When You do it Out of Love, Scout+Oliver
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 03:46 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 7th user posted imageEveninguser posted image 3user posted imageSunnyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#5e91d1

Scout wasn't really sure at first if they would have time to go to the carnival this year. After all exams for her her branch of study would be around the corner soon, and these being the last set of exams they'd take before graduation, she wondered if she should be focusing on that instead. But they had gone last year and with Oliver being so busy with work lately, she figured that spending the evening together at the Carnival in Ioana would be a good thing, so as soon as they were done with their tasks for the day, they had headed over.

And as she had last year, Scout found herself under the looming shadow of the 80 meter high Ferris Wheel as she and Oliver walked past it.

"I can see why Wesley comes here so often, actually...er, aside from the obvious." she said as she held onto Oliver's hand, determined not to get separated in the midst of the large crowd. "The air is a little cleaner." she added with a slight wrinkle of her nose. She did love her city, but the air could be a bit stifling at times as with any city.

"What'd you want to do first babe? It'd be nice to forget about work and University and that for a little bit. For once, I think if I have to read another sentence about sea anemones I'm going to throw the entire book out the window." Everyone needed a recharge, right?

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:20 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Summer 7, Year 3 o Evening o Sunny
"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play"
user posted image

Oliver didn't take trips into Ioana often, at least not for pleasure. His trips into the tiny failing village were always for business, though rarely did they amount to anything prosperous for Triston Enterprises. The people of the valley were just too stubborn. Hopefully that would all change soon.

"He should get her to move to the city with him,"
Oliver commented when Scout brought up Wesley and his little girlfriend. "He wouldn't have to travel so far to see her, and it's probably safer considering everything." The "everything" didn't need to be said aloud. News of the going-ons in the valley made their way to the city papers too. H should be worried about being in the valley with news of the fires spreading around, but Oliver doubted anyone would be causing trouble at such a crowded event.

They found themselves under the ferris wheel once again and Oliver couldn't help but smirk. As they walked through the crowds he led her closer to it. "Man what I'd give to have that on tape," he said with a sly smile. "I don't think I've ever heard you talk so negatively about a book before." As he spoke, he had positioned them in line for the ferris wheel, hopefully without Scout taking notice.

user posted image
"'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride"
Wearing o Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 03:19 PM

Date: Tuesday, Summer 7th, Year 3

She raised an eyebrow when Oliver mentioned them moving in together. She hadn’t actually thought about what Wesley might do if things got serious, and the thought of him moving from the City was actually a little sad. They had been together most of their lives, and even though he would just be a car ride away, it would still be a lot different than what she was used to. But she knew despite what Oliver was saying, Grace loved Ioana so she doubted getting her to move to the city would be so easy of a thing to do. “Don’t you think it’s still a little early for them to be thinking about living together? It’s only been a couple of weeks.” She said. Sure, they could say almost the same about her and Oliver, but even then her moving into the Penthouse with him had been gradual, and even now they still didn’t really claim to live together. It was just something that… was.

“I know I stay at your place a lot but…Wes is a little different from me, I think. He got nervous even holding a girl's hand last I checked.” She shrugged. She didn’t know how much of that had changed since meeting Grace, but she did know she had to practically shove him into her before he spoke to her to begin with. And the fires happening in Ioana were something strange to be certain. She did worry about Wes everytime he told her he was going to the valley. “I guess…but I don’t think she’ll be the one moving if they get that far.” She continued, leaning closer to Oliver as she continued to think about the news reports that have been happening over the last season. Two Fires, an Arsonist, what else would happen?

“Well it’s not on tape, and I won’t be repeating it.” She chuckled, not seeming to notice what line he had led them into. “I just need a break, I think I’ve been repeating sentences over and over, just because I’m too tired of reading to find the right line.” She continued, taking his hand. “I did almost give you the tofu version of that fried rice the other day too, it’s about time for a recharge.” She had been short from violating her beliefs and eating the pork fried rice that she had cooked for her boyfriend, all without meaning to.

As the line dwindled, Scout slowly realized where the line was headed. “Oliver, you did not have us waiting in line for the Ferries wheel all this time, did you?” she asked, letting go of his hand to cross her arms, almost daring him to say that he did, considering he certainly knew how she felt about heights.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 07:39 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Summer 7, Year 3 o Evening o Sunny
"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play"
user posted image

Oliver shrugged. Honestly any relationship step was too early in his opinion, but, then again, he hadn’t even meant to end up in a relationship himself. He didn’t regret his relationship with Scout though. He loved her very much, but dating was still a whole new world to him.

“It be better if she did, though I do have my selfish business reasons for that,” Oliver said. His whole business hinged on more people moving to Westhaven and selling Ioana property. “I’d even give her a good chunk of change for that little shop of hers. But I guess I’ll have to wait for the little love birds to get that far first. Hopefully they get there before whoever is setting these fires decides her shop is a good target.”

It wasn’t often that Scout wanted nothing to do with her books so when she did get in those moods, Oliver took full advantage of them. Of course, he couldn’t do much while they were at the carnival, but on the ferris wheel they would have a lot of privacy. He chuckled when she spoke about almost misserving dinner. “I’m pretty sure I would’ve noticed if you gave me tofu instead of pork though," Oliver said. Without ever having tried tofu, he faithfully believed that it was disgusting and did not taste like meat at all, though truthfully, he probably wouldn’t have noticed the difference in his dinner.

Oliver played dumb when she realized what line they had ended up in. He looked over at the start of the line. “Oh, is that what line this is,” he said looking back to Scout. “I just picked the first one we came by. Well we might as well get on it now. We’re almost at the front. Besides, we did it last year so it’s like a tradition now,” he said with a grin.

user posted image
"'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride"
Wearing o Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 02:16 PM

She knew Oliver had been trying to take Ioana for Westhaven, after all, at some point when they first met, she asked about what he did, and Captain Westhaven had answered her in the most valiant way possible for the city. He wanted to expand to Ioana. She often wondered what that meant for the people who lived there since then. Perhaps it was better, though? She certainly didn’t want to ask Grace about it, but to her, a City was better than a dusty old village. But maybe it was because she had been raised in one all her life.

Though when he mentioned wanting her land followed by the fires, she nudged him. “Oliver! Don’t say that, I don’t know who that Maniac is, but I already worry enough about Wesley going there cause of all that, don’t go making it worse.” She said with a slight frown, though her annoyance was short lived as they started talking about food. “Oh, I don’t know, I’m sure if I wanted to I could make it taste like meat and you’d never know. But I don’t really remember what meat tastes like and I’m not going to do the extra research just to try and pull the wool over your eyes, Mr.Westhaven.” She said, sticking her tongue out at him.

Though as it usually did with Oliver, her annoyance returned once she had noticed what line they were in. “Stop playing dumb with me, I know you’re not an idiot Oliver. Even if I question it sometimes.” She huffed. They were already nearly at the front, but that wasn’t the point. “You know I’m afraid of heights.” Her irritation was usually felt, and trapped in line now, she turned away from Oliver. “I can’t believe you!”

But soon they were in the carriage, and she drew a deep breath as she sat down. She seemed slightly less irritated now, and she took a breath. “Oliver, if you shake this thing so help me I will never talk to you again.” She said nervously. This was just like last year, except this time she hadn’t taken a dare like an idiot, she had instead, walked right into it.
Belle
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.