Pocomoke
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 10:00 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

Spring 3rd Y3
Outfit

It was the first day back to work for Grant. He had just came back from sending his daughter back on the train home to her mother. The time after she left was always sad, especially since this time he only got to see her for a little over a week. Fortunately the next time Gabriella would be visiting would be for Summer, and the two could take their father-daughter camping trip.

Grant tried to push his thoughts of his daughter into the back of his mind and instead focused on work. He continued to push his cart of books, placing them back in their proper spots. Stupid college kids leaving their books where ever they pleased. At least most of the patrons that were in today were organized with their stacks. Most people who were in the library at this day and time were trying to get ahead, or just reading for fun. Grant's kind of people.

The man actually accidentally bumped into one of these people as he was pushing the cart. He didn't even notice the man sitting down and reading until right before it was about to happen. As soon as he did, Grant put out an arm towards him as if that would do anything.

"Sorry man, didn't see ya there." he apologized. The man looked familiar, but Grant couldn't place where from. Most likely the library, since that was the only place he really went. He probably came to the place often too.

"Hey, have I met you before?" the librarian decided to ask. Didn't hurt to ask.

HatterHare
PMEmailWebsite
^
HatterHare
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:49 AM

Hatter

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 3

Rep: 0 pts

Spring 3 Y3

It hadn't been too long since Skylar had left the city of Westhaven but he could definitely say that he didn't miss the hustle and bustle of city life. He had taken the ride out to visit his brother, Zack, only to forget that he was in class and wouldn't be out until much later in the day. Not wanting to make his treck out of Ioana worthless, Skylar decided to hit up his favorite place when he was a student. The library.

Walking through the aisles of the library made him feel so calm and welcomed, sliding his finger against the spines of multiple books as he passed. Skylar didn't have a specific book in mind to search for so he took his time walking around until he saw a cute little book wedged between two very old and heavy looking books. Slowly propping it out, he sat down in the aisle and began to absorb everything about it.

Then the cold steel of..something pushed into his arm. Looking up, he saw a familiar face and Skylar couldn't help but smile.

"Sorry man, didn't see ya there." He was still as nice as he always was.

Skylar stood up, using the cart to pull himself out of his crosslegged position on the floor. "It's OK. It's my fault for sitting on the floor. Should've gone to a table like everyone else does."

"Hey, have I met you before?" Of course he wouldn't know Skylar by name with how many college students come in here to study.

Skylar scratched the back of his head. "I-ugh used to be a student at the university. Just graduated in the winter season." He tried to look for a nametag on the guy's shirt but couldn't see anything to indicate the man's name. "I'm Skylar. Skylar Lance. It's nice to officially meet you, sir." He extended out his hand with the book still open. "Oh, wait. Wrong hand." he switched it to the other, hoping he hadn't put any sweat on his palm.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:45 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

"I-ugh used to be a student at the university. Just graduated in the winter season." the man explained to him. That was why he looked familiar to him. The university was a decent sized college, but only a handful of students hung out at the library on a daily basis. Grant was sure that this man had been one of them.

"I'm Skylar. Skylar Lance. It's nice to officially meet you, sir. Oh, wait. Wrong hand." he introduced himself, first holding out the hand that contained his book, then switching for his free hand. Grant laughed before offering out his own hand as well.

"Grant Burr, local librarian. Same to you as well." Grant introduced himself. He took a moment to look over the cover at the book that Skylar had been reading. The man recognized it as one he had read only a few weeks ago.

"Owls? Interesting read." Grant commented, pulling information that he recalled reading. "Did you know a group of owls is called a parliament? They also are almost impossible to hear when flying. Imagine a parliament of owls flying towards you. Terrifying, right?" he began to ramble, but quickly stopped. Skylar probably already knew that since he was reading that book.

Good going, man.

HatterHare
PMEmailWebsite
^
HatterHare
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 01:47 PM

Hatter

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 3

Rep: 0 pts

Spring 3 Y3

Grant struck Skylar as a man that took pride in his work and that was in plain sight as soon as he noticed him trying to take a peak at what he was reading. Skylar pulled the book closer to him out of relax but wasn't fast enough. Grant was able to see the subject of the book and gave him a quick, "fun" fact about owls."Did you know a group of owls is called a parliament? They also are almost impossible to hear when flying. Imagine a parliament of owls flying towards you. Terrifying, right?" "Fun" may not be the best way to describe learning about a mute parliament of owls flying at him with their sharp talons and beaks that could rip through the flesh of their next victim...but it was all in good fun right?

Skylar chuckled nervously, not really knowing how to react to Grant. "I...didn't know that." Maybe now would be a good time to come up with another topic. "Do you have any," he lowered his voice. "...cookbooks? I'm worthless in the kitchen."

That might not have been the best way to word this but Skylar knew how much of a wreck he was in the kitchen. Heck, the poor guy didn't even know how to tell if water was boiling! He thought that maybe, just maybe, if he were to read about cooking instead of just go off of what he watched his younger brother do in the past that it MIGHT sink in better. Eventually, he would have to pick up a knife and saute some mushrooms in a pan but he could try to delay it as long as he could.

"If you know anything about cooking yourself, I would really like some advice." As long as they don't involve owls and murder.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.