GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 37

Rep: 7 pts

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
Just like spring, fall was a great season to go hiking, the sun wasn’t as intense as it would be during the summer, they could stay out longer without risking a sunburn and they wouldn’t need to carry ridiculous amounts of water, which meant more space for snacks.

Ella prepared some snacks on her backpack, it was time to go hiking with Sam, they both loved the outdoors and exploring the nature would be good for them, nature is good for everyone. She packed some extra snacks, just in case one of them wanted to eat more than they planned on. Backpack on her back and hiking gear ready, Ella left her house and meet up with Sam in the woods.

”Sam!” she called out to him before sitting on a nearby rock as she waited for some sort of response from him. It had been a while since she went hiking with someone, she usually does this alone but never gets too far, who knows what dangers lie ahead, it’s always safer to take a hiking buddy.

As she waited she closed her eyes and relaxed, her life had improved, she was no longer mad or sad at herself, she was at peace, and she owes it to Sam, he had been there for her and it felt nice to have someone, she owes it to him.

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 04:36 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 39

Rep: 46 pts

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker
SATURDAY FALL 2, YEAR THREE • LATE AFTERNOON • SUNNY
"Well I'll confess all of my sins after several large gins"

Samuel had been on a summer hike once. It had been awful! The sun had beat down on his sweaty back, causing his legs to tire quicker as he rationed out his water, hoping to make it to the top of the hill before he collapsed of heat exhaustion. Samuel had finished that day with horrific sunburn on his face and dehydration so bad he'd had to lie down to stop the room spinning.

A hike in Autumn was oodles more fun. The temperature was neither too hot nor too cold, and the cool breeze blowing in helped with recovery following particularly steep climbing sections. Plus, Ioana was perfectly picturesque with all of its colours. Reds, oranges, and golds speckled the landscape for as far as the eye could see and the best place to view it all was one of the surrounding hills above the valley.

Samuel also prepared a backpack, being sure to pack plenty of water and a bottle of sunscreen in case the sun began to shine a little too strongly. He’d had a hearty breakfast of pancakes and fresh fruit from the final harvest of Summer, so decided against weighing himself down with lots of snacks. He trusted Ella would bring some, though he put two protein bars in a side pocket for good measure.

Checking the kitchen clock, Samuel realised he was going to be five minutes late. Shit.

“Bye, pops!”
he called out to his father as he dashed out the house, leaving the door to slam shut in his wake.

Samuel made good time quickly walking to the woods although he was still late. He heard Ella call out his name.

“Hey!”
he called back. “Be there in a sec!”

Samuel sprinted the rest of the way to their specified meeting spot.

“Hey, sorry,”
he wheezed, giving Ella a wave as he pressed his back up against a nearby tree. “Lost track o' time.”

He too closed his eyes, taking a second to catch his breath. Samuel didn’t think he was out of shape but damn if fighting to run through the overgrown shrubbery and jumping over fallen branches hadn’t taken it out of him.

When the red in his cheeks faded to pink, Samuel opened his eyes and smiled at Ella. “Ready t'go?”
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 11:47 AM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
She opened her eyes when she heard Sam’s voice, however, she didn’t move as she watches him rest for a little while. She got up and stretched herself, she was ready for some hiking and she hoped that Sam was as well. Hiking in Ioana wasn’t too complicated, at least not for her, she was used to going up and down every chance she got, sometimes without food, just with a bottle of water, but she also had a lot of free time and stayed on the path she knew not to cause any inconvenience for anyone.

When he opened his eyes and was right in front of him, watching him. ”I’m always ready.” she said cheerfully as always. She pointed out to a dirt path. ”We can follow the path, it will prevent us from getting lost.” she said. There were marks on the rocks, probably done by someone more experienced than her.

”If we follow the marks we should be able to reach the top.” she said. She wasn’t sure how experienced Sam was, she didn’t want to push it too much.

Elanor began walking towards the path making sure Sam was going to keep up with her.

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 09:40 AM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

“Not getting lost sounds like a swell idea,”
Samuel cheerily commented, spotting the marks Ella had pointed out to him. The two of them began to hike, Samuel a few paces behind Ella.

“Have ya gone this way before?”
he asked, already enjoying the views even if all he could see were trees, shrubs, and rocks. Autumn was arguably the prettiest season and everything it touched was all the more beautiful, no matter how simple the scenery. “The last time I went hiking here, me an' my pops tried t' find the waterfall. People always debate whether it’s real or not but it definitely is cos I remember my…”

Don’t say mom.

“…cos I remember my, er, aunt showing me it when I was little.”

“Me an' my pops couldn’t find it though. We got bored an' gave up an' went home,”
Samuel finished with a chuckle.
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 10:02 AM

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
”I did, I know most of these paths.” she answered his question. She usually kept to the trails whenever she was alone, with someone more experienced she probably would go out of the path. ”Waterfall? I can take you there, it’s gorgeous.” she said stopping until Sam met up with her. ”It’s not far from here.” she said smiling at him.

She pointed to the path. ”Up ahead there’s a crossroad, but the waterfall isn’t marked so it’s harder to find, but we can go there.” she said, assuming it would be a place he’d want to visit.

”And then one day you can take your dad, I’m sure he’ll be delighted.” she said, assuming that Sam’s father would love to see the waterfall, after all they did search for it.

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 04:55 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Go figure, of course Ella knew virtually every walking path around Ioana! She was quite the explorer which made Samuel glad to have someone so experienced leading the way.

“I can’t remember much about the waterfall,”
Samuel lied, in fact remembering it well. “But I do remember it being super awesome an’ pretty.”

Why had he lied? Because the scene was still vivid to him. He’d visited it with his mother and his father just a few weeks before the life he’d known had crumbled into nothing. It was one of the happiest memories he could remember last sharing with his mother and for that reason the sight of water tumbling down from above taunted him in his sleep sometimes.

“I’ll definitely bring pops when I remember the way,”
Samuel again lied. He doubted his father wanted to see it again either, that day in Summer having been so unexpected and thus so heart-breaking. “Lead the way!”

Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 07:39 PM

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
”I can take you there and we can take a photo and even make a picnic.” she proposed. Making good memories was something she enjoyed, especially if she could record it with a couple of photographs. ”Oh it is Sam, we should totally go there.” she said excited about their next trip, she would be dragging him to the waterfall.

Ella smiled at Sam, she didn’t remember his father very well, she might have seen him the man a couple of times and both interactions were quite short, a simple greeting, nothing more, but if it was something special she believed he would like to see the waterfall with Sam.

She continued to walk, making sure Sam didn’t get lost on the way. ”So Harvest Festival this afternoon? I want you to meet someone special.”

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 07:44 AM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

A romantic date at the waterfall sounded like a nice idea, a way of replacing memories with better ones. He’d had to do that for a lot of places around town after he’d broken up with Natalie, performing outrageous stunts that usually led to him hurting himself so that he could laugh rather than cry in those locations. “It’s a date,” Samuel replied with a smile, taking Ella’s hand and holding it for a few seconds. “We could go next weekend, if ya not too busy? The weather’s still meant t' be nice then.”

They continued to walk, Samuel often having to duck to avoid being smacked in the face with a tree branch. His arms were already slightly scratched by the thick bramble that would occasionally obscure their path.

“Yeah, I’ll be there! I looove the Harvest Festival. It’s, like, my favourite fest of all time,”
Samuel told her. “Are ya bringing that kid ya babysit a lot? I’d love to meet her, she sounds so cute an' so, so funny from the stories ya tell me!”
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 10:06 AM

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
”Then it’s settled, on the ninth we’re going to have a picnic by the waterfall.” she said smiling brightly at Sam. It was always nice to do things with friends and family, especially those who one cares for a lot. ”I have a photo camera, I’ll make sure to bring her so we can take photos.” she said. These photos would be a lot more pleasant to look at than some of the photos she had home.

That afternoon they were going to the Harvest Festival, it was one of Ella’s favorite festivals along with the Spring Fling, it was a way to get everyone together enjoying a meal, there was something magical about it. ”Yes, she’s the cutest and she’s adorable, you’ll love her!”

They got a bit further on the train until they reached a crossroad, Ella decided to turn left on the red mark, leaving the yellow mark behind. ”Once we get to the top the sight will take your breath away,” she commented holding Sam’s hand. It didn’t take much longer for them to get to the top, it was an easy path, it was meant for children as well.

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 10:33 AM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

The date was set, the two both confirming that a trip to the waterfall next week was guaranteed. Samuel was already busy preparing in his head a list of the treats he wanted to bring for them to enjoy. Sandwiches were a given at any picnic so he would prepare an array of different fillings, but what fresh fruit and veg did he want to bring from the farm? And what baked good did he want to make? A meringue would be too messy to eat in the wild and clotted cream scones felt a little too upscale. A simple Victorian sponge seemed the best idea but was that too boring? He’d think about it later, Samuel decided, as the conversation moved onto nearer excursions.

“I bet I will!”
Samuel replied, matching Ella’s enthusiasm. He had to remember too to let Misha know that there appeared to be another little girl around Kenzie’s age and fitting Kenzie’s personality. Why, from Ella’s description, it was almost like the child she looked after was Kenzie herself!

They continued to wander up the winding trail, gradually ascending higher. It was a gentle trail on the legs so Samuel was surprised not to have met any other walkers on their way.

When they reached the top, it was just as Ella had promised. The view was breathtaking, the small peak they stood on emerging out of the trees. Autumn colours burst around them, and Samuel could see a dotted line just before the woods that he presumed was Maple Haven Drive.

“Woah…”
he mumbled, words evading him for a second. “Ya know, sometimes I can’t believe I’ve lived here all my life an’ yet sights like this still feel so fresh t’me.”
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 07:31 PM

user posted image
TAG
Sam (Ethereal)
NOTES

Fall 2nd, year
She was pleased to hear that Sam was going to like Kenzie, she was the cutest the little girl and she was so smart, she also liked glitter which was a plus, maybe one day Misha wouldn’t mind and Sam could help her babysit Kenzie.

”Maybe one day we’ll make a glitter party.” she proposed, she would have a hard time cleaning her house but the fun she was going to have was going to be worth all the trouble she’d have after party.

At the top, she sat on the rock near the edge as her legs hung over the cliff. ”And I’m sure there’s still so much to discover. The valley is amazing. I walked so many times down these paths, I must know all the trails by memory, but I haven’t explored much out of them, you know, it’s dangerous if you go alone.” she explained. ”But for now we can look at this view for a while before we head back.”

PMEmail
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Yesterday at 08:28 am

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

A glitter party sounded like the most fun idea to ever be invented. No regular party would ever compare to the sheer delight they would have surrounded by tonnes of glitter. Samuel paid no attention to the idea of the mess that would be created. A glitter mess wasn't a regular mess, it was a glorious mess! Samuel was probably the only person in the world that would be happy if glitter infected his entire house and refused to ever leave his clothes. "We should definitely throw a glitter party," he urged. "Maybe for my twenty-sixth birthday?"

The two of them sat down at the edge of the cliff, letting their legs hang down. Samuel leaned back, covering one of Ella's hand with one of his. He smiled at her, utterly in love with everything about this experience.

"I feel like living in Ioana sometimes means I forget to do all this stuff, y'know? Like, the tourists immediately see everything that's so beautiful and unique t' this village an' it's surroundings, but as a local I forget to go on these trails an' to explore because I live here an' I'm used to it."
Samuel paused before continuing, "We should try go explore together as often as we can. I think that'd be a lot of fun."
Tecri
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.