for two years I thought I could educate myself in the new field, at least to help me remember everything that I leaned.” she said with a nervous laugh.

”It’s not that bad though, but I wish they could have told us with more time that they were cutting our funds, at least they didn’t fire me.”

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 07:52 PM

”It’s not that bad though, but I wish they could have told us with more time that they were cutting our funds, at least they didn’t fire me.”

"Hey don't say that, you might jinx yourself."
Grant said, half joking. Who knew what the campus would do once cutting their budget wasn't sufficient enough. Would they take the independent studies? The library staffing? You just never knew.

"How is that study going anyway? Find anything new interesting about our dear old planet?" Grant said as he wrote up the check out list. He had always been interested in the Earth as well, but was only able to learn more through books he read in his spare time. Being a librarian offered little chance to actually go out and research these types of things.

Though he wouldn't trade working in the library for anything anyway.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 08:15 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
Roberta laughed when he said that she was going to jinx herself; perhaps she was going to and the university was the only location in the city where she could work on her field. ”I suppose I should keep quiet then, who knows what might be listening.” she commented, joking with the situation.

When he asked her about the studies, she smiled at him. ”So far good, and not yet, same old same old, with the old research we could have discovered something amazing, but now we’ll never know.” she said. ”I didn’t know you were interested in Earth Sciences.” she commented. ”That’s very good to hear that I’m starting to influence some people.” she said proud.

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 09:28 PM

”I didn’t know you were interested in Earth Sciences. That’s very good to hear that I’m starting to influence some people.”

"You never know what people are interested unless if you ask." Grant told her with a smile, finishing off the check list. He had a lot of interests people didn't know about, most of which he found through books.

"You never know what you can find in a book as well. That is where I learn most of my information." Grant continued to explain. "Lucky for me, I have an unlimited access to any book that I want, so that makes it easier for me to find a lot of information on different topics, such as Earth Sciences."

"The only reason I'm letting you check these out when you owe some books." Grant said with a grin and a wink. He handed over the books to her as he did.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 06:07 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
Grant was right, one doesn’t know what others find interesting if they don’t ask, and she never really asked him what he found interesting. ”You’re right and I never really asked you. So is out planet the only thing you’re interested in or are you also into rocks like me?” she asked. Geology was pretty much what she knew, she had a few basis of other subjects but Geology was her major.

”Books are interesting and yes, you have unlimited access to them, but sometimes books aren’t enough.” she said. ”Sometimes you need to leave the comfort of your seat and explore.” she said, talking from experience. ”One day you’ll have to come with me to Ioana.” Roberta said, trying to show Grant that sometimes what he read on a book had to be seen with one’s eyes.

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 06:58 PM

”Sometimes you need to leave the comfort of your seat and explore. One day you’ll have to come with me to Ioana.” Roberta told him. Grant shrugged and rolled his eyes.

"I've been to the valley. Granted, it was mostly to drop off some old books to the library, but.... Well, that's not the point." Grant explained. He could only think of one other time he went out there when he stopped at the bar. Then again...

"Though maybe I'll take you up on that offer. Perhaps just once."
he told his friend. A day out in the valley wouldn't hurt, would it? Then again, you never knew with Roberta.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 08:48 AM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
”Yes, you’ve been to the valley, but have you really been to the valley?” she asked him. She wasn’t talking about the pretty sights the valley had, how it was calm and away from the city rush, she meant about the information one can get just by being there.

”I don’t mean the sights or anything, if you like Earth Sciences you will love our cavern.” she said, even if he didn’t seem too excited about it. ”So I’m assuming you’re not a valley fan? Or is it just my impression?” she asked him. She put her embows on the counter and rested her head on her hands. She assumed Grant wasn’t a valley lover, Roberta loved the valley despite of living in the city, but that was just how things were, she couldn’t work in her field in the valley.

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:30 PM

”So I’m assuming you’re not a valley fan? Or is it just my impression?”

"It's just not my cup of tea. You take the train all the way out there when everything they have, we do as well."
Grant explained. It was true, they had a wide variety of establishments, which is why most people come out to city from the valley. They especially had a large bar scene, but Grant tended to avoid that.

He wasn't a huge drinker.

"It's true we don't have caverns and stuff like that, but it is what it is." Grant did end up admitting. He would probably enjoy the caverns, but he really didn't have a reason to go out to the valley. Unless Roberta took him of course.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:08 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
Roberta listened to Grant. Not everyone could enjoy the valley, in fact, not everyone could get used to live in harmony with the nature. ”I just thought you’d like to see the cavern, since you said you’re interested in the earth sciences, but I can show you photos, I have a bunch of them, if you don’t want to go.” she said, trying to be considerate of his feelings towards the valley.

When he spoke about the cavern she shook her head. ”Everything is where it should be, the city is a concrete jungle and yet had plenty of space, while the valley is like this Arts and Crafts Store, full of color, if they had the same things what would be the point in visiting the other?” she spoke.

”It will be up to you, the second best things are photos, as I explained I also have them.” she said.

PMEmail
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 11:07 PM

”It will be up to you, the second best things are photos, as I explained I also have them.” Roberta told him. Grant nodded as he slid the books over to her that she had checked out.

"Sure, I'd love to see them."
Grant said. He partially ignored her mentioning how the city and valley were different. He would probably end up visiting with her anyway if she kept insisting. He would probably want to see those caverns. They did sound pretty fun to go to...

"Tell me a little bit about them."
he said as Roberta pulled out the photographs.

Tecri
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 09:50 PM

Roberta Teagarden
TAG
Grant (Pocomoke)
NOTES

Spring th • Year 3
Grant seemed a little uninterested, but it was get job to make people interested in what she did. She put a couple of photos on the counter, she couldn’t carry all of them with her or she’d just be considered a lunatic, at least more than usual.

”It’s sad we can’t see the true beauty, but it is what it is.” she handed them over to Grant and waited to see his expression. She was somewhat hopping for him to have a big bright smile, after all, despite of the low quality some rocks were still reflecting the light and one could see their brightness.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.