L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

[!] Winter Solstice, Winter 15, YR 2
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 11:39 PM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

Welsey Basco

user posted image

Tanuki

“I can’t believe Lucy woke us up three hours before the train even showed up.” Wesley had never been much a morning person. He was the breakfast King, but that magic wasn't happening at the ass crack of dawn. It was happening whenever he managed to roll out of bed and shuffle into the kitchen. He needed his beauty sleep. He also required a few moments of peace upon waking up to lay in the bed and stare at the ceiling blankly in a groggy stupor. So, as Scout had stated, he also could not believe how eager her sibling had been to wake them. But, he was glad she had. He heard good things about this Festival, and he was psyched to try them out with his best friend instead of sulking around by himself this year.

When she passed him the coffee, he used it to warm his cold hands before taking a sip.

“So, what do you want to do first? Get something to eat? Build a snowman? I even brought my ice skates, even though he both know how bad I am at that.” His eyes widened at the sight of this years turn out. The lake was riddled with people already on the ice, and standing around were many families constructing snow-people of all shapes and sizes. He wanted to do everything! He loved the snow, and all the possibilities it brought about when it came along. He fully intended to take advantage of every single one of them. “If my ass isn’t sore by tonight I’ll be lucky.” He raised a brow curiously. By now, Scout couldn't be shocked by the things that came out of his mouth. "Ah, I see. Well if for some reason that does happen, I'm sure ole' Olly boy will take care of that for you." He nudged her behind with his hip. "Just ask him to kiss it and make it better, simple enough?" the man added smirking.

He pointed towards the lake, it was busy, but there was still enough room if they wanted to head out now. He didn't want to take a chance and let it fill up too much, then they would never get a chance to try it out. "Skate, eat, snowman?" He asked, turning to face her. "Wait, skate, eat, hot chocolate, snowman." he resolved, nodding his head with each word. If they were going to spend the day outside, he would need more than just one measly cup of coffee to keep his body going. Plus, what buffoon every said no to hot chocolate.

Ender Basco

WIP
PMWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 04:29 AM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Elliot A. Mercier
SATURDAY WINTER 15, YEAR TWO • LATE MORNING • CLOUDY
"Every time I look in the mirror, all these lines on my face getting clearer"
[ TAG - Ella, open! ]

Her words faded into his thoughts as Elliot continued to stare at ethereal things.

“Hm?”
he mumbled, when he was finally dragged out of them by a warm touch to his shoulder. He caught the end of her sentences – the only parts he really needed to be sure he answered.

“Oh yes, I’m fine,”
he reassured with a bright smile. “I was just thinking, that’s all.”

He nodded at her question and the three of them moved to sit on an unoccupied nearby bench. Elliot took Oliver’s hot chocolate from him momentarily as the boy pulled himself up onto the bench. He was finding it easier to scale higher objects and to climb onto them these days. They were keeping track of his growth spurts by marking his height every so often with a pencil to a door frame, and Elliot was shocked at how quickly he was growing. As he passed the hot drink back to Oliver and sat down himself, Elliot couldn’t resist commenting about it to Ella.

“He’s grown an inch since Summer,” he said, tone of voice wistful in a way all parents would know when watching their babies growing up seemingly so fast.
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 05:28 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE
Winter Solstice-Outfit- Ethereal (As Eugene), Open

Hayden loved making Eugene blush, because contrary to what anyone else seemed to think about her boyfriend, she thought that the red tinge to his cheeks whenever she said something that embarrassed him was adorable. Hayden didn’t tend to have a filter either. Perhaps it was something that she should have been a little warier of, especially with those gossip hounds of old ladies hanging around, but she found she couldn’t help it. When it came to Eugene, she took the risk. But a lot of those ladies were secretly looking for scoops in the crowd, not many of them had time to stay at the sidelines trying to find a good scoop to report to the town gossip column.

“Well, I would have had a better one if someone had helped me.” She insisted, sticking her tongue out at him briefly. Rusty was having too much fun playing in the remnants of Hayden’s giant snowball to notice the fact that her owner and favorite person were busy sharing a kiss, but her ears shot up when Eugene let out a yelp, the dog rolling over with ears pricked straight up as her tail wagged, watching Eugene as he attempted to get the snow out of his clothes.

Hayden watched him with a mischievous smile, even when he turned and said her name in a grouchy tone, one that he used to take up with her a lot more often than he did now.

“That’s a very common prank, you know. I’m just looking out for you, trying to get you used to living with us peasants.” She jabbed lightly in her signature joking sarcasm. “I’ll warm you up later babe.” She promised. To anyone with a dirty mind, it likely sounded dirty, but Hayden lifted her hands to show him there was no more snow in them. “Fuzzy blankets and warm soup, I promise.” She said as she trailed after him, Rusty following after her dutifully after she shook out her coat.

Hayden slowed her steps however as she noticed Penny on the far side sitting on one of the benches. She had Oliver, the security guard nearby, but she didn’t look flirtatious or as bright as she usually did. And Hayden doubted that was from the whole drunk marriage thing that she had told her about. No, she looked pale and sick. She was worried for her best friend, but with Oliver already tending to her, she didn’t want to overcrowd her and therefore didn’t go over, even if she was concerned.

Instead, when her boyfriend finally came back, she glanced at him instead. “So Eugene, what’s so different about the alps that you’d do anything over there but you don’t even want to make a snowman here?” she asked. “And is there anything you’d do with me here that didn’t involve standing around?”

#58A38E

--

user posted image

JACKSON MADDOCK
Winter Solstice-Outfit- Tecri (As Fiona), Open

Biologically, Jazmyn wasn’t his child. But nothing biological had ever mattered when it came to Jazmyn. He was her daughter and nothing as simple as genes would change that for him. Hayley had been one of his best friends, and when he took Jazmyn in after she had died, he promised to love her as if he had a hand in creating her. He liked to think he had done a good job for the first ten years. He smiled at Fiona with a nod. “Yeah, you never know what’s going to happen from one day to the next, so it’s good to love everyone your given as much as you can, while you can.” He answered, quieting as Fiona went on.

From the way she spoke, Jackson wondered if she had ever experienced something like that close at hand. He knew for a fact had Hailey survived Jazmyn’s birth, she would have never given her up. But he knew there were some people out there that could easily toss a baby aside like a piece of trash. He really didn’t understand those types of people, but he also couldn’t really judge them. At least the people who gave their children up the right way, and not cruelly. “Parenthood is a great thing. Having your child grow up to be so bright and full of life. They just don’t know what they’re missing when they do that. At least the ones who don’t have a reason.” He reassured her.

He laughed when she mentioned his talent of eating. “I’ll give you a pass for the first two, since neither has stopped working, but I’m going to say you’re exaggerating my prowess just a little bit with that last one.” He teased, though he had to admit he enjoyed seeing the shine return to her eyes when she spoke of snowmen. “I was an only child, but my mom made the best hot chocolate every year. I did have a girl that was like a sister to me, Hailey. She used to like lobbing snowballs at the back of my head.” He explained with a laugh.

“No, No, this snowman seems important to you.” He said with an assured nod. “So that’s what we’ll do. As long as you promise not to hit me in the back of the head with snowballs.” After a moment, he grinned.

“Of course, I’ll make an exception if you don’t mind a few being tossed back at you.”

#508A57

--

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Winter Solstice-Outfit- Aofie (As Wesley), Open

Scout was fine, that was until Wesley mentioned Oliver. Her already pink cheeks turned red and she snatched the coffee from him, taking a sip to hide her embarrassment as she nudged him with her shoulder. “Can you not?” she asked, looking at him with disbelief. She didn’t need to think about anything involving her boyfriend and her body at the moment, not when her brain had been jump started so early in the morning. She had spent the night at home, rather than with Oliver, and lately not waking up at his side, sandwiched between him and Zeus was a foreign feelings. “What he does and does not kiss is none of your business, thank you Wes.” She teased.

She pretended to look offended when he left out the hot chocolate, after all that was the only thing that made the perfect equation to a day of winter fun. “I was about to say, what’s gotten into you Wes? Forgetting hot Chocolate like that!” she chided playfully. “You should be ashamed of yourself.” She crossed her arms, coffee cup still in one hand, staring at him seriously before she smiled. “But I’ll let it slide, you’re probably just delirious from that wake-up call this morning.” She concluded before she looped an arm through his. “So, to the lake? We’ve just got to hope that the ice isn’t thin, and we don’t end up in the lake.” Though after about three days of snow and freezing temperatures, she highly doubted that would be a problem.

She walked over to a vacant bench with Wes and took her skates out of her bag, feeling the chill as she removed a shoe and her sock was exposed to the cold air, before she slipped the skate on quickly. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you skate before, do you have any idea what you’re doing?” she asked as she worked on tying her skate on securely. “Because I have a vague idea, but like I said this is probably going to end with me falling at least twenty times before finally giving up.”

PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 08:18 AM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

user posted image
Tag
Jackson (Tanuki)
OOC
OUTFIT HERE!

Winter 15th
At least someone was taking care of its own kids, unlike so many people out there, who just like to throw them away like garbage or use them for some gain, Fiona couldn’t understand how a parent does that to a child, but she took comfort in knowing how he thought about it. ”I think some just don’t really care, they just think they can get something out of it.” she commented, but it wasn’t exactly a conversation for the moment.

She was glad that the conversation had shifted its course to a more pleasant one. Snowball fighting were always fun, it didn’t matter who was winning, it was still fun to throw balls at one another; who was winning was irrelevant, it was the whole purpose of snowball fight to hit and get hit. ”I told you, eating is a great talent, in my honest opinion, eating makes people happy.” Fiona said taking a sip from her hot chocolate.

”I suppose you can say I’m a middle child, I like to say I was tortured by my older brother but all he did was brother things but I did use to throw snowballs at the back of his head, perhaps that’s why he used to shove them down my back.” she laughed thinking about how many times her brother had done that after a bunch of balls were thrown at him. ”Did you lose contact with her?” Fiona asked about his friend, she didn’t want to pry too much but if they were so close it’s hard to imagine them being estranged.

Snowmen were indeed an important part of Fiona’s life. ”It is and I can’t promise I won’t throw you one, or two balls…accidently.” she said with an innocent look on her face, eyes looking at him and a small childish smile. ”Oh, as long as you don’t shove them down my back you can hit me with them, I don’t mind, but I can’t promise I’ll stay still and won’t throw back.” she laughed drinking the last of her hot chocolate before a mischievous grin form on her lips, it wasn’t like Fiona to behave like that, snow just brought something to the surface.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png

user posted image
Tag
Elliot (Ethereal), Open
OOC
OUTFIT HERE!

Winter 15th
At least he answered her, still a bit distant but he did, well, it was more of a mumble than exactly an answer, but it quickly turned into a sentence, it wasn’t as bad as she thought, at least for now. ”You know, after almost drowning at that lake twice I often let go of things around me, it’s alright not to be alright all the time.” she commented taking a sip of her hot cocoa. Ella wasn’t going to tell Elliot everything but she thought he should know that people don’t have to be fine all the time.

Ella sat on the bench and watched Oliver, he grew a lot, at least from the last time she had seen him. ”I have to stop calling him little man then.” she said playfully. ”They grow too fast, sometimes it’s hard to keep track of it.” she mentioned. The only experience she had with kids was with her younger sister and she was too young to remember anything.

”How’s the library coming along? I haven’t had too much time to think about even going there, I feel like an awful person for not showing up.”

PMEmail
^
Tsushimii
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 02:59 PM

Chicken

GROUP: Indigo Leaf

Awards: 10

Rep: 2 pts

user posted image
Outfit | Tag:Ethereal Samuel/ Belle Misha | Wordcount: 427
user posted image

Her gaze was focused upon the small snow hill she was making with her feet, giving little more than a slight nod to the man's words... at least until her turned to her with a grin. She felt watched, eyes glancing sideways only a moment before taking a double take when she realized he was grinning to her. Her face turned to him, managing a meek smile as she gave a slight shift in her seat.
"M-maybe? I... I don't like extreme temperatures in either direction... So.. So I guess I prefer Spring and Autumn," she replied, a nervous laugh bubbling up from her.

"“Sammmmm, Kenzie really wants to make her uncle into a snowman,"

Her eyes flitted up as another man and a small child had wandered up to them, internally coiling into herself as the panic started to rise in her chest. A hand waved dismissively as he spoke, another nervous laugh escaping her as her face crept slowly more red.
"N-not at all! J-just small chat amongst strangers... Ah..." she paused, hesitating as she looked between the two.

It was then a small hand wrapped around hers, causing her to nearly jump out of her skin with the smallest of squeaks as she turned to find Rufus beside her. A sigh of relief escaped her, smiling weakly as she looked at him.
"Rufus, you startled me... Is something wrong?" she asked, a lot more calm when speaking to the child as a hand moved to brush loose snow flakes from his red hair. "No, yew just needed me."

The tot's response made her pale, her panic being replaced with pure embarrassment as he continued.
"Yew were doing your weird talking and looked like yew were going to run awway." Her voice cracked into a soft laugh, shaken and a hand moving to cover her face. She only then realized the three people were still beside her and she stiffened once more, faced quickly turning to them with a bright blush. "Ah! K-kids right? They say the darndest things.." she forced a small smile, pulling her little brother onto her lap if only to use him as an excuse to bury her face into the fluff of his snow coat's hood.

Rufus turned his bright blue eyes to the strangers, smiling brightly as they rested upon the child in particular.
"I like snowmen!" he beamed, recalling something her overheard as he was making he way back to Millie earlier. "I don't get to pway in snow much so it's really fun!"
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Youngblood
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 03:00 PM

You're infernal, majesty.

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 3

Rep: 1 pts

user posted image
Tag: Ethereal [Penny]/Open Date: Saturday- Winter 15, Year two OOC: Outfit

He couldn't do anything else but admit that going to this weird festival might have been a huge mistake. Not only disliked Oliver crowds and feasts like this, but it could be fun, right? But the fact that he now had to look after a sick Penny, didn't make it any better. On the contrary, he already had decided this wasn't for him and he rather stayed in his home for the rest of the day, enjoying the peace and quiet with some drinks and maybe the radio. Maybe he could even try to play on his guitar again, his fingers were getting rusty and he was afraid he would lose the ability to play as well as he did now.

Oliver watched as Penny finally was done doing.. whatever you could call that besides trying to keep your breakfast in your stomach, and she proclaimed she wanted to go home. He would have been more surprised if she would have turned around with a smile and told him to go ice-skating with her.

Coming back to his senses, Oliver stumbled after her, grabbing her arm to make her stop walking. 'Penny...' He started, with a frown, 'Your still wearing your skates..'

--------------------
user posted image
Tag: sammy [Emalee] Belle [Josiah] Date: Saturday - Winter 15, Year two OOC: Outfit

Smiling politely at Emalee's answer, Charlie nodded. He wasn't surprised more people were from Westhaven, this festival sure pulled a lot of people of the region towards this place. Charlie didn't blame them, he was one of them. Watching the girl chatter with the other man brought a content smile on his face.

Charlie fell silent as he kept listening to the conversation in front of him, twirling the cup in his hands. When all of the sudden the girl invited them to go Ice-skating with her, Charlie nodded shyly, taking a sip from his drink to hide his akwardness. 'That sure sounds fun!' He replied with a smile. He chuckled softly when the girl, now named Emalee bowed before them to introduce herself. 'Oh.. eh... Charlie. Hi.' Awkwardly waving at the two for a short moment, he drank the last bits of his cup, happy to have had a warm drink.
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 05:50 PM

user posted image

Eugene C. Beaumont
"Well he was just hanging around, then he fell in love and he didn't know how, but he couldn't get out"
[ TAG - Hayden, open! ]

Eugene’s eyes moved to look down at Hayden’s empty hands and then up to look at her face. He huffed, crossing his arms as he marched off straight in the direction of the refreshment’s stall.

From the small amount of time Eugene’s face had been visible, Hayden could tell easily that he wasn’t truly mad. He wasn’t even a little mad. He was grumpy because icy water still burdened his back, but the moment Hayden had started to tease him with that tone he loved so much and that smile that drove him crazy, Eugene couldn’t be frustrated with her. His mouth may have pouted but his eyes told her he loved her. Really he just wanted more of her sympathy and more of her care. It was addictive stuff.

Eugene came back from the stand five minutes later, carrying two hot chocolates. He gave one to Hayden, not saying a word as he did so.

“I didn’t dare purchase a tea,”
Eugene idly mused before Hayden asked her question. “I’m sure it would have tasted simply awful.”

He carefully sipped on his hot chocolate as Hayden questioned him on two fronts.

“Skiing,”
he stated simply. “And I suppose, if I really have to do something here… I wouldn’t mind ice-skating.”

Eugene really wanted to ice-skate. He’d only ice-skated twice before as a child, but the sight of couples holding hands and being utterly graceful as they traced swirls into the ice made Eugene wistful that him and Hayden could recreate the same scene.
Tanuki

user posted image

Elliot A. Mercier
[ TAG - Ella, open! ]

Elliot’s eyebrows shot up when Ella mentioned having nearly drowned in Nivalis Lake, not once but twice. He’d had no idea such horrors had occurred and, as her friend, Elliot felt guilty that he hadn’t checked up on her.

“Oh, gosh, Ella. I… I didn’t know. How awful! Are you alright?”

Elliot got the feeling that this was the reason she’d stood so shell-shocked at the entrance of the festival earlier, and consequently that meant he knew this wasn’t a topic she most likely wanted to speak of in depth, but he couldn’t help himself – he simply had to express his compassion.

Oliver, swinging his legs and sipping his drink after the sign it was OK to do so was finally given, paid no attention to Ella and Elliot. He didn’t hear Elliot’s wistful sigh nor see his daddy’s glance of adoration.

“He’s always going to be my little boy,”
Elliot mused. “Whether he’s six-feet-one or one-foot-six, I’ll never be able to see him as anything other than a tiny baby in a crib, I’m certain of that.”

The conversation topic shifted to the library, and Elliot shuffled a little uncomfortably.

“It could be better,”
he admitted. “Very little has changed since your last visit.”

And by that Elliot meant that things had gotten worse. More dust, more clutter, more disorganisation.

“But, really, don’t feel bad about not having visited in a while. It sounds like you’ve had a very… eventful year, and I can relate that much. I, myself, haven’t visited others nearly as much as I should have.”

Tecri

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker
SATURDAY WINTER 15, YEAR TWO • ALL DAY • CLOUDY
"I feel the same, I’m on my way, and I say things have changed for me, and that’s okay."
[ TAG - Mildred, Misha ]

It got hot in the summer, sometimes to the point that there was nothing more that Samuel could do besides lie down and wait for the dusk to come, but he’d never declare that an extreme of temperature. Summer was his favourite season, after all! It was perfect in his eyes, every minute of it. Winter, on the other hand, was a season of cold and death and everything that was terrible. Samuel was about to tell her that Spring and Autumn were nice too when Misha and Kenzie appeared.

“Kenziiiie! Mishaaa!”
he called out, instantly forgetting that Misha had just insinuated he have a whole bunch of awful white snow shoved down his top again. Ah, that was the moment their friendship had been consolidated. How it had been confirmed from a snowball fight, Samuel had no idea, but it had and that was all that mattered as he grinned at his best friend and his best niece.

In the second before the small boy appeared, Samuel managed to cheerily blurt out, “Oh, I’m Sam!”

Now they weren’t strangers anymore, he thought.

The little boy (Rufus, as the woman had called him) declared that he’d come to her rescue, not that Samuel really understood what he was saying. He spoke articulately enough for a toddler, but the sentences he’d spoken caused Samuel’s attention to drift to Kenzie as he pulled a funny face at her. It sounded like there were secrets being divulged by the innocent no-nonsense boy, and Samuel thought it best to pretend he hadn’t heard them for the woman’s sake.

“Kids,”
he responded, now turning back to smile brightly at the woman. Positioned between a man with a baby and a woman with a toddler, Samuel felt like what he really needed was Tabitha to be in his lap right now so he could be a member of the Cute Things club.

“Snowmen are cool!”
Samuel replied to the toddler cheerily, putting on the same babyish tone he used when speaking to Kenzie. Samuel didn’t really like snowmen (for the reasons of he didn’t like snow) but he wasn’t going to tell little Rufus that. “Make sure t’wrap a warm scarf aroun’ their necks, though. Don’t want ‘em to catch a cold now, d’we?”
Belle Tsushimii

user posted image
Penelope L. Benson
"Truth is that it was always going to end, this symphony buzzing in my head"
[ TAG - Oliver, open! ]

Like ice, Penny froze.

She stopped walking and looked down at her feet. Sure enough, there they were – ice skates. Caught up in a fluster of anxious thoughts and unsettled stomach feelings, she hadn’t realised she was still wearing them.

“For fuck’s sake,”
she muttered. Penny twisted her head around to stare at the hut by the lake. She counted up the amount of effort she had left, and realised there was only enough to get her home.

“They’re rentals,”
she told Oliver as she took advantage of a nearby bench to sit and pull off her skates. “Do me a favour?”

Penny looked up at Oliver sweetly. If that cute expression didn’t win him over, maybe the fact her cheeks were still tinged green would.

“Could you return them at that rental stand over there and get me my shoes back? Please. I’d do it myself but I don’t want to have to walk anymore than I have to.”

Youngblood
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:13 PM

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE

For the duration of Eugene being gone, and after those moments she had spent so much time worrying for Penny, she had been staring up at the clouded sky. Sometimes she wondered if she really truly hated winter as much as she liked to think she did. Sure, it had its bad days that she hated to remember, but how often did the village get together like this? Despite the need to pull together to keep their village afloat, everyone spent a lot more time apart. But meeting at the festival like this, it was a time where it felt rather unified. How could anyone hate that?

Her attention was taken by the return of her boyfriend who had handed her a hot chocolate, and she smiled before taking a sip. “Phew, my hero.” She said as she let the hot liquid warm her insides. It was the winter that at least have her the excuse to have as much hot chocolate as she wanted. “Can’t be any worse than the tea I make that you won’t drink.” She said, gently nudging him in a playful manner with her shoulder. “I’m starting to think we need to interview people just to find out who can make tea the way you like it.” She teased.

“Hmmm…I’ve never been skiing before. Maybe one day we’ll be able to save up and go skiing, you can show me how.” She said. It was so easy to say they’d do something like that in the future, so easy to assure herself they’d be together long enough to do things like that. After the events of yesterday and yesterday night, she’d believe that in a heartbeat. “Well I’m not bad at ice skating.” She admitted with a shrug. But she wasn’t the best either. “I’m also no Olympic grade skater either, but if that’s what you want to do, then let’s go get some skates.” She suggested, taking his hand with her free one.

#58A38E

--

user posted image

JACKSON MADDOCK

Fiona’s family life had been much different than his being raised with other siblings, where Jackson had been raised alone. His parents never intended on having more than one child but Jackson always found ways to entertain himself. With certain friends like family growing up, he never felt as alone as one may thing he would have being the only child of a homemaker and a fire chief. “Yeah, I never had an older brother myself, but I know they tend to do that. But hey, you survived through it! That means you can survive anything.” He said with a grin. Though that faded as she asked about Hailey, and he began working to roll snow into a ball for the snow body.

“I’m afraid not. Hailey passed away when we were still teenagers.” He answered as he tried to keep the snowball he was forming from crumbling. “It was a strange situation, but it was Hailey that really inspired me to follow after my dad as Fire Chief. See I wasn’t always so confident in myself as a kid.” He mentioned, scratching his cheek sheepishly. But he was glad to move from the topic as Fiona promised not to throw unless she found herself under fire. “So, ready to help me with this snowman then?”

#508A57
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:32 PM

user posted image

Eugene C. Beaumont
"Well he was just hanging around, then he fell in love and he didn't know how, but he couldn't get out"
[ TAG - Hayden, open! ]

At the mention of her tea, Eugene grimaced. It was neither faux nor emphasised – Eugene really did detest her tea that much. It had been nothing more than murky water with a hint of what could potentially have been tea, and Eugene, the first time he’d sampled a cup, had disregarded all politeness to spit it back out.

“That won’t be necessary,”
he told her. “I can make tea quite easily for us both should the right ingredients be acquired.”

Eugene really wanted Hayden to develop as much of an affinity for teas as he had, simply so he could bring cups of the fancier stuff to her with a romantic meaning more heavily implied.

Just like Hayden, Eugene’s mind was set to consider their relationship long-term. He couldn’t see it ending. To think about it ending was to see a blank space where their future was meant to be. Eugene had started trying to save up money (his former frivolous lifestyle meant that was a challenge) so he could take her somewhere nice, and if to the Alps on a skiing vacation was where she wanted to go then Eugene would take her there. Frankly, however, he couldn’t keep the disinterest out of his voice as he replied. “Sure, if that’s what you want to do.”

Eugene wasn’t built for sport. His tall stature would look great in a sports jersey – if anybody ever mentioned to get one on him – but that was it. Eugene could ski, albeit meagerly, and he certainly had never enjoyed it. Personally he’d dreamed of saving up money to take Hayden somewhere unknown and far out where the stars shone without light pollution so he could look at them with her, their hands entwined, and point out that none of them shined as brightly as she did.

As grumpy and bad-tempered as Eugene always seemed to be, and as rude and hostile as he often appeared to be to Hayden, it would come as a surprise to any of Aunt Bessy’s lurking little cronies (they were always hiding somewhere, one could rest assured) that the two of them linked their hands together with such ease.

They walked to the lake and Eugene handed over the money for two pairs of rental skates. He asked for a pair of size twelves for himself and began to lace them up.
Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:46 PM

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE

“Ohhhh, I see, well if you want to make us tea, then make us some tea sometime. You never offer so I never bother asking if you want to make it.” She pointed out cheekily. She was sure it was just because Eugene never really thought about it, but she would be more than happy to step aside when it came to beverage making if he really wanted to try making tea in her kitchen. Her home was as open to him as it could get as being her boyfriend meant he had access to pretty much any room in the house he wanted to be in, as to where at the beginning of his visits he was limited to the living room and the bathroom.

Eugene gave her a shrug and a curt answer. Hayden didn’t care where they went if she was honest, all she cared about was being together. They could honestly spend their money on a trip to the middle of nowhere and Hayden would have been happy so long as it was with him. For all their little arguments over nothing, they had a bond that was fairly undeniable. Holding onto his hand as they walked over to the rentals, Hayden waited as Eugene paid for two sets of skates, and when she got her pair she sat next to him to lace them up.

She hadn’t tried to stand in ice skates for a long time, so when she actually attempted to get up she stumbled back onto the bench with a soft grumble as she hit her tailbone, but it didn’t hurt much and she got over that in moments. “Baby you’re more graceful than I am, do you want to help me up?” She asked as she rubbed her back. “I’ve been ice skating before, but the last time I did this I was like…eighteen.” She said as she tried to remember. “You’re going to have to kick my memory into gear.”

#58A38E
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:48 PM

user posted image
Tag
Jackson (Tanuki)
OOC
OUTFIT HERE!

Winter 15th
Sure, siblings were fun and all and Fiona’s were more than she could ask, however they weren’t her true siblings, she loved them and she knew that they loved her, but from the moment she realized that she was adopted she never felt like she belonged, another reason to why she left to study far from home and only returned when her adoptive father died, leaving almost right after to go to Ioana.

When he spoke about his friend, she noticed there was something, she probably shouldn’t have asked. ”I’m sorry.” she said approaching him, Fiona didn’t know what to do, so she knew what she could do best, and hugged him, it might not mean much, but a hug always made things better for her. After a few seconds, she realized she had destroyed his snowball. ”Sorry…but I’m glad she inspired you.” what would have been the chances of them meeting if he wasn’t the fire chief? She was starting to get a tad bit attached to Jackson, and it was then that she began to worry.

Fiona knelt to make a bigger ball, she didn’t say a work but when she looked up and had a grin on her face, she made a small snowball and threw it into the air and caught it again. ” Shall we then?” she was going to throw the ball but felt remorse and shoved the snow into the bigger ball.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/blackheart_zpsowdwhrzt.png

user posted image
Tag
Elliot (Ethereal), Open
OOC
OUTFIT HERE!

Winter 15th
The woman was just trying to tell Elliot that not everyone needs to be okay all the time, she got a feeling something was up, however it wasn't her place to question him.
“No need to worry, like I said, no one is alright all the time, sometimes life just kicks you but you and Oliver made my day today.” She said. If it hadn't been Elliot with Oliver she was sure that whoever spoke to her was going to get a punch.

“Within the parameters of okay, physically I have no injury so I suppose that's good” she laughed dismissing the fact that she was clearly not alright, she was nothing but a shell of hatred for almost everyone.

“He’s a lucky kid.” She said genuinely, she had seen many parents but none was like Elliot.

“I even made a little trip to tell you the truth, it was relaxing but I was dying to come back to the valley.” she commented before hearing that he too hadn’t visited people, she could somehow relate to him but their reasons were probably different. “If you need any help you know I am, according to the town records, unemployed and it might also be good that I’m busy with something.” she offered.

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:58 PM

user posted image

Eugene C. Beaumont
[ TAG - Hayden, open! ]

Eugene’s eyes immediately darted to analyse Hayden’s expression as he felt her collapse back onto the bench.

“Are you alright?”
was his immediate response, even though it was obvious Hayden was perfectly fine.

He stood up, trying not to wobble as he offered out his hands for Hayden to hold onto. He wasn’t sure how this was going to work out for them if neither possessed the balance to walk in the skates, let alone to dance on the ice.

“I’m… I’m not sure how much help I will be of to you there, Hayden,” Eugene confessed, laughing softly. “I haven’t been ice skating myself since I was twelve.”
Tanuki

user posted image

Elliot A. Mercier
[ TAG - Ella, open! ]

Elliot nodded, glad that Ella was at least well enough to sit beside him now. He got the feeling that perhaps there was more she wasn’t telling him, but Elliot wouldn’t prey. Her innermost feelings were none of his business, and instead he settled for what was a little lighter conversation-wise.

“I appreciate that, Ella,”
Elliot replied. “Though I couldn’t possibly let you work without pay and, unfortunately, Town Hall won’t fund the library any more than they already do.”

Elliot swallowed the words that haunted him at night, ones that he’d read on a letter recently – Town Hall was thinking of cutting library funding.

“I do have a little help at the moment, however, so you needn’t worry about me nor Oliver.”

Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 07:05 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Misha Faye
Winter 15, Year Two ֎ Late Morning ֎ Cloudy
user posted image

Misha completely understood kids could let their words get away from them. While Kenzie didn’t exactly have the speaking thing down, she could babble on like nobody’s business. He worried how much trouble she would get herself into when she got older. Knowing his luck, he would be exactly like her mother.

Speaking of Kenzie, she was now trying desperately to wriggle free to play in the snow. “Oh! Oh!” she called out until Misha finally conceded and sat her down in the white fluff, playing in it the same way a child might splash about in puddles. In her excitement to play in the snow, she fell backwards, and Misha squatted down to help right her.

“Maybe we could all make a snowman?” Misha suggested. “Kenz might try to destroy it though,” he said with a light chuckle.

Josiah Wenthall
Winter 15, Year Two ֎ Late Morning ֎ Cloudy
user posted image

Josiah didn’t expect his suggestion for ice skating to met with so much enthusiasm. He smiled brightly, hoping he didn’t make himself look like too much of an idiot once they got on the ice. He drank more of his hot chocolate, enjoying the warmth that spread through him as the drink slid down his throat. He would definitely need another cup of this stuff later on.

“Josiah,” he said as the other two completed their own introductions. “Well, I guess we can go get skates. Hopefully I don’t fall on my ass too much. I can’t remember the last time I tried ice skating.

user posted image
Outfit ֎ Tag: sammy and Youngblood
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 07:18 PM

user posted image
Tag
Elliot (Ethereal), Open
OOC
OUTFIT HERE!

Winter 15th
”You said something similar the last time, but I’m not working for a paycheck, I love the valley, it’s my home and I’ll keep trying to get it to work even if I’m the last one standing against Westhaven.” she said proudly. She was a valley girl, born and raised.

”Town Hall is a bunch of ignorant bureaucrats.” she said. It was clear a slight hatred in her voice towards the town hall and whoever was running the place. Ella hated them so much, taking away the kid’s right to a proper education.

”I’m sorry, I have a thing with the town hall, a bit of a quarrel, but you know I’m just one request away, don’t be shy and if you need help I can lend a hand, even if it0s temporary.” she had offered her help to him before, and just like last time he dismissed, perhaps he was worried for the fact that she wouldn’t be paid, money was the last thing she was worried about.

”How about we forget about the town hall and you and Oliver give me a hand at the lake, I’m sure if I have a strong man like Oliver here I can get back into those ice-skates.”

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 07:22 PM

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE

Hayden knew she was just fine so when Eugene asked she nodded. “Peachy.” She answered, and she took his hands as he helped her to her feet. She held his hands tight as she tried to steady herself, while Eugene admitted that he hadn’t been skating since he was 12. Hayden didn’t really find it too taxing, in fact she laughed along with him, shaking her head. “Look it doesn’t matter if we suck, a lot of people do. The point is that we’re together right?” Sure Eugene loved to be poised, proper, but she hoped he’d have just as much fun with her even if they fell once or twice.

“Besides, Rusty’s already beaten us to the having fun part.” She said, pointing out the dog who was once again sliding around on the outer corners of the lake, apparently in the pursuit of some sort of small animal, but not quite getting there as the animal seemed to know how to maneuver through the snow much better than she did.

Hayden pulled Eugene’s hand as she slid out onto the ice, the unfamiliar feeling of gliding getting easier as she made her way across the ice. “Nice and easy.” She said to Eugene, assured if they didn’t try to pull some gold medal winning stunts that they’d be just fine sliding around out on the ice together. “You know it feels sort of like flying.” She said as they slid across the ice.

“That or I just laced my skates so tightly that I’ve lost circulation in my legs, you know one or the other.” She said with a cheeky smile as she attempted to turn in her skates, nearly losing her balance as she held onto her boyfriend for support. “Alright, so maybe I haven’t advanced to any fancy figure 8’s yet. I’m sorta content with going around in circles.”

#58A38E

--

user posted image

JACKSON MADDOCK

Jackson was very focused on the snowball he was building when he felt Fiona’s warmth at his back. He was lucky his cheeks were already tinged pink from the cold, because they could have turned a Similar color at that moment. He turned, accepting Fiona’s hug by wrapping his arms around her, staving off the cold for a moment. “Oh, hey don’t worry about it.” He assured her as he let her go. “I still miss Hailey, but I’ve gotten over that grief period, so I’m fine with talking about her.” He promised, though something he was never okay with talking about was the circumstances of Jazmyn’s adoption. He knew it made Jazmyn uncomfortable to know she was adopted, no matter how she tried to hide it. He tried many times to explained if how her mother had survived, he knew she would have never let her go, but Itris hadn’t been favorable of them that day.

“My mom always told me people come into your life for a reason, you know? That’s what Hailey was. I just live with the idea that I don’t regret a moment I spent with her, even though I had to let her go. She was in my life for a reason.” And when she had left, she had unknowingly given him the best gift he’d ever receive in Jazmyn, and no matter what his little girl feared, he was never letting her go. That was one person he would never want to leave his life, whether he learned anything or not.

Jackson nodded as she knelt to knead the snow into something larger, and he went to help her. He could see the glint in her eye as she tossed a ball up and down in her hands, and though she didn’t throw it at him, he playfully flicked some snow at her arm, which slid off her jacket. “We could also always turn you into a snow woman.” He suggested playfully. “With three days worth of snow, there’s more than enough.” He teased. He could always toss her into a snowbank, and then she’d be an instant snowman. But of course he wouldn’t do that, he wasn’t cruel.

#508A57
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.