No Monday Blues, Eileen&Logan
Tanuki
 Posted: May 3 2018, 06:17 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageAfternoonuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#db7d99

Eileen didn't mind Mondays as nearly as much as her parents did, and so when they had asked her to watch the shop while they took their afternoon walk, she had agreed. After all, she was simply watching the shop and taking orders should the need arise, so she didn't mind very much. She took to simple cleaning, trying not to bump any of the displays. She didn't know how many people would come in this time of month. Birthday, Anniversaries, and other things that would warrant a nice bit of Jewelry was scattered throughout the Valley, so it was hard for her to tell you exactly how much traffic they would have in a single season.

Honestly, cleaning, she often thought about the day when she would be asked to marry someone, or have a reason at all to come and look at gem embedded watches or bands for herself and a partner. It seemed like a long way off considering she hadn't yet met someone. Vance was home, this was true from what her mother said, but her girlhood crush had done a lot of growing since they had been apart, and she wasn't sure that was something she should be thinking about nowadays.But she hadn't quite met someone in the Valley yet, either. How many years would it be? Would she be able to see their face before it was impossible?

She glanced over to the door when the bell rang, smiling as a young man, probably somewhere around her age, entered with a baby, who couldn't have been more than a few months old. "Good Afternoon, can I help you today?" she asked cheerfully as she wondered what it was he needed today.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 7 2018, 07:07 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
Summer 6, Year 3 • Afternoon • Cloudy
"I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets"
user posted image

Logan had been thinking about it for a while now. It felt like ages since he had wanted to propose to Kallie before everything went sideways. Now they had been back together for a few seasons and it only made sense that Logan finally start the process of making Kallie his wife.

Kallie was helping Elliot with things with the library, so Logan took Jasper with him as he headed down to the jewelry store. Logan had saved up a bit of money for a ring while working for Triston Enterprises, he just needed to find the perfect ring for Kallie. He wasn’t sure what kind of ring he was looking for, but he would know the perfect one when he saw it.

He entered the store, the little bell ringing as he pushed the stroller ahead of him, headed to the counter where a young woman was waiting. Jasper gurgled lightly as he played with a rattle. Logan hoped he would stay calm as he looked around. “Um, yes. I’m looking for an engagement ring, though I’m not sure where to start.”

user posted image
"To carry love, to carry children of our own"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 9 2018, 03:01 PM

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageAfternoonuser posted image 3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#db7d99

An Engagement Ring.

Well that was a call for a happy Monday wasn't it? The Village would thrive so long as people continued to fall in love, get married, and have children of their own. She looked down at the baby who for the moment seemed fairly calm, and for a brief moment she wondered if the lucky lady was the same mother of his child, because that wasn't always how things worked. Sure, he could have been from the city, but thinking back on it she had seen him around several times since last year.

So she was happy that he seemed to have made up his mind on settling down. "Of course! Well, that's what I'm here for, hopefully we can find you the best ring for...?" she paused, not sure of the name or even the gender of the person in question if she were honest. How would they start in finding a good ring for him to propose with. She hummed in thought, looking from him to the display case. "Well we've got your traditional diamond rings," she started, taking one little box out and setting it down on the counter before lifting the ring out to show to him. "The price depends on the cut,the karat, that sort of thing, although..."

She put the ring back on the box, taking an emerald ring from the display to show to him. "But there are a lot of different gems you could go for as well that are just as beautiful if not traditional." and they were a little less expensive than the typical diamond. "So I think where we should start is favorites. Does the lucky thing have a favorite color, or maybe even a gem? That'll probably be the best place to start before we go any farther."

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 14 2018, 07:24 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan knew he wanted to be with Kallie for the rest of his life, and he knew how he wanted to propose, but the ring he was still uncertain of. He knew what Kallie liked, but engagement rings were different than just normal jewelry. It needed to be absolutely perfect.

“Kallie,” he said, finishing the sentence for her. He watched as she pulled out a box from the showcase and showed him the diamond ring before explaining how the prices worked. He nodded along. “I’m not super worried about the price. She’s not the big and flashy type,” he explained. Something simple would be best for Kalliope.

He liked the emerald ring and was intrigued by the nontraditional rings they offered. “Well, I like to think we’re not very traditional people,” he said giving a glance to Jasper before turning his attention back to the shop owner. “Hmm, I don’t know much about gems, but I know she likes bright colors. I know she likes purples and pinks if that helps.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 20 2018, 04:32 AM

Eileen hummed quietly as he affirmed the woman’s name. Kallie, right. Eileen did like to take someone’s name into account when someone asked her for help with an important ring like this one, if she was going to put an order in for her parents to take care of, then it might as well be something that would get a ‘yes!’ For sure. Not that the ring mattered as much as the person offering up their heart, but it may as well have been something enjoyable and comfortable to wear.

“Okay so for Kallie, let’s see what we’ve got.” She showed him the first few examples, nodding. You don’t seem like you are,” she assured him with a soft smile. ”But quality and affordability are the two very things my parents had in mind for this place.” She chuckled, quieting when he mentioned Kallie’s favorites.

”The first thing I’m thinking when you say that is Amethyst, but I don’t know...her name just doesn’t say amethyst to me..maybe jade...” that was green, but it seemed closer to the mark than amethyst.

She noticed she looked at his son and she paused. ”If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the little guy’s name?” She asked, glancing over to the baby.

(Mobile post for Belle)
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 23 2018, 03:31 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan observed a few of the rings that the shopkeeper showed him. They were very traditional diamond rings, which he was sure Kallie would appreciate, but they didn’t feel right now. He had been looking at diamond rings back in the city last year, but now he was unsure what kind of ring he should give Kallie.

He nodded as she named one of the purple gems. He had heard of it before, seen it in shop window, but never really thought much about it. He had never heard of a jade stone before, but he knew the color jade was a green shade. If Kallie had green eyes like Logan, that would be a nice stone for her.

Soft whines came from Jasper, pulling Logan’s attention away momentarily. He picked him up out of the stroller. “What’s wrong buddy? You wanna help pick out a ring for mommy?” he asked, being sure to keep him out of arm’s reach of the rings already laid out.

“Jasper,” Logan told her with a small grin. He was always happy to introduce his son to people. He was happy to have a son. “Born last winter. He was a Yule baby.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 26 2018, 01:00 PM

user posted image
#db7d99

Watching him interact with his son was certainly sweet. She didn't know how a lot of the young couples in Ioana were getting along, but she had heard of a few people having children in the last few seasons, and to see one being treated so well did make her happy, especially because he seemed quite pleased when his father picked him up. There was something about what someone named a child that would tell you a lot about their personality, what she didn't expect however was for the name of the right stone to literally jump out at her.

"Jasper, that's perfect!" she didn't say anymore for the moment as she searched the stores just under the cabinet to the best of her ability for samples. First, she produced a small slate of uncut Jasper, maroon in coloring, marbled, the second a marbled green, and the third white with green spots. "We've got three varieties of Jasper in the store right now, we have the standard, we have Green Jasper, and then we have Moss Jasper. Personally I feel the moss variety can be cut beautifully into a ring, it gives it the diamond feel without the cost or the familiarity of diamonds associated with Marriage." She explained as she gently pushed the stones to him so he could get a closer look.

"Any of them would make a fine ring, and even more so because your son shares its name." she added cheerfully.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 29 2018, 06:14 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Jasper babbled incoherently as the employee searched around for something. He wasn’t sure what he had said that had sparked her excitement, but he waited and kept Jasper entertained as she brought out three slabs of stone. Logan was surprised there was a stone that shared his son’s name. He hadn’t been aware of the existence of Jasper stone and he wasn’t sure if Kallie had known about it when they had chosen the name. She probably did know about it, but he wouldn’t be surprised if it had slipped her mind.

“I never knew there was a stone named Jasper,” he told the woman. “I guess that’s not surprising though,” he said with a light laugh. “I know some of the basics and that’s it.” He never paid much attention to jewelry and his sisters weren’t old enough yet to be obsessed with the expensive stuff. They were happy with fake jewelry for now.

He examined the slabs a little more closely, picking up the white with green spots. “Hmm, this one is nice. I like the green flecks that break up the white. Do you have any rings like this?” he asked.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 31 2018, 05:34 AM

user posted image
#db7d99

She smiled at the child, who seemed rather pleased now that he hadn't been left alone in his stroller, and listened to the boy's father as he talked about not being aware of the stone. "It's not too surprising, honestly," she answered, trying to assure him that a lot of people let the knowledge of Jasper gems go unnoticed to them. "There are a lot of gemstones that take up the limelight, so to say. Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, everyone talks about them and there's a ton of Jewelry out there made of those types. But stones like Jasper, Peridot, they're seen but not heard." she explained as she ran a hand over one of the stones.

"A lot of people will buy without asking what it's made out of if it's not obvious to them. Unless it's super expensive of course." she concluded. Everyone was impressed with the standard gems, but there were others that were just as beautiful and for a fraction of the asking price. She hoped that he didn't think she was trying to act smarter than he was, because that would have been embarrassing. But sometimes when it came to gems, she couldn't help talking about it.

She looked down at the stone he had picked out. He was right, the Moss Jasper could always be turned into a beautiful ring so long as it was cut the right way. She smiled and shook her head. "I'm afraid that we don't have any rings of it made right now," she answered, though she took a paper from underneath the counter. "Normally, it would take about 6 to 8 weeks for us to get you the ring, since we'd have to start from scratch. But if you can give me her ring size I can see if we have any premades that are ready for a stone, and then we would just need the cut and a little time to engrave it if you'd like that added as well, so it could be ready in 2 to 3 weeks." she answered.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 03:08 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan nodded as she rattled off some names of gemstones that were familiar to him. His knowledge of jewelry was limited, so he was lucky he had such a well informed shop clerk to lead him to find the perfect ring. He imagined Kallie would probably get along with this woman very well.

He couldn’t help but be a little disappointed they didn’t have any rings of the stone currently. It would delay his planned proposal for a while, and he wanted to be married to Kallie now. He’d whisk her away to Greenmarsh today if he could, but he knew that both their families would want to witness their wedding.

“She’s a size 7,” he told the girl, thinking for only a moment. “At least, she was about a year ago. Ring size doesn’t change with a pregnancy, does it?” he asked. It might be a stupid question, but he honestly wasn’t sure.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 03:17 PM

Date: Monday, Summer 6th, Year 3

Eileen was sorry that she couldn’t get him a ring for his loved one sooner, but hopefully it wouldn’t take too long. After all her parents loved weddings, so engagement rings were usually something that they started working on as soon as they got the order in. So hopefully she could call him early and tell him that his ring was ready for pick up.

When he told her his Girlfriend’s size, she wrote it down, pausing when he asked about pregnancy changing size to smile at the baby he was holding. She shook her head, placing the pen down just after she finished writing. “No sir. It changes during pregnancy, but most times it goes back to normal. And there shouldn’t be any problems but if there is you can always bring it back in for a resizing, we’ll do it for you gladly.” She assured him.

Most people who proposed were usually nervous, so she tried to do her best not to do anything to make it worse. “Will that be all today sir? We’ll call you as soon as the ring is ready.” She said, sliding the paper over so he could review the price.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 01:34 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan nodded. He knew pregnancy caused a lot of body changes, but he was glad he wouldn’t have to find a sneaky way to check her ring size again. He didn’t like keeping secrets from Kallie. “Okay, great. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. I just want everything to be perfect.” This proposal had been a long time coming and he was anxious to pop the question to Kallie.

He looked down at the piece of paper where she had written the estimated price as well as the other information for the ring. “Perfect. Should I pay now? Or when the ring is ready?” he asked before turning to put Jasper back into the stroller.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 02:16 PM

When he said it might have been a stupid question, she shook her head. “Oh no, don’t worry, it is actually a pretty common worry!” she assured Logan. After all, people often spent a good chunk of their salary on a ring for their loved one, so they always wanted to make sure that things would fit right, and that they wouldn’t be coming back to the store with some sort of defunct ring.

“We take half before the ring is ready, and the other half when it’s done.” She answered, nodding. “I will make sure to call you as soon as it’s done. I’m sure she’ll love it.” She didn’t know the woman of course, but what she did know is if he wanted this to be perfect, then he’d do what he thought she would love the most. And Moss Jasper was certainly an interesting choice.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 02:35 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan felt at ease now that he had a ring being made for Kallie, though he still needed to decide when and where to pop the question at. He had time to think about it, and that was all he was going to be thinking about now that he almost had a ring for her.

He got Jasper situated in the stroller and buckled in before turning back to the woman and fishing out his wallet. He sorted through the bills and handed her enough to cover half of the ring. He left his information for her as well before thanking her for her help and leaving the store. Hopefully the big smile on his face wouldn’t give away his intentions with Kallie until the time was right.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.