Chicken

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 15

Rep: 1 pts

Date: Spring 22, Y1
Day: Friday
Time: Around 3 PM
Tags: Penny

Nova was walking her two dogs Skop and Kipcha. She trusted her dogs not to lead her anywhere dangerous, after all, she had, had Skop for a really long time. Kipcha was a newer addition to the family, that she had gotten after visiting the city for a bit of shopping. Like Skop, Kipcha had been a stray and she had taken in the dog. Like with Skop, she had taken the dog to a breeder to see what type of dog she was. The breeder had told her it was a cross between a labrador retriever and an Alaskan malamute. To her it was a bit weird that she had two dogs that were mixed breeds.

A sudden tongue on Kipcha's leash snapped her out of her thoughts and before she knew what was happened, Kipcha had pulled her leash from her owners hand and had run off. She had tried to lung for the leash, but being blind meant she didn't exactly know where the leash was. All that happened was that she ended up on her knees. Wincing, she picked herself up and made sure Skop was still with her. Skop being the older of the two dogs was more behaved than Kipcha and usually stuck by his owners side.

Muttering after her breath she headed off in the direction that she thought Kipcha had gone off in. She made sure to keep a tight grip on Skops leash; in case, he decided to try and run. When Skop suddenly stopped she stumbled in surprise, nearly tripping over him but regained her balance before she could fall. "Skop what is it? Do you hear or smell something?" she asked the canine. Being blind meant she had better hearing and sense of smell than most people, but it still wasn't as sensitive as a dogs.
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Oct 21 2015, 05:39 AM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Penelope L. Pippin
FRIDAY SPRING 22, YEAR ONE • AFTERNOON • SUNNY • OUTFIT SOON
"Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics."

Walking through the meadows would never cease to soothe Penny’s unruly spirit. It was relaxing, especially after what had been a tedious week at work.

Normally, Penny wouldn’t have the option to walk about the meadows on a Friday. Fridays were the days where Penny would take the train to Westhaven and do all of the tasks her family needed doing there, but this week she’d pawned that chore off to her brother. Or at least, Penny thought she’d pawned that chore off to her brother. He’d wanted to go, to take his girlfriend to the museum there. On the way back from the museum, the two would get all of the groceries needed for the week.

So, Penny spent the day doing what she wanted to. Which, wasn’t much. Penny had just taken delight in the littler things in life, like sleeping in later than usual, trailing around the streets doing the sparsest amount of window-shopping, and then going for afternoon tea in a cute little café that had opened up recently. Now, she’d taken to a nature walk, heading up the farmer trails to find a spot where the sun shone down brightly. There, she sat down, opened a book, and began to read.

An hour passed by with no distractions. Though Summer was fast approaching, the good news was that the weather wasn’t quite warm enough to cause a flurry of wasps and other undesirable insects to flood the meadows. Penny sat in peace.

That was, until Penny heard a commotion. Over the hill, the noise of footsteps had gradually increased until they were indubitably audible and told Penny that somebody was approaching. But the woman hadn’t even looked up until she heard the pounding of feet on the ground, and the distinct panting of a dog.

Whoever’s dog it was, it charged right for Penny, but she wasn’t fazed. Penny rather liked dogs. They were loyal creatures, and though she’d never had one, Penny liked that shame trait of loyalty.

Penny petted the dog who sat happily beside her. With curious eyes, she watched its owner, wondering whether she'd been spotted yet or not.
PMWebsite
^
Sand
 Posted: Oct 26 2015, 10:34 AM

Chicken

Nova Anderson

OOC: Sorry it's so short

Nova heard her dog let out a small bark and before she could catch her breath, he began to lead her in the direction Kipcha had disappeared in. Skop knew Kipcha had run over to Penny, so he was leading his master towards the blonde woman. Since she could now hear the sound of Kipcha panting, she told Skop to heel and continued making her way over to Kipcha and Penny.

Despite being blind, she could tell that Penny was there by using her other senses. She hoped Kipcha wasn't bothering the person. "Kipcha, I've told you many times not to run off," she told her dog sternly before looking in the direction she thought Penny was in. "I hope she isn't bothering you, she still kind of a puppy, so she still has a bit of trouble following orders," she said, wringing her hands nervously.

Though most people wouldn't realize she was shy or timid from the way she spoke, she still had nervous habits that could easily give her away. She wasn't sure who the woman was, but she supposed it would be a good idea for them to get introductions out of the way. "Anyway my name is Nova Anderson and this is Skop and Kipcha," she said pointing to each dog, as she introduced them.

PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Oct 26 2015, 10:03 PM

user posted image

Penelope L. Pippin
FRIDAY SPRING 22, YEAR ONE • AFTERNOON • SUNNY • OUTFIT SOON
"Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics."

Penny was in a good mood. She sat patiently by the stray dog, not even mildly berating the approaching woman for letting her dog run freely across the meadows. Penny didn’t think it was much of an issue, anyway.

“Kipcha, I’ve told you many times not to run off,”

Kipcha – so that was the dog’s name. It was nice, unique and one that Penny hadn’t heard before. Plus, looking down at the dog, it seemed to fit.

“No, it’s fine,” Penny responded, cool, calm, and collected.

She stood up, stretched, and beckoned for the dog to run back to its owner.

“I understand… sort of,” she replied. Penny didn’t have a dog. She’d never had a puppy. She didn’t really understand at all. “Just... I don’t know, if he can’t be trusted to stay by your side, keep him on a leash? There’s probably some loser in town who gets freaked out by dogs, I don’t know.”

Luckily, Penny wasn’t a loser. Dogs didn’t freak her out.

"Anyway my name is Nova Anderson and this is Skop and Kipcha,"

“Penelope Pippin,” Penny replied. “You might know me, then again, you might not. Town secretary ring any bells? I haven’t seen you before, so I’m gonna go ahead and say you’re either new here or some kind of hermit. Am I right?”
PMWebsite
^
Sand
 Posted: Nov 20 2015, 06:39 PM

Chicken

Nova Anderson

“No, it’s fine,” Nova smiled when she heard the woman's comment. It was good that the woman before her wasn't angry. She really didn't like to make people mad; even though, she could sometimes offend people with her general way of speaking. It wasn't like she necessarily tried to offend people, she was just a shy person that didn't know how to deal with her shyness.

“I understand… sort of,” the sound of the woman's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and she listened to what the woman had to. Since we he knew the woman had more to say, she waited for her to resume speaking. “Just... I don’t know, if he can’t be trusted to stay by your side, keep him on a leash? There’s probably some loser in town who gets freaked out by dogs, I don’t know.” Amusement flooded her when she heard Penny speaking, the part that amused her was that Penny kept calling Kipcha a male.

"Kipcha's a female, but Skopje is a male. Skopje actually isn't really that old either, but he is usually stuck to my side. Yes, I suppose I should start clipping a leash onto Kipcha's collar. At least until she is fully trained," the blind girl commented.

“Penelope Pippin,”

"That's a nice name," she commented. Her parents had taught her how to have manners, the only thing she really didn't do, was shake hands. It was just kind of hard for her to do, being blind and all. “You might know me, then again, you might not. Town secretary ring any bells? I haven’t seen you before, so I’m gonna go ahead and say you’re either new here or some kind of hermit. Am I right?” The sound of the woman's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and she listened to what the woman had to say.

"Hmmm....the secretary. I've heard people talking about you, but we haven't had a chance to meet. I've lived here for about a year. I've lived in the inn since coming here."
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 05:32 PM

user posted image

Penelope L. Pippin
FRIDAY SPRING 22, YEAR ONE • AFTERNOON • SUNNY • OUTFIT Sandy Claws
"Drown in the drowsy afternoon, in the green grass where yellow flowers bloom"

Penny laughed at the mention of people talking about her.

“Oh yeah?”
she cut in, finding great amusement in knowing she was infamous around Ioana. “Bet you’ve heard some pretty unsavoury things about me then, huh?”

After all, Penny’s reputation preceded her. Cold-hearted bitch who had a tongue sharper than a sword and wasn’t afraid to demonstrate its power, either. It was an accurate reputation.

The small talk wasn’t appealing to Penny. She was a narcissist, didn’t really care about what other people had to say unless it was something that either concerned her or appealed to her. Still, she nodded at what Nova had to say. Penny was in a good mood, and that reflected in her smile.

“The Inn’s a bit… run-down. Have you considered buying any property?”

Aaaaand out came her persuasive side, hoping to coax somebody else into buying their own little piece of Ioana. Somebody else, who Penny was sure wasn’t a city loser trying to wash away Ioana and all of its history and residents.

“You said that you’ve lived here for about a year, right? Surely that means you’re looking to stay longer? It’d be a lot more financially-advisable to then buy your own house, say a little bungalow, plus then you’re free to do it up and make it pretty. It’s just a better idea, don't you agree?”
PMWebsite
^
Sand
 Posted: Dec 31 2015, 09:27 PM

Chicken

Nova Anderson

Tags: Penny Ethereal

“Oh yeah? Bet you’ve heard some pretty unsavoury things about me then, huh?” Nova heard the woman's question but waited for her to continue, figuring she had more to say. She didn't have a long wait to get her answer; since, Penny continued speaking. Once she had finished speaking, she paused to think about her response. She had heart a lot of negative things about Penny, but she wasn't the type to judge someone before she met them. Despite her upbringing, she didn't really put much stock into gossip and usually just ignored the typical gossip.

"You could say that but I'm not a really big fan of gossip, and I never judge a person before I've met them. People would probably tell you I'm cold or something like that," she said, with a shrug. She could be blunt when speaking to others, but she didn't mean anything by it. Most people didn't know this about her, but she actually quite shy. Not being able to deal with her shyness, she often lashed out at people, without really meaning to. However, on a good day, she could actually be quite pleasant. In a way, she was just trying to be a little more friendlier to people.

“The Inn’s a bit… run-down. Have you considered buying any property?” The question wasn't one she really liked, and she refrained from wincing. Living in the inn was good enough for her, but it wasn't the real reason she had yet to buy a house. She had enough money to buy herself a house, but being blind made her wary of getting a house. She would only have to get use to a new layout, which was something she hated. She didn't want to talk about her blindness though, so she decided to just tell half the truth.

"The inn isn't that bad," she said, hoping she would just let the subject drop. However it seemed as fate would have it, Penny wasn't going to let the subject drop. “You said that you’ve lived here for about a year, right? Surely that means you’re looking to stay longer? It’d be a lot more financially-advisable to then buy your own house, say a little bungalow, plus then you’re free to do it up and make it pretty. It’s just a better idea, don't you agree?” Hearing the question, she frowned and turned her head away from Penny. She really wished the woman had just let the subject drop, now she didn't see anyway of keeping her blindness hidden.

"What's the point? I do plan on living her longer, but owning my own place probably isn't the best idea," she said, with a bitter laugh. "I'm blind, so living on my own would be pretty hard. I was born blind, but I'm kind of headstrong. I guess I could find a roommate, but I'm not a big fan of people worrying over me. At least by living in the inn, I have some freedom, " she said, turning her heard towards Penny. "Than again, maybe I'm just being a downer,"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.