Posted: Sep 27 2016, 09:31 AM

O is my berry <3

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 30

Rep: 20 pts

Hannah Summers
user posted image
Outfit x 6th Summer x Late Afternoon x Tag: Aofie

Did Hannah know what she was going to do today?

Nope.

Was it going to be hella worth it?

Possibly.

Was it going to be adventurous?

Most likely?

Law Breaking?

Probably

Whatever the case, it was going to be something Hannah would proudly boast about when she returned to Oak. Anybody defy her of her pride will get it.
As Hannah traversed along the dirt path with a light skip to her step, her golden brown eyes examined the area for anything potentially interesting. She could explore and possibly wreak havoc in the town, but what was the fun of that when almost everyone knew who her older sister was?

Her older sister wasn't so much a pushover now. She had grown a bit of a back bone and began to argue back to her sister whenever Hannah tried to attempt new things. It was driving Hannah crazy. She loved her sister, but now her sister was much sterner and it was all because of this crazy idea to change into something better. She was better before, why try and improve it? Now she had gone down hill.

Clicking her tongue, Hannah just pushed her hands to a nearby tree in frustration and froze on the spot when she caught sight of a small trail that seemed to lead down towards the distance. It looked well used and that piqued at her curiosity.

There must be something down there. Something well-hidden away from the naked eye. Pushing through some bushes and ignoring the scrapes on her legs, Hannah proceeded down the path. There had to be something interesting. It was a woodland trail after all.
Making her way through the trees with the same light skip, her backpack straps flailing about on both sides of her with each small hop.

Pausing near a tree, Hannah glanced around it and her eyes widened at the sight ahead.
There was a cave! A genuine cave nearby. Was there any warning tape? Looking around, Hannah pouted. Nope. No tape to say the cave was unsafe. Nothing like a little bit of adrenaline to get the blood pumping. It was a hot day anyway so staying in a cave would be a great way to avoid the heat. It looked well used so it was sturdy anyway.

As she approached it, Hannah glanced around before running her fingers around the mouth of it.
Maybe she could find some expensive rocks and sell them for a high price! Just imagine her sisters awe when she saw Hannah come home with a load of gold.

Gold just for her.

Hannah's smile widened. All that gold just sitting inside this cave!
PMEmail
^
Aofie
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 12:04 AM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

Meditation. Exercise. Petting a furry animal.

Just a few things his Therapist had suggested for his crippling anxiety and bouts of depression. There were also weirder things on the list like; eat spicy food, write angry letters and do not send them, put a Santa hat on the corner of your television and laugh every time someone wears it. Yes. Those were all great things, but none that really piqued his interest or caught his eye.

He was still starting out with this whole 'self soothing strategies' ordeal. So he figured he'd be ordinary and go with one of the more classic ways to relive stress and the constant feeling of impending doom. Something manly.

Hiking.

Why not right? it was kind of like meditation and exercise both at the same time, so essentially killing two birds with one stone? Except he was out here in the middle of nowhere to get away from the thoughts of death the played continuously on the silver screen on his scared and battered military mind. War was awful stuff you know? It could really make a person delusion.

He didn't use a walking stick like some of those fancy hiking guys in the movies. Nor did he have a cool backpack. He came tragically unprepared really, like he often was for most things. Just Ender, attempting to immerse himself in some good old nature. The silence was soothing, but all this walking was getting old fast. He was too paranoid to put headphone on and listen to music. That was how you got jumped, and being a city boy he knew that fear all too well. He hadn't considered that he was likely very alone out here, and the chances of being mugged by a squirrel were slim.

So humming it would have to be. The song he picked was nonsense really, hardly a tune at all. It was more just bits and pieces of different things he heard on the radio or on tv in the past that he just couldn't seem to shake. A medley of things. The cop walked along the path for a while, kicking every rock that fate had laid in his passage. Soon, he even began to go out of his way to kick larger rocks that looked like they'd be fun to send sailing through the air. Before long he had strayed off the clear path, and was trudging through the bushes. He was so focused on his mission to propel every ill-fated stone to its new resting place, that it didn't take very long for him to get lost.

Oops.

When he looked up he didn't see much really. Mostly trees. Bushes. Some rocks that he wasn't sure if he kicked just yet. Upon further inspection and a little more walking he came to a opening. A cave? Bears lived in caves from what he knew, so this was probably a bad idea. Suddenly that tension he was supposed to be forgetting about started to bubble in the pit of his stomach. As he continued to wander closer to the mouth of the fortress his eyes narrowed to study some movement up ahead.

A bear? No. A raccoon? No... too small. A recluse? Maybe?

Whatever it was, it was human in gait and looked to be much smaller than he was and not very threatening. There was basically a fifty percent chance he had found the missing link and was glaring at the back side of big foot right now. Not wanting to startle whatever it was dabbling around in there he decided to alert if of his presence. Worst came to worst he could handle himself for the most part, and as stated before he seemed to have the upper hand in size.

"Uh... Hello?" The cop called out somewhat cautiously. You know, just in case.

Rii
PMWebsite
^
Rii
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 07:07 AM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

She was drawing closer to the cave, her hands scoring the rock mouth and feeling the damp and cold stone. It was so slimy to her touch, a clear indication there could be water down there or something more. It could also just be moss that had taken some water from the previous rainfall or condensation. Hannah knew she'd get scolded profusely by her sister if she was caught snooping away by a cave that was god-knows what? Years and years old?

It was like time stood still as Hannah took her first step in.
"A small step for Hannah, a big step for ambition!" She hissed silently to herself. With another step in, Hannah could feel the temperature change from the heat to a cool (nearly cold) atmosphere.

As she was about to enter, a voice called out behind her.
A seemingly, hesitant if-not-cautious "Uh... Hello?" Pausing and turning her head behind her, the shout seemed to echo past her ad around her. Enveloping her in this voice. Standing there puzzled, the young girl whipped her gaze to the cave around.

Now, that voice sounded cautious and part of it sounded to come from behind her.
A sly smirk crawled across her face and she took a deep breath. Slipping off her bag and dropping it at the entrance, she knelt down and rifled through it. Pulling out some fake coins that sat in the bottom of her bag, Hannah threw them into the cave and instantly zipped up her bag.
"OH DRAT!" She cried out in desperation. "I LOST MY MONEY INTO THE CAVE!" Hannah lifted her gaze towards the direction of the cry.
"Can you help me!?"

PMEmail
^
Aofie
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 09:03 PM

Savage.

There was a faint jingling in the distance. It sounded faintly like bells? Perhaps not? He wasn't too sure from where he was standing the kind of noise he'd just overheard. His eyes narrowed as he looked onward. What was the suspicious figure up to?

"OH DRAT!" He nearly toppled over from the fright. He hadn't expected whatever it was to call out so suddenly. "I LOST MY MONEY INTO THE CAVE!" Even through the shock, there was some relief to be had. The voice sounded young, and it sounded feminine in nature. Was this a child up ahead? A child in need? Without a conscious thought he was on the move. Maybe it was his paternal instincts getting the best of him, but whatever was possessing him in that moment he knew one thing, and that was that the voice that had exclaimed sounded desperate.

"Can you help me!?"

He quickened his pace until he was standing side by side and looking down at the female. Not very big foot like at all. Just a normal teen. But what was her purpose for hanging out around here? He had a thousand questions, but they could wait for now because she'd asked for help and he was willing. "You, uh. You said you dropped your money? I think I heard it fall." Maybe it had been that jingling he thought he observed earlier. He left her side to begin his scan of the area. At first glance it was nowhere to be seen. She must have lost it just a bit further inside the cavern. He stood courageously, like a soldier preparing for battle as he looked deeper into the shadows. There wasn't much light honestly. This was going to be an adventure for sure. It was a good thing he didn't fear the dark. No. His fears were more complex than the absence of light. The absence of the ability to cope anymore. Now that was something to be feared.

"Are you lost? What are you doing all the way out here? This isn't you house is it? Oh man, please tell me you aren't homeless." He began to panic. He wasn't ready for children. But if she had no home, he'd have to take her in. He couldn't let her starve out here. Holy crap. Did she have parents? Where were they? Who let a child come out into the woods this far? Itris, he had a lot of things to get to the bottom of.

He stood frozen in thought as the girl stared up at him, probably wondering if she'd accidentally asked a psycho for assistance.

Rii

PMWebsite
^
Rii
 Posted: Sep 29 2016, 05:18 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

Hannah watched as the man approached and she folded her arms, leaning against the cave. Surprised he actually showed his face to her, the light gleamed on him to reveal someone who was not exactly the worst looking person. In fact he looked more hesitant to be around her. Hannah's eyes narrowed a little as he approached. He looked around her sisters age.

"You, uh. You said you dropped your money? I think I heard it fall." The man stood by her side and was looking down at her. Hannah rolled her eyes. Yes. He made it abundantly clear that she was a relatively short ass, but she was taller than most people her age. Looking up at him with her usual defiant glare, Hannah began to plot. Some stranger had come to her thinking she was in peril. What an idiot.
"You think?" Hannah asked sarcastically, gesturing towards the cave's depths. "What do you reckon I dropped down there? A rock? Sounded awful metallic for a rock, hm?"
Raising an eyebrow, the brat just shrugged her shoulders.

Watching him leave her to examine the area, Hannah turned to her side and leaned against it with her cheek pressed to the rocks.
"You know people like you will get mugged easily with the way you act," She spoke firmly, watching him. "May want to man up a little." Who the fuck would come and help some teen? Could he not tell that she was obviously yanking his arm? Teasing him? Was he that much of a fool. Did he not come across a teenager before?

"Are you lost? What are you doing all the way out here? This isn't you house is it? Oh man, please tell me you aren't homeless."
"Am I lost!?" Hannah asked, surprised by his question. Before she could respond, Hannah bit down on her tongue and pondered about what she could say. Finally, her lips formed a sly smirk.

"Yes." Her tone softened and she kicked her bag to the side a little. "Yes, I'm very lost." Her home? Pfft. As if. "I actually live near the stream up the road, sir!" Hannah's hands pressed to her cheeks and she looked mortified. "I'm very homeless! I don't live here, sir. Please help me? I haven't eaten for days and I often clean my clothes in the stream with soap I manage to steal from the store!" Rubbing a little against the cave to sully and rip her shirt a little bit, Hannah was careful to not let the man see. Making it seem like she was shaking from the lack of food.

"I got awful lucky, sir," Hannah murmured. "I mean I befriended the animals here and they bring me food. They're very friendly. Sure, the raccoons give me rotten pieces of food and the bins never have anything good in it, but that's fine! I learnt to never be fussy." If he fell for this, he was even stupider than a fish.

((I'm sorry Ender!))
PMEmail
^
Aofie
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 12:46 AM

Savage.

Ender ignored, or just plain didn't overhear, her snide little comments about her advice to man-up and what not. No. He was too busy searching for those coins. Poor girl. That might have been her whole allowance she'd just lost somewhere in this cave. He had to help her. Even when she persisted with her taunting, the cop continued to courageously venture forth in pursuit. Anything for today's youth.

"Am I lost!?" Now that she was speaking with intensity, he was listening. He stopped what he was doing to toggle back and stand before her. "Yes." He felt his heart break for the poor child. "Yes, I'm very lost." Well, it was a good thing he'd come along. She needed a hero like himself.

Ender put his hands on his hips as he listened, he nodded sympathetically every now and again as she spoke. "I actually live near the stream up the road, sir!" As she continued, the story only worsened. The poor young thing lived with a bunch of wild animals and ate trash! He was appalled at this revelation. It was horrible to imagine. Now that he had a second look at her, she did look a bit skinny and awfully unkempt.

He removed his backpack and began to rifle through it a bit. Ah-hah! He emerged with a few snacks that he'd brought along for his hike. He wouldn't be needed them now, he'd lost his appetite from the stress this situation had caused him, and this girl was obviously starving.

"Here, here. You can take this." He declared, holding up an armful of treats. He urged her to take them, to take them all. She was in crisis, and Ender had more than he could ever need back at home.

"My name is Ender, I'm a Sheriff. I can help you. Did you run away? How long have you been out here?" He was invested, and he was determined to get this kid some help. Even if it meant missing all the obvious signs that she was indeed putting on a show.

Rii
PMWebsite
^
Rii
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 10:10 AM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

Just watching this man explore the small entrance to the cave for the alleged coins she had dropped, Hannah was sure to make a few snide comments here and there, all to have which were blanked.

OF Course they were. Adults loved to ignore kids. How infuriating. She always got a response out of her sister, but here this man was just looking for the fake coins while she watched. Sure, she should make it seem like she was in desperate need of them, but they weren't even real. Surely the sound as they fell was a sure-fire sign of that?

The man questioned if he was lost and Hannah was incredulous. Only for a brief second anyway.
Soon after, she smirked and instantly played along with a lot of acting. (Maybe she could become an actor when she grew up!)
Watching as he removed his backpack and rifled through it, a sense of danger overcame Hannah.

Oh Itris! He was going to kidnap her! Why else would he -- Oh. "Here, here. You can take this." Pulling out treats in his arms, Hannah stared at them as they fell to the floor.
Oh goddess he was stupid. Hannah wasn't going to reject them, food was food. Free food tasted better especially when it had been conned out of someone.
"W-Why thank you, kind sir!" Hannah trilled, shoving them in her own backpack and holding it to her chest. "I will treasure this here gift!"

Supporting the backpack with one arm and rifling through it for a treat, Hannah instantly picked up one of the few snacks she was given and began to munch on it.
"My name is Ender, I'm a Sheriff. I can help you. Did you run away? How long have you been out here?" Instantly suppressing the urge to choke, Hannah stared with her eyes wide and cheeks full.

CRAP! He was a sheriff! Meaning he was with the law and Hannah had just scammed him.
Oh crap, crap and double crap!
Looking around, Hannah paled a little bit in the face. Her mouth still full with the snacks and her appetite had instantly vanished.

It was too late to lie or even tell the truth. She was going to have to continue and sneak away as fast as she could.
Swallowing the snacks in her mouth, feeling it go down her throat like a heavy burden; she instantly clutched the bag tighter feeling very sick.
"I, uh --" Pulling the bag closer to her face, going meek. " -- ran away."

If he saw her go home, he'd target Ky and get her in trouble! Hannah would get in trouble!
Kythaela was probably going to cry and all because Hannah didn't be honest! Oh goddess damn it all!

Wait!

He wouldn't find her sister if she snaked away! If she got him lost and went off down a different path! Then it'd be his own problem and not hers.

Now she had to try and get him lost.

PMEmail
^
Aofie
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 12:14 AM

Savage.

"I, uh --" The teen looked pale, frightened even. It was the first time he detected this in her. " -- ran away." It seemed like whatever was plaguing her, was horrible to recall.

Ender continued to nod as he sympathized. Was she afraid to go back to where she'd run away from? It was complicated, and it wouldn't be easy. But if that were the case he'd be sure to make it certain she never stepped foot there again. Why did she run? Abuse? Something more sinister, hopefully not? It was a dark world out there, he'd seen it all before. He gulped.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." the cop said in a hushed tone. "Whatever you ran away from, I'm sure I can be of some assistance. Will you come down to the station so I can ask you a few questions?" He stood, his tall frame towering over her petite one. He tried to look welcoming in case it was men she was afraid of.

"I'll be there the whole time, I'll keep you safe. No ones going to hurt you. I promise." He smiled warmly, his heart breaking more and more for this poor forsaken adolescent.

Rii

PMWebsite
^
Rii
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 08:47 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Whatever you ran away from, I'm sure I can be of some assistance. Will you come down to the station so I can ask you a few questions" Hannah raised her hands up defensively, backing away slightly from him.
"N-no. It's cool." Hannah laughed awkwardly, feeling like she had made a huge mistake. If she had a tail, it'd be between her legs. "Sorry, officer. I don't do stations, too many criminals."

"I'll be there the whole time, I'll keep you safe. No ones going to hurt you. I promise."
"Don'tcha think you're overreacting. Nobody there is gonna hurt a little kid like me. Especially here in Ioana. I ain't scared." Not of your police station anyway. "Chillax, yeah? I don't need no questioning about my life on the streets." What was she going to do? "You'll have better luck asking someone older for their life." Pausing, Hannah glanced behind Ender frantically before looking towards the trees.

"Oh, check it! I think I see some antisocial behaviour over there. Looks suspicious anyway. What a shame and I really was looking forward to talking it out over some donuts and hot cocoa."
If he fell for it and looked away, Hannah would definitely take the opportunity to bolt it. Last thing she needed was some cop digging into her life, sussing she had conned him and reporting her to her sister.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.