L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Not Here for the Rum, Killian | Ender
Belle
 Posted: Apr 3 2016, 10:20 AM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Killian Chaucer
Winter 2, Year One ֎ Early Evening ֎ Sunny
user posted image

Friday nights in Ioana were quiet, especially when the Valley had lost all of its bars. Killian enjoyed sitting around others, drinking a beer and socializing. But that was hard to do when he didn't have a bar in town to enjoy.

Westhaven had a bar, albeit is was large and more of a party bar than the type of bar Killian would've enjoyed. Killian would've much preferred a small pub but beggars can't be choosers, which is how he found himself on the train to Westhaven late Friday.

Killian was a simple man, he didn't need strong liquor like whiskey or scotch, and he certainly didn't enjoy the mixed drinks. Just a simple beer was all he needed while he sat at the bar watching the people coming and going. He couldn't stay long due to his condition, but one or two beers wouldn't hurt.

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Aofie
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 3 2016, 10:39 PM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

It may have been winter, but Ender basically stuck with the same routine all through the year. He generally worked during the week, which included today, but he liked to start his weekend off right by enjoying a few drinks by himself at the bar. He mostly kept to himself when he went. Every once in a while someone would chat with him briefly before heading off to find better company. He wasn't exactly welcoming, no one stuck around too long. He liked it that way. If no one ever tried to get in his head, he could stay safe and not feel anxious about doing or saying the wrong thing. If his badge alone didn't scare people off, his inability to maintain and contribute to conversation sure did the trick. Talking with him was kind of like chatting up a brick wall. He would sit silently, observing whatever poor soul that had been unfortunate enough to pay him any mind, usually wearing a cynical frown. Interrogating people with the icy stare was what he did best.

It had been a tough week. Westhaven as usual was full of idiots causing trouble, Ender included. Pumpkin Festival had been an absolute drag, and he could still feel the punch he received in his abdomen if the thought about it long enough. Hopefully by the time he left the bar tonight he wouldn't remember what he'd come here to forget. He sat in his usual spot by the counter. Ender positioned himself this way on purpose so that the wall was on his left, and an empty stool sat off to his right. This made it that much harder for anyone to sit by him. Belham was popular, but it was never so busy that every stool was taken. So this felt like a safe move. It's success rate had been pretty high so far. He was basically daring someone to sit there, daring them to get too close. So someone did.

The man didn't look like he'd done it on purpose. He sat, ordered a beer and stayed to himself. If he was going to have anyone this close, he was glad it was this fellow and not someone who wanted to talk his ear off. He took a sip of his own beer, side glancing the newcomer. He looked oddly familiar, but he just couldn't figure out where he'd seen him before.

Belle

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 07:39 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

It felt like so long since Killian had just come and sat at the bar just for a drink. He had been in the area for a while now, but he still really hadn’t made any long lasting friends yet. He liked to blame his condition for this, but a big part was afraid to let people get close. He was afraid that the pirate would one day cause real harm to the people closest to him. It was his biggest fear with Robin, though she tried to ease that worry.

Killian hadn’t paid any mind to the person he had sat down next to. He could’ve taken any of the other open stools, but this one gave him a better view of his surroundings. Jonah still lived in the city and he wasn’t a fan of Killian at all. In fact, he hated him with a passion and would love nothing more than another opportunity to throw a punch at him. He wanted to avoid him at all costs.

Killian felt eyes on him and he turned to glance at the man next to him. He nearly choked on his sip of beer as he did so. It was just his luck to find himself sitting next to the sheriff of all people. No doubt he thought Killian was here to start something.

He sat down his beer and held up his hands in surrender. "I swear, I'm just here for a beer. I'm not going to cause any trouble. See I'm not even wearing the outfit."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 11:41 PM

Savage.

Despite feeling somewhat unnerved by the other mans presence, he smiled thoughtfully when the bartender cracked open a bottle and sat it in front of him. Perhaps after a drink or two he'd be more willing to converse with others. That and he could blame any bad choice of wording on the alcohol. The frosty bottle helped to soothe his aching, calloused palms. They hurt so often he barely noticed the dull pain anymore, but could definitely feel the bit of relief the coldness provided.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the newcomer suddenly stirring. He had his hand in the air, which made Ender spin on his seat defensively. With his drink still in hand he held it towards him with a look of warning while he eyed up the man suspiciously. "I swear, I'm just here for a beer. I'm not going to cause any trouble. See I'm not even wearing the outfit." At first he wasn't sure what the other man was going on about, but now that he had a clear view of his face and had a voice to go with it, that very peculiar night back in autumn started to come flooding back. He let himself relax, now that he knew the mans intentions were good. Straightening himself in his chair he offered the other man a reassuring grin. "Good, because I'm off duty and I don't need any more trouble this week." Laughing, he turned himself back around to face the bar area. "I know we sort of met already, but I think it's safe to say we got off on the wrong foot. I'm not wearing my other outfit either." He said motioning to his street clothes. "So why don't we just start over, like that never happened? I'm Ender, nice to meet you. What did you say your name was again?" He held up his beer again, this time with good intention. He waited for the other man to clink glasses with in significance of burying the hatchet. Ender had way too many enemies in this city, maybe this was an opportunity to turn a bad situation around and have some good come out of it.

Belle

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 07:34 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

If only Killian had paid attention to his surroundings when he picked his seat at the bar. He had, of course, been more concerned about Jonah showing up at the bar that he hadn’t even considered the sheriff being nearby. He shouldn’t have been surprised. The sheriff had been at the Pumpkin Festival as well, so it only made sense that he was a regular attendee of Belham.

Killian had expected a certain reaction from the man. A dirty look, a nasty comeback, or a threatening warning had all been expected from the sheriff. What he hadn’t expected was a grin from the man sitting next to him. "Good, because I'm off duty and I don't need any more trouble this week." Killian didn’t relax as the man swiveled back to face the bar. He wasn’t sure if he was really in the clear with the sheriff or if he was still on high alert. "I know we sort of met already, but I think it's safe to say we got off on the wrong foot. I'm not wearing my other outfit either." Killian nodded, feeling much more at ease, the tension easing from his shoulders.

"So why don't we just start over, like that never happened? I'm Ender, nice to meet you. What did you say your name was again?" Killian smiled, picking up his own bottle and clinking it against the other man’s. “Killian,” he said before taking a swig of his beer. Time and time again the pirate had caused issue for Killian, but luckily Killian’s natural personality allowed for some people to look past the pirate. He was lucky, but he wondered how long his luck could last.

“Thanks for being able to push all of that under the rug,” Killian said nervously. “I’d rather stop making enemies for myself.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 10:59 PM

Savage.

Ender could tell the man was still wary of him. Who wouldn't be after the situation they'd gotten themselves into? Ender had gone from being a prick of a cop to drinking alongside him at the bar. That must have been confusing. He felt bad for arresting him that day, but even Killian himself had told him to do exactly that the next time the Pirate decided to come to into town. The whole ordeal didn't sit right with him, but he was glad he could at least now try to make amends.

“Killian,” He felt a weird kind of comfort when the man willingly tapped the bottle against his own. Perhaps all hope wasn't lost. He wasn't sure how he felt about that Doctor called Robin after the way she'd snapped at him, but maybe this guy really did mean well. “Thanks for being able to push all of that under the rug,” Ender shrugged nonchalantly, his lips were pressed against the bottle as he threw his head back and took down the last big gulp. He placed the now emptied bottle on the bar in front of him. “I’d rather stop making enemies for myself.” Ender almost laughed out loud, but he wasn't drunk enough yet. "You and me both. People don't like me very much. I don't blame them. I'm kind of a dick." He shrugged again. He knew that most people thought of him that way, but he didn't really care. If it took coming off as cold to get respect in his profession, that is what had to be done. He had tried to be a nice cop at first, but it had gotten him nowhere. It's true what they say about people who deliberately build walls and act heartless, at one time they probably cared too much. Ender had grown tired of being seen as weak, but at this point he had put on this tough-guy front for so long, he wasn't even sure who he was anymore.

Turning on his chair, he leaned one elbow on the bar to prop up his head. It didn't take long for him to start feeling the alcohol. On work days, he barely got a bite to eat, and the exhaustion on top of the hunger made the beer all the more overwhelming. "So Killian, you unfortunately found out what I do for work, how about you? Do you work here in Westhaven? I'm sure searching for treasure is just something you do on the side, right?" He immediately regretted making that joke, just in case the pirate was a touchy subject for lucid Killian. He bit his lip and looked down at the floor in defeat. Ender was no good at socializing with others, and he had a bad habit of making corny jokes while drinking. "Sorry dude... that was a shitty joke."

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 03:14 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

"You and me both. People don't like me very much. I don't blame them. I'm kind of a dick." Killian made his fair share of enemies in the evenings when the pirate took over, but he could only imagine what Ender had to put up with. As the sheriff he surely had lots of people who’d rather never see him again.

“I’m sure that’s part of the job though,” he told the man, taking a swig of his own beer. “Most people just aren’t a fan of cops.” Killian was no stranger to cops. More than once he had woken up in a cell thanks to the pirate. “Plus, you’re not that bad. You got me in the cell peacefully.” Not with a black eye like Killian had experienced in a cell before.

"So Killian, you unfortunately found out what I do for work, how about you? Do you work here in Westhaven? I'm sure searching for treasure is just something you do on the side, right?" Killian opened his mouth, but immediately closed it once again. He wasn’t use to jokes about his condition. His family didn’t talk about it much, and whenever it came up in conversation with Robin it was taken very seriously. Never had it been talked about so lightly. "Sorry dude... that was a shitty joke."

Killian smiled softly albeit awkwardly as he looked down at the bottle of beer in his hand. “No, it’s okay, it’s just weird to hear someone else speaking about it.” He took the down the rest of his beer and motioned to the bartender to bring them each another. “But, I actually work in Ioana. I prefer the small town to the city, and it’s better for business. I own a small fishing shop, and then I do some fishing of my own on the side.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 10:50 PM

Savage.

“I’m sure that’s part of the job though,” he simply shrugged. Reaching back towards the bar, he picked up the forlorn cap from his beer for him to fiddle with. When the cop didn't know what to say or do, he tended to absentmindedly toy with random objects in the vicinity. Usually it was a button on his shirt if available, but when he worked at the station he usually clicked a pen against his desk incessantly to the other officers dismay. Ender rolled the bottle cap in his palms, nodding along as the man spoke. “Most people just aren’t a fan of cops.” He laughed nervously, but continued to nod in agreement. Most people weren't a fan of Ender in general, before they even knew what he did for a living. “Plus, you’re not that bad. You got me in the cell peacefully.” He had to give himself some credit for that. Even if Robin didn't agree with his actions, he still felt in his heart he'd done the best thing for everyone's safety.

When the man didn't speak right away after his apology, he accepted the fact that he'd probably fucked up. “No, it’s okay, it’s just weird to hear someone else speaking about it.” Killian didn't seem too upset by his comment, but he could tell by his reaction that it wasn't something he was fully comfortable talking about.The two weren't exactly friends. He couldn't blame him, that condition must have been a very hard burden to carry. The man before him seemed like a genuinely good person, and the pirate from his sole experience had been pretty insufferable. At least Ender's demons laid mostly dormant until he went to sleep. He offered a sympathetic smile as he watched him finish his last sip of beer. “But, I actually work in Ioana. I prefer the small town to the city, and it’s better for business. I own a small fishing shop, and then I do some fishing of my own on the side.”

He was shocked by the answer. He was so used to city folk that it never dawned on him what the Valley people did for work. His knowledge about Ioana was very limited nowadays. Ever since he took over as Sheriff instead of working as a regular Officer, his life could be very hectic at times. The bustle of Westhaven was something that often consumed him. "Hey man, that's awesome. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I really like to crab. It's much easier. No skill involved, and you can drink or basically do whatever you want while you wait." He was happy for Killian. When he spoke about fishing, his face seemed to brighten up. He could tell that it was a hobby he really enjoyed. "I'll have to come check it out one day." His job sometimes called for periodic visits to the valley to drop off paperwork. Next time he headed down to Town Hall, he'd have to take a detour to check out Killian's shop. "Do you have any crazy fishermen's tales? Did you ever catch a shark?" He gestured with his hands to signify a really big fish, his eyes wide with curiosity. Ender could act like a child sometimes, but at least he could use alcohol as an excuse.

Belle

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 13 2016, 03:46 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian had always been drawn to the ocean and to life on a boat. His father assumed it was something he had also enjoyed when he was younger, before his father had found him, since Killian had taken to it so quickly when he first started joining Abe on his trips. He had done a lot of bonding with his foster father on those trips, they were something that held deep meaning to him, which was probably why he had decided to pursue it as his career as well.

"Hey man, that's awesome. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I really like to crab. It's much easier. No skill involved, and you can drink or basically do whatever you want while you wait."

Killian smiled at Ender as another beer was placed down in front of the both of them. “Crabbing is nice, but it’s more seasonal. Gotta catch the crabs when they’re nice and plump or they’re worthless to ya.” When the warmer months approached Killian and Abe would lay out a few cages while they fished, they usually sold most of them because they brought in more money than the fish did, but they always got to keep a few for Lillian’s birthday to enjoy.

"Do you have any crazy fishermen's tales? Did you ever catch a shark?"

Killian laughed before taking a sip of his beer. “My pop does, or so he says.” Abe had always told Killian wild tales. “Of course, it could’ve been just him enjoying teasing an utterly gullible young boy.” He shook his head. He really should go visit his family soon. He missed spending time with them. “One time, he told me about how he was just sitting in the boat with his line in the water, and all the sudden he hooks a tarpon. Claims it was 110 pounds and this long.” He stretched his hands out to each side, trying to show at least 5 feet length. “He says he wrestled with it for like 15 minutes before, out of nowhere a shark grabs the tarpon, and nearly drags pop into the ocean too!” Killian remembered that story vividly. He had always loved hearing Abe tell it. “Well, at least that’s what he said happened,” he said with a chuckle.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 14 2016, 08:25 PM

Savage.

Ender nodded thoughtfully to the bartender who had cracked open and dropped off a new beer for each man. With his eyes still on Killian, he side glanced the bottle before grabbing it and bringing it to his lips. “Crabbing is nice, but it’s more seasonal. Gotta catch the crabs when they’re nice and plump or they’re worthless to ya.” Ender smiled at the comment. He never had someone to talk about these interests with before. This was the first time he had ever mentioned this particular hobby to anyone. As much as he liked the sport, he wasn't someone who enjoyed eating any nautical creatures. Each time he went, it was purely for fun or friendly competition between siblings. He usually drug his sister along with him down to the pier, he didn't exactly have friends to pal around with.

Slugging back some of the amber colored beverage, Ender studied the other man curiously. He was eagerly waiting to hear what he had to say. By the look on his face, he had a good tale to tell. “My pop does, or so he says.” His goofy grin widened in anticipation. “Of course, it could’ve been just him enjoying teasing an utterly gullible young boy.” He was that gullible young boy at the moment, nearly falling off his stool to catch the rest. “One time, he told me about how he was just sitting in the boat with his line in the water, and all the sudden he hooks a tarpon. Claims it was 110 pounds and this long.” He followed the mans gestures. Holy shit a tarpon. Thinking that was all, he started to speak. "Dude thats cra-" But that hadn't been all. Killian started again, and Ender leaned in closer. “He says he wrestled with it for like 15 minutes before, out of nowhere a shark grabs the tarpon, and nearly drags pop into the ocean too!” The way he had told the story made the cop laugh out loud. He could see it all go down in his head. The look of horror his pop must have worn while the shark swam off with the tarpon. It made him laugh harder and harder the more he thought about it.

Ender wiped his eyes. He had laughed so hard his eyes watered. He couldn't remember the last time that had happened. Probably before he joined the military. “Well, at least that’s what he said happened,” He shrugged, still chuckling softly here and there. "Man, I don't even care if that's the truth or not. That is such a solid story. You have to tell your kids that one day if you ever have any. Keep passing it on. Hell, I'm going to go home and tell my dog!" Soon as it left his mouth he realized how pathetic it sounded. He struggled to make himself sound less lonely. "Ahh, yeah I live alone besides her... My parents moved down to a coastal town in the south, that's actually how I became Sheriff. I took over my dad's position when he retired. My little sister goes to school there too, soooo..." He smiled nervously. "So what about you? You're a good looking guy, I bet you have a girlfriend."

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 15 2016, 03:50 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Ender wanted a good story and Killian gave him one. Word for word he detailed exactly the same tale he had heard numerous times from his pop. It was a wild tale, and at his age, Killian wondered whether any of it had actually happened.

It hadn’t mattered to Ender though who had laughed and laughed at the tale Killian told him. Killian took a swig from his beer as the man composed himself. "Man, I don't even care if that's the truth or not. That is such a solid story. You have to tell your kids that one day if you ever have any. Keep passing it on. Hell, I'm going to go home and tell my dog!" Killian chuckled. If he had kids, he was sure his pop would tell them that story if he was still around to tell the tale. That was if Killian ever had children. He would have to get rid of the pirate before he could let himself raise a child. The pirate was a risk to his child’s safety, and he wouldn’t allow himself to harm his child. "Ahh, yeah I live alone besides her... My parents moved down to a coastal town in the south, that's actually how I became Sheriff. I took over my dad's position when he retired. My little sister goes to school there too, soooo….So what about you? You're a good looking guy, I bet you have a girlfriend."

Killian chuckled. His love life had been basically nonexistent, with Killian lusting after the same woman for over half of his life. “In a manner of speaking,” he started, his thumb working at peeling the label on the bottle in his hand absentmindedly. “I’ve been in love with the same woman since I was a teenager, but a certain someone makes things difficult. We basically spend all our time together though,” he said with a soft chuckle. “I saw you briefly at the Pumpkin Festival. It looked like you had a girl vying for your attention.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 15 2016, 10:38 PM

Savage.

After finishing off the rest of the bottle, he placed it on the counter behind him. He held his hand in the air and gestured to the bartender for another round. When their eyes met, he smiled thoughtfully and nodded his head. He wasn't sure how much Killian was planning to drink, but Ender could knock them back pretty easily. His apartment was only a short walk down the block, so he didn't have to worry too much about getting home. Plus, if he got too sloshed he could always put his head down and take a power nap. It was probably frowned upon, but he'd seen that moved used here before, and with little repercussion. Whatever, who was going to arrest him? He was the one with the badge. “In a manner of speaking,” The mans fiddling thumb caught his brown eyes briefly before bringing his gaze upwards once more. “I’ve been in love with the same woman since I was a teenager, but a certain someone makes things difficult. We basically spend all our time together though,” Ouch. That sounded worse than what he was going through himself. He may have been in deep shit with Lisbeth, but at least he'd only been lusting after her for a short while before she'd smashed his heart into pieces. Killian laughed, but Ender frowned sympathetically. He couldn't imagine how something like that would feel. "Wow... I'm sorry dude. I'm sure he's not even half as good as you. I mean look at you man, you're fit as hell, and you tell great stories. She's missing out. Obviously she likes you too if you spend a lot of time together... girls make no sense I swear. They want it all." He put his hand out in front of him as if to say 'what the hell'. Ender was probably the worst person ever to get relationship advice from, not that he had asked. As soon as the bartender came back with the drinks, he plucked his up and brought it to his lips.

“I saw you briefly at the Pumpkin Festival. It looked like you had a girl vying for your attention.” He almost spit out his mouthful of beer. He wondered what else he'd seen. Did he notice that he'd nearly gotten his lights knocked out as well?

Ender laughed, slapping his own knee with his hand. He was a bit faded, but he could still remember most of the Festivals events. "You must be talking about my friend Brine. Did she have blue hair? We were just messing around. Did it look that convincing?" Ender's face twisted into a delighted grin. Now wonder Lisbeth had made it a mission to spit at him. "That actually explains a lot."

He hadn't noticed Killian that night to be honest, but he must have been lucid while attending because he hadn't heard the pirate running his mouth. Curiosity got the best of him, as well as his deep dislike for the man he was about to mention. "Did you see the purple freak there as well? You know he's a criminal right? Stay away from that guy."

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 17 2016, 07:47 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

"Wow... I'm sorry dude. I'm sure he's not even half as good as you. I mean look at you man, you're fit as hell, and you tell great stories. She's missing out. Obviously she likes you too if you spend a lot of time together... girls make no sense I swear. They want it all." Ender had no idea just how complicated Killian’s love life was, but it was something he liked to avoid talking about, especially in Westhaven. He had no idea who Jonah was close to here, and just how many of those people knew about the situation. He didn’t want to cause any trouble so he easily turned the conversation around to Ender’s love life.

"You must be talking about my friend Brine. Did she have blue hair?” Killian nodded at the mention. It was hard to miss blue hair like that. "We were just messing around. Did it look that convincing? That actually explains a lot." Killian raised an eyebrow before taking a sip of his drink. “Just messing around? I don’t know, you guys looked pretty convincing to me.”

"Did you see the purple freak there as well? You know he's a criminal right? Stay away from that guy."

Killian’s jaw dropped. “A criminal, how do you know? Wait...that’s a dumb question,” Killian said when he realized he was talking to the freaking sheriff. “What did he do? Why isn’t he locked up?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 18 2016, 01:12 PM

Savage.

When the man raised his brow it became even more apparent just how effective their facade of affection had been. Perhaps a small part of it was real? Ender truly cared for Brine, and he was still working out for himself what exactly that meant. As for now, they were friends who did each other favors, and that was exactly what everyone had been somewhat openly exposed to during the Festival. A favor. If it had looked real to Killian he could only imagine how it came off to Lisbeth. Now wonder she was pissed at him. “Just messing around? I don’t know, you guys looked pretty convincing to me.” Ender laughed somewhat nervously. He wasn't exactly sure how to begin in explaining their friendship. "Yeah... to be honest dude I guess I don't even know what I'm doing." He didn't want to call what had happened with Lisbeth a 'break-up', because nothing had ever been made official. However, that is how it felt. Some advice he had heard was that the best way to get over someone was to get under another, yet he just couldn't bring himself down to that level. Just because he was mad at one specific girl, didn't mean he had to go out and disrespect another. "Maybe that's why I drink so much. Beer makes more sense than woman I think, at least tonight it does." Shrugging he downed a good portion of his bottle. He wiped his lips on his hand before mentioning the assailant from the festival.

The other man's jaw fell open, and Ender nodded enthusiastically. “A criminal, how do you know? Wait...that’s a dumb question,” He simply smiled. It was easy to forget exactly what he did for a living when he was you know, acting like a person and not a cop. Plus, he looked really different out of uniform. Or at least he liked to think so. “What did he do? Why isn’t he locked up?”

It was a bit of a complicated tale, but Ender always had time to slander Mr. Weisser. It was one of his main priorities lately. It was easy to get the idea out that he was some sort of monster, because that is what he truly believed. All he had to do was tell the right people, a simple chirp in their ear would do the trick. Despite the man's vigilante style rambling, Ender was a cop. He could only see things from the perspective of the law, and his job was to serve justice where it was needed. Mr. Weisser had hindered the apprehension of a missing person, that was that. There had been signs all over the city, there was no way someone could live here and not know the story. "Did you ever hear about the Netsuma missing person case? I know you live in the valley, but I put up posters just about everywhere." Before the other man could give his answer, Ender hopped off his bar stool and over to the bulletin board. He grabbed a black and white portrait off the wall and made his way back over to where he'd been seated.

"This is it actually." He said offering it to the man to see for himself. "They don't need it anymore, I already solved the case. Oh, but anyway. That guy I was telling you about, this poor girl has been missing for some time, she has memory loss so when she goes out wandering she doesn't know who she is or where she came from." He was now moving his hands dramatically as he spoke. This specific case had been one he'd been trying to crack for so long, and he was really proud of himself for doing so. "Well that creep, he must have found her and hid her away. Isn't that odd? What do you think he was doing to the poor girl this whole time? What kind of person finds a young woman who doesn't even know her name and just thinks to their self... hey let me not tell the cops, there is no way they could be missing or anything?" He put his hand on his hip and bit his lip while he thought carefully about his words. He wasn't about to mention the fact that he also held a grudge against the man for punching him.

"... But I can't arrest him because I can't prove that he's done anything at all other than house her. Artemisia is an adult, so technically she is allowed to make her own choices, even if she doesn't know she has family that wants her home. Well, she does now. I told her, but she didn't seem to remember anything. If she was a kid there would be more I could do."

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 19 2016, 03:11 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

"Yeah... to be honest dude I guess I don't even know what I'm doing. Maybe that's why I drink so much. Beer makes more sense than woman I think, at least tonight it does." Killian laughed. People in general were complicated creatures, and they were impossible to figure out. Take Killian for instance; no one would ever know by looking at him what demons he battled every day.

“Well trust me when I say time doesn’t make things easier. Just find whatever makes them happy and stick with that.” Killian had known Robin for over half his life now, and even he could be surprised and confused by her still.

Killian was shocked that there was a criminal just walking around out in the open. What if he had caused a scene at the festival? What if he hurt someone? Why wasn’t this guy locked up behind bars? Killian needed to know the story behind this.

"Did you ever hear about the Netsuma missing person case? I know you live in the valley, but I put up posters just about everywhere." The name sounded familiar to Killian but he couldn’t quite place where he had seen it before. He didn’t live in Westhaven, so a lot of their news didn’t make it’s way to the Valley. Ender hopped off the bar stool and grab something from the bar’s bulletin board bringing it back to Killian. “This is it actually. They don't need it anymore, I already solved the case.” Killian looked down at the familiar flyer. That’s why the name was familiar, he had seen many of these flyers hung up near his shop but he had never seen the girl. He remembered feeling for the girl’s family, but also wondering if his birth parents ever cared to look for him like this girl’s family did. “Oh, but anyway. That guy I was telling you about, this poor girl has been missing for some time, she has memory loss so when she goes out wandering she doesn't know who she is or where she came from." Killian nodded along as Ender spoke. This story was far more interesting than his fish tale. "Well that creep, he must have found her and hid her away. Isn't that odd? What do you think he was doing to the poor girl this whole time? What kind of person finds a young woman who doesn't even know her name and just thinks to their self... hey let me not tell the cops, there is no way they could be missing or anything?"

Killian shook his head. The whole seemed crazy and made up, but so did his own story. Even when he thought about what happened to him in his head, it all sounded illogical. “He’s just keeping her there? He’s not even going to try and take her to see her family? What if seeing them brought back her memories?” Killian couldn’t believe that this man was just allowed to keep her with him when he had no connection to her. “There isn’t anything you can do?”

"... But I can't arrest him because I can't prove that he's done anything at all other than house her. Artemisia is an adult, so technically she is allowed to make her own choices, even if she doesn't know she has family that wants her home. Well, she does now. I told her, but she didn't seem to remember anything. If she was a kid there would be more I could do."

Killian drank down more of his beer. “That just isn’t right, you should be able to do something more. Her poor family is worried sick about her and he’s just being a bastard. He must be pretty damn lonely to just keep her with him and not think about the pain he’s causing her relatives.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.