L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Skating date, IC: Fiona || ISO: Jackson
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 01:45 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
It had only been a couple of days since she had been with Jackson, however spending time with him seemed more natural than it used to be, maybe perhaps the longer they talked the closer they got and despite of scary, Fiona was enjoying it.

She wasn’t sure if it would be appropriate or not, but she packed a few snacks, in case they both got hungry, it seemed like a good idea when she had baked the cookies, besides, she knew Jackson liked them, it was the same cookies she used to take to the fire station. She packed her ice skates and walked over to Jackson’s house, it had been a while since she had used them, but hopefully she hadn’t forgotten how to skate on ice.

She walked over to Jackson’s and knocked on the door, maybe she was too early, the excitement was clear on her face, she couldn’t hide it, anyone looking at her could her. ”Jackson? It’s Fiona, I hope I’m not too early.” she said. She wanted him to know it was her, just in case he decided to shout something. She patiently waited at the door, bag on back, skates on one hand and a lunchbox full of cookies on the other.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 04:07 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Come on Inky, give that back!" For a well trained Arson dog, Inky had the energy of a puppy, sprinting about with a pair of socks in her mouth, tail wagging as Jackson chased her. It might have been a fun game for Jackson if Fiona wasn't due to be at his door any moment, he would have been more indulgent in her game. She bounded towards the stairs and darted downwards. Jackson managed to tangle with the basket of magazines of the second step and fell over with a loud clatter.

"Ow...Inky come on, what've I told you about bringing my socks downstairs?" he asked as he sat up, the dog still wagging her tail as she darted back over to him and dropped the socks into his lap, wagging her tail when he placed a hand on her head. "You're lucky you're cute." he said as he stood up, dusting himself off and sitting on the step to put his socks on. That was when there was a knock on the door, Fiona's voice on the other side.

"Uh...Just a-! Crap she can't hear me." He mumbled to himself half way through calling out to her. Inky watched him, her ears raised as he walked over to answer the door, still shoeless. "Ah, hey there Fiona." he said before even opening the door. "Nice Night we're having, huh Fiona? Why do normal sentences sound incredibly cheesy to me?" He asked the dog, who didn't seem to have an answer...well, obviously, she was a dog.

Finally Jackson opened the door, smiling when he saw it was in fact Fiona. "Hey."

Jackson Maddock, Operator of Smooth. He wanted to smack himself. "Inky got a bit carried away with playtime so I don't have my shoes on quite yet. It's cold outside right? Of course it's cold it's winter. Do you want to come inside for a minute while I put on my shoes?" Rambling, the true form of smooth.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Tecri
Date: Winter 28th, Year 2
Weather: Cloudy
#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 04:30 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
Fiona waited patiently for Jackson, once he opened the door she smiled. ”Hello.” her smile grew upon greeting Jackson.

Apparently Jackson had a bit of a situation with Inky, according to him she got carried away, but it was alright, they both had time, there was no need to rush. Jackson was somewhat strange, different, but it was an amusing situation, maybe her was just as nervous as she was she was- ”If you don’t mind, I’ll wait inside.” she said looking at him.

She took a step inside and blushed looking at Jackson, it was different, a good different, but an embarrassing different, she couldn’t understand why she was so nervous about ice skating with a friend. ”So, will Jaz or Inky be joining us or is just the two of us? Also, I baked cookies as a snack if we get hungry.” she spoke trying to calm herself down, but unfortunately it only made it worse, she was now even more nervous than before.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 09:00 AM

Inky trotted over to Fiona when Jackson stepped aside to allow her in, shutting the door and sitting down on the stairs after retrieving his shoes. Inky wagged her tail, looking up at Fiona in an expectant manner. She had seen this human many times before, and she always pet her, so today probably wasn't much different at all. Jackson slipped one of his boots on, lacing it up with a practiced precision of someone who wore one thing so often that how to put it on was ingrained into their mind.

He looked up when she asked if Jazmyn or Inky would be joining them, and shook his head. "Oh no, it's just us today. Jazmyn iswith her Grandma in Westhaven, but she's supposed to be home tonight."He mentioned with a smile. "She's just started attending the school in Westhaven." His smile fell for a moment and he sighed. "I don't really like Westhaven, but Jazmyn is a smart little girl, and we don't have a real school here in Ioana." He said, shaking his head. "She wants a real school, so my mom agreed to take her on the Weekdays so she can attend class." He explained.

"It's been working so far though I'm getting pretty tired of instant noodles." He laughed, though he was serious. He wish he would have put more time in learning how to cook but with his mom teaching Jazmyn how to, and doing all the cooking while she was living there, he never really put much stock into the skill, big mistake, honestly. "Cookies sound better than instant noodles." He added, standing up when both shoes were on. "So, ready to go?"

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 03:08 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
Fiona looked at the dog, Inky was simply adorable. The blonde pet her and scratched the dog behind the ear, Lady was a bit scared of that, but Inky didn’t have a problem.

She waited for Jackson to put his shoes on and as he did it he spoke about Jazmyn and how she was starting school in Westhaven, which was a shame, Ioana had potential, but was missing a school, which drove many people away from the valley. ”I hope she likes it there, I’m not a fan, too many people, large crowds and most city people are inconsiderate.” she spoke from experience.

It was nice that Jazmyn got to go to school, but at the same time it was disappointing that Ioana was losing too many people because of it, at least Jackson had someone to take care of Jazmyn while she was there. Fiona was surprised when instant noodles popped into the conversation, she couldn’t believe all he had eaten while Jaz was away had been noodles. ”Why don’t you stop by my house? I mean, you clearly can’t live on noodles and I have to cook for myself, so I can make you a little extra, and perhaps teach you something for when Jazmyn comes you can surprise her.” she proposed.

When he was ready she smiled. ”I’m ready.” she said opening the door waiting for him, she didn’t want to leave him behind or not notice something he’d be able to say.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 06:56 AM

"She was excited to try it out." Jackson mentioned when Fiona said that she hoped Jazmyn would enjoy the city's public school. The look on her face when he had promised to enroll her had told him all he needed to know. She wanted a challenge, she wanted desks and nor for everything including handed back tests to smell like fresh hay. He had just been lucky his mother was so willing to turn her guest room into Jazmyn's weekday room. But that was just how much the Grandmother loved her Granddaughter.

When she mentioned stopping by her house to eat he blushed slightly. "Oh no, I wouldn't want to bother you like that." He said with a soft smile. "Besides, you don't want me using your kitchen. I don't know if I've ever seen a fire chief more likely to set something on fire in my life than me when I cook." He was a little embarrassed to admit his daughter was the cook of the house, but it was just a skill he for some reason never thought to pick up. "The only thing that will surprise her is if I even approach the stove." He laughed.

They were ready to go and in no time on their way to the lake. He walked at her side in step with her. The lake was still going to be frozen over for at least another week, so it was the perfect time to skate. Though he wasn't too practiced, he knew somewhat what he was doing. And that was the bare minimum. "Hope you brought some skates, here we are." he said with a smile.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 08:35 AM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
It was good that the girl wanted to try a real school since Ioana didn’t have one, it also meant that Jackson would be eating, according to him, instant noodles when Jazmyn isn’t around.

She smiled when he declined her offer. ”It’s not a bother really, if it was would I be suggesting it?” she asked. Despite of not admitting it, Fiona liked spending time with Jackson, however sometimes during the day was impossible, they both had jobs, hers was more flexible since she was her own boss. ”If it catches fire the fireman is already there, we don’t even need to call the emergency line.” she said.

They left the house. Once they had arrived to the lake she looked around and it was as nice as she remembered from the previous year. ”Yes, I brought mine, I haven’t skated in a while, I might be a bit rusty.” she commented. She walked to a bench near the lake to put on her skates, and when she was over she slid through the ice.

”Are you ready?” she asked.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 05:38 PM

"Well I mean, when you put it that way I can't really refuse can I?" He said with a laugh when she added the one person that could put out the fire would also have been the one to start it. Probably something he shouldn't feel so warm about, but with Fiona, he couldn't help it. Something about her made it almost impossible for him to feel annoyed by a comment like that. So he laughed it off instead before they finally got going to the lake.

It was always so pretty in the winter, a winter wonderland if he ever saw one. The lake being frozen was good, because it meant they could skate before the spring came after all, and before the ice got too thin as well. It was probably the last time they'd get to do it until next winter,so why not enjoy it now? She mentioned bringing her skates, and he nodded. "Believe me, I'm probably way rustier than you. I was surprised I was able to find my skates." He admitted as he sat down to remove his shoes and replace them with the skates.

He laced them up and nodded when Fiona asked if he was ready, and he nodded, awkwardly sliding out onto the ice. "Ready as I'll ever be," he responded sheepishly. "I haven't done much skating since my parents moved to Westhaven, my mom was always big on it, but I never really wanted to learn." he mentioned.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 07:24 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
Fiona was happy that he had accepted her proposal, she wouldn’t mind having him around and as a friend she didn’t really want him to eat instant noodles all week, that couldn’t be healthy. ”Then it’s settle, when Jazmyn goes back to Westhaven fell free to stop by my house or shop.”

The blonde stared at Jackson, if she moved she wouldn’t be able to understand him. ”Then we can try slow and steady.” she proposed. She slid through the ice to meet him. ”So plan A, we try not to fall.” she said sliding a bit away from Jackson, she almost lost her balance and she was able to regain it successfully.

”This is harder than I remember.” she commented as she began moving to Jackson’s direction slowly not to bump into him.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 09:06 AM

Ice skating wasn't something Jackson could really call easy. Actually, it was pretty damn hard when you considered how often he had actually gone vs the amount of times he had actually gone and skated. His mother loved the lake int he winter so they had often gone but Jackson would usually sit off to the side and read a book unless he was forced to come out on the ice, so his experience was even less than he would have liked to admit. So instead of admitting the shortcoming to himself, he focused on trying to keep his balance on the ice.

"Slow and Steady right, like a turtle, because that's about how fast I'll be moving." He joked, sliding just after Fiona. "Plan A sounds easier than it actually is." He said, feeling his body teetering with the idea of falling, but he managed to keep himself balanced. He slid forwards when Fiona nearly fell but she caught herself, and Jackson slid the rest of the way to her.

"That's because someone isn't following Plan A." he teased, holding out his hand to her. "So why don't we try Plan B? We might be less likely to fall this way." He offered sheepishly.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 04:33 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
Standing her position Fiona kept her balance, hopefully she wasn’t going to fall down, she had been closer, but now she hopped she wouldn’t lose balance once more.

She laughed at the plan A comment, she wasn’t exactly following it, but he was correct, plan A sounded easier than it actually was, slow and steady wasn’t working out for her. When he approached her and held out his hand she took it with a smile, a soft embarrassed smile. ”You do know if one of us falls the other will fall too right?” she commented, but didn’t’ let go of his hand.

She pushed herself a bit further to the center of the lake, taking Jackson with her, she was starting to get the hang of skating. ”My brother used to love to ice skate, he was the one that taught me when we were kids, at least until our sister was born.” she spoke. Fiona was adopted but they had been her family, blood related or not, they were hers.

”I think I’m getting the hang of this.” she said. She then stopped moving and stood in front of Jackson. ”How about you?” she asked him, still holding his hand.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 09:20 AM

Jackson felt a little flourish in his heartbeat when Fiona took his hand, but he ignored it and laughed instead when she mentioned falling. "Well that's okay. Then at least I won't be looking like the only loser that's taken a tumble." He was clearly joking, and in fact should they fall he was prepared to take the brunt of it. He had a strong tailbone, he'd be fine. But Fiona was much smaller, and even if it didn't mean she was more delicate, he didn't want her to fall.

"Did he not teach both of you?" he asked curiously when she mentioned that her brother had taught her up until the point her sister had been born. It seemed a little curious though he didn't want to pry. "I used to come here a lot with my best friend, Jazmyn's mother. I'm uh, not her biological father, but me and her mother were close." He explained, and he remembered that Hayley had absolutely loved this place in the winter, even though they spent more time snow ball fighting than skating.

When she asked how he was getting on, he chuckled nervously. "Well If I don't try to move too far forward, good, if you ask me to start actually moving...couldn't tell you." he laughed, trying to keep his balance.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:27 AM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
She laughed when he spoke about not being a only loser. ”Let’s be the best losers together.” she said smiling.

When he asked her about her brother, she stopped smiling, however it wasn’t because it was a painful memory but because it was a delicate subject, even if she didn’t mind. ”Well, my parents wanted a daughter so much, they already had a son, but my mother couldn’t get pregnant according to doctors, so for not being eligible to adopt through normal means, they adopt me through the not so legal means, which was why my brother was always so considerate with me, he didn’t want me to feel like I didn’t belong.” she explained, but she knew regardless of her origin they treated her as their own. ”When my sister was born he didn’t have to go out of her way to make her feel like that, so he always ended up spending more time with me.”

The memories, not painful, but for some hard to understand. He spoke about Jaz’s mother, to which Fiona always thought that Jazmyn was his. Fiona moved in a bit closer to Jackson. ”She must have been an awesome person. I’m assuming she’s not among us anymore, I’m sorry to hear that.” she felt a sudden urge to hold Jackson, but she would probably be invading his personal space, instead she squeezed his hand a bit tighter.

Their conversation moved forward, and as she predicted they would be having a hard time getting off from the center of the lake. ”How about like this?” Fiona took his other hand and moved back pulling him slowly, she was starting to get the hang of skating, she could probably help him.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 09:18 AM

He had no idea that Fiona was adopted into her family, but in a way it also relieved him when she mentioned her brother had never wanted her to feel like she didn't belong in the family. He had never wanted Jazmyn to feel that way either, which was why he had never lied to her. He told her a lot about her mother Hailey, and told her everything she needed to know, including the fact that he wasn't her father by birth. But it never got in the way. Jazmyn called him dad and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'm glad he didn't want you to feel left out, that's how I feel about Jaz too. I'm just glad that she never had to go through the System."he explained. He had adopted her right away, so there hadn't been a need beyond them making sure Jackson would make a suitable father. When she mentioned Hailey not being among them. "It's alright, it was a long time ago. She passed a few days after Jaz was born, some sort of infection but..let's not talk about it, no need to bring the house down." He said with a soft smile. He felt her squeeze his hand in comfort and he smiled at her. "Let's see how long we can make it without falling over." He laughed,

It was unsteady movements that followed when Fiona dragged him further out onto the ice, and he only just caught his balance. "Careful there, one wrong step and we could--" and there it was, the misstep by him and they came crashing down, though Jackson assured that he would hit the ice and not her, instead landing in a bit of an awkward position. "--end up on the floor." He finished, looking up at her, almost bewildered.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 08:12 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Winter 28th, afternoon
Fiona listened to Jackson as he spoke about Jazmyn, the young girl was lucky, in a way that how children must be treated if they are going to be adopted. ”I was never in the system but, I imagine it’s not something nice.” she said. Not being wanted must be one of the hardest things to deal with, for a while she too wondered what she had done for her parents to give her up, however, looking at how things were she was lucky.

After their conversation, they continued ice skating, Fiona slowly trying to help Jackson, but her efforts were useless as he lost his balance and fell down, trying to keep him up, but not being strong enough Fiona fell right after him.

Fiona was now laying on top of Jackson, both of them on the ice. The blonde was still holding one of his hands. ”Jackson?” she called out his name before looking at his face. There was a light blush on her cheeks, she looked away for a moment but her eyes quickly met his. ”Are you alright?” she asked him, concerned that he might have gotten hurt. She didn’t budge, which made things even more awkward, that is, until she realized their position. She slid onto the ice and let go of his hand for better movement.

She sat next to him and tried to help him sit. ”Are you hurt?” she asked worried about him.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.