strawberry
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 11:15 PM

crab honeybutt

GROUP: Blue Leaf

Awards: 16

Rep: 5 pts

user posted image

summer 11th • early afternoon • outfit • Dani, Pocomoke

Teddy was never fond of the heat. If he could've been lounging somewhere on a tropical beach, then maybe he would've felt differently. But seeing as he was in some little farming community, the summer days reminded him too much of being back home. So when summer had rolled around, he often found himself cloistered in his shop, lounging on one of his plush couches, fanning himself with a Chinese folding fan as he waited either for customers or for night to fall so he could head off to his part-time bar-tending gig.

Speaking of which, those were quite few and far between. When he'd first opened, there'd been a few who had come in out of pure curiousity. Since then, though, he was lucky if he had more than a handful throughout an entire week. Had it not been for his second job, he wouldn't have had enough money to even cover the bills. He barely had enough left over to put in his savings after everything had been paid off. If he had friends, he would've complained about the lack of good champagne in his life.

Instead, he mostly kept his complaining in his head in between daydreaming of leaving Ioana far behind and heading to some grand city like Prague or Paris. If he'd been smart about his money, he would have never set up shop. He could've been walking the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles now if he would've spent his money on a plane ticket instead.

His thoughts were interrupted as the tiny bell he'd hung above the door chimed. He stood, snapping his fan closed and tucking it into the inside pocket of his jacket. He cleared his throat, adjusted his clothing, and put him into the mindset of Morpheus.

He parted the curtains with a flourish and stepped into the tiny waiting room. Standing there was a woman he hadn't seen before. He gave his best mysterious smile and spread his arms wide in welcome. "Welcome to Dreamland. I am Morpheus. I shall be your guide into the spirit realm today." He nearly wanted to roll his eyes at his own act, but he had to sell it for everything he had. "How can I be of service?"

PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 12:50 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

user posted image
Summer 11th Outfit

Dani headed out to the valley to collect a few more items from her house. Luckily it seemed like no one had bought it out, as most people weren't really looking to buy in this market. It made Dani wonder why they had even bothered to evict her in the first place. After all, it made the valley look nicer if there was one less house that was vacant or run down. Dani's house wasn't too bad, but the boarded up windows didn't help.

After gathering a few personal items and placing them a box, she solemnly headed out. Hopefully she will be able to find a job and get a little bit of income. That way she could start saving up to get her house again.

On her way back to the train station, she came across a shop she wasn't familiar with. The sign read "Psychic." Was this here when she walked past earlier? She wasn't sure, but she was curious. Dani didn't believe in psychics, but if someone could help guide her in a direction that would lead her to some security in her life, she'd take it.

The girl stepped into the shop, unsure of what to expect. The room wasn't much, as most things were in the valley. Should she have expected more? Maybe, or maybe she was too used to the city.

"Welcome to Dreamland. I am Morpheus. I shall be your guide into the spirit realm today. How can I be of service?"

"Uh... hi." Dani responded as she examined the man in front of her. His outfit fit well with the theme of being a psychic, a little over the top and flashy. Guess he had to be to sell this.

"I just saw this on my way back from getting some stuff... What exactly do you do here?" Dani asked him.

strawberry
PMEmailWebsite
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 03:03 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

summer 9th • early afternoon • outfit • Dani, Pocomoke

When the woman greeted him, Teddy looked down to notice her holding a box. Surely she didn't hope to barter with him? Back in his hometown, it was common for the farmers to trade their items around - eggs for dairy, wool for baskets of vegetables, and so on and so on. But Teddy needed the cash if he was ever going to make it out of here and into some faraway city among like-minded people.

Still, he would give her the benefit of the doubt. For now.

He quickly realized he was staring at her box of things and he looked up, putting on a customer service smile once more when she asked what he did. "Why I communicate with the spirits to provided guidance, of course," he said with a theatrical flourish of his hands.

"But as for specifics," he continued, "I offer a variety of methods to tell your fortune." He stepped behind the desk for a moment to pull out a leaflet that listed the services, gold ink printed on black card stock. "I offer the traditional palm reading and tarot spreads along with a number of other methods. I'm sure you'll find one to your interest." He smiled, doing his best to look mysterious as he stepped over to her and held out the leaflet.
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 10:01 PM

user posted image

As Morpheus explained what exactly he did in the shop, Dani skimmed over the pamphlet. She wasn't sure if any of this was legit, but it was fascinating. Dani had never grown up in a religious household, though her parents did have faith. She had lost all of that after growing up and realizing that it wasn't going to help her in life.

When it came to talking to spirits and all of that, she was indifferent. Her friends had been into it in their teenage years, making it their form of rebellion, and Dani followed along. She had never really done it herself though, mostly watching as her friends tried to summon demons or whatever.

All of which were unsuccessful.

"Hm... How about a tarot card reading?" Dani said, handing the pamphlet back to him. It was worth a shot to see if someone that wasn't her friend could actually do something like this, especially if it could help her get a job, or her house back.

strawberry
PMEmailWebsite
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 11:00 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Teddy watched her as she read over the leaflet, a look of skepticism in her eyes. That was common, of course. Most people only had their fortune told as a sort of bucket-list thing. It was all fun and games, and those people were the ones Teddy appreciated the most as customers. When he had the occasional nut-job who took it all seriously was when he really had his work cut out for him. Well, as far as the acting went, anyway. The readings were always unspecific so people could fill in the details themselves.

He nodded, giving his best sage smile as he took back the leaflet and placed it on the desk. "A wise decision. There are four different types of spreads I can do. There is the three card spread, which gives general advice; a true love spread that gives insight into your love life; the spiritual guidance spread which gives a little more in depth insight into all areas in your life; and, finally, the Celtic Cross spread, which is even more in depth than the spiritual guidance spread." Most people either chose the three card spread or the true love spread. He didn't mind doing those, since they were quick, easy money, but he could always use the extra money from the more expensive spreads.

"No need to make up your mind now, of course," he told her, stepping back and to the side. "We'll get you settled and comfortable in the Dream Room first, and then you can decide." He parted back the curtain, motioning for her to enter. "Oh, and payment is required up front. We accept cash or personal checks."
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 08:00 PM

user posted image

Dani nodded as Morpheus explained the different kind of tarot card readings he provided. She didn't realize that there were so many different types, just expecting the normal three card reading like she had seen her friends do time and time again.

"We'll get you settled and comfortable in the Dream Room first, and then you can decide."

The man pulled back the curtain and let her into the back room, to which Dani was taken back by. The room was stunning compared to the waiting area that she had been in. It felt like she had been transported to a different place completely.

There was no way that she was in the valley still.

Dani pulled out her wallet when the man mentioned payment, hoping the reading wasn't going to put too much of a dent into her wallet. If it helped her out though, guess it would be worth it.

"So what do I need to do exactly?" Dani asked, walking further into the room, still examining it.

strawberry
PMEmailWebsite
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 09:46 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Teddy turned away his head to hide a faint smile at her bemused look when she entered the main room. He closed the curtain behind him and stepped further into the room, holding his hands together in front of his stomach as he watched her take in her surroundings. He always enjoyed watching the local townsfolk try to process exactly what was happening as they came in from the drab little waiting room.

He continued watching her for a moment as she pulled out her wallet. At least that isn't going to be a problem, he thought to himself, crossing the room to where he kept the incense stored. He pulled out his selection of incense cones and an ornate incense burner and placed them on the coffee table in the center of the room.

He gestured toward a couch and smiled at her. "For now, just sit down and relax and try to open up your mind. It's easier for the spirits to help when you're less tense." He then pulled out his lighter from the inside breast pocket of his jacket, flipping the lid open. "To help you relax, I could burn some incense if you'd like. I'm afraid I don't have as many scents in the cones as I do in the sticks. For these I have sandalwood, vanilla, lavender, and opium."
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 03:03 PM

user posted image

Morpheus told her to just sit and relax, so she did, taking the time to examine the room a little further. She knew it was just a fancy paint job and furniture, but it was nice. It was almost as if she had really been transported into a different dimension.

But then she remembered that she was still in the valley.

"To help you relax, I could burn some incense if you'd like. I'm afraid I don't have as many scents in the cones as I do in the sticks. For these I have sandalwood, vanilla, lavender, and opium."

"Vanilla sounds good. Lavender might make me fall asleep, which I'm assuming we don't want." Dani said, leaning back on the chair and trying to relax.

"So this whole thing... Does it actually work?" the girl asked the man, looking back at him. "Like, I know people do these things just for fun or for money, but does it actually work?"

strawberry
PMEmailWebsite
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 12:20 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Teddy nodded at her choice and picked up the vanilla incense, lighting it and letting it burn fora couple moments before blowing it out and placing it in the holder. He shut the little door on it and gathered up the rest of the incense before crossing the room to put them back up. He gave what he called his "customer service" laugh when she said lavender would put her to sleep, rolling his eyes and making a face when he had his back turned toward her.

"No, we most certainly do not. The spirits might be able to come to you in a dream, but I must profess that I am not currently adept at deciphering dreams." Though now that he thought about it, perhaps he could add that as another service at some point.

He turned around, a placid smile on his face now, as he moved back to the center of the room and sat on the couch opposite her. He leaned back, crossing his right knee over the left and placing both hands on top of it. "Well, my dear, that is entirely up to you," he replied when she asked if the tarot reading would work. "If you are not open to the idea of spirits and the energy of the universe guiding you, then I'm afraid it won't. But, if you're receptive to them, then they will give you the guidance you are seeking." It was a bullshit answer, of course, but it was one he'd practiced many times before.

PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 12:55 PM

user posted image

"If you are not open to the idea of spirits and the energy of the universe guiding you, then I'm afraid it won't. But, if you're receptive to them, then they will give you the guidance you are seeking." Morpheus explained. Dani nodded, half believing what he said. That was what she had been told before. Though she had to wonder...

"But do you actually believe that?" the girl asked out of curiosity. She wondered if people actually believed what they were selling, especially in a business. Her mother used to say that they were all fakes, but she didn't know anyone that actually was one.

"Well, anyway, how do we get started?" she decided to change the subject.

strawberry
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.