"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
Spring 13, Year 3 • Evening • Cloudy
user posted image

The clouds had been threatening all day, and the possibility of rain hadn’t kept the patrons of Belham away. Kiara had been pouring martinis, cosmos and all sorts of mixed drinks for lonely singles looking for a hook up for the evening. She just hoped that any rain held off until the end of her shift.

She poured herself a shot in between rounds for patrons, throwing it back quickly. It helped keep her social and friendly to the different customers. She needed all the tips she could get, because she was hoping to get a new set of watercolor paints for herself, and grumpy bartenders did not make good tips.

A new patron came up to the bar and Kiara went to work, placing a cocktail napkin in front of the man. “What’s your poison, hun? Beer, scotch, whiskey?”

user posted image
Outfit • Tag: Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 09:49 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

Grant made his way down to the bar for a drink after a long work week. Things had been crazy with the library throughout the week, along with him preparing for his daughter's stay in Summer. He was excited for the two of them to go out camping like they did every time she came to visit. Hopefully she still enjoyed camping. How much could the girl change in one year?

When he sat down at the bar the bartender was already prepared for him, placing down a napkin and asking what he wanted to drink. Grant hadn't even thought about it, but guess he had to make a decision.

"Uh.. Whiskey I guess." he told her.

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 02:08 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara nodded when he asked for a whiskey. She turned around, grabbing a lowball glass and grabbing the bottle of golden brown liquid. She poured the few ounces of liquid into the glass before turning around and placing it on the cocktail napkin she had laid out for the gentleman.

“There you go hun,” she said as she placed it down. “Rough week?” she asked. Most men who came in alone either came in to pick up women, or to drink away their troubles and the man sitting in front of her didn’t seem to be interested in the ladies in the bar. Kiara hadn’t seen him looking around to check anyone out at least so it only made sense that something might be on his mind.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 02:08 PM

user posted image

“Rough week?” the bartender asked him as she placed down his drink. He took the glass and took a sip, the amber liquid burning his throat. He wasn't a big drinker, nor did he drink straight up whiskey. Guess it was just a change for him.

"Yeah, is it that obvious?" Grant asked as he placed the glass back down on the counter, nearly half empty. Guess the woman did encounter plenty of people who came to the establishment just to drink away their problems. Grant wasn't about to get that drunk, but a drink or two couldn't hurt anyone.

"Guess you get a lot of strangers coming in her as well, don't you?"

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 02:00 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara saw many different types of patrons come in and out of the bar. She had been working here for 8 years now, so she had seen it all. She’d gotten pretty adept at reading people as well.

“Only to a bartender,” she said with a knowing smile. It was part of the job to get to know people. To figure out exactly what they needed. She nodded at his next question. “Yeah, you could say that,” she said, one hand resting on the bar counter. “Part of my job to listen to people’s woes, so by the end of the night, they’re not strangers so much anymore,” she said with a little hmph of amusement.

user posted image
Outfit • Tag:Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 09:49 PM

user posted image

“Part of my job to listen to people’s woes, so by the end of the night, they’re not strangers so much anymore,” the woman said

"Well then who listens to your woes?" Grant asked, finishing off his drink and placing the glass to the side. "Is it like mailmen where one delivers another one's mail, and then that one delivers a different one's mail?" he added.

"Wait, sorry, I'm rambling," the man apologized. He tended to do that, and it was a habit that he was trying to stop. "Anyway, it's been a rough week. Lots of students stressing about finals, but none of them care about not leaving things a mess."

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 10:12 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at the man’s question. Usually she had friends to talk to about her problems, but there was something about telling a stranger who didn’t know you about what was going on to put things in perspective. They had no ulterior motive to their advice. They just tell it like it is.

She knew about the finals stress. Not too many years ago did she have to go through all that stress herself. She still had friends dealing with schooling and finals, but Kiara was happy to be done with it all. “I know how that is,” she said. “You should see what this place looks like when the people clear out and the lights go back on.” She turned back around and grabbed the whiskey bottle, refilling the man’s glass. “So you’re a professor?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 10:53 PM

user posted image

“You should see what this place looks like when the people clear out and the lights go back on.”

"I can imagine," Grant said as the woman turned around and grabbed the liquor, refilling his glass. Once she did, the man waited to drink it. He didn't want to get too drunk too fast. He wasn't much of a drinker, and he was enjoying his conversation.

“So you’re a professor?”

"Nope, just a librarian," he explained. "I get to deal with all the students, but with significantly less pay."Grant had continued becoming a professor, but that required more schooling, which he didn't have time for back then. He was just trying to get done to support his former wife and his daughter.

"Not that I don't like it; I love my job. Sometimes it just gets the best of you," Grant told her as he grabbed the glass. He took a smaller sip this time around, attempting to pace himself.

"I'm sure you must feel the same way about bar tending sometimes."

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:16 AM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara’s least favorite time of the day was when the bar closed. It was nice because it signaled the end of her shift, but she was usually stuck at work for another hour afterwards to de-stickify all the counters and floors. It was amazing how much liquor people spilled rather than consuming.

Kiara nodded when he said he was a librarian. She had spent some time in the school library in her days at uni, but not much. She spent a lot of time at art exhibits and outside usually. They only time she was in the library was to study for art history classes.

“Yeah, I can imagine,” Kiara said, pouring herself a glass of whiskey. She might as well. As long as she didn’t get drunk, she was allowed to steal drinks of the liquor. “Somedays it can be awful,” she told him. “Like when you get the rowdy customers that want to pick fights, or the college students who don’t know how to hold their liquor. Other days it’s not so bad,” she said with a shrug. “As long as it keeps paying the bills, right?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 01:01 PM

The woman explained the challenges she faced while working at the bar, and Grant could only imagine what else could go on there. It was probably worse considering that she was a woman, as men tended to be rude and inappropriate with a pretty woman serving them drinks.

"As long as it pays the bills," he said as he took another sip of his drink. That was his top priority, paying the bills. Then everything else went to preparing for his daughter's visit during the Summer.

"By the way, I don't think I got your name," Grant said. "I'm Grant, Grant Burr. You been in the city for long?"

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: May 4 2018, 10:01 AM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara didn’t hate her job at the bar, but she definitely didn’t want to be doing it for the rest of her life. It just put food on the table and paid her rent at Paradiso.

“Kiara Hadley,” she said by way of introduction. “I’ve lived here my whole life, been working here since I was 18.” Some patrons approached the bar and she excused herself for a moment to grab their drinks. Once she had taken care of them, she came back to Grant. “So, any exciting plans for tomorrow?” she asked. It was Harmony Day and she would be working overtime to keep up with the patrons coming in and out all day.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 11 2018, 11:03 AM

user posted image

"Same here, well except for the fact I haven't worked here before," Grant commented. He was surprised he hadn't recognized the girl if she truly lived here her whole life. She did look a bit younger, and the city was a pretty big place, so perhaps that was why. Grant tried to pride himself in knowing a decent handful of city folks, working in a University that had people coming and going all the time.

“So, any exciting plans for tomorrow?”

Tomorrow... What was tomorrow again?

Oh, right, it was Harmony Day.

"I'm heading out to the valley for their Harmony Day event," Grant began to explain. "I wasn't going to, but my daughter insisted I get out and 'socialize.'"

"How about yourself? Surely someone like you have a nice date for tomorrow," Grant commented. She was a pretty girl, surely she had a boyfriend or something of the sorts.

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: May 22 2018, 03:39 PM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

She grinned when he said he hadn't worked there. She knew that was true, because she certainly would've recognized him if he had. She had been working there for nearly ten years now, so she was familiar with a lot of citizens either from being patrons there, or from them working there with her.

She nodded as he said he was headed out to the valley. "Kids do like to meddle in their parents' lives I guess," Kiara said. She was sure she had stuck her nose in her mother and father's business more times than they would've liked. "How old is she?"

She shook her head. "No big plans for me. It gets pretty busy here so I take the overtime and work the extra shift. I don't mind it much, and the other girls appreciate the time off."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 12:18 AM

user posted image

"She's eleven. A little too young to be meddling in someone's love life," Grant said with a sigh. Lucky for him it seemed that she didn't really have an interest in boys, but unfortunately caused her to instead to be interested in his love life. Guess that was the better option of the two.

"No big plans for me. It gets pretty busy here so I take the overtime and work the extra shift. I don't mind it much, and the other girls appreciate the time off."

"That's unfortunate, you should get some time off too," the man commented. "Guess the money is nice though, huh?"

Belle
PMEmailWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 10:52 AM

user posted image
Kiara Hadley
user posted image

Kiara laughed lightly. “Never too young when it’s your parents,” she commented. “And at least she hasn’t started trying to match you up with her teachers yet.” Though, if the girl though her dad might get along with one of them, Kiara wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to pair them up.

She shook her head. “I don’t really mind working the holiday. I don’t have anyone to celebrate it with, so I might as well make the extra money that I can.” Drunk single guys on Harmony Day were the best tippers, because when they struck out with other singles at the bar, they tried to hit on her. She had no problem flirting for the extra money.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.