L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Art In The Open
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 11:41 PM

Resident bab

GROUP: Indigo Leaf

Awards: 6

Rep: 1 pts

Alacrity Ryoko
Day: Autumn 2, Friday at 7PM
Weather: Sunny
Tag: @open

Alacrity couldn't stop her heart from racing. She had thought it might be a good idea to take a break in the field. The place was lovely; simply a perfect subject for a piece of art. It was once again a slow day. Her job was done a couple hours ago, giving the woman enough time to head home and eat before preparing art supplies. She hadn't taken into consideration that it might be getting dark, but there was still plenty of daylight left.

Of course that wasn't what bothered her. She was seated at a high point in the valley, facing the gorgeous lake. There wasn't much for high points to be honest, but she had managed to find a small hill. Her art supplies were spread around her seated form, but she didn't move, petrified.

What really bothered her was just how big it really was. There she was, alone in the middle of nowhere, with absolutely nobody around. Everything about it was terrifying. If something were to happen to her, someone might not find her in time. It would be easy to get lost. Someone or something could come along and attack her and no one would be any wiser.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. I'm here to draw. Not to panic. Then exhaled, opened her eyes and drawing enough courage to reach for her sketchbook.

The next half hour was spent focusing solely on the piece of paper in front of her. She hardly looked up at the landscape, rather preferring to focus on the gentle fantasy coming to life by way of her hand, but occasionally her gaze would shift to the world for a quick reference. The image was mostly grafted from her imagination.

After the rough draft was done she added a few more little details before leaning back, letting a sigh escape her lips. She almost fell backwards when she could see her breath appear in a small cloud of mist. Having been so focused on her work, she hadn't noticed how cold, or dark, it had really gotten. Her picture was only slightly visible, and she glanced down at it once more before scooping up her supplies, despite only using a couple pencils, and standing.

The stars were starting to come out. It was very pretty, but that fear began to claw it's way back towards her the longer she stood there. Her heart started racing again, and Alacrity clutched her things to her chest, shutting her eyes.

It was only a quick walk back to the inn. Wasn't it? She had left at 6:30, and had just spent half an hour drawing. Her watch read 7:30, so that meant she arrived at 7. Alacrity glanced around, the growing darkness growing.

She decided to walk as quick as she could, staring at the ground rather then the open field around her.

(OOC: I wrote a thing. *throws confetti*)
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 09:14 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Killian Chaucer
Autumn 2, Year 2 ֎ Evening ֎ Clear
user posted image

Killian needed to get out and clear his head. The past few days had been difficult, and since he and Robin had their fight, things had been a little off at home. He wasn’t sure what to think, of how to feel about the possibility that Robin might be pregnant.

Of course Killian would love to have a family, but with his current psychological condition, he wasn’t sure if that was a good idea. The pirate was too dangerous. He couldn’t subject a child to someone like him. What if he did something that destroyed their family? There was no telling what the pirate might do.

Killian wandered to Nivalis Lake, the same place he and Robin had gotten married almost a year ago. He stood near the edge of the lake, staring out at the clear blue water. He knew Robin was right that he shouldn’t be afraid of the pirate, and maybe one day he wouldn’t be. He didn’t have long to think on that though, since he took a step back from the lake, accidentally bumping into someone.

He turned around to see who he had backed into. “Sorry about that,” he said to the young woman in front of him. “I thought I was alone out here. Not many people wander out here this late.”

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag:Blurb~
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 09:43 PM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko
Day: Autumn 2cnd, Friday at 7PM
Tag:Belle :D

She practically choked on her own spit when someone bumped into her. It was the least of her worries, she realized with a moment of panic. Her breathing hitched for an impossibly long moment, and her gaze remained on the ground and the shoes of the person she had ran into. It was a human. That was good. The shoes were a dark color, and she immediately associated black with a thief. But if it was a thug they might have knocked her out already. Alacrity sighed, trying to knock some sense into her head. She was once again making a fool out of herself most likely, which didn't actually seem much better then the other thoughts running through her head.

"Sorry about that," the person, whom she realized was a man, spoke. It startled her into glancing up at him. He didn't look too bad, but had a rather frightening appearance. "I thought I was alone out here. Not many people wander out this late. Of course. Just a friendly villager.

Alacrity nodded in response, relaxing just a bit. "Yeah I suppose so. It just seemed like a nice evening to come out here." She smiled casually with at least some attempt to play her earlier actions off. "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. Busy thinking," she added, letting go of her supplies with one hand and reaching up to tap her head.

Dork move, Alacrity, you probably look like an idiot. Oh well....It's unavoidable at this rate. She thought to herself, mentally facepalming. There had been way too many unexpected conversations since she had moved. It wasn't fair when interaction crept up on her without any time for preparation. Gripping her art supplies once again, she glanced behind the man at the lake. It was really pretty, and the large, open space didn't bother her as much. Simply the presence of someone else who hopefully wouldn't hurt her was reassuring.
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 9 2017, 04:31 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian hadn’t meant to startle anyone, he simply hadn’t been paying attention to his surroundings, too lost in his own thoughts. The girl in front of him seemed a little skittish around him, which wasn’t surprising since it was starting to get dark out. At least that was the reason, and it wasn’t the pirate causing more problems.

He smiled kindly at her to appear as non-threatening as possible. “Don’t worry, I was doing the same. It’s a nice place for it. Quiet and peaceful. Besides, I’ve always been a fan of the water.” The lake and the ocean were two of Killian’s favorite spots, but it was a bit too cold for the coast today. He couldn’t wait for warmer weather when the fish would be more active.

He looked down at the supplies in her hands. “You come out here to draw?” he asked. “It’s a little dark for that don’t you think?”

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Blurb~
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 10 2017, 12:59 AM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko
Day:Autumn 2, Friday at 7PM
Tag:Belle

Alacrity smiled back despite her ragged breathing. He seemed rather nice and calm, so she tried to ease herself without letting down her guard. There was still a small chance her would hurt her, but he honestly seemed like the honest type, despite his dark appearance. There was something lurking behind the shadows that she just couldn't quite understand and it continued to set her nerves on end.

Still studying his face, she almost missed what he was saying and it was only because his mouth moved that she noticed. “Don’t worry, I was doing the same. It’s a nice place for it. Quiet and peaceful. Besides, I’ve always been a fan of the water.” He spoke softly and she noticed a bit of a dreamy look in his eyes as he mentioned the water.

She glanced to the lake, silently agreeing. It was beautiful, but she knew she would hate to live on it for a long period of time. "You come out here to draw? It's a little dark for that don't you think?" He questioned, causing her gaze to snap back to him. It quickly fell to her supplies once she processed his words.

"Well....I guess I did come out here to draw. I mean I did come out here to draw. It wasn't dark half an hour ago though. I was just really focused." She smiled sheepishly, looking back towards him before turning slightly towards the open field. "I just generally try to avoid open spaces, so the water wouldn't be the place for me. It's gorgeous however."

She didn't regret much of that phrase. It was a good feeling.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 01:26 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian wasn’t use to running into people out here this late. He knew there were a few homes nearby on Bluehollow Drive, so some of the occupants there may wander down here in the evening. Getting a house on Bluehollow was actually something Killian would have to think about. He and Robin couldn’t continue to live in that small apartment above his shop.

He nodded as she explained that she had been drawing but had been super focused. He could lose track of time here as well, though he didn’t have much in the way of any artistic abilities. He always thought of the lake as a good place to think, but Killian had grown up constantly surrounded by water so it was a calming place for him.

He raised an eyebrow when she said she avoided open spaces. “Why’s that?” he asked. “Most people prefer open space rather than being crowded. Probably why most of us live here and not in the city.”

“Oh,” he said, reaching a hand out to her. “I’m Killian by the way.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 01:48 PM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko
Day:Autumn 2, Friday
Weather:Sunny
Tag:Belle

She noticed his surprised expression, finding herself matching it in confusion before she realized just how odd her statement really was. It was true, but still odd. She was about to attempt to explain when he spoke, giving her an actual reason to explain the odd fear. "Why's that? Most people prefer open space rather than being crowded. Probably why most of us live here and not in the city.” Alacrity tilted her head and glanced to the side, taking a moment to think of an answer.

When she looked back, something in mind, he was holding his hand out and smiling. "Oh...I'm Killian, by the way." She did what any normal person would, taking his hand and shaking it as a way of greeting. Her smile mirrored his.

"I'm Alacrity," she replied, bringing her hand back to clutch at her art supplies. "And I guess...." There was a bit of hesitation for a moment and she once again looked away, not quite brave enough to meet his gaze. "It's kind of an irrational fear. I like being alone...but in small spaces if that makes sense?" Her gaze scanned the horizon around them. "It just terrifies me to be alone in big spaces." She exhaled and turned back, nodding her head as if to reassert what she explained. It made sense to her. There was reasoning behind it, of course, so it wasn't as irrational as she had made it sound, but it was better then shrugging the question off.

Alacrity had used to do that a lot. Not many people enjoyed interacting with her because of it. She had been so utterly awkward, and looking back on it made her cringe. Now she was still awkward, just more on the inside then anything, and those who judged her didn't outright say anything about it.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 14 2017, 10:28 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian nodded slightly, though he couldn’t share the sentiment with her. He never liked being alone, it was why he had spent so little time in his own apartment before Robin came to Ioana. He liked being around people, he likes to socialize. Well, at least when it wasn’t too late at night and he didn’t have to fear them meeting his other self.

“Well, you’re not alone out here anymore,” he said with a grin. “Of course, I guess running into a stranger can be just as frightening as being alone. Maybe you could look into getting a pet, like a dog or something. Then you could bring him out with you when you’re in places like these. Maybe you’d feel a bit safer?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 04:53 AM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko
Nivalis Lake /|\ Autumn 2, 7PM /|\ Sunny

She watched him intently for a moment, realizing far too late how awkward and creepy it might seem. She tilted her head downwards, exhaling softly through her nose, her bangs falling in front of her face. The breeze blew them a bit and she focused on that. “Well, you’re not alone out here anymore,”he responded, gaining her attention once again.

Her tentative smile grew a little; she couldn't help but agree.

“Of course, I guess running into a stranger can be just as frightening as being alone. Once again she had to agree. Killian had been pretty intimidating upon first impression, but now his threat was lessened a bit, as well as her earlier paranoia. Maybe you could look into getting a pet, like a dog or something. Then you could bring him out with you when you’re in places like these. Maybe you’d feel a bit safer?”

The time her smile grew into a grin as she looked up at him, eyes wide with inspiration. "That's a wonderful idea!" The idea of it seemed too good. Having a dog with her probably would help, and having a constant companion would be very comforting. She had wanted a pet before, but forgot in the chaos of moving to a completely knew place. But now, with the idea implanted in her mind, she decided to maybe go through with it. "I mean....really good. Thank you!" Her grip tightened on her notebook and she turned, facing the fields.

The sunset was gorgeous. "For now I shall have to fare on my own..."There was one little problem. Where would she find a dog in Ioana? It might take a bit of research and traveling to find a breeder, and training the dog right would be a whole other challenge. She decided to worry about it later.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 17 2017, 04:14 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian wasn’t sure how the girl felt about dogs, but maybe a dog would make her feel safer when she was out walking on her own. If nothing else, it would at least be a companion when the sun went down.

He grinned when she seemed to like the idea. “No problem,” he said. “Being alone is nice, but sometimes you want someone around. Dogs are known for being loyal companions, you just gotta find the one that suits you best.” Killian always wanted a dog. He wondered if dogs knew how to deal with pirates?

“Until then maybe avoid being alone when it’s getting late out,” he said with a light chuckle. “Did you recently move here?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 01:50 PM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko
Nivalis Lake /|\ Sunny /|\ Autumn 2, 7PM

He was making sense, she supposed. But she had really wanted to come out here and draw, having lacked inspiration anywhere else. And besides, what type of person are you if you don't try to face your fears every once and a while? Alacrity realized shortly after that thought that she faced her fears daily. It was almost funny. She didn't like being alone, and yet hated interacting with people.

She smiled though at his chuckle, even though she lost track of what he was saying. “Did you recently move here?” He questioned, drawing her train of thought back to reality. She nodded in response, then tilted her head and considered it.

"Yeah.....I guess you could say that. I moved here near the end of Summer..." She paused again and shrugged. "I guess it wasn't that long ago. So yes."
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 04:24 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian nodded when she explained when she moved to the Valley. It explained her fear. The Valley was still a new place to her and she was still growing accustomed to the lay of the land.

“Well it takes a little while to get use to the place, but it’s definitely a nice town to live in. I’ve been here about three years now myself. Probably will be here for the rest of my life, unless my wife’s work takes us elsewhere.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 01:42 PM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko

She nodded along with what he was saying, at least trying to pretend she was a relatively agreeable person. He talked for a bit, stopping after mentioned his wife's work. That got her attention for a moment, and she was curious as to what Killian's wife did, but decided not to pry.

Her recent move still didn't explain her fear. She had had it for years, but being in a new place didn't really help. "It is a nice town," she agreed, nodding. It was so adorable, and the perfect size for her. It was small, which was nice, but all of the people were so friendly and easy to talk with. She really had no excuse to avoid people anymore, which was a tad bit annoying.

She glanced around their surroundings, taking in the sun that set in the distance. It was very beautiful, and she couldn't wait to go home and turn her sketch into a painting. It was getting late anyways. "It's....It's getting dark out. I should probably head back home. I hope you don't mind," she decided. Even with someone standing there the darkness was iffy, and she shouldn't place her trust in a man she just met.

That would be silly, of course.
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 10:10 AM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian wouldn’t keep the girl any longer. She seemed skittish enough and he didn’t want to cause her to go into any kind of panic attack. He nodded, taking half a step back towards the lake edge. “No, that’s fine,” he told her, knowing it was in her best interest to leave him. Who knew when the pirate would come out to pay. “I think I’ll stay here a little while and continue my thinking.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Blurb~
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 01:44 PM

Resident bab

Alacrity Ryoko

Alacrity stuttered a couple times over words that failed to come, and she resorted to staring at the ground. It was late, and she was usually at home regretting her day at this point. It was instinct to get in a negative mood. What should she say?

He probably wouldn't mind if she just walked away at this point, and yet she felt obligated to say something. "Yeah....thanks? Bye!" There. Perfect. Bye would have been better, but she was over and out, clutching her drawing stuff tightly and turning to walk away.

The darkness was really starting to get to her and she shut her eyes for a moment. Just without Killian in her line of sight left her uncomfortable. He could come up and mug her at anytime. In her unease she glanced behind herself.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.