Hakumei
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 09:40 AM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| solo | year ? AU | Spring 2 | i fancied death |

She had only been gone for a day - visiting the city to bid happy new year to her parents, to sit down and have a cup of tea and talk about what was going on, but the happiness she had bid her parents apparently was not to look down upon her. She had returned to the church last night, and everything had seemed normal - she had spent some of the night cleaning the church as she always did, kneeled for her nightly prayer to Itris, and then gone to sleep, expecting the new day to carry on as it always had.

But she had been awoken the next morning to a what seemed like endless hammering on the wooden doors of the church, the sound resonating from the stone walls of the church and reaching Odette in her tiny loft room. She quickly clambered out of bed - was it seriously six in the morning? - donned her robes, and the tiny priestess hurried downstairs to open the doors for the early visitors. Odette was never not going to open the door to the church.

But when she saw who was standing there, she wished she could slam the doors back shut again.

Pink eyes landed on the paper that was being held in front of her eyes, and her heart sunk in her chest. Sadness, then anger - because no one had clearly discussed with her this option, and her church - her church - had been sold to these Westhaveners and they were expecting her to go.

"I haven't agreed to this," she looked up at the men in suits, clasping her hands in front of her stomach tightly as she tried her best not to stutter. There was no way she could show any sign of weakness, not when the church, Ioana, and Itris needed her to be strong. She couldn't let them take the church away.

"No matter. The deeds are signed - you have to leave, little lady," the man at the front said, looking as if he was intending on shoving her out of the way to get inside the church. "Clearly Ioana doesn't believe in their Goddess anymore. They don't need you anymore, so you should go pack your things and go." He went to move around her.

Odette decided, in a moment of madness, not to let him.

"No!" she screamed, reaching for the doors and slamming them in his face, running to the back of the church to grab whatever she could. She wasn't going to let them desecrate Itris' sacred ground. She was a priestess of Itris - she wasn't letting anyone take her away from her priestess without a fight. She was, truly, the last wall of defence.

They came crashing into the church, three huge, burly men against a tiny, pink-haired priestess holding a book as a weapon. They didn't hesitate in surrounding her, and even as she hit out as hard as she could with the book she was holding, it didn't stop one of the men picking her up and carrying her away from her beloved altar.

"No! No!" she shrieked, kicking as hard as she could as he dragged her from the church, screaming at the top of her voice in the hope someone would come for her. "This is Itris' ground! You can't have it! This is sacred, you monsters! No!"

But they didn't care. The man continued to manhandle her from the church, as much as she tried to cling on to whatever she could, as much as she tried to kick and scream and hit, and she was thrown outside onto the dewy ground, her church doors slammed in her face and even as she threw herself back up to hammer on the doors, sobbing and screaming, they had been locked, and she could hear them inside discussing what they were going to do with the church.

She slumped to the ground, defeated. She eventually would be able to go back in and retrieve her things, but the world had turned grey. Her dreams, her nightmares, of this day, had come to fruition, and Odette would cry herself to sleep that night, back in the city with parents that now worried for their daughter.

And for the first time, Odette began to doubt her faith.

PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 06:45 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| solo | year ? AU | Spring 2 | i fancied death |

ALTERNATIVE ENDING.

She had only been gone for a day - visiting the city to bid happy new year to her parents, to sit down and have a cup of tea and talk about what was going on, but the happiness she had bid her parents apparently was not to look down upon her. She had returned to the church last night, and everything had seemed normal - she had spent some of the night cleaning the church as she always did, kneeled for her nightly prayer to Itris, and then gone to sleep, expecting the new day to carry on as it always had.

But she had been awoken the next morning to a what seemed like endless hammering on the wooden doors of the church, the sound resonating from the stone walls of the church and reaching Odette in her tiny loft room. She quickly clambered out of bed - was it seriously six in the morning? - donned her robes, and the tiny priestess hurried downstairs to open the doors for the early visitors. Odette was never not going to open the door to the church.

But when she saw who was standing there, she wished she could slam the doors back shut again.

Pink eyes landed on the paper that was being held in front of her eyes, and her heart sunk in her chest. Sadness, then anger - because no one had clearly discussed with her this option, and her church - her church - had been sold to these Westhaveners and they were expecting her to go.

"I haven't agreed to this," she looked up at the men in suits, clasping her hands in front of her stomach tightly as she tried her best not to stutter. There was no way she could show any sign of weakness, not when the church, Ioana, and Itris needed her to be strong. She couldn't let them take the church away.

"No matter. The deeds are signed - you have to leave, little lady," the man at the front said, looking as if he was intending on shoving her out of the way to get inside the church. "Clearly Ioana doesn't believe in their Goddess anymore. They don't need you anymore, so you should go pack your things and go." He went to move around her.

Odette decided, in a moment of madness, not to let him.

"No!" she screamed, reaching for the doors and slamming them in his face, running to the back of the church to grab whatever she could. She wasn't going to let them desecrate Itris' sacred ground. She was a priestess of Itris - she wasn't letting anyone take her away from her priestess without a fight. She was, truly, the last wall of defence.

They came crashing into the church, three huge, burly men against a tiny, pink-haired priestess holding a book as a weapon. They didn't hesitate in surrounding her, and even as she hit out as hard as she could with the book she was holding, it didn't stop one of the men picking her up and carrying her away from her beloved altar.

"No! No!" she shrieked, kicking as hard as she could as he dragged her from the church, screaming at the top of her voice in the hope someone would come for her. "This is Itris' ground! You can't have it! This is sacred, you monsters! No!"

Somewhere, inside her, Odette felt strength, and she continued kicking as hard as she could. They didn't care, they kept manhandling her away from her home, and she screamed.

"I am Itris' priestess and you will put me down this instant!"

Everything stopped as the church began rumbling, quietly. It was enough for the men to stop and look around in confusion, and in fear - dropping Odette to the ground as she stood, and Odette felt - oddly at peace.

It was as if her telling the world that she was Itris' priestess had unleashed some great presence, and Odette smiled as the entire church was engulfed in a shimmering light. Odette felt that presence - it surrounded her, it encased her, it wrapped her in a blanket of warmth, and kindness, and power - power that Odette had never known before, but she knew that it was a product of her faith, and the tiny, pink-haired, gentle priestess glowed as her Goddess appeared behind her, and Odette was safe.

"She is right," Odette heard her voice echoing around the walls of the church, and even though Odette couldn't see her for the moment, she didn't need to. Odette felt her voice speaking through her, too. "These are sacred grounds, you are monsters, and this is my Priestess - you most certainly will unhand her, and you will leave. Leave Ioana alone. This is my Valley. I, and my Priestess, will protect Ioana with every piece of our being, and this is the centre of it. You cannot have it." Odette opened her eyes to find the shimmering, nearly transparent, hands of Itris holding her own, and she looked up at the men who were staring, open-mouthed, shaking in what she knew was fear.

Despite herself, Odette felt satisfaction at that much. For once, she wasn't trodden down by someone bigger than her, wasn't scoffed at by someone who doubted her faith - unlike them, her faith had brought her to this moment.

Complete, true peace with herself.

There was a certain large burst of light that engulfed the men from behind her, and soon they were scarpering from the church, leaving it almost as untouched as it had been before Odette had started throwing things at them. She needed to tidy up, she immediately noted.

But, before that -

She turned to face her Goddess, almost immediately blinded by the light and beauty that she had laid her eyes upon. She immediately dropped to her knees, pressing her head to the floor.

"I-Itris, my Goddess, thank you - I wasn't sure what else I could do -" she stuttered, immediately back to typical Odette when she was overwhelmed by nerves.

But she was brought to her feet by Itris tilting her head upwards and beckoning her to stand, and Odette felt the silhouette press very firm lips to her forehead, before the light disappated with the final, lingering voice.

"You did everything that a Priestess of Itris should do, and so much more. Thank you, Odette. My Priestess."

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.