GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 37

Rep: 7 pts

Eleanor Walls
TAG
Elliot & Oliver Mercier (Ethereal)
NOTES

Spring 15th, 2pm to 5pm
Spring had arrived, snow had melted and it was time to explore.

Ella couldn’t exactly teach anyone, they still didn’t have a school, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t take a few kids, or in this case, one, to explore the magnificent caverns of Ioana. The caverns weren’t much, but for a kid they were out of this world, and they were also out of that world for Ella. The woman had a few good memories in that cave as a child, searching for dragons and magical stones, all in vain.

Today was time to take Oliver, the sweetest kid in the valley, for an excursion and the caverns were perfect for such deed. He was a curious little boy, he would love the cavern. Small pebbles that shined once the sunlight hits them, some worthless mineral, but to a young boy it was like finding a treasure. The boy’s father was welcomed to join, maybe they would be able to find the dragon that Ella never could as a child.

Ella was presentable, as much as she could, her now brown hair was somewhat new to her. She walked into the library and searched for Elliot and Oliver. Her life was a mess but she was starting to get back on track, on being responsible when needed to be; previously she wouldn’t allow herself to be near a child, her recklessness could have caused an accident, but now she was ready to face the world and face her own problems.

”Good day.” she greeted Elliot with a bright smile. ”I’m here to pick the little adventurer.”
PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 08:46 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 39

Rep: 46 pts

user posted image

Elliot A. Mercier
MONDAY SPRING 15, YEAR THREE • AFTERNOON • SUNNY
"All I need are trees and flowers and some sunlight, when memories are being made and where the old one dies"

Elliot liked to think of Ella as a friend. Their interactions were always pleasant and they both seemed to take an interest in each others' lives. Because of the length he'd known her and the teaching help she'd provided, Elliot was more than comfortable in letting Oliver go off on adventures with the white-haired woman.

They'd arranged today's adventure a week prior. Ella intended to take Oliver to the caverns (a place that Elliot had only read Ioanian fairytales about) and Oliver had been drawing pictures of caves with fairies and magic all week.

"Is it time yet? Is it time yet?"
Oliver kept repeating all throughout the morning. And each time, Elliot gently reminded the toddler to look at the clock hands. He'd been teaching Oliver time, but it seemed Oliver still hadn't quite grasped the difference between the big and the little hand yet.

Eventually, it was time. The doors to the library opened and Oliver was immediately on his feet, pattering over to see who the visitor was.

"Ella!"
he cried. Oliver quickly dashed back into the toddler's room to put on his coat and his hat.

"Good afternoon, Ella,"
Elliot said, directing a smile Ella's way. "How are you?"

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!"
Oliver said, bounding back into the foyer. "I'm ready! I'm ready! Canna go?"

It was a bittersweet moment for Elliot to realise that not a thing needed fixing on Oliver's apparel. No shoelaces needed tying, no zippers need zipping. The young boy was able to do those things himself now and though, whilst proud, Elliot was sad to see his precious boy growing up so quickly.

"Of course you can,"
Elliot said with a smile.

Turning his attention back to Ella, Elliot explained, "I'm afraid I've got quite a bit to do today so I won't be able to join you both. But..."

Elliot looked lovingly at Oliver who was beaming and bouncing up and down.

"I think Oliver has more than enough energy to make up for my lack of presence! Have fun you two! Be safe and behave for Ella, Oliver!"

"I will, daddy!"
Oliver promised.
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 07:33 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

Eleanor Walls
Elliot & Oliver (Ethereal)
NOTES

Spring 15th, 2pm to 5pm

Ella smiled at Oliver as he said her name and laughed when she watched him dashing to another room to get his coat. She approached Elliot and greeted him. ”Hello Elliot. I’m surprisingly good, how about you? Is the library getting a lot of visitors?” she asked. The library was one of the few places in Ioana someone could absorb some knowledge, it would be a shame to lose it.

Oliver had returned to the foyer and Ella knelt down and looked at him. ”That’s what I call perfection Oliver. Give me a high five little man.” she said extending her hand low enough for the young boy to reach it.

She looked up at Elliot and got up. ”Maybe next time you can help us defeat the dragon, what do you say?” she said. It was a bit sad that Elliot couldn’t come, but she understood that work comes first, she was the lucky one, she didn’t have to worry about work, at least for the time being. ”I’m sure that with his energy we’ll find the treasure quickly.” she commented with a laugh. Fairies and dragons weren’t real, she knew, but believing it made life more exciting.

When Elliot spoke to Oliver, she watched and smiled. ”We will and I’ll be taking my camera so I will present you with a photo of the incredible Oliver, the dragon hunter.” she said, trying to remember if she had placed the camera on her backpack.

When they were done talking, Ella smiled at Elliot. ”I won’t let the dragon take him, it will have to take me first, don’t worry.” she said, making sure Elliot knew she wasn’t going to let anything happen to Oliver and that his safety was above hers.

Once she left the library Ella walked to the Caverns with Oliver. ”Did you know that the cavern floor has sparkly stones whenever the sunlight hits them?” she asked the little boy. ”They say that the stones were magic, but with time they became dormant, how fun would it be if you got a hold of an actual magic stone Oliver?” she said stopping in front of the cavern entrance and peeking inside, just like she had predicted, some of the pebbles sparkled as the sunlight penetrated through the entrance hitting the ground.
PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 07:32 PM

user posted image

Elliot A. Mercier
"All I need are trees and flowers and some sunlight, when memories are being made and where the old one dies"

The library hadn't been doing any better than it normally did, but Elliot smiled and nodded anyway. The library got visitors. Those visitors kept the library open, and that was good enough for Elliot... sort of.

"I'm well,"
he replied, looking down at his enthusiastic son who jumped up not once but twice to give Ella two high fives.

At the mention of his father potentially joining them on their next trip, Oliver was jumping again. "Oh please, daddy! Please, please, please!" he begged.

Elliot smiled then laughed. "Definitely. I'll definitely join next time, Ella. Maybe we can speak when you return or later this week to arrange something, whatever time works best for you."

Of course Elliot wanted to join Oliver on these adventures. It killed him inside that he couldn't join him and Ella today, to watch his son's face light up as he saw some of the beautiful scenery around Ioana and drank up whatever knowledge a teacher had to give to him. But, it simply hadn't been feasible, not today. Elliot was determined, however, to make sure this was the only day he couldn't dedicate to sharing experiences with his son.

A few minutes later, Elliot gave the top of his son's head a loving kiss before waving him and Ella off on their adventure to the dragon's den. Oh, how exciting! And excited Oliver was as he skipped alongside Ella, giggling as she told him all the secrets of the caverns.

"Can we pick the sparkly stones up?"
he asked. "I wanna take one home for daddy."

Oliver could see it now: a nice rainbow rock for his daddy, one that would make him do one of those big smiles (and would also make his daddy generous enough to give him an extra slice of cake after dinner).

Back in Westhaven, magic was something Oliver hadn't believed in. In fact, he'd never really heard of magic because there simply was no magic to be seen in a concrete land. But, since coming to Ioana, every day he felt like he saw something magical whether that was a pretty butterfly or a sky painted with bright colours. Today, the magic was in the cavern floor. It was exactly as Ella had promised him.

"Wow!"
Oliver exclaimed, rushing forward. He dropped down to his knees and touched the colourful stones with his hands. "So pretty, Ella!"
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 10:58 PM

Eleanor Walls
TAG
NOTES

Spring 15th, 2pm to 5pm
The woman smiled at Oliver when he asked if they could pick one for his father. ”Obviously, I think he’ll be delighted that you thought of him, maybe I’ll bring him one too, this way he would have seen them and won’t feel bad for missing it.” she spoke as they kept walking towards the cavern.

As they arrived Oliver seemed to be excited about the rocks on the ground, Ella went to fetch her camera on her backpack, just because Elliot wasn’t there didn’t mean he couldn’t see what was happening. Ella snapped a photo of Oliver, she would have to go to the city later, but she assumed that Elliot wouldn’t mind waiting a while for the photos.

The woman walked inside the cavern and smiled at Oliver. ”I know, some of these are a mineral called quartz, some say they are good for you, absorbing the bad energies.” she said picking a small rock and putting it next to the light. ”See? Want to pick a pretty one for your father?” she asked the boy before noticing something sparkling up ahead, she knelled down and picked up a small piece of a moonstone, it was rare for them to show up there, but regardless she was sure it would be Oliver’s favorite to take to his father.

”Oliver, how about this one?” she said sitting on the ground next to Oliver. She gave him the small rock and smiled. ”Want to take a picture with it for you father?” she asked holding out the camera in her hand. ”I can take them next week to your house, what do you say?”
PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 21 2018, 05:02 PM

Oliver J. Mercier

All information given to Oliver at his young age was crucial. The little boy looked up to the adults around him and drank in everything they said. Though Oliver already had such a burst of his own personality, people like Ella were helping to shape his interests.

Oliver reached out for the quartz Ella was showing him. It was pretty, so pretty, and he wanted to hold it himself. “Daddy would love these quartz!” he told her.

Beautiful things were addictive and Oliver was equally as enchanted by the moonstone and its pearly sheen. “That one’s so pretty too!” he exclaimed, taking it from her and admiring it with wide eyes.

He gave a vigorous nod at Ella’s suggestion. His father loved having photos of him, that Oliver knew from the many photos that were around their small house. He got into position, holding the moonstone up proudly and giving the camera a big toothy smile.

When the camera clicked and the flash went off, Oliver remained in position for a second longer before rushing up to Ella. He bounced at her feet. “Was it a good one? Was it a good one?” he asked.
Tecri

( I am so sorry for the long wait! Please don't feel obligated to reply to this thread if you no longer want to! )
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 22 2018, 03:43 PM

Eleanor Walls
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
TAG
NOTES

Spring 15th, 2pm to 5pm
Ella laughed as Oliver spoke about his dad loving some quartz, it wasn’t a precious stone, it was a common mineral but it was pretty and it had so many geometric forms that it make quartz something unique. ”Then let’s take some with us, he can stare at them and maybe he can actually come with us next time.” she said. Hopefully next time Eliot would have some free time to join them.

As Oliver examined the moonstone and agreed to the photos, Ella took them, she was sure Eliot would love to have them. Soon after she took the photo Oliver ran to her and she smiled at. ”It was perfect, I have a quick camera here with me too, maybe you can take the ones I take today home and show them to him, what do you say?” she said, picking her instantaneous camera and pointing to a location with light and snapped a photo.

The photo came out of the camera and she waved the paper, waiting a few minutes for the image to appear before showing it to Oliver. ”See? Want to try taking a pretty one? You need to look thought the hole and when you see something you like you just press this button.” she said taking a photo of Oliver’s face and then giving him the camera for him to use while they were in the cavern.
PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 03:16 PM

Oliver J. Mercier

Oliver was happy that he was allowed to take some of the moonstone home with him. “Daddy’ll love it!” he told Ella as he put the bit of moonstone he’d held into his pocket.

Ella was using one of those new fangled cameras that Oliver had seen around Westhaven when he visited. When it snapped a photo, it came out of the camera like magic! Oliver was enchanted as she demonstrated to him how she could take a photo of the cavern and have it instantly develop. “Magic!” he cried. “Yes please, I wanna try!”

Ella passed him the camera and Oliver gripped it carefully. He didn’t want to drop it because he knew Ella would be sad if he broke her magic camera. Oliver wandered around the cavern for a bit in the safe vicinity of Ella, trying to decide what he wanted to take a photo of. Eventually he decided, bending down to look closer at a shiny piece of green rock. What it was Oliver didn’t know but he liked it. As Ella explained, he looked through the hole, positioned the camera, and clicked the button.

Just as he’d been amazed the first time, Oliver was amazed when the polaroid came out the bottom of the camera. It drifted onto the floor like a feather falling and Oliver picked it up. He stared at it for a second before proudly running back to Ella, waving it.

“Look, look!”
he told her, passing the camera and polaroid back to her. “Look, Ella! What is it?”
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 07:39 PM

Eleanor Walls
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
TAG
NOTES

Spring 15th, 2pm to 5pm
Eleanor watched as Oliver got excited about everything in the cavern. She sat down for a while as she watched the boy look around and take photos, he seemed so excited about the photos, they did look like magic. ”Oliver you like that camera don’t you?” she asked the boy as she took a photo of something else in the cavern.

Sue was sitting on the ground when Oliver spoke, he walked back to Ella and gave her the cam and showed her. She looked at the photo and got up. ”Show me where it was.” she asked Oliver but walked straight to where he took the photo, she knelt down to see what it was.

”Looks like a piece of emerald…but it doesn’t belong here…someone must have dropped it, or maybe it belongs to the dragon’s treasure.” she said picking it up. ”Well it’s not stealing, so we can take it. You know Oliver, we should never steal from a dragon, dragon’s treasures are cursed, but I bet his treasure is deeper inside.” she said giving the rock to Oliver. ”Keep it safe for me.” she said winking at him.

”Want to hang out here a while longer? Or shall we go to Grace’s for some cake before I take you back to your father?”
PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Yesterday at 08:05 am

Oliver J. Mercier

Oliver nodded enthusiastically at Ella's question. He didn't just like the camera, he loved it! He'd never seen anything like it before and was so grateful that Ella considered him a big boy enough to let him use it.

He showed her where the shiny green rock was and listened, yet again enthralled, as Ella explained what the mysterious mineral was. Oliver thought he'd heard of emeralds before, or maybe he'd seen them in storybooks where dragons slept around high piles of gold, rubies, diamonds, and green gems he'd never known the name of.

Oliver was excited that Ella was giving him the gem and allowing him to keep it. He had a special box (a painted cardboard box that once used to hold laundry detergent) at home where he was going to put all the treasures he'd found today. "I'll look after it, like a dragon!" he exclaimed, stomping around and pretending to breathe fire.

Although Oliver loved this cavern and everything within it, his stomach growled at the mention of cake. It made his answer for him. "Cake, cake!" he yelled. Oliver was sure there was a piece of chocolate sponge with his name on it at Grace's café.
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.