GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 42

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Brandon Greene
Summer 11, Year 3 • Evening • Sunny
"Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt"
user posted image

Brandon could’ve went out this weekend, but instead he found himself sitting at home, watching a program on television while he drank some beers. He didn’t feel like being out in the summer heat, and why overpay for beers when he had a fridge full of them.

Brandon wasn’t expecting any company tonight, so he was surprised when he heard a light knock on his door. He checked his watch. It was late, not really a time anyone would pick to stop by unannounced. Maybe a neighbor needed to borrow something or they thought his tv was too loud.

He sat down his beer and made his way to the door. He peeked through the peephole, surprised to see Cassie standing outside his door. He unlatched the door and swung it open. "Cassie? What’s going on? Everything okay?”

user posted image
"If you ask me, don't know where to start"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 09:07 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 39

Rep: 29 pts

Cassie knew that she needed to leave Theo alone with Ender more often. While it was nice for them both to spend time with him, having parents who weren’t together meant that there were times where he would need to learn she wasn’t always going to be able to stay over.

That was especially true incase Ender found someone else, she was sure that they wouldn’t much appreciate her hanging around all the time. So she had taken him to the Highrise building and left her at Ender’s, and had been about to leave when she realized just how much she didn’t want to be alone in her own apartment.

But instead of going back to Ender’s apartment, she found herself at Brandon’s door. She took a deep breath. Maybe it would be bad if she dropped by unexpected? But she was scared of going home. So she knocked on the door, and when he answered she smiled softly. “Hi, Brandon. Yeah, things are okay! I just dropped Theo off at his father’s for the might and I was headed home but...” she didn’t know how to say it. “But...I don’t know. I guess I was just a little nervous about going home.” She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 10:43 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon was surprised to see Cass on his doorstep so late, especially when she didn’t live in the Highrise. He couldn’t imagine she would want to walk home late at night, but he was wondering what could have brought her here. Hopefully nothing bad had happened that brought her out.

But Brandon couldn’t help but give a light chuckle when Cass said she was just nervous about heading home alone, though he also couldn’t blame her. The walk to Paradiso, while it sounded like a nice place, the area around it was seedy, especially late at night. “Well I was just having a beer. Did you want to come in and have a drink?” he asked. “I could walk you home later or you can crash here.” He shrugged. “I don’t mind sleeping on the couch.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 05:22 PM

Cassie hadn't quite known what to say when he answered the door, and she had said the first thing that had come to mind, which was the absolute truth. She didn't feel comfortable with the walk home now, it was too late and she should have pushed to leave Ender's place sooner. But Theo was very resistant, and also her one weakness. By the time she had gotten to leave, she knew the walk back home would be difficult. She was just lucky that she was off of her second job today or she would have had to rush home much earlier for it.

When he said he had been having a beer, she felt bad for disturbing him. She opened her mouth to say something, but quieted when he offered her to come in and have a drink with him. Cassie didn't really drink much at all. She had always been the clean one, the one to make sure people got home okay, because in the end she had to run home and take care of her son. But tonight he was somewhere she knew he'd be safe and happy until she came to pick him up.

"I uh...well sure, why not? Theo he's uh...with his dad tonight." she mentioned, waiting for him to invite her in with a movement to the side or something of the sort before walking in. She looked at him when he mentioned sleeping on the couch if she were to stay. "Oh, well you wouldn't need to do that. I'm used to sleeping on the couch so I wouldn't mind." She promised, glancing around. "Didn't Maya invite you out this weekend though?" she asked. In fact she had, very pointedly, right in front of Cassie as they had been studying.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 08:35 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon stood in the doorway waiting for Cassie’s answer. He wouldn’t mind having her come in and drink. He wasn’t doing anything tonight and he liked hanging out with Cassie, even if she sometimes let the mom in her out too much when her son wasn’t around.

She accepted his offer and he stood aside to let her in, closing the door behind her. He shook his head when she said she wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch. “That wouldn’t be very chivalrous of me to let you sleep on the couch. They might take away my white knight card,” he teased.

He went into the kitchen and grabbed Cass a beer, removing the top before handing it to her. She mentioned Maya and he laughed. “Ha, yeah she did. Been asking me damn near every weekend. I told her I was busy but I’m starting to run out of excuses for her.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 06:09 PM

She had always liked Brandon’s apartment. The fact that it was much nicer than her own aside, it had a real bachelor pad feel to it, and while in a normal situation she wouldn’t feel so comfortable in that kind of environment, Brandon himself made her feel at ease. And it was quieter than it was over in Brandon’s complex than her own. In Paridiso, the walls were thin and it was easy to hear anything and everything your neighbors were doing, some would consider it a blessing lest someone was planning to rob your apartment, but others like Cassie found it troublesome with a child present in her own living space.

She smiled when he mentioned not being able to let her sleep on the couch. Brandon always knew how to make her feel comfortable, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to take his bed from him, though the thought of an option neither of them offered came into her head, and she resorted to playing with her hair for a moment in order to stem the blush that had overtaken her cheeks. Did she really just think about sharing the bed with him? Sharing a tent had been one thing…or had it? That was a situation where they had to, but here she was given a choice, so surely he’d want her to make one choice or the other, right? “I think you have to do a lot more than that to get your Knight Card taken away.” She commented as she took the beer he offered her and sat down on the couch.

“Try telling me to go sleep in the alley, they might take it then.” She suggested jokingly. She took a sip of the beer, and the bitter yet quaint taste was something that had been long erased from her memory. She didn’t often pick up drinks over the years while she was raising Theodore, but now that his father was back in their life in one way or the other, maybe Cassie decided, that it would be okay to let go just a little bit.

When he mentioned Maya had been asking every weekend, she frowned. “Well I…know that she uses too much perfume, but is there any other reason that you won’t go out with her?” she asked, almost curiously. Did she really want to know if Brandon would take the girl out? Why did she feel the need to avoid his gaze and play with the label of the beer after she had asked? Sometimes she swore she was losing her mind. “It’s just…I mean is there anything else about her that you just don’t like?”

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 09:00 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon laughed, taking a sip from his own beer. “I might if you start snoring,” he teased., though he didn’t have any issues when they were camping. He leaned back on the couch as she asked about Maya.

He looked over at her, his eyebrow raised. “Why are you so curious?” he asked. “Are you secretly working as a secret agent for her? Did she hire you to figure out why I keep saying no?” He laughed, taking another swig of beer. “But there’s a lot about her that I don’t like. To start, she’s annoying and narcissistic. And to finish, she suffocates me every time she enters my personal space.”

He shook his head. “Let’s not talk about her. Why ruin a good night?”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.