Posted: Apr 27 2018, 09:58 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

user posted image
Spring 20th Year 3
Outfit

Grant hurried out of the grocery store, trying to cover the paper bag the best he could from the heavy rain. Luckily the store wasn't too far from where he was heading. Honestly he wasn't so worried about the bag itself, but the contents within the bag. After all, the contents weren't for him.

The man quickly made his way inside the apartment building, heading to the same room he visited every few weeks. He couldn't remember how long he had been doing this, though it had been a few years for sure. It had just become routine at this point.

Grant had known Cassie since her first time attending the university, and his first year working at the library. She had visited quite often, and they had soon became friends. Then when Theo came around, Grant... Well, Grant became too invested in the two of them. In the aftermath of his divorce, he found solace in their friendship, and did all he could do to help her out. This included bringing her some groceries.

He pulled out one of the boxes in the bag before knocking on Cassie's apartment door. When she answered, he smiled and held up the box.

"I brought pretzel sticks!" he greeted her.

Tanuki
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 06:21 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mom look at how hard it's raining!" Theodore called from the corner of their dingy living room, staring out the window and watching the droplets fly past with the stuffed hedgehog he coveted resting in his hands. Cassie was cutting up some fruit in the kitchen, and stopped to glance out the window. She had work tonight, so she was making sure that Theodore had plenty of fresh fruits to snack on while she was out tonight. "I know Theo, I'm sorry we couldn't go out today, but we'll try and do it next Saturday." she assured him.

She really hated leaving Theo alone at night, but it would pay for Therapy that he needed. While she still wasn't too sure what to do about Ender, she would need to worry about it later. She heard Theo patter into the kitchen and pull up a chair. She knew he never liked to be alone for that long. "Is Grandpa coming tonight?" he asked hesitantly, and Cassie paused in chopping to take a deep breath. She knew that Theo was aware his Grandfather didn't like him that much. Louis always told her that her son looked too much like the miscreant that had ruined her chances at having a good life.

But she did have a good life.

"Yes,Sweetheart. I wish I could find someone else to leave you with but I'm leaving you everything you need." Theodore pouted slightly. "But I don't want to stay with Grandpa!" Theo cried, Cassie frowning as she turned to face him. "Theo--" there was a knock on the door and she paused in her words, looking at her son once more before heading to check who was at the door through the peek hole.

Grant! Someone she knew quite well, she had gotten to know Grant while attending university as he was the head of the Library where she often spent time. Grant had quickly taken a liking to herself and her son, and it was just the thing to Cheer Theo up. She opened the door and smiled when he greeted her. "Grant, it's great to see you, come in please!" she said, not willing to leave any guest in that hallway for too long. Theo perked up immediately. "Mr.Burr!" he called from his chair, waving frantically. Cassie shut the door behind them. "What brings you here today Grant? Aside from Pretzels." Cassie asked as she set aside the chopped fruit.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Pocomoke
Date: Spring 20th
Outfit: Here
Weather: Rainy
#83c4ad
PM
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 04:24 PM

user posted image

Grant returned Theo's enthusiastic wave with one of his own. He loved seeing the little guy. Perhaps it was because he had known the boy since he was born, but it made him happy to see him every once in a while. He knew Gabriella liked hanging with him as well, even though she was a couple years older than him.

"What brings you here today Grant? Aside from Pretzels."

"Just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing." Grant said as he walked over to the kitchen and placed the bag of groceries over on the counter. "Don't eat them until after dinner." he warned Theo as he tossed the box of pretzel sticks over in his direction. With a grin, he turned back to Cassie.

"How is university going? You're almost done right?" he asked her. He couldn't remember the last time he saw her on campus, but it had to be somewhat recently, right? His memory was getting the best of him.

Tanuki
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 04:12 AM

Cassie had not been used to someone like Grant in their life as of late. She knew quite a few different kinds of people, but Grant was always looking out for herself and for Theo, and it wasn't the first time that the man had stopped by with groceries for them. Even if it was just Theo's favorite snack, they were certainly not short on it with him around. "Oh we're doing okay," she promised as he mentioned he was there to see how they were doing.

Actually, she wasn't too sure she would have known where to begin if it came to how she was really feeling. It was a bit of a storm in her heart at the moment, with Ender back in her life and fully aware of their son who didn't even know his father lived in the same city. But to anyone, she looked okay, if not just a little tired from her new late shifts.

She watched as he tossed Theo the box of pretzels, and he smiled wide when he caught them, looking to his mom. "You can have some later." she promised, looking back at Grant. "Oh yeah, just another Semester or so, and then it's done and I can work on student teaching." she said cheerfully,seeming excited about the prospect of living her dream. "I've heard they need teachers in the Valley, but I haven't gotten to look into it yet." she admitted, and now that she had other business to attend to, she didn't know if she could move to the Valley after all. "and how's Gabriella doing?" she asked, curious about the young girl since she last saw her.

#83c4ad
PM
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 1 2018, 10:23 PM

user posted image

Grant nodded along as Cassie talked about how she was doing. He could only imagine how hard it was to raise a kid and trying to finish school, alone at least. The man was lucky that he had his wife at the time to help him while he completed his college courses. Who knows what would have happened if he didn't.

"Really? I thought their school closed down. I'm surprised they would try to reopen it, especially with those fires going on," Grant commented when Cassie mentioned there being teacher positions open in the valley. Last he had heard there were no plans on reopening it, at least not any time soon.

"Gabriella is doing alright. She's excited to come back for Summer, at least that is what she said over the phone," he explained. His daughter sounded excited, so he had to believe her.

He was so happy she wasn't a teen yet.

"So what are you guy's plan for today? Too bad you can't go outside and play, Theo," he asked the two of them. He was sure the boy didn't want to spend his day sitting inside an old apartment building.

Tanuki
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 2 2018, 07:31 AM

"I know that Ioana has a temporary school right now, and rightly so I think. It seems like it would be impossible for those kids to go back and forth every day. I'm not sure about a real school," she admitted sheepishly. "But those kids do need to learn math, and it's a start. It's hard to get a teaching job here in Westhaven." she admitted, especially student teaching.

She was interested in hearing what Gabriella had been up to since the last time Cassie had seen the young girl. She was quite a few years older than Theodore, but Theo was pretty mature for his age which made hanging out with older kids easier for him. He liked playing pretend, but he could also play games older kids deemed "mature", so Cassie was never too worried about him keeping Gabriella entertained when she was about.

"I'm glad she's excited. Theo you like Gabriella right?" she asked, looking at Theo who nodded, a pretzel stick shoved in his mouth in a not so conspicuous fashion causing Cassie to laugh. He chewed and swallowed, waiting for a minute, but when his mother didn't reprimand him, he spoke. "I like Gabby, she's fun!" he answered, nodding to Grant as if to give his words actual assurance.

When Grant asked what they were going to do, the boy frowned. "I can't go outside and mom is going to work. I have to stay with Grandpa." he sounded both disappointed and mildly annoyed, and Cassie sighed. "I've had some extra expenses lately, so I've had to pick up another job. My father was the only one available to watch Theo here tonight while I'm out." She explained to Grant.

#83c4ad
PM
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 4 2018, 10:55 AM

user posted image

Grant was happy to hear that Theo enjoyed hanging out with Gabriella. He did seem mature for someone his age, so he wasn't surprised that the boy was able to keep up with the preteen. It gave her a friend while she was visiting him during her seasonal breaks, something that the man often worried about. Though Gabriella never had issues making friends with the most random of strangers anyway.

When Cassie explained Theo's babysitting situation, he could see that the boy was disappointed. Guess he wasn't too happy about having to spend the evening with the man.

"I can always watch him, if you don't mind that is," Grant suggested before thinking about it too much. "Honestly I was just planning on spending the rest of my day in a book, so this sounds more interesting," he added. He wasn't lying, as that was how he was spending the rest of his evening. Everything was already prepared for Gabriella to arrive next season.

Tanuki
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 5 2018, 08:49 AM

Theo didn't really like spending time with his Grandpa, and although the man was in fact her father, Cassie understood the reason perfectly well, because it wasn't like he had treated her any better since she had supposedly thrown her whole future away for Theodore. What the man hadn't understood was that Theodore was her future whether he liked it or not. Sure, he had attempted to "mend" with her since her mother had left him, but that didn't undo the damage he had already done, and it wasn't like Theodore wasn't aware how poorly his relationship with his Grandfather fared, just for being born.

Grant said he could watch Theo until she came home from work, and Cassie stammered. "O-Oh, I don't know, I do get home quite late, I wouldn't want to trouble you--" Theodore however hopped out of his seat, clearly excited. "Would you really be able to watch me, Mr. Burr?!" Theodore asked excitedly. Somehow, Cassie knew it would be impossible to get the boy to stay with Louis now. "Theo..." Her son turned to her, a pleading look on his face. "Please, mom? I don't wanna go to Grandpa's." He said, and it was something about the look in his eyes that made it impossible for Cassie to refuse the help. She glanced back at Grant. "If you wouldn't mind Grant, then it would be a huge relief to know he's under good watch tonight."

#83c4ad
PM
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 6 2018, 09:18 PM

user posted image

He was probably making things difficult by offering to watch Theo, but he really didn't mind. After all, Grant had known the boy since he was born. He was a good kid, with a good heart. While Cassie's circumstances weren't the best, Grant felt like she still raised him good.

"If you wouldn't mind Grant, then it would be a huge relief to know he's under good watch tonight." Cassie said after her and her son's small debate. The man nodded back in response.

"Of course, I love getting to spend time with Theo." Grant said, walking over to the boy and ruffled his hair. "Right, Theo?"

"Though don't be surprised if there's a giant fort in your apartment when you come home." he half joked.

Tanuki
PMEmailWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 7 2018, 04:00 PM

She really was happy about Grant offering to watch Theo. Having a preteen girl, he was experienced with Children himself, and though her father was too, there was always a clear problem whenever she left Theo there. And if Theo despised it so much, she'd rather take an option he would love, too. She nodded. "That's perfect, I'll call my father and let him know someone else is going to watch Theo tonight." she said happily.

Theo jumped up from his chair. "Yes!!" he said cheerfully as Grant ruffled his brown locks. Cassie smiled softly, laughing when he mentioned there may be a giant fort upon her return. "Yeah, and I'll get Rocksanne to protect it for us!" her son said, referring to his pet rock with the googly eyes. Cassie smiled, then looked to Grant. "Would you like to join us for dinner? it should be ready shortly and you came all this way."

#83c4ad
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.