L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

a golden afternoon
flan
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 05:07 PM

come at me scrublord i'm ripped

GROUP: Pink Leaf

Awards: 5

Rep: 9 pts

spring 8 ● afternoon ● cloudy

The walk to the church was something Sari would never tire of. Between the flower fields and the lake, it all painted such a pretty picture she found her breath taken away every time. Springtime in the valley was probably her favorite, just because of all the colors that suddenly reappeared once again. Sari had never cared much for winter, anyway. The cold didn't really suit her.

The church fit into the frame of this peaceful scene as well, it's white walls and small bell tower completing the cozy painting. It was a shame she hadn't been able to make it yesterday, but the lightning had been so awful she decided not to risk it. At least the pastries she had brought were still fresh, otherwise she would have been really upset. It had been just a passing comment from Odette, but ever since Sari had gone out of her way to pick up a box for them whenever she traveled into Ioana.

She eased open the door to the church slowly, peering around for a familiar head of pink hair. There was no sign of the priestess here, so she must be upstairs. Sari wound her way up the steps, before stopping at the door and knocking lightly.

Hakumei ((SORRY IT'S SO SHORT ;;;))
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 01:05 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| sari/flan | the church| spring 8 | lmao ur good |

It wasn't often that Odette had friends outside of Elliot to spend time with, but the teacher from the city was a different case - she was an accidental friend that she had made when she'd gone on visits to the city and when Sari had come down to the valley at the weekends. Now it was just a common habit for the both of them to have tea and biscuits and the like at the church whenever Sari was about and had the time, and Odette was glad that she had another friend like her to spend time with.

The original plan had been yesterday, but the weather had been so terrible that Odette didn't expect her friend to make it out and instead they had replanned for today, since they were both free either way. She'd been preparing all morning with her nice tea set and generally tidying up and making everything look nice. Even though she had been expecting her soon, when the knock came on the door she still jumped from the sudden interruption. Always the deer in the headlights.

She flew over to the door and opened it to her friend, smiling up at Sari warmly as she stood aside to let her in. "Sari! Come in, how are you?"

PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 09:09 PM

Sari's hand had barely left the door when it opened, admitting her into the church's upstairs apartment. And there was the town's little priestess, her usual smile on her face. No matter how bright the sun, Odette always seemed to shine a little brighter. "Hello Odette, it's good to see you too." Sari smiled back in reply, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she stepped into Odette's home. "I'm well, how are you?" She slipped her shoes off before getting out of the entryway; the smell of tea was heavenly in the air, and Sari couldn't help but sigh happily. She was lucky to have friends who liked tea as much as she did; where would they be as a society without tea?

"Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, but that storm was terrible." She knew it wasn't her fault that the weather had been so dreadful, but still, she felt the need to apologize regardless. Manners matter! Carefully, she took her small box of pastries out of her bag, and set them down on the table. "At least they didn't go stale overnight, though." She found herself smiling again; these weekend trips were always a bit of a treat for her, and getting to see Odette just sweetened them. "How have things been with you? Anything exciting happen this week?"

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 04:00 PM

user posted image

Odette was always shorter than her friends - that had been a commonplace thing all the time from when she was growing up, and it was something that she was simply used to now. She never asked for people to take their shoes off where she lived because she knew that sometimes dust could be rife and the floor was hardly the nicest on the feet, but she had put a rug or two down and despite the fact that the building was old and creaky she tried her best to make it homely enough. "I'm good. Just been busy with church things, really." So not much different to the usual.

She shook her head as she bustled about to make sure that she hadn't forgotten anything on the table that was placed in the room, motioning for Sari to make herself comfortable. "No, no! Not at all. It's not your fault - I wasn't expecting you to come out in that weather. It was awfully dangerous." The spring storms were always expected, and when they interfered with Odette's plans it was only a mild inconvenience that could always be replanned. When she saw the pastries on the table she squeaked a little - Sari knew, somehow, that they were her favourite pastries, but she couldn't remember when she had told her.

The same with Ollie and her birthday, she supposed.

"Other than being surprise-visited by a - friend - and his son on my birthday a few days ago, nothing much else other than the normal. What about you?"

PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 09:19 PM

Odette busied herself with fussing over the table, waving a hand at Sari that she took to mean she could make herself at home. She smiled as she took a seat, nodding sagely and pretending she knew exactly what Odette meant by church things. Whatever they were, they sounded like hard work. Sari had never been entirely clear on what Odette did in the church, aside from Sunday sermons, but still, she was sure her friend was working hard, and she respected that in the priestess.

"It was awful, I'm glad I made it to the inn before it really started coming down." She smiled as she rested her chin in her hand, her elbow propped up on the table. "Here's hoping it's clear skies and sunny days from now on." Her smile grew at the Odette's delighted little squeak at the sight of the box; it had been a simple passing comment said ages ago, but Sari had remembered. Just like these tea time visits, Sari's trip to the bakery was also a weekly occurrence, and it was one where she always remembered to pick up Odette's favorites.

Sari perked up, eyebrows raised when Odette mentioned a surprise party. "It was your birthday this week?" She asked, steam coming out of her ears as her brain worked to try and remember what date Odette's birthday was on. She was ashamed to find she couldn't remember it at all, and kicked herself a little for being so inconsiderate. "I'm so sorry, I must have forgotten. Well, happy late birthday, I suppose." She smiled, wishing she could have done more than give her friend a present of day old pastries. "You have to give me the date so I won't forget again next year," she added, a tiny frown on her face.

As for what was going on in Sari's life... she hummed, thinking it over. "An old student of mine visited me the other day. She needed someone to talk to, and... I honestly didn't think she even liked me when I was teaching her, so that was a bit surprising." Lisbeth always had something to say, and to have her burst into her office at the university like that, so much quieter than her usual self, had startled Sari. "I'm just happy that she considers me someone she can talk to," she finally sighed, pursing her lips in thought.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:41 PM

user posted image

Being a priestess was an odd job. She mostly got paid by the town hall for a lot of things that included helping at festivals where they could afford it, but it wasn't as if it was a well paid job and Odette was living in luxury. It wasn't something that really helped her live month to month in complete comfort - but she enjoyed her job, she was glad that she was contributing to Ioana and she wouldn't have her life any other way, even though her parents worried she barely had enough to eat.

"I would hope so. Spring is such a temperamental season, though," she answered thoughtfully as she finally got everything together and could turn to put the tray of tea things onto the table. She loved Spring - not only was it her birthday season, but it was also a season of new life and so many other things, but the weather could be awful sometimes and that was really, for Odette, the only disappointing thing about the season.

She flushed a little. "Oh, no, don't worry! I tend to keep quiet about my birthday anyway," she replied, a little flustered about it all. The same way that she had been when Oliver and Elliot had shown up, because she hadn't been expecting it and Odette was the worst with dealing with unexpected surprises. If someone had thrown her a surprise party, she probably would have had a heart attack and died on the spot. She avoided actually saying the day though.

She smiled as she poured them both a cup of steaming tea. "I'm glad that she could do that. Sometimes people just need that person to talk to." It wasn't an uncommon thing for the same thing to happen to Odette, where she would be the confidante for someone in need. But she didn't know, either, that the same girl who made a habit of leaving her out of her pranks with Penelope, who made sure that no one touched Odette in a mean way, was the same one that Sari was talking about.
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 03:37 PM

The tea smelled wonderful, and Sari breathed it in greedily. There was nothing better than tea with friends, in her humble opinion. She wrinkled her nose slightly as a thought crossed her mind, and she voiced it with a hint of distaste in her tone. “I’ll gladly take spring over winter anytime, though. The cold is unbearable, and I can’t stand the snow.” She must sound like a whining child, but honestly, it was true! Winter was pretty enough, she supposed, but being outside in it was another matter entirely, and one she hated to think about if she didn’t have to.

Sari couldn’t help herself, she grinned at the small flush on Odette’s face. “Aw, shy?” She asked teasingly, her eyebrows raised slightly. She could see why Odette would be reserved about her birthday; being the center of attention could be unnerving, but still, it was a day to celebrate your life. And Sari wanted to be able to celebrate Odette’s life, along with all her other friends. So Sari leaned forward, brows waggling as she asked, a pleading lilt in her voice, “If I tell you mine, will you tell me your’s?” She was fairly certain she herself hadn’t mentioned her birthday to Odette, either. Two could play this game!

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 05:50 PM

user posted image

She smiled amiably at the comments. If she had to be honest, Odette loved all seasons and she didn't mind having either, but she could express a preference for spring and the warmer seasons simply because it did get hard for her to warm up the church in the winter. It wasn't exactly easy to keep a building built out of stone very warm, especially when it was hardly the most modern of buildings and old as anything. "I don't mind winter. I just prefer the warmer seasons, I suppose," she voiced, musing on it. It wasn't as if she had different seasonal outfits, anyway.

Odette didn't really have 'all' her other friends. They amounted to about three people, including Sari, plus little Oliver who was something more of like a weirdly-adopted son for her or something like that. She didn't really think she could be 'friends' with a three year old, at the very least. But the challenge did make Odette smile, and she sipped her tea knowingly. "It's not too hard when I can pop down to the town hall and ask about yours. Or ring my parents in the city," she smiled. "They have their ways of finding things out. But mine's in the first week of Spring. I'll let you guess."

She just really didn't want to say the exact date.
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 05:21 PM

“Warmer is better,” Sari agreed with a nod, finally taking a sip of her tea. It was as delicious as it smelled, and she sighed happily.

Her happiness was quickly soured when Odette threatened to cheat, however. She widened her eyes and covered her mouth with her hand, feigning shock as she said, bewildered, “Odette, how could you? That’s not fair at all.” Of course she was just teasing- for all her serious demeanor, Sari had a sense of humor too.

She perked up at Odette’s last comment, though. “So it’s a guessing game?” She asked, smiling evilly. Guessing games were simple if you just used math to increase your chances of finding the right answer. And besides, Odette was the one who made it a game. Sari had been willing to negotiate, this was now war.

She cupped her chin in her hand again. If it was between the first and yesterday, that gave Sari seven days exactly to work with. And half of seven is 3.5, round that up and you get… “Is it Spring 4th?” She asked, her eyebrows raised as she waited for Odette’s answer.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 02:36 PM

user posted image

It was rare that Odette threatened to cheat on things like this, but she was so elusive about certain dates in her life that she couldn't help but be like that when she wanted to avoid telling someone something. Especially when it was a friend, because she couldn't stand the extra attention and then felt like she had to try and match it and then couldn't. It was all a tedious thought process at the end of the day.

She smiled. "Maybe." She liked to play games, but it wasn't as if she was actually going to tell her friend when she got it right. Odette wasn't the best at hiding these things, but she could damn well try hard to. She just didn't want to be dealing with extra attention when it had taken her years to get used to Dean and his family on her birthday. That had been hard enough, let alone adding extra people into the mix.

A shake of the head. "Nope."
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 06:03 PM

Hmm, so it wasn't the fourth of Spring. Sari picked a pastry out of the box and frowned. "Well then, is it greater than or less than 4?" She asked, before taking a bite out of it. These might be Odette's favorites, but Sari adored them as well. They were sweet, but not too sweet, just the way Sari liked it. She finished chewing then took another sip of her tea. Okay, time to brainstorm. She was figuring this puzzle out one way or another, there was no way out of it!

It was then that a terrible, evil thought occurred to Sari, one that Odette was not going to be happy about at all. She grinned. “You know, if I guess every number between 1 and 7 and still can’t get it right, I’m just going to have to bring you gift everyday for the first week of Spring.” She looked very much like a cat that ate the canary as she sipped her tea again, then added, as an afterthought, “My birthday is on Fall 24th, by the way. Just to make things fair.”

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 16 2016, 08:21 AM

user posted image

"Greater." From what she figured her friend might have worked out, she didn't have very many numbers to guess between 5 and 7, and it just so happened her birthday was in the middle of it all. She guessed that the entire game was practically up, but even as she took a pastry and nibbled on it, savouring the sweetness of it, she didn't really want to give it away. Call it selfish, but she just didn't want other people worrying about her on her birthday. She had enough people doing that as it was.

But her face soon turned to horror when Sari came up with her latest suggestion, and she shook her head. "I hope you realise I won't take them," she answered, pouting slightly. She really had been backed into a corner here, especially when Sari gave her her birthday just to make it all even. Just to avoid the horror of Sari giving her a present every single day, she definitely guessed she might as well just give up the game. "Mine was Spring 6," she answered defeatedly. That was a sad defeat.
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 11:47 AM

The expression of horror on Odette's face almost made Sari laugh, but she managed to resist (barely). "That's just a risk I'll have to take," she replied solemnly, her tea cup cradled in her hands as she slowly raised a brow at her friend. It wasn't like Sari was made of money, but still, it was the thought that counts. Even just the suggestion of doing so much was enough to make Odette rethink this.

And then the victory went to Sari, and she smiled reassuringly. "I'm sorry Odette," she said, sounding for all the world not particularly apologetic at all. "On the bright side, at least you won't have to worry about it for another year." It occurred to Sari that she might want to be wary of any revenge plots for her own birthday in the Fall, but she put the thought out of her head. Odette was too sweet to do something like that, Sari had nothing to worry about. (Right?)

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 04:50 PM

user posted image

Sari did really know how to play with her weak points, that was for sure, and Odette was pretty much staring at her friend with her jaw on the table. She really did need to stop being backed into corners like this, but she supposed that was all her own fault in the first place. She had brought up her birthday, after all, and totally forgetting that Sari was one of the many friends who didn't know her birthday. Oops.

"That's true, I won't have to." Maybe Sari would (unlikely) forget it by next year and then she most definitely wouldn't have to worry about it. She was going to worry instead about what to get her friend for her birthday in the coming seasons, but at least she had a good season and a bit to think about that. It was practically two seasons, anyway. And Sari definitely had nothing to worry about - Odette was most definitely not going to form any revenge plans.
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 11:15 PM

What could she say, Sari occasionally had a ruthless side to her. At least she used it for good things though, right? Like finding out her friends' birthdays and buying kids' their groceries. "There you go then, no problem." She smiled and took a long sip of her tea, already ticking off potential birthday gifts for Odette next year. There was absolutely nothing wrong with planning ahead, and Sari liked to be on top of these sorts of things. It was nice having things in order.

It occurred to her that Odette had said she was visited by her friend and his son on her birthday- and Sari had a good idea who that might be. Odette had mentioned him once or twice, but Sari's elephant memory was good for things other than remembering dates and times.

"Ah, that's right, how's your librarian friend doing?" She asked pleasantly, smiling as she munched away on another pastry.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.