L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

a golden afternoon
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 03:16 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image user posted image user posted image

| sari/flan | the church| spring 8 | lmao ur good |

Odette wasn't really the type of person who could be ruthless on a wholesome sense, so it was almost a shock to her when her friends could be the same with her. Maybe it was just their way of showing that they cared - that was most likely to be the case, if anything else. She rushed any potential bad thoughts about that out of her head, because there was definitely no point in worrying about those.

It was always a surprise for her to be asked about Elliot and Oliver, because there were always a billion things that ran through her mind when she thought about it. Of course, they were both well, and that was a certain thing - but how could she describe how much more time they had been spending together, and that things always seemed to be a little more flustered (in a good way) every time she saw him? Every time she wanted to say something about how much she cared about him, it seemed like her mouth betrayed her and she couldn't say a single thing.

"Oh, they're good. They come and visit occasionally after church," she smiled somewhat vaguely. There wasn't much else she needed to say, right?
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 10:27 PM

come at me scrublord i'm ripped

GROUP: Pink Leaf

Awards: 5

Rep: 9 pts

Because Odette didn't talk about them in too much depth, Sari had no idea just how much her friend's fondness for the man ran. From what she understood, though, Odette didn't have too many friends either; she was just happy to know that Odette had someone to turn to during the week. "That's good. Did they visit for your birthday?" She asked, a little curious, as she had another sip of tea. Also, did mystery library man have any present suggestions for next year?

"Oh, that's right," Sari started, blinking as she remembered something she had been meaning to do for quite a while now. "Do you happen to know how I could donate books to the library? I have some old ones I don't need anymore, and I figure they'd do more good collecting dust in town than in my apartment." She had no doubt in her mind no one in Ioana was interested in the wide range of weird and obscure books and encyclopedias Sari had a tendency to read and devour, but still, if someone was interested the option should be there for them to pick.

"Every time I go by, I always seem to miss him, and I don't want to just leave them on the desk, you know?" That would be rude, and Sari didn't want to be rude to a friend of a friend.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 07:37 AM

user posted image

She wasn't always one to talk about her friends and especially not her affections, because even though she did trust her friends, she didn't always trust that her secrets wouldn't get out to certain people in question. That was why she rarely talked about Elliot, only to people like Dean if anything else, because she didn't want to risk Elliot finding out about what felt like her ridiculous schoolgirl crush. She smiled. "They did. I somehow let it slip to little Oliver about my birthday so he apparently insisted that they come and see me. It was nice of them, though."

She thought about it, a little frown creasing her forehead. "I mean, the library is open most days of the week, but I think if you pop into the library in the mornings you're probably more likely to catch them. I can let him know that you're coming, if you want," she offered. She was sure that Elliot wouldn't mind if Sari dropped them off, but if Sari wanted to make sure she got to meet him herself to drop them off, then Odette would gladly give her friend a hand.

PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 12:23 PM

Sari smiled, cheek cupped in her hand as she replied, cheerily, “That’s so cute, children are adorable.” If she was being honest with herself, she would have been happy immediately going into teaching rather than continuing her education after college. But, well, her parents had insisted she try to do better than just a teaching job. It was a bit funny that she had ended up at a teaching job anyway, though her mother was perfectly happy saying her daughter worked at a university rather than a preschool. C'est la vie.

She nodded in answer. It made sense; whenever she did happen to stop by the library, it was usually in the afternoon or evening. She probably just missed them. “That’d be wonderful actually, some of them are a bit heavy so two sets of hands would be better than one.” She smiled sheepishly at the thought of the many time she had to repair her shelves because she had stacked too many thick tomes on them at once. “You wouldn’t happen to want any, would you?” She asked, figuring she should offer her friend first before donating them all.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 05:51 PM

user posted image

She'd always known that her parents wanted her to help carry on with the business, not to go into the work that she had done, but Odette had loved her hometown so much that she hadn't wanted to leave when they had. She had certainly had a talent for jewellery making, that was for sure, but she had had too much attachment to Ioana to be able to leave it without a heavy heart. So she had turned to the Goddess that she had loved so much and dedicated her life to Her. That was how it was going to be - and she knew that her parents were satisfied as long as she was still happy. "He's a lovely child. He's going to go far, I know it."

She thought about it, and the new book about the Goddess that was currently on her bedside table because she was too afraid to let it out of her sight. Did she even have any more room for any books? She shook her head. "I don't think I have the room to be able to take any, but I can tell Elliot when you're coming if you have any idea about a day," she suggested with a small smile. "I can go down to the library any time to read them."

PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 05:01 PM

As much as Sari liked kids, she was probably never going to have any of her own, and that was fine by her. Her mother, not so much, but Lavanya didn't have much of a say in the matter in the first place. Sorry mom, you're just gonna have to deal with not having grandkids.

"That sounds good." She nodded, a little glad Odette didn't ask what kind of books she was thinking about donating. Because. Well. Explaining a majority of them would probably put most people to sleep. It was probably for the best she didn't want any. "I'm not sure about a day, though... I mean, other than the fact it'll be over a weekend." She smiled a little. "It might be easier if I just send you a note?" Because until summer break, she was chained to the university's schedule and there was no way she'd be able to make it on a weekday.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 04:45 AM

user posted image

| sari/flan | the church| spring 8 | we can leave it here??? |

Odette figured a long time ago that her parents had probably accepted that their family bloodline was going to end with their only daughter, because she never seemed to have any plans to marry nor the courage to actually go out and find someone. They didn't seem to mind too much. She figured they'd be happy enough if she eventually just settled down and married rather than spending the rest of her life practically a hermit.

She nodded amiably. That sounded decent enough. At least if she got a note she could run down to the library and let Elliot know well in advance. "That sounds good to me." Her eyes flicked to Sari's cup and the alarming lack of tea that was filled in it. She picked up the teapot and offered it to her friend. "Would you like some more tea?"

It was always nice catching up like this.

PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.