Don't Lead Me Astray, Odette Selwyn (Hakumei) & Jonas
Syn
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 08:34 PM

Chicken

GROUP: Pink Leaf

Awards: 5

Rep: 2 pts

Spring 24, Y3 | 3:12 PM
One head-shrinking appointment down, another to go. Jonas' doctor back in Surrey had recommended the boy find himself some form of therapy at his new home in order to deal with the potential trauma of his father's death.

Jonas, for the most part, did not believe in this nonsense. But he didn't want to burn any bridges with a doctor he'd had for years, even if Amelia was going to replace him as Jonas' physician. And, well, maybe he was feeling a little bad about something he'd done. Robin, the therapist at the clinic, had certainly sussed that out.

His father had been religious. He'd become more so after Jonas' mother became... different. So Jonas did what his doctor would praise as good sense: he committed to speaking to someone from both sides of the spectrum. Jonas wasn't nearly quite so religious, if at all, but good advice was good advice, right?

It had been a bit of an effort to find the church, arriving later than he would have liked. He wasn't sure if the priest would be in, especially since the sky was not keen on ending its wet onslaught of the elements. Jonas shut the door of his car and sauntered up the church steps, hurrying into the safety found within.

As he looked down at his somehow-soaked clothing, he called out, "Anyone here?"
PM
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 02:47 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| jonas/Syn | the church| spring 24, Y3 | yolo |

She was still shaken from the events of the library fire, but she had to carry on as normal as she could, and that included tending to the church, running the services, keeping everything the way that it had been. Odette was trying her best to help Elliot with whatever she could, but she had a dire feeling that things were going to go the way that she didn't want them to go again, as much as she was trying.

If anything, she was trying to puzzle out why. What was going on, why it was happening - why Itris was allowing it to happen. Odette saw it as a test of faith, especially for her, but nothing was wavering her faith in her Goddess. As long as she still lived, faith for Itris was never going to die, at least.

It was pouring with rain outside, so it had been a quiet day. Odette was used to the solitary days - she took comfort in them, for the most part. After all, Odette wasn't exactly famed for being sociable.

When a voice reached her, she startled, and got up from her position kneeling behind the altar, glancing to the newcomer who came in looking, well, incredibly soaked. "Oh, so sorry! I was just praying -" she started, running to find a towel. "Let me get you a towel, you'll catch a cold like that -" She found said towel and went to hand it to the man, as usual having to hand it upwards rather than outwards. "I'm Odette, the priestess - let me know if you need anything."
PMWebsite
^
Syn
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:24 PM

Chicken

Spring 24, Y3 | 3:13 PM
Jonas’ eyes widened slightly at the religious representative of the Valley. He did not quite know what exactly he was expecting, but certainly not a minuscule woman. She was almost small enough to fit in his pocket… and he didn’t even have a pocket!

He dashed away the internal commentary on the priestess’ size and offered her a thin smile. ”A towel would be nice, thank you.” Being wet didn’t bother him, but looking around at the church pews made him think that maybe the priestess wouldn’t appreciate them getting damp. Probably wasn’t good for the aged wood that had been kept out of the elements for what seemed to be far longer than his age and then some.

Taking the towel from Odette’s grasp, he quickly dried himself off and then awkwardly held onto the rag, unsure where to discard it. Jonas finally settled on just draping it over a nearby pew and hoping that wasn’t too insulting. ”I’m here to talk to someone,” he answered in response to Odette’s offer of help. ”I guess that someone would be you.”

PM
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 01:29 PM

user posted image

It was purely out of goodwill that she always kept towels around, because the seasons could be iffy with their weather and she didn't want anyone catching a cold. She was less bothered about the pews, because she had learned a long time ago how to preserve the aged wood regardless of the damp or not - the church was a solid structure, but it wasn't always good with the elements either way, and she didn't mind the pews getting wet. She was always more concerned with peoples' health.

Odette didn't mind the towel being hung on the pew, in any case. She just made a mental note to grab it later so she could dry it off. "Ah, okay," she answered with a nod, clasping her hands in front of her. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?" she asked, her composure immediately settling into 'priestess-mode', as she called it - because she wasn't so anxious when she was doing her job.

PMWebsite
^
Syn
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 02:05 PM

Chicken

Spring 24, Y3 | 3:14 PM
"Oh," Jonas let out, watching the small lady in front of him shift in demeanor and posture and then ask him about his troubles. There was a bit of whiplash there. He opened and closed his mouth a couple times thinking of what to say.

He finally settled on cracking a joke. "Don't you have a box you need to shove me into first before I can start talking?" Jonas gave a half-hearted smirk and leaned onto a nearby pew, suddenly nervous about being here and under the watchful gaze of a very small, very intense woman.
PM
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 02:41 PM

user posted image

Odette looked up at him and then her composure was gone, immediately flushing and looking at her feet. "We, uh... I don't really have a private space, so to speak, for this kind of matter," she answered awkwardly. "If you want to make sure of privacy, you're welcome to come upstairs to my place, I suppose... I can make tea..." she suggested, although she was mostly hoping he didn't mind sitting at the front or something along those lines.

Besides, she wasn't particularly comfortable with a random stranger being in her room. It was all pretty much one big space, with a few doors separating things, but she had never had to do that before. "Otherwise I can lock up the church, but no one ever comes by at this hour."

PMWebsite
^
Syn
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 03:32 PM

Chicken

Spring 24, Y3 | 3:15 PM
His eyebrows raised at the priestess' suggestion of them moving up to her apartment, Jonas' instincts immediately traveling down a darker and less holy path. He had to chase the idea away, agitated with the situation. That wasn't why he was here. And, if he had to guess, he doubted that trying to hit on a priestess would go well.

He looked around at the empty church. Nobody would know...

No. He shouldn't. Jonas shook his head at his own internal dialogue but passed it off as though he were refusing Odette's offer. "We can talk here, as long as you're sure nobody is going to come around."

Jonas frowned. "I don't want people to know my... stuff."
PM
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 03:49 PM

user posted image

She smiled reassuringly at him, completely oblivious to his internal thoughts. "I promise, if anyone comes knocking, we can find a private space for you to talk as soon as they get here - it's not a problem for me to leave people in the main hall alone." She trusted people not to take anything - not that there was much to take - and she was never gone for long anyway.

She sat down on the edge of the one of the pews, looking up at him - she wasn't sure if he would feel more comfortable sitting or standing. "So, what is it that's bothering you?"

PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.