L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

[!] Beach Day, Summer 1, Year Three
Summers Past
 Posted: May 17 2018, 05:38 PM

Administrator

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 3

Rep: 1 pts

user posted image
[WEDNESDAY, SUMMER 1, YEAR THREE • ALL DAY • CLOUDY ]

Even those not in attendance love Beach Day. Why? Because Beach Day marks the first day of the hot summer season, and even those not a fan of the sand and sea love having the day off to do whatever they want or even nothing at all!

For lovers of the beach, today's the day to head on down to Echowind Coast, because even though the sun is hiding behind those pesky clouds, the warm weather is still here! There's stalls set up selling ice cream, cold drinks, and snacks, as well as a couple more lounge chairs than last year (a grand total of six rather than last year's five, if anyone was keeping track). To have the best time on Beach Day (and to make up for the meagerness of the festival's organisation), the Party Planning Committee recommends bringing your own picnics and towels.

Keeping with last year, flyers are being handed out to everybody on the beach explaining that the giant sleepover will be held again on the beach, complete with tents and a cozy bonfire! Find a friend who doesn't mind you snoring (or go solo and get randomly paired up with somebody) and wait till the sun sets so that you can enjoy sitting around the bonfire, making s'mores, and telling ghost stories!

Please note that sign-ups for Beach Day camping will be posted at a later date by Tanuki, but characters must be present and actively roleplayed in this thread in order to be able to participate.
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 18 2018, 10:35 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 1st user posted imageAll Dayuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#83c4ad

"You know, I don't know why I expect these events to be small anymore..." Cassie mentioned to Brandon as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder. She was a little nervous of course, something about spending the day on the beach and a night in a tent with Brandon made her the slightest bit shy, but they had made these plans a while ago, and she certainly hadn't been prepared to introduce Theodore to his father in that time, but here they were now.

It was a good thing too because Ender had taken Theo until tomorrow, which was originally supposed to be her father, but when Theo didn't have to spend the day with the crabby old man was a day that Cassie was at ease and besides that, Theo seemed excited to spend the time with his father anyway, so she could enjoy her time away without worrying about having fun while Theodore was miserable. "It's a small town but there's always more people than I expect."

She glanced over to Brandon with a soft smile. She didn't know how to swim, but she enjoyed the beach regardless, the feeling of the sand under her feet a relaxing one. "So, what do you think about this spot?" she asked as she motioned around them, a beach towel in her hand.

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image Summer 1stuser posted imageAll Dayuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted image@Open
#db7d99

While Eileen never really felt comfortable in bathing suits, her mother still insisted that she go and have a little bit of fun with her fellow villagers. It made her wonder why her mother didn't go herself, but questioning her mother was almost impossible. She took a deep breath as she stepped onto the beach, and she wished that it hadn't been cloudy. Would it rain tonight? She wasn't all that sure, but decided to tell herself it wouldn't.

She fiddled with the brim of her sunhat, holding the plastic glass of cherry flavored lemonade that she had been offered upon arriving as she looked around for anyone she might know. Maybe it was a bit steep to say she didn't know anyone, most people in town who grew up here knew one another in some way, but there were also a lot of people that came in from the city, so maybe they would mix too much, or people from Ioana wouldn't be as interested in coming this year.

Nevertheless, she adjusted her cover-over as she looked around.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 19 2018, 11:05 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Josiah Wenthall
SUMMER 1, Year 3 • All Day • Cloudy
"I'm just a boy with a one man show"
user posted image

Josiah arrived at the beach, setting himself a small spot where he arranged his blanket and drink. He had also brought along his guitar. If he ended up staying for the bonfire and camping, he could play a few songs for the other villagers. It might even help his shop get a little more business.

He took off his shirt, leaving it with the rest of his belongings on the sand. He headed over to the shore line, the tide licking at his feet as he headed into the water. It was warm out today, and he definitely wanted to stay cool by hanging out in the ocean.

Once he was far enough out, he dunked his head under the water, running his hands through his wet, dark hair. He couldn’t help but feel relaxed in the ocean as he treaded water.

user posted image
"No university, no degree, but lord knows"
Outfit • Tag: @open

user posted image
Brandon Greene
Summer 1, Year 3 • All Day • Cloudy
"Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt"
user posted image

Bran and Cass had agreed to attend Beach Day a while ago. As far as he knew her son was staying with his father, a conversation the two of them had not delved into as of yet, and Brandon certainly wasn’t going to push her on the matter. If she wanted to talk about it, she knew she could talk to him. Until then, they could enjoy the sun and sand in Ioana.

He chuckled lightly at her statement. “Well, it’s never just Ioanians is it?” he said, looking around to see if he spotted any familiar faces. “My parents would bring me here in the summer sometimes. There were always a lot of people at the beach.” Summers with his parents had always been a fun time for Brandon. Being at Echowind reminded him of happier times, but he would try not to focus on the past, and instead make sure he and Cass enjoyed their time today.

“Looks like a good spot,” Brandon said, laying down his own towel. “Gotta get that tan on, right?” he said, taking off his shirt and laying back on the towel.

user posted image
"If you ask me, don't know where to start"
Outfit + Swimsuit • Tag: Tanuki

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
"I'm gonna soak up the sun"
user posted image

Grace was excited to share another festival with Wesley. She loved getting close to him and while she had already learned so much about him, she was always wondering what else she might find out about Wes.

Before she had left the house, she had slathered on the sunscreen. Her porcelain skin burned easily in the summer sun, but there was no way she was going to miss an opportunity to attend a festival, especially one with Wesley. She enjoyed her time with him so much, and she really cared about him. She was also excited for camping. She hadn't participated last year, but her and Wesley planned to share a tent together.

“I forgot to ask, do you know how to swim?” she asked as her and Wes walked across the warm sand. “It’s okay if you don’t. I just thought it would be a good idea to cool off in the ocean later,” she said with a smile. “Do you wanna set up here?” she asked as they found a free spot on the beach.

user posted image
"Gonna tell everyone to lighten up"
Wearing • Tag: Aofie
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 26 2018, 01:21 PM

user posted image
user posted image Summer 1st user posted imageAll Dayuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#83c4ad

She thought about the last Festival as she listened to what he said, and she guessed it wasn't. Sure, there were people, natives, but then the train had been a little full on the way here, so she supposed that it was never really just Ioanians. "I guess you're right about that." she ventured finally. In the end it was all the same, and she was here with Brandon, so that's who she planned to enjoy her time with. She listened to what he said and resisted the urge to reach out and squeeze his hand. She didn't know if he liked comfort in times where his parents were on his mind, and if she was even the right person to give it to him.

Instead once they chose a spot she set her towel down next to his, nodding at his words as she dug through her bag, looking at Brandon from the corner of her eye. "I hope you plan on using sunscreen." she chided as she rifled through her belongings. "There's nothing worse than a lobster sunburn, that's what I always tell Theo." she added as she brought out a bottle and looked it over.

"He's actually got his father's skin tone, so he doesn't burn as easily as I do, but he's usually sorry when he doesn't apply when I tell him to." The amounts of Aloe Vera she had to buy after one trip was actually ridiculous. She passed the bottle she was holding to Brandon. "I've uh...only got SPF 100, I hope that's alright...I might get a tad over-worried on whether Theo is going to burn or not in the sun all day, especially because I don't own a beach Umbrella." she chuckled, smiling at Brandon before shyly returning to digging through her bag.

user posted image
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: May 26 2018, 07:41 PM

crab honeybutt

GROUP: Blue Leaf

Awards: 16

Rep: 5 pts

user posted image

summer 1st • outfit • @

Summer had arrived, which meant it was time for the first festival of the season. Cyrus had found himself staying home for festivals for the past few years. He wasn't one to go out into crowds of any size by himself for fear of looking odd being alone, but he'd been feeling a little cooped up lately. He really only spent time at home or in his shop, and he was getting tired of it. He needed a change of pace to break up his daily monotony, and heading down to the beach to enjoy some sun and surf sounded pretty good.

He packed a small bag with a towel, a small blanket, sunscreen, and a book to give himself something to do and headed down to Echowind Coast to see how the festival had changed since he'd stopped coming. Apparently they were doing a giant sleepover now. Cyrus gave a thoughtful look at the flyer before tucking it into his bag. Perhaps he'd participate. S'mores and bonfires were always nice. He'd attended one once in college when a classmate had drug him along to a party. He doubted there'd be as much alcohol at this bonfire, though, and he wasn't really sorry for that. He enjoyed a drink every now and then, but the ragers thrown in college were never really his style.

He noticed a few familiar faces as he threaded his way through the crowd, looking for an open location away from the majority of the crowd. He finally found a decent spot after looking for a few minutes and laid down the blanket, setting his bag near the end of it before he got back up to go get a snack. He felt a little awkward as he waded through the crowd, feeling like he was sticking out like a tall, sore, very alone thumb. He hunched over a little to make himself a little shorter, paid for a soft pretzel and bottle of lemonade, and headed back to his blanket to do a little reading in the sun.

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: May 30 2018, 03:34 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon stared out at the ocean from their spot on the beach, his mind briefly on thoughts of his family. He shook his head, clearing the thoughts from his mind. Even though they were happy memories, thinking on them too long brought too much sorrow to his heart. He turned his attention back to Cassie who was digging for sunscreen in her bag.

"It's not even that bright out," he said, looking up at the clouds hiding the sun. He took the bottle that she handed to him. "Geez, I didn't even know they made it that strong," he said with an eyebrow raise. "I don't see how you could have any tan using stuff this strong." He sat the bottle down in the small strip of sand between them. "You worry too much Cass. I'll be fine." He laid back on the towel.

"You sure Theo's dad is gonna be fine having him all night?" he asked. He figured Cassie would be worrying about Theo half the night. "It's gonna be a long night of camping and telling ghost stories," he said with a grin.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 31 2018, 06:15 AM

user posted image
#83c4ad

"The sun will still burn you through the clouds, Brandon. Just because its a little hidden doesn't mean the UVs don't pass through the clouds." she countered. Maybe she was being a little pushy, but she'd rather that than him end up with a peeling sunburn. When he mentioned not being able to get a tan, she sighed. "Well my little boy is 7 years old, I don't really think he's thinking about getting a tan, and I forgot to bring a weaker one." she said as she moved to put some on herself."Though he does hate it, he says its too sticky, but sunscreen is always like that." she recalled, trying to remind both Brandon and herself. When was the last time she had gone to the beach.

"Uh...B.Brandon, could you get my back?" it was a bit of a sheepish request, but though she tried she was having trouble with it herself. Was that even okay? Sure it was, right? It wasn't some intimate thing, she just couldn't reach the spot herself. In short, that would be what she'd keep telling herself until she believed it.

When Brandon mentioned Ender being okay watching Theo, she thought about it. "He said he was ready. I do know he's good at cooking breakfast, so at the very least well...Theodore will have eaten, even if its pancakes and eggs for all meals." she was sure Ender was fine at cooking other things at this age, but now maybe she wondered about it slightly. "We made these plans a while ago, and I know for a fact Theo was much more excited to spend the day and night with his father than with his Grandpa." Theodore had practically jumped out of bed this morning.

She sighed softly. "This is all new to me.But I do know he wants to be a part of Theo's life no matter what happened in the past so, I'm going to let him have that chance." she said after a moment. Finally, she turned to look at him with a slightly cheerier expression. "So, what did you want to do first, aside from laying on a towel to get yourself crisper than a lobster?" she asked jokingly.

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image Summer 1stuser posted imageAll Dayuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imagestrawberry
#db7d99

Eileen wasn't sure who she'd feel comfortable approaching at this point. She spotted a man in the water, and found herself watching him for a moment. Swimming might be fun, once she found an actual spot to settle instead of just sitting in one spot like a very stiff, very dead bug. She sipped her lemonade and finally spotted someone a little more familiar. She saw Cyrus around quite often, and though she had been contemplating a garden of her own, she hadn't quite found a way to approach him about that yet. Aside from that, his own shop would have been the best place for that.

Finally she got her feet to move and she made her way over, calming herself with a breath before she addressed him. "Cyrus uh, hey." she greeted, hoping she wasn't going to be a bother to him. But at least someone familiar was better than no one, wasn't it?

"They chose quite the day for this didn't they? It's cloudy but... still pretty warm. I was actually surprised because every cloudy day last summer was pretty cold." Was she talking too much? Oh Goddess she was talking about the weather. Who did that?? People who didn't know how to approach conversation, that was who. She stopped mentally chiding herself in order to avoid standing around and saying nothing. "D-Do you mind if I sit down, or...um...you know, I could also go...over...there?" she hoped she was pointing to an empty space, just incase he'd like to be left alone.

user posted image
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 05:08 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

summer 1st • outfitTanuki

Cyrus was staring out in the water, losing himself to contemplation between sips of his lemonade and bites of his pretzel, when a voice stirred him out of his thoughts. He looked up, mouth full of pretzel, and saw Eileen standing there. He smiled a bit awkwardly and swallowed his pretzel quickly, getting a bit choked. He coughed a couple moments, turning his head so he was facing away from the woman, cheeks turning red in embarrassment, and took a quick swig of his drink. He coughed a few more times before the burning in his throat disappeared. He cleared his throat and turned back to her. "H-h-hey Eil-l-l-leen," he replied, cheeks darkening even further at his stutter.

He was grateful for the small talk about the weather. Focusing on it helped him calm down. He nodded as she spoke, turning his head a little to look up at the overcast sky. "It's p-p-pretty nice," he said slowly, trying to work through his stutter. "T-though a little sunshine would be good, too," he continued, holding back a sigh once he had fully calmed himself down.

He shook his head at her question, scooting over to the other side of the blanket. "No, not at all!" He patted the space next to him, motioning for her to sit down. He brought his knees up to his chest, trying to contain his lankiness into a smaller area. "Did you see the flyers about the bonfire tonight?" he asked, hoping it was a good topic for conversation.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 10:40 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon grinned, his closed eyes hidden behind this sunglasses as he laid back on the towel. "Tell the sun to bring it on," he said cheekily. He was not afraid of a little sunburn, and he'd rather leave the beach a little red rather than a white sheet.

His eyes popped open when she asked for help applying the sunscreen to herself. He pushed himself to sit back up. "Yeah, sure thing," he said, holding out a hand for the bottle from her. He scooched over to her towel and squeezed some of the sticky liquid into his hands rubbing it into her back. "I think Theo is right, this stuff is stickier than I remember it being," he said as he worked the lotion into her skin so the white cream didn't show. It didn't feel weird doing this for her. Brandon was pretty sure he'd done this a few times for different girls on the beach. Offering to put on sun screen was a pretty good way of flirting.

He finished, handing her back the bottle as her hopped back onto his own towel, rubbing his hands on his swim shorts to get the sticky feeling off of them. He listened as she talked about Theo and his father. "It's good he's getting to spend time with him," he said. Brandon wished he had had more time with his own father, so he felt it was important for sons to spend as much time as they could with their dads. "And from the sound of it Theo seems to enjoy hanging out with him."

He laughed when she asked what he wanted to do. "Man, you just can't wait til I burn so you can say 'I told you so,' huh?" He thought for a moment until the smell of food distracted him. "Well I was gonna say let's hop in the water," he said, turning to look at the stalls nearby. "But now I think a chili dog is calling my name." He looked back to Cass. "You hungry?"

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 01:33 PM

Belle playing Brandon
Date: Summer 1st, Year 3
Cassie rolled her eyes when Brandon mentioned his little challenge to the sun. “I’ll tell it that, but what do I tell your wicked burn later? Is it ‘I told you so?’” she teased gently. Maybe Brandon was right, and maybe he wouldn’t burn as easily as Cassie thought he might, but she finally decided it was his chance to take and not hers. She however, was pretty pale, and with a 7 year old boy she wasn’t going to risk him jumping all over her with a painful Sunburn making all that more painful than it needed to be. Theo’s favorite activity was launching himself into her arms off of the couch arm.

She couldn’t help the light red tinge that burned on her face when he started applying the sunscreen on her back. It was a simple gesture, but she didn’t often have other people touch her the way he was now. In order to cover the blush, she decided to busy herself placing sunscreen on her face, staring with a generous dab or so across her sunburned looking cheeks.
“That’s because it’s a stronger grade.” She mentioned when he said Theodore was right about it being sticky. “Though all of it is usually pretty sticky, you can’t avoid that with sunscreen.” She mentioned as she took to applying the last of the sunscreen just above her chest.

He mentioned it being goof that father and son were spending time together, and she nodded. “I’m just glad he’s finally got that missing piece he’s been looking for. I never wanted to hide Theodore from his father but it just…never felt like the right time.” She shook her head. There was no need to get into all of that now. “He does, he also loves his dad’s dog, too.”

She chuckled when he mentioned his oncoming sunburn again. “Look, I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but don’t come into English tomorrow complaining about a tap to your shoulder.” She answered. And when he mentioned going into the water, she was suddenly happy food was on his mind. “Are you sure it’s not screaming your name in terror?” she asked as she stood up. “But yes, food, I like the idea of food. You lead the way, wonder nose.” She said, noting she had barely noticed the scent of the food until Brandon happened to mention it.
--
strawberry playing Cyrus
Date: Summer 1st, Year 3

Eileen realized she probably should have realized he was eating, and maybe she should have taken a better approach to talking to him, but he tried to cover up the fact that this was so by turning away from her. He seemed nervous when he said her name, and she hoped he was alright with being approached like this. “Are you alright? I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were eating.” She said, not referring to his stutter, but to the fact that he had choked just a little bit trying to get his food down.

She chose to focus on the weather, which seemed to bore a lot of people, but Cyrus responded in kind, and she smiled, looking up at the sky herself. “I agree, maybe it’s not the most amazing weather, but the warmth is pretty nice.” She said, nodding when he mentioned some sunshine wouldn’t hurt. “I don’t really remember a Beach Day where it’s actually rained, but not having sunlight does seem a little odd. But Mother nature does what she wants, I think one year the sky ripped open at the Spring Fling too.”

He invited her to sit down next to him, and so she placed her bag down, carefully lowering herself onto the blanket, the sunglasses over her eyes regardless of the sun, she finally realized she still had them on and pulled them up, not wanting Cyrus to think she was harboring a different expression hidden by the glasses as they spoke.

He mentioned the bonfire, and she nodded. “Oh, yes I did! I think it’s exciting actually, I’ve never really stayed for the nighttime festivities here, but I was thinking about giving it a shot this year.” She mentioned, glancing over to the flyer sticking out of her bag. “I think they make you share tents if you don’t have a partner though, so perhaps I uh… I’ll just stay for the bonfire.” She said with a light blush, scratching her cheek in nerves for a moment before glancing at him. “And what about you? Have you decided if you’re staying tonight?”
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:25 AM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

summer 1st • outfit • @ Tanuki

Cyrus shook his head, waving her apology away. It wasn't her fault he was such a mess when it came to unexpected social interactions. "D-don't worry about it," he said, forcing a slight grin to show he wasn't offended. And he wasn't. His smile would've been genuine if he didn't feel like an idiot.

He followed her gaze to look up at the clouds, squinting a little in the overcast light. He looked down back at her after a moment and gave a small nod. "Lots of people complain about the heat, but I like being able to go swimming." He shrugged, feeling his comment was a little silly as it didn't seem to add anything to the conversation, but he was at least happy that his stutter was under control now. "I think I remember that. I don't know why they didn't just reschedule." Suffice it to say, many of the ladies there weren't happy about their dresses getting wet.

"Really?" he asked, regarding her statement of having to share tents. "That seems a little... awkward." That settled that portion of the night, then. He wondered if they even had a tent that would be long enough for him. He could only fit in a standard pup tent if he was curled in the fetal position. Maybe they had a variety of tents, but he still didn't like the idea of having to share a tent with someone he barely knew. Of course, he vaguely knew most people around town, but he wasn't close friends with much of anyone lately. He supposed he could've offered to share a tent with Eileen, but the thought alone made his stomach feel a little upset. He didn't want her to think he was coming on to her, and he generally tried to avoid any behavior that seemed like flirting.

He thought for a moment about what he'd do, then nodded. "Yeah, I reckon I'll stay for the bonfire at least. Maybe eat a few s'mores and listen to some folks try to tell ghost stories." He chuckled at the idea of Ioana's villagers trying to spin a scary tale. He doubted he'd be spooked, though perhaps the atmosphere would lend to the scariness.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 11:12 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon was happy to be done with the sticky sunscreen. At least he knew if he did get sunburnt, the palms of his hands would be well spared. They had received a generous helping of sunscreen and he felt the need to find somewhere to wash it off his hands.

When Cassie mentioned the dog, Brandon chuckled. “Ah, so that’s why he likes it over there so much,” he teased. “How long do you think before he tries to sneak the dog back home with him?” he asked. What little kid didn’t want a pet dog? He wouldn’t be surprised if Theo was trying to bring the dog back to his mom’s under the guise of a sleepover.

Brandon easily jumped up from his beach towel once they agreed to food. He could smell it a mile away, and his stomach was basically an empty pit. “Oh it will be soon enough,” he said as he led the way to the stall. They got in line behind two teenage girls who were giggling about something before skedaddling off with their hotdogs. Brandon didn’t pay much attention since he was focused on what he wanted to eat. “Hey there,” he said to the attendant. “Can I get two chili cheese dogs, a pretzel, an order of fries and…” he turned to Cassie. “What do you want?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:11 PM

He told her not to worry about it, and so she decided she wouldn’t carry. On about it anymore. After all he seemed to be okay and she knew how it felt when people wouldn’t drop something and you just wanted to let it go. Instead she offered him a patient smile before sitting down beside him, again adjusting her cover up.

“Do you remember when we were little? I think it was maybe when I was 7, they had that tire swing down at the lake.” She mentioned when he said he did enjoy swimming in the summer despite people’s complaining. “My brother Mark used to fling himself off that thing so quickly I was afraid he was going to hit the other bank. But I actually enjoyed it too, swimming in the summer is pretty refreshing, even if it’s not always as scary as launching yourself from a tire swing. So I’m glad we have this festival every year.”

When he wondered out loud why they didn’t reschedule, she laughed. “Because the older folks around here don’t really like straying from tradition I guess. I think Miss Bessy almost had a fit that year.” She answered, adjusting the rim of her sunhat to better protect her eyes.

She could agree having to share a tent with a stranger was pretty awkward. “O-Oh yeah, absolutely. I don’t think I can handle a tent with a stranger, that would..w-well....” she cleared hr throat carefully. “I think I’ll just be walking home a little late that’s all. I do like a good s’more.”she offered, her more cheerful demeanor returning.

He mentioned the stories and she looked around. “It’ll be fun I think, although I don’t see the people who usually tell the stories around this year, someone new telling it will be refreshing.” Especially if it didn’t actually scare her. “If I can laugh as opposed to get scared it’ll be much easier to walk home.” She chuckled. She paused after a moment, as if considering something as she glanced out over the water. “Hey,Cyrus? Would you like to go for a swim? I-I mean since we were just on about it and all, the water looks great.” She tacked on shyly.

strawberry

“It probably won’t take too long before he asks me for a puppy again, we just can’t afford one right now.” She said with a shrug. That and she was scared of dogs. Despite seeing Ender’s dog a few times, she was still scared of her.

“But he knows, and maybe when I start making more money we can try and get one.” She continued, getting up when he did to go wait in line. A lot of the food smelled good, and she knew Brandon’s appetite very well.

She followed him into line, and noticed the girls giggling in front of them. They looked back at them once or twice, but also glanced at the guy serving them food. “They must think the vendor is cute or something.” She mumbled to Brandon as they finally ran off with their hot dogs.

Finally, Brandon rattled off a list of things he wanted, and she wasn’t as surprised as the vendor when he found out Brandon had ordered all that for himself. Probably wondering how Brandon kept his figure.

“Just a hot dog with cheese, please.” She said when he had turned and asked her what she wanted. She found her gaze had shifted over to the water, but what she hadn’t noticed the way she was leaning against Brandon as she tried to process the thought that Brandon still wanted to swim.

Belle
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 09:27 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

summer 1st • outfitTanuki

Cyrus grinned at the memory, nodding as she spoke. He'd jumped off the swing a few times himself, though that had only been after he'd been goaded into doing it. He was never much of a risk taker, though he always admired the boys who were. Most of the time, he was the boy standing shyly on the bank or swimming about, watching those who dove in fearlessly from a distance. Maybe if he had a little of that bravery, he'd be out exploring the world, doing fields studies instead of tending to the shop and heading home to read by himself.

At least the festivals allowed a little break from the every day drudgery. "I'm glad for it, too," he agreed. If there was one thing good about Ioana, it was the festivals. Even if they weren't as popular as they were back when Ioana was in its prime, the town usually managed to make everything nice.

He chuckled a little at her poking fun of the older generations, though the name of Bessy made him involuntarily shudder. His parents had been the subject of her gossip many a time, though he supposed it was to be expected. He was just glad that their reputation hadn't tarnished the store so much that no one bought anything from him. Even if he wished he'd been able to use his degree, he did take pride in the fact that his hard work paid off.

"Hopefully the sky will clear up some before you go home, unless you thought to bring a flashlight," he said, glancing up at the sky for a brief moment. He certainly hadn't thought to bring one. "Maybe I'll have to stay the night if I stay for the bonfire anyway. I don't think the fire department would appreciate anyone taking makeshift torches to light their way home." He grinned, though the worry about the recent arson attacks reared up in the back of his mind. It would be his luck that he'd trip and set a whole field on fire.

"I hear ya'. I definitely wouldn't want to be walking home through the woods alone after tales of escaped convicts or murderous ghosts," he replied. It was all fun and games when you were safe with other people near a light source. But once you stepped outside the bounds of the light into solitude and darkness, every little sound and shadow seemed dangerous. Maybe he should offer to walk her home, just in case?

Before he said anything, though, she suggested swimming. "Sure!" He removed his shoes, placing them at the foot of the blanket, and stood, removing his shirt and folding it up before placing it on his shoes. He then sat out his towel next to his clothes so he wouldn't get his bag wet and waited for Eileen before heading down to the water.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 10:43 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon had almost missed Cassie’s words, too focused on creating a list of things he wanted from the menu in front of him. His mind hadn’t been on the girls in front of him, but he turned to watch them run off, seeing one glance back towards him before he turned around again. He shrugged. “You’d know better than me. Teenage girls have always confused me.”

Brandon ordered his food, and Cassie ordered her own, much more realistic snack for just one person. The vendor got the food together as they waited. “Don’t even think about stealing any of my fries,” he teased with a slight nudge of the shoulder. Though in reality he wasn’t opposed to sharing a fry or two.

The vendor placed the food on the counter, and Brandon and Cassie took it back to their spot, though he needed Cassie’s help carrying some of his stuff. He plopped down on his towel, immediately stuffing a chili dog in his face. He chewed before speaking to Cassie. “Is it true, you’re supposed to wait an hour before swimming after you eat?” he asked before taking another bite. “Or is it just a mom superstition thing?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.