L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

[!] Firefly Festival, Summer 28th, Year Two
Summers Past
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 10:08 AM

Administrator

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 3

Rep: 1 pts

With the crowd now fully formed, the mayor makes his way to the edge of the lake. A megaphone in one hand, and a lantern in another, prepared to make his speech for the release of the lanterns.

"Hello everyone and thank you for joining us in another year celebrating the Firefly Festival," Mayor Tobias called out. "Whether you are here to celebrate love, or to remember a lost loved one, we must all remember to push forward and live a life worth remembering.”

The mayor held his lantern up above his head. "The valley has lost many in the past few years, and today is a day to remember that. We use this day to reminisce on the memories we had before and plan for our future. May these lanterns light our way," Mayor Tobias added. He turned behind him and placed his lantern in the water, watching it float away before turning back to the crowd.

"If you haven’t already, be sure to grab a lantern and join your fellow villagers in the release of the lanterns in honor of those who have gone before us. May they light our way towards a better tomorrow," he concluded, moving aside to allow the remainder of the villagers to release their lantern.

Now is the time to release your lanterns in the water. If your character has not yet grabbed one, make your way to the booth and grab your lantern.
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 12:00 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE
Festival Post

[align=left]Hayden listened to him as he spoke of being from a family of wealth, though he mentioned that he lived just outside of the city, so he wasn’t part of Whitmont. Most people that she had known in Westhaven of any wealth of status had been raised within Whitmont’s community, and many of them didn’t come to Ioana for no reason. Mal seemed full of hope, something that these days she had almost none of. It was both refreshing and daunting to see someone with so much determination in them. She held her Lantern close to her chest. “I moved here five years ago myself. I was from Westhaven but I needed a…change of scenery.” She said, trying to put it in non-complicated term

She remembered Fancy parties only because her mother and father had been invited to play at some of them and she had come along. She wasn’t really one for them at all. She didn’t like the constricted way she felt when having to converse with people raised in an entirely different world than she was. You had to act a certain way, do things the way they considered proper, and she was only glad that her mother and father themselves had decided to let Brandon and herself live normal lives, and experience things the ways that children were supposed to. “I never really liked parties like that. Not my scene. Half the foods there have names I can’t even pronounce.” She joked, choosing a plot by the lake to sit, she plopped down just next to Rusty, who was panting as her gaze followed a firefly.

“I just want to release it and go home.” She stated as she leaned back on the grass. “Not trying to kill your magical mojo Mal, I just…don’t particularly come here for the pretty scenery.” She said in the flat tone she always used. “But it is respectful to do this every year. I learned that the first year I moved in.” When the call came to release the Lanterns, she motioned to Mal, indicating he should be prepared to release his.

&& tagged --- Ammy McKay
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #58A38E
&& outfit --- [x]
&& lyrics --- “airplanes” by b.o.b.
&& notes --- --
&& credit --- &gin in a jigger- of Shadowplay!

-----------

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

[align=left]
She leaned against Oliver’s side, taking his words with a soft nod. She never felt so strangely safe when t came to anyone, and it was a feeling that scared her when it came to Oliver. How did she get so comfortable? How did she get so comfortable in the first place? She had been trying so hard to convince herself that she wanted to distance herself from Oliver, but wrapped against his form like this she couldn’t say she had felt as calm anywhere else, especially when he was telling her that her father wouldn’t want to see her sad.

“I never thought you could be so deep.” She joked quietly, though she was grateful for the encouragement. Oliver was a strange person, and figuring out all his mysteries proved as impossible as he wanted to make it. And maybe she liked to try, that was clear to her now.

“They’re here.” She stated, “So don’t flatter yourself.” She nudged him lightly, before looking back to the water. “I just….usually like to be alone when I do this. They’re nice enough to keep me around even after what happened with my father. Janet has never treated me like I don’t belong there.” She explained. “So I don’t like to burden them with any of my grief.” She answered genuinely. “It just makes it easier for all of us.” She said. “So I suppose when this is all over I’ll find them so we can go home.” And then there was the call to release the Lanterns, and Scout looked up at the sky before looking at Oliver, taking her Lantern in hand. "I guess we should release them." She said with a soft though unconvincing smile.

&& tagged --- Belle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --
PM
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 07:37 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

summer 28, y2 | george/Ethereal | winter meadows | LET'S MAKE THIS SHIT ACTUALLY OFFICIAL, K

He'd made sure that they had a place near the water with their lanterns, because then it was just a simple case of leaning forward to put them in. Having to haul themselves back into the wheelchairs to do it was too much of a hassle, and especially since the both of them had dressed nicely for the occasion - he'd actually found one of his old ties from the military, and he had his badges tucked on the inside of his jacket for these remembrances. He did things like this out of respect for the soldiers lost, normally, but this year it had the extra, added beauty that was George, and a whole new feeling to the memories he was releasing into the lake. Not only the past, but hopes that their future - their future could carry on and be long and lasting.

He couldn't help but smile at the awkward conversation. They were both so used to talking practically all the time through their fingers, he realised, that things like this were lost on them - sitting together without saying a thing. Bran had been planning to use this day to finally make everything official, but he, like George with starting the conversation, had no idea how to bring it up. He was going to answer when he noticed everyone moving for their lanterns.

"We - we should do the lanterns, but I want to ask you something," he finally replied, reaching for his lantern and setting it off into the waters the same time as George, watching the lights fade away into the distance with a chewing of his lip and a thought about what he wanted to say. Eventually, he got the courage to finally turn to George and face him, hands quivering.

He had been to war, but this was one of the most terrifying things he had to do in his life.

"George, I - I wanted to ask. I know we haven't - we've done all these things over the last season, the last year, even, and now we're here - I'm so grateful for that," he signed, being so careful to maintain eye contact even if all he wanted to do was stare at his knees. "I just - I wanted to - shall we - shall we make this official? Would - would you be my boyfriend?" How words could feel so foreign on his fingers, he had no idea, and it was clumsy and messy and awkward like the entirety of Bran's being, but it was what he wanted to say. He needed to say it, even if it was riddled with nothing but awkward hope.

PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 23 2016, 08:56 AM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Oliver Triston
Summer 28th, Year Two ֎ Evening ֎ Clear
user posted image

Oliver wasn’t usually someone to have deep conversations with, but he felt the need to comfort Scout here. He couldn’t say what it was about her that brought out this protective side of him. It was different, a bit strange. It was an Oliver that he himself wasn’t quite sure he knew or where he even came from.

“I’m sure they share your grief too. Probably not to the same extent as you, but he was family and you are too,” he said looking at her even though she wasn’t looking to him. He moved his far from her waist to wrap around her shoulders instead, rubbing her arm gently.

“I suppose when this is all over I’ll find them so we can go home.”

He couldn’t help but grin mischievously at her statement. He knew that she more than likely meant go home with her family, but she had made the first move for once and kissed him today. He wondered how far he could push that little incident. “When you say ‘we’ do you mean you and your family or me and you?” he asked playfully. “I mean I don’t mind taking you home. It’s better than taking the train back I’m sure.”

The mayor stepped up then, calling for the release of the lanterns. Oliver couldn’t help but get distracted during his speech thinking how funny it would be to scare the mayor with a sneaky approach before leaving. But he was with Scout for now. Unless she decided to go back to her family, his fun would have to wait another day. He removed his arm from Scout, standing up and holding out a hand to assist her to her feet. In his other he held his lantern. “Ready to ‘light your way toward a better tomorrow?’” he said with a chuckle.

user posted image
Wearing ֎ Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Nov 24 2016, 01:56 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

user posted image
Tag
Killian Chaucer (Belle)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festival

The blond began taking the food out of the basket after he had opened it. ”I think it would be a good tradition, I mean, it will be our tradition until we’re old and annoyed at everything and everyone and we can’t move.” she said with a laugh, she wasn’t exactly joking, she did plan on having a picnic by the lake every single year.

Taking out the sandwiches, Robin took a deep breath and looked at Killian. ”Before you start eating…I might be pregnant.” she said it, she dropped the bomb with a slight innocent face. All that was so new to her that she had no idea how to announce it to him, so it just came out like that.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png

Firefly Festiva

Maxine looked at the woman, she really wasn’t sure why she was talking to her in the first place and she didn’t know how to even reply to whatever the woman had said, but it didn’t matter, it was irrelevant.

When the woman asked for her name, Max looked at her with a confused looked, she didn’t ask for the woman’s name, why was she giving it to Max and asking Max’s? ”My name is Maxine…” Max said, but before continuing she noticed it was time for the lanterns. ”I’m sorry, it’s time for the lanterns, I must leave. Goodnight.” Max said trying to escape the conversation and trying to finish what she had to do in order to go home.

Max soon disappeared into the crowd.

PMEmail
^
Genie
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 12:20 AM

Newly Hatched

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 2

Rep: 0 pts

Tag: Tecri & Open

Myra could tell as the girl spoke her name that this conversation had probably run its course. Then there was an announcement about lanterns, and by the time Myra turned back around, Maxine had already moved through the crowd.

"...may good fortunes follow you, Maxine and may you be blessed by the Goddess," she said softly, almost like a prayer. She held no ill will towards her; Myra had gotten more out of Maxine then she had expected to. Some twenty years ago she had been very similar.

Humming softly to herself, she moved through the crowd now, looking for the lantern booth. When she found it, she was handed one and pointed towards where they were to be released. Perhaps many people used this time as a romantic outing, but Myra would use it to remember her parents. Gently brushing past the others, she went to the edge of the water. There was an awkward pair of men, seeming to be on the brink of some decision; couples on blankets, smiling and laughing; and others who seemed to genuinely be here to grieve.

'May they all be blessed and find good fortune,' she prayed silently before touching the lantern to her forehead.

'Mother...Papa...you were blessings I could not see. Losing you has broken my heart, but I have put it back together...I pray where you are is peaceful and warm. Rest well.'

For several more seconds she sat there, lantern pressed to her forehead, eyes closed. The heat of the lantern began to seep through the paper, warming her skin. Then, she lowered it and placed it on the water. After a moment of hesitation, she let go, and watched it slowly drift away from her.

user posted image
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 09:32 AM

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

[align=left]
She felt his arm move up to her shoulders and leaned against him, closing her eyes as he spoke of the grief that the rest of the family undoubtedly shared. “Mm…” Her tone was agreeing as she thought about it. They did, she had no doubts about it. Janet had grieved for months after her father’s death, Jason’s moods were more out of control, and Lucille was a lot more resigned during this time. “They do, I’m sure of it. But me remaining with them even after my father was gone is imposing on them enough. So they don’t need to see me like this every year.” She mentioned, though she didn’t seem to carry on the subject for much longer than that.

She looked up at him when he asked her what she meant when she said going home. She rolled her eyes, pushing his shoulder. “I meant with my family.” She stated clearly, shaking her head, but she looked away for a moment, biting her lip in thought. She knew what she was thinking, but to Oliver of all people, did she really want to say it? Maybe she could trust him more than his reputation had previously been allowing her? She wasn’t so sure, but she decided maybe that if it didn’t work out, then she’d be fine. Maybe it would be what she wanted as well. “But…” She began, finally looking up at him. “I…wouldn’t mind going home with you.” She said, just before the mayor had stepped up to announce the release of the lanterns.

She took Oliver’s assistance in getting off the ground, holding her lantern tightly as she stepped to the edge of the bank. “As I’ll ever be.” She answered Oliver before looking down at her lantern. She thought deeply about her father for a few moments, the pain and how hard it had been. But she was still here, and she hoped he was proud of her so far. Then she released her Lantern into the water, watching as it joined the others.

&& tagged --- Belle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Nov 27 2016, 05:10 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

George E. Burton
SUNDAY SUMMER 28, YEAR TWO • EVENING • SUNNY
"The two of us a perfect fit, you're all mine, all mine"

George edged closer to the edge of the river and gently placed his lantern into the water. He was silent, and though his mind wanted to be focused on the sight of a dozen lighted lanterns beginning to drift down towards the sea, he couldn’t focus because Bran had something he wanted to say, and George’s heart was quickening.

He didn’t have anybody he’d loved and lost to pray for on his lantern, and though George dedicated a portion of it to his ancestors, those he hadn’t known, the rest of his wish (even though he wasn’t sure if he was supposed to make one) was dedicated to Bran. It was a quick thought, for George only had a second to wish it as he needed to face Bran’s hands to hear what he had to say, but that only made it all the more meaningful. He wished for Bran to be happy.

George was blushing wildly as Bran began to sign, and, in his heart, he knew what was coming next though his mind struggled to keep up. He couldn’t believe this was happening.

“Yes,”
George quickly signed back. “Of course.”

Then, George leaned forward, and softly kissed Bran’s lips, just for good measure.
Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 11:27 AM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian was pleasantly surprised at how well the evening was going. He didn’t feel the pull of slumber coming over him yet, which meant that the pirate wasn’t making his appearance any time soon. Hopefully Robin wouldn’t have to deal with the pirate at all tonight.

Killian was ready to bit into one of the sandwiches Robin had packed when she gave him the news. “P-p-pregnant?” he asked, a hint of panic in his voice. He was shocked. He wasn’t expecting this kind of news. Could he even be a father to a child? Robin already had to take care of him during the evenings. He didn’t want her having to take on him and a baby. What if the pirate hurt them both? He just wasn’t ready for this responsibility yet.

“A-a-are you sure? I thought we were being careful.”

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Tecri

Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver was happy when Scout had agreed to go home with him. He was looking forward to extending his time spent with her, and he was looking forward to enjoyable activities that could be partaken in at home.

Together they walked to the edge of the lake, both quiet as they thought about their lost fathers. Oliver silently thanked his father for his good fortune, asked him for the strength to continue his company as he would have wanted it, and told him he loved him before setting his lantern into the lake to drift with the others.

He stood watching it float away for a while before taking Scout’s hand in his. “Do you want to go find your family before we leave?” he asked, turning to her. “Don’t want them to think you’ve been kidnapped, right?” he said jokingly to break the somber mood.

user posted image
Wearing ֎ Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Dec 7 2016, 10:39 AM

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

[align=left]
She was mesmerized by the floating lights that made their way across the water’s surface, and she wondered if her father would really get her message, as she did every year. She licked her lips as she tried to stem herself from crying, succeeding although a carefully drawn out breath escaped her in that moment. She took her attention off the water and put it on Oliver as he took her hand. She still wasn’t sure that this was going to be a good idea, that this would end well for her as a whole.

But she squeezed his hand in response, pushing those thoughts from her head for the moment. She nodded, looking around to see where they might be. She caught sight of Lucy, who was coming up from the bank with her boyfriend Aaron at her side, and her sister caught her eye from across the area, her gaze shifting to Scout’s hand in Oliver’s. She seemed to understand, and gave her a nod before turning, supposedly to look for Janet. “I uh…let’s go. They know I’m okay.” She wasn’t sure what was right anymore, but she was going to let go of those fears for now. Tonight would be there night, and she’d worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

&& tagged --- SleighBelle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 11:49 AM

user posted image
Tag
Killian Chaucer (SleighBelle)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festival

Robin watched Killian, she understood how hard it was for him, but she couldn’t understand the panic, she was sure he was overreacting the about the whole situation, not to mention she said ‘might’ not that she was.

”Did I say that I was? I said that I might be. Why are you even overreacting? I understand how hard it is for you but it’s not going to be the end of the world Killian.” she said looking at him. Perhaps she wasn’t being understanding, but she wasn’t sure how he could just overreact like that.

PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 11:31 AM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

Killian was scared to say the least. He couldn’t even trust the pirate to behave around Robin or Ender, how could he expect him to behave around a baby. He couldn’t ask Robin to take care of him and a baby at night. They stayed up all night and wanted to be fed and taken care of.

“It’s not that I wouldn’t like to have a kid one day, but is now the best time?” he said, a hand running through his hair. “I can’t even trust the pirate to keep you safe. How can I be expected to trust him with a baby? What kid should grow up with a father that messed up?” It wasn’t a life he would wish on anyone.

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: TeChristmas
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 02:20 PM

user posted image
Tag
Killian Chaucer (Belle)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festival

”I’m not saying that it is Killian, I’m just saying that this might happen, there’s no point in freaking out about it.” Robin said putting her hands on her hips, she was getting upset with Killian, he was freaking out over something that might not even happen.

When Killian spoke about the pirate, Robin was about to say something unpleasant, but she stopped herself from doing so, he was controlled by the pirate ever since it showed up, Killian never fought it, never let himself be himself because of the damn pirate.
PMEmail
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 03:17 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

“I’m not freaking out,” Killian told her, absentmindedly rubbing the back of his head. “I’m just concerned, aren’t you?”

The pirate had always been something that held Killian back in life. He and Robin could have started a life together a lot sooner but because he was afraid of the pirate being a burden on others, or hurting someone, he hadn’t allowed himself to get close.

“I would love to start a family with you Robin, it’s just a kid shouldn’t grow up with a pirate for a father.”

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Tecri
PMWebsite
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 03:34 PM

user posted image
Tag
Killian Chaucer (Belle)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festival

”Yes you are, I am concerned as well but there’s no point in acting like that before we’re sure.” she said looking at Killian. She somehow understood how he felt, he was scared for her and the baby, but things happen and he can’t stop living his life because he’s afraid the pirate will show up when he least expects.

”But the kid’s father would be you, not the pirate, or are you telling me you decided to become a pirate when you’re awake.” she said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. ”I think you let the pirate control your life, every chance you have you get concerned that the pirate will take it, maybe, maybe that’s why he’s still around.”
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.