GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
Spring 19, Year Three • Late Morning • Cloudy
"I'm gonna soak up the sun"
user posted image

Grace and Wesley had a date for Spring Fling but that was still so far away. They talked on the phone pretty often since the train only ran on Fridays and getting a ride in and out of the city was difficult for either of them. She wished that he lived in the valley as well, but at least the commute into the city wasn’t too terrible, and she was familiar with some of the streets.

Grace had planned a surprise visit to see Wesley at his job today. She had just finished the book he had lent her last time she was in the city, so she decided to use the book as an excuse to stop by. She could return it and they could chat for a while. She didn’t know how busy he ever got at work, but hopefully she wouldn’t be too much of a distraction.

She walked down the streets of Westhaven, a tray of cookies balanced on top of the book. She had promised him a batch of cookies at the bookshop and she was true to her word. She opened the door to the station, being careful not to drop her tray as she walked in. She expected it to be bigger, but the smaller size of the station made it that much easier to spot Wesley sitting at his desk. The click clack of her heels gave away her approach as she walked up to him. “Hi Wes,” she said with her signature smile and upbeat attitude. “I figured I’d stop by and bring your book back, and as promised, I brought cookies too!”

user posted image
"Gonna tell everyone to lighten up"
Wearing • Tag: Aofie

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:57 PM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

"Oh! You're the best Grace.", he stood promptly to hug her. She was so tiny, her frame felt delicate in his embrace. Especially because he towered over her easily. She was so precious and small. It made him want to protect her, and she'd probably need it here. It wouldn't take long for the rest of the crew to smell what she'd brought.

He was shocked she was here, but it was a very pleasant surprise. Work was pretty boring. All he did was answer the phones and make coffee for the real police officers. He only dispatched. Which yes, was important. But he was kind of bad at it. He was good with words, so the street names he usually got right. But it was the numbers he struggled with. He always reversed them or completely omitted some. He'd even stuck random ones in there that didn't belong at all. He wasn't sure what kept misfiring between his brain and his scribbling hand at times. All he knew was that he couldn't afford to mess up again.

When he noticed she had his book, his eye brow arched curiously. She already finished it? He beamed with fondness. He was impressed. "Did you like it?", he asked eagerly. He hoped she had. He looked around to make sure no one was staring. It seemed no one had taken notice of her yet. "The book I mean. What did you think?"

Belle

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 06:21 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace sat the book and cookies down on his desk so she could hug him, arms wrapped around his middle. He smelt of coffee and the old books he liked to spend so much time around and it reminded her of their last day together. She enjoyed his warm embrace and didn’t want to break away but she did nonetheless.

She nodded when he asked if she liked the book. “I did, though it made me really sad,” she admitted. “I felt really bad for Charlie and even Algernon.” Charlie had been treated so poorly by those around him, Grace’s heart hurt for him, even though he was a fictional character. “I wish the ending had been happier. But it was a really good book,” she told him. She didn’t hate the book at all, she just wanted everyone to have a happily ever after.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 07:12 PM

Savage.

He was pleased to learn she'd enjoyed the book, even though it did have a bitter-sweet ending. It was why he liked it actually. He'd never been one for fairy tales, it was his least favorite genre. But he could understand why someone else would like those. Though since it was up to him he preferred to stick with mostly history and fiction. Still, he was giddy she'd already went ahead and read through it. Reading someones favorite book was a really good way to get inside their head. Wes wondered if she thought of him often while she was turning the pages of his novel.

"So, this is my office. Or my desk at least." He gestured to the very tidy work space that he'd just been sitting among. "I mean, it's not much but... all I really do is answer the phones. They ring a lot but its rarely ever exciting." he put his hand out and tapped on each finger as he made an oral list of the usual occurrences. "Trespassing. Littering. Public disturbances." He shrugged. "I guess that's a good thing though, nothing too crazy. Maybe it means the city is behaving for once."

In another room of offices, Ender was going mad trying to find the source of the delicious smell that had suddenly overwhelmed the station. He was opening drawers and cabinets like a fiend. Anything he could check inside. Someone had food, and he'd be damned if they didn't share.

Belle

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:08 PM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace took the time to look around the station as he described his job. It was a range of very tidy workspaces like Wes’s, or one’s that looked like papers were just piled there and then never touched except to be shuffled about. She looked back to Wes.

“I’m sure it’s more exciting than anything going on in the valley,” she said. “I don’t even think the sheriff does very much around town. Well most of the time at least,” she said. He was a bit busier these days. “You probably have some time to study while you work though?”

“You know, I thought it would be a lot bigger,” she said with a shy smile. “The police station that is.”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:20 PM

Savage.

Wesley nodded. "Yeah, I mostly study, read, do crossword puzzles...", he adjusted some papers that were out of line as he spoke. "I'm actually about to get a break, do you want to go for a walk? I just have to ask Ender. Someone has to cover the phones while I'm away." He gestured to the stationary desk top phones positioned where he was sitting only just a moment ago.

When she mentioned the size of the Station, he looked over his shoulder and down the long hallway. "Yeah, it's small but it feels like a maze sometimes. When change of shift happens you can barely move in this place." But for now, it was quiet. Most of the Officers were out and about, and it was only just him and a few other secretaries hanging about.

Oh, and Ender.

Who was just turning the corner with a steaming, hot cup of coffee in his hand.

"Blondie!", he said with a slight bow of acknowledgment. But not enough to spill any of the precious caffeine he was wielding. "Visiting the boyfriend, eh? You kids are so cute. Young love at it's finest." He used his free hand to give his cousin a swift pat on the back, and that was when he noticed his watch. "Why don't you go take a break Wes, 45 minutes is enough time right? Don't do anything I wouldn't do." He winked at Grace, and took a few cookies out of the gift box quickly before retreating back into his office.

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 10:45 AM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace never had a lot of free time at the bakery. When she wasn’t helping customers, she was preparing menus for the next season or baking to fill the cases of her shop. It must be nice for Wes to have a job where he could focus on his studies in his downtime.

“A walk sounds lovely. I can wait here while you find Ender,” Grace said, but it turned out she wouldn’t have to wait long. Ender came around the corner, immediately calling her a nickname she hadn’t realized she earned. Luckily he was gone almost as quickly as he had shown up, but not before grabbing some of the cookies she had baked for Wes to take with him.

“Well, he sure is something,” Grace said when they were alone again. “I guess next time I bring you goodies, I need to make sure I bring enough for your cousin too,” she said with a slight disapproving look. She had made plenty that Wes could have shared the cookies with anyone he wanted, but Ender hadn’t even asked. “What exactly does he think we’re gonna run off and do anyway?” she asked Wes.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 06:41 PM

Savage.

Wes often found himself getting embarrassed about Ender, but he tried his best when it came to damage control. "Ah yeah, he's...", there were no words. He only shrugged. He loved his cousin, but there were a lot of moments he wished he had more confidence to stand up to him.

When Grace asked what Ender was insinuating, his cheeks quickly turned pink. "Well, probably what he would do if he had 45 minutes." Which honestly, could be anything. He'd seen and heard a lot now that they worked together nearly every day. There wasn't much he'd put past the other man now. "But thats... him." He wanted Grace to know he wasn't up to anything insidious or cheeky. Not that he hadn't let his mind wander there at times, but he was too timid to do anything about it. Grace was the first person he'd had a crush on in quite some time.

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 12:32 PM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace wondered if Wesley talked about her to Ender or to anyone else when she wasn’t around. She of course talked to Finn about him, but Finn knew her better than to insinuate that they would be up to anything mischievous so soon after meeting. Especially since they hadn’t even kissed yet, but maybe they would at Spring Fling. The thought excited her.

“Well let’s get out of here before he comes back to make some more suggestions,” Grace said with a grin. She took Wesley’s hand, allowing him to lead her back out of the station and onto the streets of Westhaven. “So Ender is your cousin right?” she asked, vaguely remembering someone mention that at his birthday party. “What was it like growing up with him? You both seem very different.”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: May 1 2018, 12:36 PM

Savage.

When she took his hand, he smiled softly. That was getting easier. It felt natural now, her hand in his. Even though they'd spent a significant amount of time together lately, this was really as scandalous as things got so far. Ender would be disappointed, but that didn't matter much to Wes. He only cared about what Grace thought, and since she had grabbed his hand this time, he supposed he could now safely say this gesture was alright with her.

Speaking of Ender, she asked a bit about the infamous Police Chief himself. Wesley's jaw tightened as he thought of how to word what he wanted to say. "Yeah, we're cousins. More like brothers actually, believe it or not. He has a sister too, Auden, but I'm not close with her." It was true. Wes was an only child, but had spent so much time with Ender and his family when he was young, that now they felt closer than just cousins. In fact, Wesley was way closer to his Aunt and Uncle than he was just own parents. Two people who should have never had a kid, or showed any interest in raising one. He always felt he was lucky to have the other half of the Basco's and Scout's family to unofficially adopt him. If it wasn't for them, he wasn't sure where he'd be now. "We are different.", he added turning his upper body to face her as they walked together down the block. "It sounds weird, but I we balance each other out. He's not very organized at times, so I kind of take over." That was putting it lightly, of course. "But he helps me too, he got me this job, he helped me apply for Colleges. He's like my big brother. I know he can be...", he just shrugged because not only did he lack the language to explain, but he also tried diligently to never be unkind. "I know..." With that, he smiled thoughtfully in hopes to change the tone of the conversation.

"How about you, do you have siblings?"

He knew eventually Grace would learn more and more about the dysfunctional bunch he called family, but why scare her away so early?

Belle
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: May 3 2018, 11:58 AM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace still didn’t know how she felt about Ender. He seemed rough around the edges, but if Wesley liked Ender, then Grace was sure she would too. Wesley didn’t seem the type to associate with with unlikable people. She smiled gently at him. “I’m sure he just takes some getting use to,” she said, leaning into him gently before pulling away again but still holding his hand.

She nodded thoughtfully. “Two. An older brother and a younger sister,” she told him. “They both still live in Westhaven, but I’m really close with my sister Savannah. She’s studying veterinary science at university but I’m hoping I can convince her to move to Ioana when she graduates.” Grace didn’t want to talk about her brother. She loved him, but Charlie was always trying to convince her to give up on Ioana. He thought she should be doing bigger and better things with her life, but she was happy right where she was.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.