Hakumei
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 07:09 AM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| Ed | the church | spring 16 | lol, omg, idk |

It was another quiet day. The sun was shining and there was never any church services on a Saturday, so it was one of those days where Odette could pull out a chair and make some lemonade, and sit outside on the hill watching the sky pass by her without a care in the world. She could have been cleaning, or sorting out things in the church, but the weather was so nice she didn't really want to stay inside. She could have gone down to the village instead, but she could salvage the sunlight and warmth just as well by herself. Probably better, if she had to think about it.

The church wasn't closed, however. It was one of those things in the village that was never really shut and people could come and visit anytime whatever time of the day, because Odette was always around and she didn't really mind being woken up to talk to someone if they needed her. That was something she was prepared for as the Priestess, more than anything, and she knew that it was important to be prepared and ready for anything that she might come across, as much as it worried her.

She saw a figure coming up the steps and she quickly stood, robes falling to around her ankles as always as she waited for them to approach. It wasn't a figure she recognised, so she prepared her formalness as always. "Are you here to look around the church?" she asked softly, trying not to let her voice shake as the stranger - very tall stranger - approached her.
PMWebsite
^
Edelweiss
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 09:38 AM

La vie est la fleur dont l'amour est le miel.

GROUP: Orange Leaf

Awards: 10

Rep: 5 pts

Edmondo Marcello Christoffel
Spring 16, YR 1 § Saturday § Greenmarsh Church § [

Business was always something that Ed had to deal with. His brother Dante had come to the Valley for some small business interactions and convinced Ed to come along. Seeing he needed to take a breather after a long presentation, Ed didn't refuse the offer. The young man enjoyed the Valley when he could. Plus, it was a nice day to walk around and possibly shop for a bit.

Dante left Ed in the center of the town to deal with whatever he had to do. They decided to meet back in a few hours at the station. Dark eyes looked around the area he was in and decided to let himself wander without a plan. large feet carried his large body throughout the valley. Ed found himself in the meadows area of the valley, a place he wasn't too familiar with. It was a nice, beautiful place.

He continued to walk around until a large building came into a sight.A church, huh? Ed was all too familiar with churches. Being from a strict Italian family, his grandparents expected everyone to attend every Sunday at 9 am. The teen had no problem with religion, just he didn't believe in this God. of course, he would not shove his opinions down others throats, but a nice civil debate was sometimes had.

As his figure approached the building a polite voice called out to him."Are you here to look around the church?"

Was he? Ed was just kind of lingering around so maybe a look around wasn't a bad thing. "Oh, if that's alright? I've just been walking around that's all," he responded in an equal polite manner. He stopped near the entrance and would only enter until invited.

tags: ODETTE
OOC Notes:
PMEmail
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 10:12 AM

user posted image

Maybe she was too quick to presume, because it seemed like the boy was taken by surprise. Looking at him, he looked younger than what she could have guessed considering his size, but she wasn't going to ask about it simply because that was just plain rude, really. It was nice to have visitors, even if they were strangers, because it made Odette feel less like she was being forgotten about in the midst of the chaos surrounding the city.

When she realised he was waiting for her, she hurried over to the doors and opened them, hearing the light creaking of the wood against everything else as they opened. She smiled up at him, a little nervous over anything, because he was incredibly tall. "It's no problem, really. The church is open anyday, all day, really." Her voice was as level as she could get it, but she couldn't help but feel he could hear the quiver in her voice.

She hesitated, before she asked the question that was pressing her. "Are you from the valley? I don't think I've seen you around before.."
PMWebsite
^
Edelweiss
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 12:00 PM

Spring 16, YR 1 § Saturday § Greenmarsh Church §

Ed watched as the doors were opened for him. A petite woman with pink hair and long robes on greeted him. She was short, very short, well to him at least. Her face was calm and welcoming which was a nice thing. "It's no problem, really. The church is open any day, all day, really."

She was right. Churches seemed to never be closed. There were the occasional people who came in and prayed super early in the morning. Ed never understood why, but it it made their day better, he guessed it was normal. From her attire, Ed figured the lady in front of him was a priestess or someone part of the church. He was about to make a statement until she asked, "Are you from the valley? I don't think I've seen you around before.." The teen blinked at such a direct question. He must really stand out in ap lace like this.

"No, I'm from the city. I was just visiting with my brother who has some business here. But, I have frequented the Valley a few times in the past. First time seeing this lovely place! Churches never disappoint with their beauty. May I ask how long it's been around?" Ed chimed with curiosity.

OOC Notes:
PMEmail
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 01:07 PM

user posted image

It wasn't that he stood out. It was simply because Odette knew most faces of those in the valley and he simply wasn't one of them, so it made sense enough to her to ask about it. She didn't really like having people around who she didn't know, so she made an effort to find out a little bit about them, at the very least. At least whether they had moved in or were just visiting, because nowadays it seemed more common to have visitors from the city. Sometimes she was more on guard with people from the city in case they tried to convince her to sell her land, but other than that, she was the same with them as anyone else.

Hearing that he was from the city didn't really surprise her, if she had to be honest with herself. He was too young to be doing anything that she didn't like to do with the city, so she figured she would be just fine. "I must have missed you those few times, then," she laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. "The church has been here since the valley began, really. I've only been the Priestess here for a few years, though."
PMWebsite
^
Edelweiss
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 07:03 PM

Ed nodded and stepped inside the church. He looked up at the high cathedral ceilings and some of the stained glass windows. A statue of the goddess and another religious figure were at the altar with two decorative iron candle holders on the side of them. The pews were lined up neatly with equal spacing. Even though the church looked small from the outside, it was definitely bigger in the inside. Not as huge as the church he went to, but still a good size for a place like the Valley.

"How interesting," Ed mused as he continued to walk around the church. "It's definitely a beautiful church. Simple architecture..How is it, being a priestess?" It was a genuine question. The teen was always curious to hear about people's different lifestyles. What drove them to do this or do that? It was a learning experience and to see how many different people there were. "Is it a fulfilling job? Does it make you happy?"

OOC Notes:
PMEmail
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 04:50 AM

user posted image

Even though the church was old, Odette adored it. It was one of those things that really represented the Valley, because it had been there pretty much since the town had come into existence, and it showed its heritage better than anything in the town itself. And it was one of those places where all of the valley could come in together. There weren't many people, so it wasn't as if it was consistently full, but they could come together here and unite against whatever forces they needed to when they were in the church, and under the protection and love of the goddess.

"We can never really afford much, but I find simplicity is best," she answered softly, her voice shy. The question startled her, and she flailed for an answer. "I... well, I do love it. It's a quiet life, and sometimes there's not a lot to do, but if there's one thing I want to do, it's serve our Goddess the best I can," she replied carefully. "It makes me the happiest I could ever be."
PMWebsite
^
Edelweiss
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 04:57 PM

The young man looked at the priestess and could tell that she really enjoyed her job. His grandfather would always tell him if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. Ed hoped it would be true for him as it seemed to be for this young lady. He believed it takes a certain person to be in the clergy world, but that could be easily said for a librarian, a mechanic, and other professions. "As long as you're happy, that's all the goddess could ask for. I doubt she'd appreciate someone who didn't love their job representing her, right? I'm not super religious myself but have a high respect who work in the field in which you do. I just hope with my dream career of working in literary will bring me equal happiness. I do wonder if it's the right decision. You see, I come from a family of Naval men and mechanics. I sometimes wonder if breaking the tradition is the right thing. My family reassures me it's fine, but there's always that lingering feeling of if I am doing the right thing. It must be like that with being a priestess, too? "

OOC Notes:
PMEmail
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Aug 30 2015, 04:54 PM

user posted image

The young man was certainly wise, to say the least. What he said made enough sense to the pink haired woman, and it was something that she really wouldn't have expected to hear from a boy of his age. But he seemed to be asking her something that sounded like he needed reassurance, and she was more than happy to try and provide that for him if he needed it. "I would hope that I can... provide something that shows people that faith is sometimes the strongest thing someone can have to make them happy," she answered softly. Odette thought about it. "I daresay breaking tradition is sometimes the best thing you can do. There isn't any point in sacrificing what makes you happy for the sake of others, when you can be true to yourself."
PMWebsite
^
Edelweiss
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 10:20 PM

Ed listened carefully at the priestesses’ words. Maybe she was right. He was always different from his brothers since the day he was born. They were buff men, athletic, and stubborn. Ed was well, tall, somewhat lean and smart. Well, his brothers were smart. Street and Common sense over book most of the part. Trained fighters and mechanics they were. They were good at their job, making money flow into the family. "Yeah, I guess you’re right...Just, being from a family full of successful mechanics, being someone into books is an odd thing, " he responded softly, looking at his watch. Ah yes, it was time needed to head back to meet his brother. Ed quite enjoyed the conversation, but he must bid the lady he did not know her name goodbye. "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you, miss, but I need to head out. Have to meet up with the brother. I hope you have a good rest of your day. "

OOC Notes:
PMEmail
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:49 AM

user posted image

It occurred to her that she knew nothing about this boy so she didn't know how she was going to offer him good advice, but apparently she had said something right in her words, because he seemed to take them to heart. It did her good to know that she could help in some ways for strangers, even if she couldn't find it in herself to properly be able to talk to people. It was hard for her to go out and do it, because it was out of her comfort zone, but at least in the church she was in more of a place where she was comfortable in herself. Odette smiled. "Be proud of what you love. You'll never be happy otherwise." She was surprised that he was leaving so soon, but obviously he had places to be, and Odette wasn't that important. "Thank you for stopping by. It's been lovely talking to you," she said quietly. "May the Goddess' blessing always be with you."
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.