GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
Summer 2, Year 3 • Late Morning • Sunny
"I'm gonna soak up the sun"
user posted image

Another festival had come and gone in the valley. Grace had a great time at the beach with Wesley, but even while having fun with him she had managed to notice the missing presence of her best friend. Grace knew something was going on with Finn. She was upset about Sawyer, they had talked about it only a few days ago. Grace needed to be sure Finn was doing okay.

She checked the cafe first. It was dark with the shades drawn, but Grace let herself in with her own key. It didn’t take long for Grace to notice that Finn wasn’t inside, so she locked up and headed to Lochapple Fields. It was a bit of a walk to Finn’s home, but she walked it fairly often so it didn’t bother her much. Grace loved Finn’s home. It reminded her of her own childhood home, since they had both grown up in Lochapple. Grace’s childhood home had been long abandoned and was falling into disrepair. It looked nothing like Finn’s home anymore.

Finally arriving to the front door, Grace knocked and waited, expecting Finn’s mom most likely to answer the door.

user posted image
"Gonna tell everyone to lighten up"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 26 2018, 12:07 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 2nduser posted imageLate Morninguser posted image 3user posted imageSunnyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#ea69d5

Any other morning, and their daughter would have been bustling about the house trying to figure out what work she needed to get done next. That was on any average day when she wasn't feeling down and out. Today, both her parents could tell that wasn't the case. Finn had yet to emerge fro her bedroom, and the faint sounds of the record player scratching along to the beat of a record hummed in the background. Lily looked towards the stairs in a concerned manner, hardly minding the handful of clothing in her arms as she tried to make out just what her daughter was listening to.

"....She listenin' t'Elvis?" she asked her husband, who was seated at the table reading a newspaper. He took a moment to lend an ear before going back to his paper. "Yep."

"Musta' been a doozy ofa' heartache then, last time she listened t'Elvis was three years ago when she got rejected from th' one college."

"If she'd stuck t'Sam she'd be out doin' stuff instead o' sadly listenin' to Hound Dog on repeat." Lily was about to tell her husband to take the judgement a little easier on their daughter when she heard a knock on the door. "Comin'!" she called, placing the clothes into a waiting bucket before walking over to their front door and unlatching it.

"Well, ain't ya'll a sight for sore eyes, Grace! It's been too long since we seen ya' up here!" Lillian said cheerfully, Dean looking up from his paper and offering only a nod to his daughter's childhood friend before going back to his paper. "Now ya' jus' wait here a moment darlin," Lily ducked inside for a moment, standing at the foot of the stairs. "Finn? Finn!" There was a silence and then a click of the door upstairs before Finnley appeared in the stairway. "Your friend is here t'see ya' darlin'." she offered, to which Finn shook her head.

"Tell em' t'go home ma'." she said before returning to her room. Lillian returned to the doorway with a smile on her face. "Come on in Grace, Finn's jus' upstairs, ya'll can go right up. And would ya' mind takin' this up t'her?" she asked, handing Grace a small bowl filled with an assortment of berries and melon pieces, indicating that Finnley probably hadn't eaten this morning. "If she's tried to lock it just jimmy it round' a lil' bit, that lock is bout' as good as junk." Lillian added. She knew if anyone would be able to bring their daughter out of a rut, it was Grace.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 29 2018, 05:09 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace heard Mrs. Hauser’s voice on the other side of the door before being met with her cheerful expression. Grace offered a warm smile in return. “Hello Mrs. Hauser. Mr. Hauser,” Grace said with a slight nod before Finn’s Pop went back to his paper. She waited patiently as Mrs. Hauser called up to Finn, hearing Finn’s voice faintly saying she didn’t want any company. Grace frowned slightly, but turned it into a small smile when Mrs. Hauser came back to the door.

“Of course Mrs. Hauser. I’ll make sure she eats something.” She offered a small smile and a pat on the arm before heading up the stairs. She knocked softly on Finn’s bedroom door. “Finn...it’s Grace.” She waited a moment before going for the doorknob. Mrs. Hauser was right, it was locked, but jiggling the handle around eventually caused it to come unlatched, and Grace found herself in Finn’s room.

“Hey, your ma sent me up with this,” she said, placing the bowl on the dresser before sitting on the bed next to Finn. “I didn’t see you at Echowind yesterday. Thought I’d stop by and check up on my favorite human. How are you feeling?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 31 2018, 05:20 AM

user posted image
user posted image Summer 2nduser posted imageLate Morninguser posted image 3user posted imageSunnyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#ea69d5

When Finn heard Grace at the door, she didn't move, rather she continued to stare out the skylight as if doing so would give her some sort of answer. She didn't shoo her away, but she didn't exactly invite her in either. No answer at all as she continued staring idly at the sky above her. she heard the doorknob jimmy around a bit before Grace finally entered, and with an exaggerated sigh, Finnley sat up on her bed.

"Dammit Grace, I gotta' lock for a reason--" she paused mid sentence when Grace put the bowl of fruits on the dresser, and after a moment of consideration, she reached over and claimed it, sitting the bowl in her lap and taking a small piece of Melon. Maybe she wasn't too hungry, but a bite probably wouldn't hurt either. She watched her best friend a little warily as she sat down on the bed, re-positioning herself and her bowl of fruit so she felt comfortable.

Listening to Grace's words, she sighed. "I can't even swim, so there's no real point of even goin' to that damn festival aside from givin' out m'ma's lemonade." she mentioned nonchalantly. She wasn't going to mention that she had laid in bed almost all of the previous day, which for Finn was quite unusual since she was usually bustling around doing something or the other. When Grace asked how she was feeling, she shrugged. "I feel fine. How else am I s'posed t'feel?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, as if feeling any other way was impossible despite the knot in her stomach telling her otherwise.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 12:54 PM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

It didn't take long to jimmy the door open and find herself in Finn's room. Finn wasn't too happy that Grace had pretty much broken into her room, but Grace just shook her head, closing the door behind her. "Yeah, and if I locked you outta my room, you'd have that lock picked in seconds," Grace retorted. She made herself comfortable before getting into the reason she was here. She was happy to see she was eating the fruit she brought up. No matter what was going on, Finn still needed to take care of herself properly.

Grace frowned slightly. She could tell when Finn was lying to her, and she hated that she didn't feel she could be honest with Grace. They had been best friends for years now, and she still wanted to shut out that side of her that showed emotion even though she knew Grace wouldn't judge her for any of it.

"You don't have to pretend you're fine," Grace said quietly. "Just a few days ago you were smashing cakes and crying to me about Sawyer. You don't just get over that in a matter of days." She moved closer to Finn. "You don't have to pretend it doesn't bother you, not to me. I just want to help, however you might need me to."

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 03:15 PM

Date: Thursday Summer 2nd, Year 3

Grace wasn’t really wrong. They had a sense for when something was wrong with one another, and had Finn thought something was wrong with Grace, a locked door probably wouldn’t have stopped her. In fact, a bobby pin and a few minutes was all Finn would need to break into her best friend’s place to figure out what was up. Her lock picking skills were something only known between herself and Grace, and she always hoped to keep it that way, because it wasn’t a set of skills that would be looked upon well with her folks.

She popped another piece of melon into her mouth as Grace observed her, and she didn’t like the feeling these days that everyone was looking out for her as if she was a child who didn’t know how to care for herself. Though maybe they were right to do so considering she hadn’t eaten much lately, pushing things around on a plate already filled so little with food.

She averted her gaze when Grace reminded her that she didn’t need to pretend when it came to her best friend, although despite that, Finnley felt that she did. She wasn’t used to being the weak one, falling over herself because some man had broken her heart. It was things you did in your teens, at least that was how she felt. Sawyer had been oddly special to her, despite the pretense of Friends with Benefits, she had let it get out of control, and her feelings had developed much faster than she knew how to handle them.

“I ain’t pretendin’, Grace.” She said finally, placing the bowl to the side and pulling her knees up to her chest. “I can’t let it bother me no more, cause’ the truth is he never had any feelins’ for me.” She said, struggling a bit with her words. “He’s gonna’ leave soon, find another town, more women, and in another season or two, he ain’t even gonna’ remember m’name.” she explained, glancing at her friend with a strangely obvious pain in her eyes. “So I can’t spend all my time cryin’ over someone who don’t care about me, who ain’t gonna’ care about me, y’get it?” she drew a deep breath and held it for a moment before giving a long sigh. “If I can’t get m’self back on m’feet then I’m lettin’ him know he hurt me real deep an’…I can’’t do that. I gotta try and make sure I’m okay.” She closed her eyes, finally turning her green gaze onto her friend. “Sides’, the beach fest was probably better for everyone without my mood ruinin’ things.” She added.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 03:03 PM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Finnley was one of the most stubborn people Grace knew. It could be frustrating sometimes, trying to get through to Finn, but Grace was not one to give up. She cared too much about Finn to walk away from this, and no way was she leaving until she was able to make Finn smile even if it was just a small one.

Grace slid closer to her friend, arms wrapping around Finn as she placed a gentle kiss on the side of her head. “And how is lockin’ yourself in your room, not talking to anyone helping that ‘gettin’ back on your feet plan?’” she asked, still not letting go of her friend. “I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; Sawyer is a damn fool and I’d be more than happy to feed him a poisoned pie for ya.” Grace wasn’t usually in the business of threatening people, but when someone hurt the people she loved, she was willing to make an exception.

She pulled away from Finn, still sitting on the bed. “Come on, let’s get you some real food, and do something together, yeah? Maybe take Sweetie out for a bit or maybe we can find a nice quiet place to chat and you can play your ukulele?” She really hoped that she could convince Finn to leave her room even for just a little bit. Seeing something other than these four walls had to cheer her up a little.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 02:15 PM

No matter what Finn did, it was never an easy task to hide anything from Grace. They had been friends since childhood, and there wasn’t much she could say that would get her friend off her back. But instead of protesting to the attention she was given when Grace wrapped her arms around her, she embraced her friend instead. “I’m doing things m’own way.” She muttered when Grace asked how her plan was holding up. “It’s m’pity party and I’ll end it when I wanna’.” It was a half-hearted joke, but it certainly fit Finnley.

She glanced up when Grace mentioned poisoned pies and she shook her head. “Come on now Grace, I’m s’posed to be the homicidal one outta’ the pair of us. Besides, once he leaves, I’ll just have to do the same thing that he’s gonna do, and forget im’.”

She wasn’t sure that she could.

She watched as Keegan strut through the open door, the cat hopping up onto the bed and brushing his body against Grace as she spoke of going outside, and it was clear Finn was a little bit hesitant. She didn’t know if she wanted to meet Sawyer somewhere by chance, considering she didn’t have to leave her room if she didn’t want to today, and it was a nice break to the normal, where she had to go to work and that risk was almost there. So why did she purposely find her way past the Inn every morning?

But, maybe getting out wouldn’t be so bad. “Maybe we can take the foxes out to the meadow. Rowdy and Ruff hadn’t had some time outta’ their enclosure in a while. And yeah, I’ll bring the Ukelele.” She said as she finally stood up, giving a good stretch. “Just gimme like five minutes to get ready.” She told Grace as she half-heartedly sifted through her drawer.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 09:44 AM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace worried about Finn. She had never seen her heartbroken before, and she wasn’t sure if Finn even knew how to handle these emotions. Usually Finn was the one helping Grace sort out her emotions. She grinned sheepishly when Finn chided her for her pie remark. “Well until you’re feeling up to holding up that torch, I’ll have to do it for you."

Keegan came through the door, rubbing against Grace. She reached over, giving him a gentle rub on the head as she spoke with Finn, trying to convince her to leave her room even for just a little while. She smiled when Finn agreed to go out for a little bit. “Perfect. I bet they’ll appreciate the time out as well!” She also hadn’t heard Finn play in a while, so it would be nice to listen to her play for a bit.

“Sorry, you can’t come too Keegan,” she said, still giving the cat gentle pats on the head. “How are the cats managing moving between here and the shop all the time?” she asked.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 03:51 PM

Finn still wasn’t sure she was up
To going out, but she supposed that it was better than sitting inside all day and feeling sorry for herself. Keegan seemed happy to get Grace’s attention while Finnley got up and went to find her Ukelele.

She found it and slung it around and secured the small thing on her back, and she chuckled when Grace told Keegan she wished he could come. “I don’t trust Rowdy and Ruff not t’eat em, sadly.” She mentioned.

She asked about how the cats were farinng, and she sighed. “It’s hard on em, I think. They ain’t gotta’ clue what’s goin on. But Happy is feelin’ depressed I think.” She mentioned with a sigh. “He just lays round’ on the couch all day, moves t’eat sometimes.” She crossed her arms with a sigh. “Anyway, let’s go get t’boys.”

She led Grace down towards their room, handing her a harness and opening the door. The two foxes piled out of the door, Ruff running up to Grace and pawing at her leg, the second person whom the fox trusted most, was naturally Grace. “Come on boys, settle down.” She said as she hooked the Harness around Rowdy. “Y’might be tired of it after yesterday, but how’s about we head to the beach?” She asked as she secured the harness.

Belle
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.