GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Spring 12, Year 3 • Early Evening • Sunny
"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play"
user posted image

Oliver had known that Scout had been acting weird for a while now, and it seemed he finally had an answer to what was going on.

Earlier, Trevor had nervously come in to Oliver’s office, which wasn’t an anomaly at all. He wasn’t often scared to come in and bring any bad news to Oliver, because we always afraid of being blamed for it. Though Trevor knew that this particular note he had stumbled upon would bring an unholy wrath down on whoever brought it to Oliver.

“Mr. Triston sir. I know you’re busy but the mailroom accidentally delivered this to my desk, and I thought you might want to know about it,” he said, handing the letter to Oliver before backing away.

Oliver opened the note, and as he read the contents Trevor could see his brow furrow. “This was addressed to Scout?” he asked, letter still in his hand.

“Yes sir.”

“With no return address?”

“No sir.”

“I see.” He looked at the letter again. “Call my car. I’ll be heading home now.”

Scout hadn’t been in the office today, so Oliver had to confront her about this at home. The current letter he held made it sound like this wasn’t the first one that had been sent, and if they didn’t do something about them, it wouldn’t be the last.

He was home early for once, which would already signal Scout that something about today was off. He opened the door and placed his briefcase down as he called for her. “Scout? We need to talk, now.”

user posted image
"'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride"
Wearing • Tag:Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:03 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The letters hadn't exactly been slowing down, and Scout had been trying her best to ignore them, but it was hard when you were being constantly berated for who you loved. Jealousy was ugly, especially in the girls who had been sending them. Wesley was the only one who knew she was struggling, and even though she knew that he didn't think she was going about this the right way, Oliver was a busy man. The start of this new year had him dealing with all sorts of different things that she didn't want to get in the way of.

She didn't like going behind his back, to hide these things instead of coming forward. But when she had become his girlfriend she accepted what that meant, that even in his busy periods, she would remain at his side, try not to get in the way of goals and ambitions. It was a problem she didn't want, and perhaps she had hoped that eventually the people sending them would be come bored or tired if she just stood her ground.

But it was becoming a lot on her shoulders. She was in Oliver's office at home, trying to focus on a page in her book although she seemed to be stuck on the same paragraph for about an hour. She wished she could say something, but Oliver had a lot on his plate already to be dealing with her problems as well.

His call made her jump. What was he doing home this early? She looked down at Zeus who was laying by the doorway nervously before she stood up. He didn't sound very happy and she wondered what could have happened. She shuffled out of the office, meeting his gaze and almost regretting it soon afterwards. "Oliver? What are you doing home? You said you were going to be late today..." was all she could muster.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 12th, Year 3
Outfit: Here
Weather: Sunny
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:20 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver wasn’t 100% sure what was going on, but he was going to find out. He knew Scout was hiding something from him and now he had evidence of it. He was mad at whoever was sending the letters, but he was more annoyed that Scout had been hiding it from him and he had no idea how long it had been going on.

“Well I was going to be late, but the mailroom accidentally delivered something for you to Trevor,” he said pulling the letter out of his suit pocket and showing it to Scout. “Don’t ignore me skank,” he read out loud from the letter. “Your boyfriend doesn’t care about you. You might as well leave now.”

He threw the letter onto the coffee table. “How long has this been going on Scout? I know this isn’t the first letter you’ve gotten.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:30 PM

Scout wasn't sure why he was home early, but she was wary. He usually kept to his word when he was going to be late because usually that meant he was doing something important, and she was usually fine with that. So why did he come home early? She didn't have much more time to think about it because he pulled a paper from his jacket, and Scout felt her breath catch.

Hearing him read the words made her bite her tongue, shame and a mix of irritation and sadness burned hot in the pit of her stomach. She averted her eyes, how had he gotten that? Had someone brought it to work while she wasn't there? She didn't have much time to process it because she knew she needed to answer him.

"It's....been going." She answered, turning her back to him and biting her lip almost hard enough to make it bleed. "It's not your problem, Oliver, it's mine. If I stop reacting they'll go away...if I stop reacting they won't...." she closed her eyes. Goddess, she wanted to be anywhere but here.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:38 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver closed the distance between them and spun Scout around. He was mad. It showed in his face. Not only did he want to hunt down the prick that was sending these letters to Scout, but he wanted to get it through her head that it was also his problem.

“Scout I swear, for someone so smart, you can sure be stupid,” he said shaking his head. “This is not just your problem. Obviously, this is something we both have to deal with. I’m the reason they’re sending the letters.” He turned around the picked the letter back up off the coffee table. “Where are the rest?” he asked her. “How many of these have you gotten?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:44 PM

When he spun her around she tried to push him back, but it obviously didn't work due to their difference in size and stature. "I'm not stupid!" She replied. Maybe more than she realized, she was being foolish, but Oliver was making her mad. "You might be the reason but it doesn't make it something you have to put on your shoulders." She said, trying to keep her voice steady. "It isn't your problem because you already have enough." He released her and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Enough." Was her answer, she cast her gaze to the floor. "I'm not telling you where they are. Stop worrying about this. You have that meeting coming up, you have Phone calls to make, let me deal with this in my own way." she pleaded. "I want you to let it go."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:57 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver was mad when he got home, but this conversation was pushing him past his boiling point. He and Scout didn’t have real fights often, but this was on a whole new level. Oliver just wanted to know what was going on in Scout’s life, and she was stubbornly refusing to include him. He didn’t know a lot about being someone’s boyfriend, but he was pretty sure if something serious was going on, you shared it with your partner.

“Scout this isn’t some silly game, you know!” he said crossing his own arms. “Someone is purposely trying to come between us and that’s exactly what you’re allowing them to do by hiding it from me!”

He ripped up the letter in his hand, sick of seeing it. The tiny shreds of paper fell to the floor. “Tell me where the rest of them are,” he demanded. “I will tear this apartment apart to find them. I want to know what else they said.”

user posted image
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 06:08 PM

Scout didn’t want to fight. But Scout didn’t want to do a lot of things. This morning she hadn’t even wanted to get out of bed. He was angry with her now, she could tell.”I take my life very seriously.” she answered, once again biting back her tears.

”It’s just...it’s just stupid people. People say things all the time!” was what she saying even made sense anymore? She was mad at Oliver, and he was mad at her. And this was what they wanted? Was it them winning. blue”Why do you want them? So you can read them out loud and make me listen to them again?”

That was unfair. But Scout ignored her thoughts and tore back into the office, rifling through her pack and pulling out ten different letters. Different handwritings, different parchment, all made to hurt. ”You want them so badly, here!” she scattered them onto the floor. ”If you want the rest het Trevor to check my...” it was like any energy she had left her as she brought herself to her knees, covering her face as a flood of tears finally broke through the barrier she had set for them. She sat among the scattered letters, her emotions clearly in tatters.

She was tired. Was that a bad thing?

Tag:
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 06:24 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

“Yeah, Scout. People do say things all the time. But they don’t write them down and send them to your home or work!” He ran a hand through his hair out of frustration. “I want them because I want to know what they’re saying. You’ve been distant for weeks and now I know why so I want to know what the hell these assholes are telling you.”

Scout walked off, but she came back with a handful of letters dropping them all to the floor, not soon after, she was on the floor as well, crying. Oliver went to the letters first, reading through them quickly, seeing the names they called her, and what they accused Oliver of doing behind her back. It didn’t help that he had been working a lot of late nights as of late. Was she pulling away because she thought they might be speaking the truth?

“Scout,” Oliver said, his voice softer than it had been earlier. He sat down on the floor as well, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his lap. “Hey, listen to me. It’s not true. Nothing in those letters is the truth. I wouldn’t do that to you. You know that right?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 06:39 PM

It had been weeks of people mocking her, people telling her she didn’t deserve Oliver. Maybe it was true, and maybe she didn’t. But he had been at her side all this time, why would that change so suddenly. Her heart told her that, but her brain was starting to believe what she was being told. Even if on a normal basis so many different handwritings telling her what Oliver had done wouldn’t make sense, but he carried a reputation far before he met her.

Her arms shielded her face as she continued sobbing, louder than either of them were probably used to, heartbroken and although she wanted the tears to stop, they kept coming. She didn’t move her arms as she felt Oliver shift her into his lap, trying to hear his words over herself.

She finally uncurled her arms from over her face only to wrap them around Oliver and cling to him tightly. ”I’m sorry.” she hiccuped, trying and failing to regain composure as she was usually so easily able to do. ”I’m sorry..!” she wanted to stop crying, but it didn’t seem she was done yet, and she hid her face against Oliver’s shoulder.

”I didn’t...I didn’t w-want to believe y-you would...but there we so many a-and I...” she dug her nails into the fabric of his jacket.”I-It’s what they said..I-I don’t care w-what they call me. You’re high...high society and I...” they said he deserved someone on his level, someone who could match his money and not a simple little gold digger. Scout never cared about his money. It was about him, but people who didn’t know her didn’t know that. But it was the people who told her that she didn’t deserve him that were the loudest. ”I’m just...just a plain jane t-that doesn’t deserve you.”

Tag:
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 06:57 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver allowed Scout to cry into his shoulder. He kept her wrapped tight in his arms, gently rubbing her back. “Shh, it’s okay Scout. It’s going to be okay now.”

But Scout was wrong. She did deserve him. He was the one who was lucky she had forgiven him for his screw ups. He was the one who wasn’t deserving. “Stop talking crazy Scout. There isn’t anything plain about you and if anyone here is undeserving, then it’s me. You didn’t have to forgive me after the Firefly Festival, but you did.” He kissed her lightly on the side of her head.

“I don’t want you to listen to them, Scout. They’re all just jealous ticks. They’re mad that I didn’t pick them, but I picked you Scout. I want you. Not them.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 07:12 PM

Scout couldn’t seem to calm herself down. She felt safer now, wrapped in Oliver’s embrace although it did quell the a thousand thoughts running rampant in her mind she continued to cry until she simply ran out of tears. Her heart raced, and Oliver gently tried to assure her that they were wrong about her.

It was something she told herself. They didn’t know her. But the words were stronger coming from Oliver, much more certain than she when she had trying to tell herself something similar.

She closed her eyes, burying her face against his shoulder. Too many things were going through her head and her legs felt akin to Jelly. ”I never...wanted you to feel like I didn’t ... I didn’t trust you.” She tried to push away tears with her sleeve.

”But the more...letters I got the more...the later you came home I...started to wonder and I...I wish I hadn’t.” the shame burned on her face.

”I just...I love you so much. And I...I’m sorry I let it...I let it get to me even when I knew you were so busy. That was why I didn’t want to show you. I was afraid of stressing you out too much but....” she glanced around a little somberly and shook her head ”I guess I made a mess of that too.” she still clung to his strong frame. He was warm, comforting, and she felt like leaving his embrace would be too cold, so she instead rested her eyes instead.

Tag:
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 07:37 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver lifted her head up, wiping away the remaining tear streaks on her face. “I love you Scout, and I don’t want you hiding things like this from me.” He kissed her gently on her cheek before letting go of her face and wrapping that arm back around her. He ran his fingers through her hair as they sat on the floor.

“I don’t want you to worry about stressing me out. I can handle anything you throw at me,” he told her. “We’ll figure out what to do about this mess, together.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 07:46 PM

Scout nodded gently as Oliver wiped her tears away. She bad no more tears to cry at the moment, all used up by the time she had finished. The comforting motion of him running his fingers through her hair made her relax a little bit, her shoulders becoming less tense. She nuzzled against his shoulder.

”We will.” She mumbled thoughtfully. Now she felt the full weight of how tired she had been, trying to keep herself from yawning, but eventually her grip on his jacket loosened and her breathing slowed. Maybe it wasn’t an ideal time but Scout’s lost sleep ove rthe situation had caught up.

Tag:
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 08:11 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver held Scout gently as she relaxed against him, finally calmed down from the debacle of the letters. However, it wasn’t long before Scout had gone limp in his arms, surrendering to her need for sleep. He chuckled before lifting her off his lap and standing up. He carried her into the bedroom and laid her on the bed. He removed her shoes and laid the blanket over her which then prompted Zeus to climb into bed with her. “Let her sleep buddy.”

He went back into the living room and cleaned up the mess of letters that was on the floor. He ripped them up and threw them away before pouring himself a glass of scotch. It was too early to sleep but he could finish up his work that he still had to do that day.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.