GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Noah Trager
Spring Two, Year 3 • Evening • Cloud
"I shoulder ev’ry burden, ev’ry disadvantage I have learned to manage"
user posted image

Noah had completed his first day of work. It wasn’t the worst thing in the world, but it definitely wasn’t going to ever be his favorite thing. He hated taking orders, and it took everything in him to bite his tongue when people barked orders at him. But he made it through the day in one piece.

He didn’t feel like going back to Cristina’s apartment right away, so instead he wandered the streets of Westhaven until he ended up at Belham. He definitely could use a drink tonight, and he did have a few bucks in his pocket from the bits and bobbles he had pawned at the end of winter. Luckily Cristina hadn’t found out about those or she would have demanded he return them to their proper owner as well.

He sat at the bar and ordered a beer. He couldn’t believe this was his life now.

user posted image
"I don’t have a gun to brandish. I walk these streets famished"
Tag:
PMWebsite
^
Nimueh
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 12:09 AM

cruel mistress

GROUP: Indigo Leaf

Awards: 3

Rep: 0 pts

Belle
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Sofia Morales
She wasn't feeling particularly great that day, between her parents nagging at her to find a job and the fact there really weren't that many jobs when you looked at it from the supply and demand perspective... Or, perhaps, she was choosing to be a lazy, lay-around moocher, as opposed to a functioning member of society. With her allowance squirreled away in her pocket, she ducked into the bar. Her initial thought was to ask if they needed help but then she thought twice about that. She'd probably be far too tempted to drink their supply, rather than actually serve it to thirsty customers. Making her way to the counter, she leaned up against it and eyed the bartender quizzically. Finally, when the bartender noticed her, she made her order. She got the usual look of skepticism but merely shrugged it off and gave a bit of a demure smile.

Most people knew her well enough to know she was of age, even if she did dress up in old, ratty hoodies. It was better than freezing and besides, it made it lightyears easier to hide both her face and her shame. She'd tried countless times to get work but to no avail. She'd even briefly considered moving back to Ioana Valley but, for whatever reason, hadn't taken the plunge. With a tired sigh, she hoisted herself up on her stool and gave the man next to her a slight nod. "Beautiful day to be drinking, eh?" She teased, unable to help herself, as she took a swallow of her own drink.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 06:13 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Noah Trager
user posted image

Noah clung to his glass, taking the occasional sip from the drink. People came in and out of the bar as Noah sat there. Other working people after a long day at the office were around. Noah now found himself in the same boat as them. Working class.

He looked over at the young woman that spoke to him. She sort of reminded him of himself, and didn’t seem to fit into the working class crowd that surrounded them. “It’s always a good day for a drink, especially after a long day,” he told her. He took a drink from his own glass. “What about you? Been a long day as well?”

user posted image
Tag:Nimueh

PMWebsite
^
Nimueh
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 11:32 PM

cruel mistress

Belle
Sofia Morales
She laughed and nodded her head. "You could say it's been long... Especially when you have parents like mine." She chuckled kind of morosely at her own attempt at humor and rolled her shoulders in a limp shrug. "You don't quite seem the type to have a lot of troubles, though, at least... Not at first glance, and I kind of envy that." Her nose scrunched slightly, as a wry smile touched her lips. "I swear, people can see my crazy coming from a mile and a half away." She laughed, shaking her head slightly.

It was nice to talk to people that weren't her parents for a change. All her parents did these days was nag at her and demand to know when she was getting a job. Work was the bane of her existence and she hadn't worked a day in her life, if you didn't count odd jobs around Ioana Valley when she was younger. Man, she missed those simple days. She sighed kind of wistfully and leaned back in her stool. "So, what's on your mind that's got you so down, if you don't mind sharing?" She softly inquired, batting her eyes in a near innocent fashion.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:48 PM

user posted image
Noah Trager
user posted image

He chuckled. At least he looked more put together on the outside than he was on the inside. If she only knew half of the crazy that was his life.

“Parents can be a real pain in the ass,” he said. Though his mother and father had never been around so he didn’t actually have any experience with dealing with parents. His grandmother had raised him, but she hadn’t really bothered much with him. “They’re not really worth the hassle if you ask me.”

He drank from his glass before answering her other question. He sighed. “It’s gonna sound stupid,” he told her. “I mean it is stupid. I had my first day on the job today, and it just isn’t what I want to do.” He couldn’t even quit if he wanted to. He had made a deal with Cristina, and now he was stuck with it.

user posted image
Tag: Nimueh
PMWebsite
^
Nimueh
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 05:30 PM

cruel mistress

Belle
Sofia Morales
She nodded her head and smiled impishly. "I'll drink to that." She hummed, her eyes twinkling faintly with mirth. Maybe today wouldn't suck, after all. It'd already improved, thanks to her drinking companion and the fact that, even though he was more put together, he was just as messed up as she was and he had a job. How she envied him in some regards. Still, there were some aspects not even she could envy, though she wouldn't point that out to him.

Her brow knitted and she shrugged. "It's not stupid, and i'd kill for a job. if only to get my parents off my case, but... If it's not you, then don't do it. That's how you get old and gray. Too many people are stuck doing things that they don't like doing. It might not be at all simple to just quit - easier said than done, I realize - but life is too short to be miserable." She said quietly and with more confidence than she presently felt. If she could help him find what made him happy, maybe it would wash over her like some kind of placebo effect.

She offered him a tentative smile. "Anyways, you should obviously do whatever suits you and your needs, but..." She trailed off with a limp shrug. "If it were me, until the right job came along that suited my wants - and needs - I'd be doing odd jobs. It rolls in the dough without having that same sense of permanency... So, go out there and network and you might just find someone who likes you enough to hire you to do something you enjoy, rather than something you dread." Odd jobs always needed doing, if only because there were things people didn't like doing. Back home, you were sometimes lucky to get a smile in return but, for the most part, people were more than willing to repay you with a kind deed of their own.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:08 PM

user posted image
Noah Trager
user posted image

Noah wasn’t sure how to explain the situation to her. It’s not that it wasn’t the right job, it was the fact that it was a job at all. Now, he wasn’t lazy. That wasn’t the reason he lamented having a job. No, Noah hated being bossed around. He hated people telling him what to do. If he was going to work, he wanted it to be his way, not someone else’s. But Noah’s only real skill was thievery. How would he put that to use in a job environment?

“I mean, my job already is kind of an odd job, I guess?” he told her. “I’m basically an errand boy for some hoity toity law folks. They tell me to get them donuts or deliver something to the mailroom and then I do not and try not to call them a lazy fuckwad while I’m at it.” He finished off his drink, waving the bartender down for a second.

“I’d quit if I could, but I kinda promised someone I would take this job,” he said with a slight frown. He shrugged his shoulders. “They gave me a place to stay so I can’t exactly say no. Unless I want to go living on the street again, which honestly isn’t that bad. Winter can be a pain but that’s a bit of a ways away.”

user posted image
Tag: Nimueh
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.