Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 11:16 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 29

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was some scientific thing, that cloudy days made you feel gloomy. But for Cassie, it was a multitude of reasons that were floating around in her head. Normally, she'd be bringing Theo in for his weekly meeting with Robin, but today she had a test and she had needed to make sure she made it, as it cost quite a chunk of grade if she were to miss out on it. So she had once again reluctantly left Theodore with her father and called up Brandon.

She needed a couple of last minute things from the book, and at the moment he was the only one who had it. A coffee shop near campus they both liked was a good place to meet. She only hoped that he didn't mind too much, she still felt as if she were asking too much of him, although Brandon didn't seem to think so. Maybe it really was just her, she wasn't sure anymore. But the one thing she was sure of is that she didn't want to make him late as well, so she quickened her pace a little bit.

She had a lot more on her mind, because now that Ender knew about his son, she needed to worry about that too. She had promised she would give Theo the letter he had given to her, but it still sat in her Jacket, she still needed some time to process what had happened, and she hoped that didn't seem terrible or inhumane considering how long she had already kept Ender from Theodore.

But she tried to let that worry slip her mind as she entered the coffee shop, warm air mixing with the mildly chilly as she pushed through the door. She found Brandon quickly after that. Giving him a soft smile, she took the seat across from him. "Morning." She said, trying to dispel the fuzzy thoughts in her head. Brandon looked tired, not much of a morning person, and she chuckled. "You look more ready for 12 more hours of sleep than an English test."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 19th, Year 3 (Morning)
Outfit: Here
Weather: Cloudy
#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 03:40 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 36

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Brandon Greene
Spring 19, Year 3 • Too Early • Cloudy
"Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt"
user posted image

Brandon had agreed to meet up with Cassie before class so she could look over some things in their textbooks again before their test. He didn’t have a problem meeting up with her, but as he rolled out of bed that morning, he wished that their class started later than it did. Next semester he would stay with the afternoon classes.

He walked into the coffee shop and ordered a coffee with a shot of espresso. While he waited for Cassie, he sat on one of the armchairs in the cafe near the corner. He leaned back into the chair, taking a sip of coffee before closing his eyes.

He didn’t get to rest long before she heard Cassie’s voice in front of him. He sat up, opening his eyes and sticking his tongue out at her. “Is that anyway to be talking to the man helping you pass that English test today?” he teased taking another sip of coffee.

user posted image
"If you ask me, don't know where to start"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:12 PM

Cassie smiled kindly at Brandon. She felt bad waking him up so early when he was clearly ready to go back to bed, but here they were. She sat down beside him and gently nudged his shoulder with her own. "I don't know, how am I supposed to be talking to the man saving my hide this morning?" She asked with a gentle chuckle as she set her bag down after she had removed her notebook from it. She didn't really need to order a coffee, after all it was a 300G purchase she didn't need to make, but she found it alright since the smell of Coffee tended to rouse her anyway.

"So, I think today was the test on the Odyssey right? There were two things we were reading, so..." She slide the textbook from in front of him so she could skim through it. After a moment she sighed, running her hands through her hair. "Ask me to do some Calculus or something, Homer confuses me too much." She admitted, rubbing her temples. She really didn't like English as much as math, and the fact that she didn't have a text book didn't help.

"Do you think it's too late to drop out of college and strike it rich on accident?" She asked Brandon, looking up from the text book. "Something that doesn't involve ancient literature, or having to pay for textbooks I can't afford?" she leaned forward on the table. "You're better at this subject than I am Brandon, help me." she said with mock dramatics.

#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 12:34 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon gave her a teasing smile. “You should be singing my praises and bringing me offerings of food and alcohol, obviously,” he said with a chuckle. He sipped more from his coffee as she slid the textbook that he had left on the table in front of herself.

“Mhmm,” he mumbled when she asked what the test was on. His face scrunched up when she mentioned Calculus. “Ew, but you have to memorize all those different formulas and equations. English you can just read and tell people what you read.” Brandon hated maths. All he needed was the simple things like addition, subtraction and the likes.

“Does anyone actually strike it rich on accident?” he asked her teasingly. “I think you’d have to create something pretty awesome to make it rich enough to where you could drop out.” He looked at the book, pulling it towards him slightly before pushing back towards her again giving her a look. “You have waaaaaaaaay too much energy in the morning,” he said taking a sip of coffee again. “So, what’s tripping you up?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 05:28 PM

Cassie laughed when Brandon told her just how she should be thanking him. ”Oh, Brandon is the best, tomorrow I’ll have to get him a beer and two cheeseburgers. That is the offering right?” She asked teasingly.

He confirmed what the test was on, and she sighed, glancing at Brandon when he mentioned how much he disliked math. ”Math is great, Brandon. There are a lot of ways to memorize and do equations. Reading a book is easy but its not very fulfilling.” When he asked if anyone struck it rich on accident she shrugged.

”Oil companies?” She asked cautiously, though honestly she was unsure. ”Maybe they’ll pay me if I figure out a way to get you to pay attention.”

And she laughed when he mentioned her having too much energy. ”I’ve been raising a little boy, I’m in trouble if I dont have energy in the morning.” She said with a chuckle. She loved her son but he did tend to get her out of bed quite early. It was no matter though. But her mood faded slightly when in his own way, he asked if there was something wrong. ”It’s...complicated stuff. But it’ll work out.” She promised with a soft nod.

”But really Brandon, thank you. I would have had to drop this class if it hadn’t been for you. Is there anything I can do for you?” She asked softly.

(Mobile Post for Belle)
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:07 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon grinned. He was easily won over with food, and it was always a plus if there was alcohol involved. “See, now that sounds much better.”

He leaned closer to her as she said reading wasn’t fulfilling. "Maybe it’s not fulfilling to you cause you don’t have any imagination up here,” he said, giving her a light knock on the head before pulling away. Brandon had always favored the arts. It was easier for him, but that was probably thanks for growing up with musicians for parents and for foster parents. He wasn’t half bad at music himself, but for him, it was a hobby and not a lifestyle. He couldn’t help but laugh at her next comment. “Yeah, good luck with that. There are very few things in life that get me to pay attention.”

He took a sip of his coffee. “You can’t drop the class. Who else is gonna save me Maya when she’s being annoying?” he teased. “You could start with that cheeseburger,” he told. “Since now you got me all hungry.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 09:45 AM

"Brandon, I live with a seven year old, I'm in trouble if I don't have an imagination." She retorted when he gave her a possible reason as to why English as a subject seemed so dull to her. Though, she had to create several worlds for Theodore to enjoy, especially when it came to bedtime stories. "Though, I guess I'm not geared towards coming up with why everyone dies in Hamlet." Now Hamlet, that wasn't really a story for a seven year old at all. "If you have so much imagination, you tell me how you're supposed to phrase this in an essay question." She said, pointing a passage.

Maybe now wasn't the time, but she was only just registering how close they were to one another, the way she could feel the warmth of Brandon's body as he leaned over her shoulder to read the book. She could dare say she liked the feeling, but swallowed the thought to avoid an unwanted shade of pink to her cheeks. She chuckled when he told her there were few things that made him pay attention. "Hmm...I'll figure it out eventually." She promised him, even if she didn't know quite what that promise entailed.

"Oh come on, Maya isn't that bad, she's not the only girl on campus fawning over you either." She said with a chuckle. "There's got to be some type of Maya in one of your other classes." She said, a hint of curiosity to her voice. She sighed when he inquired about the food she had promised. "I don't know where to get a Cheeseburger at this hour, but I can offer...hmmm...a breakfast sandwich maybe? Sausage and Egg?"

#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 03:20 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

He leaned closer to her looking at the passage she had pointed out. It was one in regards to Athena asking her father Zeus to help Odysseus. He chuckled before leaning back slightly to look at her. “You picked an easy passage,” he said. “So your essay question could be ‘What role does Athena play in Odysseus story and why does she favor him over others?’” he stated easily. “You could also delve into her relationship with her father, Zeus, and Zeus’s relationship with Odysseus. Probably get a good five pages out of that alone.”

English was easy, it had multiple answers and multiple translations, all depending on how you looked at the story. Math was the opposite. There was one set answer and if you didn’t get that, you were wrong.

Brandon thought for a moment. He wasn’t sure really if he had any admirer’s in his other classes. If he did, they were keeping it a secret from him, or he was just obtuse. He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, maybe,” he told her. “Krystal in World History is kinda cute, but I think she might be seeing someone.” He leaned back against the armchair. “Breakfast sounds good. It’ll go with my lukewarm coffee,” he said with a grin.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 05:57 AM

Brandon knew a lot more about English than she did. She knew how it worked, yeah. But it very well wasn't her favorite subject in the entire world, either. Math was something different, it was something that she knew how to speak circles around, but English, trying to interpret what was meant by a blue set of curtains wasn't exactly her thing. She stayed next to him as he spoke to her about what she could make an essay question about. He was smart, and she felt a slight warmness in her cheeks as he did so. There was something about the intelligent way he sounded that made her feel almost a girlish timidness.

"Right, I suppose I can see what you're talking about." She said as she leaned a little closer to him in order to read the exact passage that she herself had pointed out. "I know it's a really loaded story, but I guess that I just have to think a little harder about it." She concluded with a gentle nod. "You're very smart when it comes to literature you know." realizing what it sounded like and how Brandon could tease her with it, she cleared her throat. "You are smart, I just meant...that in particular..."

She almost frowned when he mentioned Krystal from World History. The two of them didn't have that class together, and she couldn't really confirm if she was swooning over her like Maya in their English class was. For some reason it almost made her stomach upset. But she felt oddly relieved when he said he thought she might be seeing someone. "W-Well, that's good news for Maya, a least." She teased.

Rolling her eyes, he gave him a soft smile before getting up, making her way over to the counter and ordering two hot sandwiches and a coffee. And she found while waiting for them brought back the thoughts she had before she started talking to Brandon. When was she going to give Theodore that letter from Ender? How did she go about that in the first place? Thankfully, she didn't have long to dwell on it because the Sandwiches were made quickly. She smiled and thanked the server before taking them back over to the table and setting one in front of Brandon. "I hope that makes up for my misdeeds...and your lukewarm coffee." she said, giving his shoulder a playful nudge.

#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 07:43 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

He pushed the book slightly closer to her so she could see the passage herself. Classes where there wasn’t just one right answer came easier to Brandon. He could come to an answer that was technically correct without it being the answer the professor was looking for. He couldn’t help but chuckle at Cassie, bumping her lightly with his shoulder. “You can be good at math and I’ll be good at the books.”

He leaned back again as Cassie got up and walked to the counter, ordering some breakfast. Brandon could easily be won over with food. Maybe someone should have given his sister that memo, but at least the two of them were somewhat on a path towards reconciliation. He wasn’t sure where their relationship was headed, but hopefully they could work something out.

Cassie was back with the food before he knew it and he could smell the warm eggs before he even began to unwrap it. He took a bite before responding to her. “Mmm, that is much better,” he said. “You have been forgiven for waking me at such an ungodly hour,” he said with a grin.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 08:01 AM

When Brandon suggested that they be the best at either or, she laughed, liking the feel of his warmth when he leaned a little closer to her. "Fine, though ye' old English expert is going to have to help me through this class." She said with a chuckle. English Literature was not her strong point, but so long as Brandon was around she wasn't quite as frightened at the prospect of possible failure.

She made her way back to Brandon, handing him the sandwich and laughing when he 'forgave' her for her misdeeds. "I'm so glad I haven't done irreversible damage to our friendship." she commented, although she didn't take a bite of her Sandwich, instead looking down on it, the look on her face settling into a bit of a somber one. She stayed like that for a moment, before she swallowed her breath. "Brandon? This is going to sound like a weird question." She said, placing her sandwich down in front of her and looking at him. "Have you...ever felt like you've been doing the right thing for such a long time, only to find out that...well, it wasn't as right as you thought it was?"

#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:19 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon continued eating his sandwich, not focused on much other than filling his stomach with breakfasty goodness. He hadn’t even noticed Cassie wasn’t eating her own until she asked him a question. He sat down the remaining third of the sandwich he had left and looked up at her.

“You sound like my sister,” he said after he had swallowed his current bite. His sister had had the same mindset about abandoning him. She thought it had been the best course of action at the time, but if she had only talked to the people around her, she would have realized how wrong she was.

“Whatever it is, you should make up for it now. The longer you wait, the worse things can get and the harder it is to work through. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience on this one.”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:07 AM

She sounded like his sister?

She always wondered about that, if Brandon had any family left, but naturally, it wasn't something she asked. In the news, they said that the Greene's had two children, but after a while, one of them just seemed to...disappear without a trace. But he was talking about her in current phrases, so she supposed she was still alive. What she decided not to ask was why. Instead, she listened to Brandon as he spoke.

"Right...I...I know." She said finally, biting her lip. Ender had a right to be a parent, something she had deprived him of for such a long time, and even if she had good reasons, it wasn't fair of her. Ender was never a threat to their child, just to her heart. She swallowed a breath. "I guess the situation is just happening...you know, really quickly. I just...it's almost too much happening at once." she explained, sighing and smiling at him.

"But you're right, and you don't even know what I'm talking about." She said, holding her sandwich out to them, clear she wasn't very hungry. "How did you manage that one?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. She supposed it didn't matter, but she felt comforted by Brandon, and it was clear by the way she was sitting closer to him, something she normally avoided with most people. "Thank you. I'll take your advice."

#83c4ad
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 07:32 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

He nodded as she said it was all happening too quickly. He knew exactly how that was. He had the same experience years ago when his family died. When Hayden left. Everything had moved so quickly and everything changed in seconds. Life was slowing down for him now, but the past still loomed over him.

He finished off his sandwich, taking hers willingly when she offered it to him. He was like a garbage disposal and could eat enough for a whole family. “It’s an amazing superpower I have,” he said with a grin. “You’re welcome.” He knocked her with his shoulder. “So, you ready to go to class and ace this test?”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:25 AM

Brandon was different than many people she had made friends with in the past, but that wasn't exactly a bad thing. He was quite intuitive in the ways that she'd never expect, and fun to be around, a combination she hadn't witnessed in quite some time. He wasn't stuffy like some other university students, but he seemed to know how to handle general studies and subjects, like English.

"I'll give you this, you are pretty super." Cassie mentioned with a laugh. "But really, I think you're onto something and I'll give it a try." She nodded gently when he asked if she was ready to ace the test. "With someone like you to explain English literature to me, I'm not scared in the least." she promised, standing up and leading their way out of the shop.

#83c4ad
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.