Belle
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 12:20 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Summer 20th, Year 3

Leonie had been to many villages in her lifetime. Ever since the death and destruction in her own village, she had been traveling all over, warning others of what could happen when they didn’t pray to their goddess. Many had died in her home of Shiina and she vowed to help others prevent the same destruction befalling their own homes.

It happened 50 years ago in Shiina. At first it was just a handful of people, mostly the very young or the very old. But then it started spreading and more and more people fell ill, and then they started dying. Day by day more people fell ill and more died. The town had no idea what to do, no medical cure seemed to work and people were still getting sick. The priestess, Else, called the town together to pray to the goddess for guidance and protection.

Every day the town gathered to pray. Every day they filled the church and recited prayers to the goddess Hylia. A few days passed before those that had fallen ill started to make recoveries. Else credited the goddess with fulfilling their prayers. Praying to Hylia had given her the strength to help the village. That was what Ioana needed to do now.

Leonie had only been in Ioana a few days before the second fire had been set and she stayed around, observing Ioana and its citizens. She went to the church and was disappointed in the number of villagers that attended. There was a dwindling faith in the goddess here, and Leonie blamed that for the terror happening in the village. And when the most recent fire occurred - a poor farm in the fields - she knew she had to gather the people and implore with them to turn to their goddess during these hard times.

She spoke with the young priestess of Ioana as well as with the town’s mayor. She needed word spread of a town meeting at the church. Everyone needed to hear her message. It was vital in saving the small town of Ioana that as many villagers as possible heeded her warning.

The sun was setting on the quiet village as the church began to fill with villagers, wondering why there was a town meeting at the church rather than the field. They were equally confused by Leonie’s presence at the pulpit, but all would be explained in time. She was always uncertain how her message would be received by those in the villages she preached at, but she knew that she needed to share her message. What the villagers did with her knowledge was up to them.

As the last few trickled in, Leonie cleared her throat, stepping up to speak to Ioana. “Hello. Thank you all for attending tonight. I am a stranger in these lands, but I have come to help in these dangerous times.”

“I arrived in Ioana, shortly after the second fire hit your home. I know you all want whoever is behind these things to be brought to justice, but justice alone cannot save the village,” she paused, looking around the room. “Faith in the goddess and prayer is the only way to truly protect ourselves from evil.”

“I know that some of you may think me an old fool for my words, but I have seen evil, looked it in the face. Horrible disease ravaged my village when I was but a young girl. No doctor or medicine man could find a cure to heal our people. Only when our priestess gathered the town in prayer, did our people begin to heal. We lost many lives before we realized that our goddess needed our prayers to drive out the evil that plagued our homes, and I do not wish to see the same fate befall another village.”

She looked to Odette before back to the congregation. “I have spoken with your young priestess here and a daily evening prayer has been arranged to be held here. It is imperative that as many of you attend, or pray in your own homes. Your goddess cannot fulfill her work without your prayers. The village will never be safe without her protection.”

Leonie clasped her hands in front of her. “I implore you to pray. For the sake of Ioana. I’ll be in town a while longer should anyone need any guidance in these times.”

She remained on the pulpit should anyone wish to speak with her. For the sake of their village, she hoped Ioana would heed her advice.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 07:31 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

As soon as the news of a foreign Priestess had hit Ioana, her parents had been the first to drag her up to the church that evening. It wasn't somewhere she liked to be, after all, what had the Goddess ever done for her? Abandoned her in her teens had she ever existed at all and then proceeded to allow this guy to burn up three total locations of their village. If she knew what she was doing, wouldn't she have stopped it already? If she were there, why wasn't she helping at all?

As the Priestess spoke, Finnley kept her arms crossed, glancing from her mother who seemed to be wholeheartedly accepting of the words of this priestess to the priestess reciting the words. Prayer? That was a load of shit. She glanced briefly to Odette, wondering why she wasn't handling all of this. After all, wasn't she their priestess? If this was the way to save their village shouldn't she have been the one telling them so?

As the sermon of sorts concluded, Finnley moved away from her parents and towards the priestess. "Scuse' me but...how's any o' this supposed t'help?" she asked,sounding a little cross as she did so. "Not for nothin', but my Ma' does a lot o' prayin' and that didn't save my family's entire field from being burnt up." she said, not so eager to attend these night prayers should they do nothing to begin with.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 01:41 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Summer 20th, Year 3

Leonie hopes her words had been well received by the villagers of Ioana. She didn’t want to see what happened in Hylia, happen to Ioana. So far, no one had died here, but it was only a matter of time before the worst happened.

A young woman approached Leonie, and she smiled at her, even though her words were cross. She understood the woman’s feelings. It was hard to believe in a goddess when you were surrounded by so much horror. “My dear, us mortals can’t begin to imagine the life of a goddess. While she may be a higher being, she is not immune to her own diseases.”

“While we need food and water to keep our strength, the goddess needs prayers,” Leonie explained. "And while your mother’s prayers certainly help the goddess, of she’s the only one praying, the goddess will remain weak.” She smiled kindly at her. “This method has worked in other villages. I have no doubt it will work here as well, but Ioana needs to come together, work together, to help the goddess defeat this evil.”

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.