L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

[!] Firefly Festival, Summer 28th, Year Two
Hakumei
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 05:21 PM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

Summer 28, y2 | auden/Aofie | winter meadows | she's a gr8 girlfriend-not-girlfriend-yet

She had been very excited to ask Auden to come to the Firefly Festival with her, and she had dressed up special for the occasion, bearing a flowy summer dress that she could spin around in. She was always excitable for things like this, especially when she considered them to be dates, but practically everything to Elluka was a date. It was just a case of seeing if anything was coming of their friendship - Elluka could almost feel her heart wanting to rip itself out of her chest for Auden, but she wanted to see if the same was coming from Auden. She thought they made a pretty cute couple, nonetheless.

She was waiting at the meadows, right at the entrance, her converse making holes in the mud as she twisted the ball of her foot around in the ground. Elluka didn't want to go and find them a spot and then have Auden think that she had ditched because she couldn't find her - she'd come with blankets and cakes and even a few candles just in case it got a bit too dark and they couldn't see a damn thing. Elluka was hoping that she didn't need them though. Fireflies were so pretty.

Spotting Auden's familiar form, she waved frantically. "Auden! Auden! Over here!"

user posted image

summer 28, y2 | george/Ethereal | winter meadows | LET'S MAKE THIS SHIT ACTUALLY OFFICIAL, K

It seemed right to take George to the Firefly Festival. They had been hovering in this odd predicament of not really knowing what they were doing, whether they were official or whether they were just friends with an odd benefits scheme. It was definitely not a good way to be thinking about things, in that case. Bran wanted to take George somewhere that solidified things. The Firefly Festival, one of the nurses had slyly told him, was meant for romantic things like that, and he didn't see any harm in it. He knew by now that most of the hospital had been wondering when they were going to start dating.

So Bran had asked, George had said yes, and they had gone down to the festival together, on the train, the same way that they always did. Bran's parents had packed him a bag of blankets, of food, of drinks, of practically everything that they might need, especially in an emergency, and Bran was confused as to why they needed this much. The bag was very heavy on his lap, and he was very worried that it was going to go toppling off of his lap at some point.

But now, they were sitting on blankets, in the meadow, and Bran quite liked not having to be sitting on a wheelchair. It was always a pain in the butt to get back in, but Bran had got used to it after having to haul himself out of bed into the wheelchair. It wasn't really anything different. And there was nothing like getting out of the city for something like this. With hands covering each other's absentmindedly.
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 01:56 AM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Killian Chaucer
Summer 28th, Year Two ֎ Evening ֎ Clear
user posted image

Killian laughed when Robin said she would tie the pirate to the tree if she had to. “Oh, so that’s why you really chose this spot,” he joked. “It’ll definitely make the festival more interesting.”

Killian didn’t say much more about the pirate after that. He always worried that talking about the pirate would summon him into existence quicker, and for Robin’s sake, he couldn’t allow that to happen. Robin didn’t get to have a normal life because of his condition, and he wanted her to be able to enjoy the festivals as much as she could before she would have to play babysitter to a pirate.

Robin was especially quiet as they sat there, and Killian gave her a gentle squeeze. “Hey, you’re really quiet. Everything alright?”

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Tecri

Oliver Triston
user posted image

"I think they're pretty practical," Oliver said with a grin. What was more practical than knowing the perfect time, or the perfect way, to annoy Scout a little. He actually thought it was cute when her nose crinkled when she was trying to keep herself from slapping him.

He sat down to make himself comfortable on the blanket. It was odd that Oliver had chosen to show up early to the festival for once. It was like his body was pulling him to the places Scout was. It made sense though. He had been trying hard to seduce her since they had met, and while he had stolen some kisses from the redheaded girl, they had yet to make their way to the bedroom. The Firefly Festival was at romantic festival so maybe that would change tonight.

"I don't think anyone reads textbooks as much as you do," he teased as he flipped open the book. As he felt her lean into him, he instinctively wrapped one arm around her waist, the book propped open in his lap.

"Sea Cucumbers?" he questioned, looking at the images of the nasty sludge like creatures. "That is possibly the ugliest looking thing I have ever seen. They should call it a Sea Hogpile instead." So much for romance at this thing. It was hard to feel romantic when you were looking at pictures of something that looked like a pile of shit.

user posted image
Wearing ֎ Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Genie
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 04:54 PM

Newly Hatched

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 2

Rep: 0 pts

Tag: Open, Max Smith ( Tecri )

Myra listened to her, gaining some insight to what this festival was about. And what the young woman thought the festival was not about. Myra imagined this young woman had a lot of opinions. It did seem a rather strange time to be romantic, when the focus was meant to be on the ones they had lost.

"I'm sure there are some who are deceased who would mind very much that their festival had been turned into a make shift Valentine's Day..." she said before smiling and looking back at the woman, "But I suppose they don't get much say in it. Though it is indeed a shame that it has lost its' original intention."

That kind of festival was much more interesting and spiritually fulfilling to Myra then one meant for couples. True, she could get some good business, but she knew which one she'd prefer to attend.

"I am sorry for you loss, and that this festival isn't a comfort to you," she said softly and sincerely.

user posted image
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 06:17 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

She felt his arm snake around her waist, and though Scout normally would have fussed, shook it loose, it was starting to become more…normal to her than she knew she once would have liked. Maybe this exact action wasn’t something he did every day, but his touch became more ordinary, and she found it became easier for her to become lost in the warm feeling within her chest. She continued to rest her head against his shoulder as he thumbed through the marked pages of her textbook. “They probably don’t, but they’re missing out. There’s so much to learn and textbooks hold plenty of the knowledge.” She mentioned, before her eyes drifted to the Lantern at his side.

She couldn’t help her laughter when he spoke about Sea Cucumbers being ugly. “Well you know Oliver, not everything was born beautiful.” She mentioned as she reclaimed the book and placed it back down in front of them. “Sometimes they’re born Sea Cucumbers, and that’s just how it ends up. At least you weren’t born a sea cucumber right?” She mentioned with a small playful nudge to his side. Though her smile faded as her attention drifted back to his Lantern. She finally sighed, reaching over to drag her own into her lap.

“This one isn’t his favorite shade of blue, but I hope by now my dad gets the message I’m trying to send, and doesn’t worry too much about what color it comes in.” She said, biting her lip to stem tears as she set it down. She glanced at Oliver, quiet for a moment before reaching up. She didn’t want to ruin the night, not when she had company that she didn’t mind being there with her for the evening. Not when Oliver was there. Her kiss was sweet, distracting for her. She only hoped it wasn’t a bother for Oliver as she pulled away. “Y-You don’t think he’d care…right?”

&& tagged --- Belle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& lyrics --- “airplanes” by b.o.b.
&& notes --- --
&& credit --- &gin in a jigger- of Shadowplay!
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 08:05 PM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

“You can also learn through experiences, you know,” he said, thumbing through the books pages. “Like when we took the boat out. You can’t live your whole life with your nose in the books.” Sure you could learn from books all day, but if all you did was study the books, instead of going out and experiencing the world, then what use was the knowledge to begin with.

She took the book back and placed it on the ground. “If I had been born a Sea Cucumber, I don’t think I would ever leave the house,” he said with a laugh. “But luckily we both were born angelfishes instead,” he said with a grin.

He watched curiously as she pulled her lantern into her lap. The release was still a while away so he wasn’t sure what she was doing with it quite yet. He listened as she spoke of her dad, and was quite surprised when she reached up and kissed him. It wasn’t a long kiss, but it was enough to set off a spark inside him. They had kissed before of course, but Oliver knew he wanted more.

Oliver reached his free hand up to cup her cheek, his other arm still wrapped around her waist. “I’m sure he knows that you love him and miss him,” he whispered to her, looking into her deep blue eyes. “He doesn’t care what color that love comes in.” He gently stroked her cheek before instinctively pulling her closer and planting his lips on hers again.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Ammy McKay
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 09:49 AM

Chick

Mallachy Matthias Volkerson
Summer 28
Tag: Tanuki's Hayden

The dog snatched up the next bite of food. Apparently, she was ravenous. He took another bite of his hotdog and finished it shortly thereafter.

Mal simply nodded when Hayden commented about the adjective he chose to use for the hotdog. "I would love to send the recipe to..." He paused, realizing that out here, he'd have to cook on his own. He had never made a meal himself to save his life, but the chefs always made it look easy, so how hard could it be? "Actually, perhaps it might do well if I learn to make it. Then I can cook it for my sister when she comes over this Fall."

He hadn't realized that there were nuances with introductions among those of the lower class as there were with those of the higher class. Some introductions had nicknames, some did not. Here, there was still a lovely art to the simple social craft of hello and that excited him. He needed to relearn it all sans formalities.

He spun the ring on his middle finger with his thumb. In the warm light, the gem was an intense purplish red, though there was still enough natural light that it would glitter with flecks of a mysterious blue-green. Lindy had given it to him when they were still just friends, before they went out, and after they parted, still the closest of friends.

"Hayden, it is nice to make your acquaintance," Mal said, repeating her name as a polite gesture. "You, too. Rusty." He nodded towards the pregnant dog.

He laughed. "I hadn't realized that it was also customary to introduce yourself by your first name, proper. I've a lot to learn. In that case, my name is Mallachy, but you may call me Mal if you prefer."

When she asked him about what he was doing here, he offered a genteel smile. "I suppose I just wanted to experience what a village festival was like. Fraternize with the locals and everything. All good people thus far. And I hope that I'm eventually accepted as a resident of Ioana." He eyed the lantern that Hayden had gotten earlier. "However, past that, I haven't the faintest clue about what this Firefly Festival entails. I do wish to know more about the culture here."
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 06:52 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 35

Rep: 7 pts

user posted image
Tag
Killian Chaucer (Belle)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festival

Robin looked at Killian when he spoke; everything was alright, she just didn’t know how to tell him a couple of things she needed to tell him, she was mostly scared of his reaction, but she was happy about it, she was thrilled and she still needed to take some exams to be absolutely sure.

”Well, I have to tell you something, but it can wait after we eat, it’s not important.” she said getting a bit closer to him. It would be easier when they get into a more relaxed situation, like eating.

”We should eat, how about it? I’m getting hungry.”

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/redheart_zps7quzdxl5.png

user posted image
Tag
Myra (Genie)
OOC

OUTFIT HERE!

Firefly Festiva

”The problem is it’s the perfect set up for something cute or whatever.” Maxine said knowing that some people liked to go there on dates. ”It’s not just the romance, honestly, it’s the hypocrisy of people, I don’t need a day to tell me that I should pay respect for the dead, I can do that any day of the week.”

Maxine got up and stared at the woman. ”I already paid my respect, it’s not that it’s uncomfortable it’s that is rather annoying.” Max spoke; it was clear that the young female wasn’t a fan of company, or a fan of people she didn’t know. Max wasn’t the nicest person to be around if she wasn’t in the mood and now she wasn’t in the mood, but the woman was being nice and polite.

”You’re not a native to Ioana are you?”

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 06:55 PM

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE
Festival Post

She wanted to let him know that there wasn’t really any one way to make a hot dog, and if he wanted them to taste the way they did here then all he had to do was buy a package of the links from the local store. Of course she didn’t open her mouth at all, because that would have been far too much effort. After all, It wasn’t like packages of hotdogs were very uncommon. She was sure that he’d find them laying around the local grocery eventually. So she didn’t need to tell him any of that, no instead she nodded when he introduced himself by his full name. But she would oblige to calling him Mal because the whole name would have been too much for her to try and remember at that very moment with so many other things on her mind.

“Isn’t that hard to get accepted around here if I’m honest. With our smaller population Tobias is always happy to have a new resident and for the most part new people tend to fit in pretty well around these parts.” She mentioned. After all she had been all but a phantom herself among the community up until about three years ago when she had gotten Rusty, the hound having encouraged her and given her a reason to be out among the village, she somehow ended up molding right in.

And he mentioned he didn’t know a thing about the Firefly Festival, and though Hayden really didn’t feel like being Ioana’s next tour guide, she decided she had the time anyway. It wasn’t really like she had come out here with anyone, so he wasn’t exactly holding her up. “Well, Mal… how do I put this…?” the last part was mumbled to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest, the Lantern held in one hand. “The Firefly Festival is a day where the Villagers come together to honor the dead.” She said, holding up the lantern. “We purchase these in memory of those we have lost. Four couples its more of a night for romance and celebrating the love they share, but don’t ask me much about that part, I’m usually only here for the honoring the dead thing.” She explained as she held the lantern away from a sniffing Rusty. “We release these Lanterns all at once, and everyone wins. The dead get remembered and the couples get a romantic atmosphere I guess.”

[/align]

[align=center]&& tagged --- Ammy McKay
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #58A38E
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --

-----------

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

She wasn’t sure what she had been expecting when she pulled him down for a kiss. Here body gave the same shock to her system, her brain gave her heart the same warning which was once again snuffed out by a lack of air that she found herself hardly minding. They pulled apart, and she found that her mind was hazy, but whispered words caused her eyes to blur though her thought process was interrupted again by Oliver’s welcomed intrusion. One hand slipped through into the blonde tresses of his hair and she kissed him until she felt like she couldn’t survive without a new breath, and her brain’s opinion was finally heard over that of her heart’s.

She pulled away, her tongue flicking out over her lips as if to assess the damage to her lipstick. Reaching up she wiped some of it from Oliver’s lip. “You’re right. My dad always did see the brighter side of things.” She said finally, pulling away from him only to cross her legs in a pretzeled style, staring out at the lake before them. “I used to think this was a stupid festival you know. I wasn’t sure how people combined honoring the dead with romance but I guess it just became a place where I ended up feeling closer to him.”

She looked back to Oliver. “But you’re here for that too, aren’t you?” she asked, rubbing the back of her head. His father wasn’t here either. “I’m sorry, I’ve been going on about myself for so long.” She said as she glanced at his lantern. “But, you know I guess that’s what you get for hanging around a nerd who spends too much time with her nose in a textbook. We like to talk.” She teased, a joke to lighten up the strange mood she managed to create.

&& tagged --- Belle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --
PM
^
Ammy McKay
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 12:07 PM

Chick

Summer 28
Tanuki's Hayden Greene

"I do hope you're right..." Mal said, remembering the subtle unrest at the train station when he had arrived. They had judged his clothing and his manners, putting him in the box of ridiculously wealthy, which he was. But now, he wanted to be one of the people who belonged to the valley. His father and mother commented that he shared a lower class dream: Carpentry. But his brother was the only one who really dug into him and thought his goals lacked the ambition he was capable of due to his social class.

He was attentive as Hayden explained the purpose of the lanterns. He wondered how a festival could simultaneously respect the dead and be a romantic place. He thought of the funerals and wakes that he had been to in his life and they had all been such serious affairs. But he thought the idea of buying a lantern and releasing it was such a kind and beautiful gesture.

Though he was curious, he refrained from asking about whose lost life she was dedicating her lantern to. It was rude to do so. And they had only just met. He knew he didn't truly understand the pain of losing someone, but he could understand that the loss ought to be honored.

This festival was different than what he was used to. He was used to all the pomp and circumstance. The speeches and the melancholy music. Wear a black suit. Wear a blank expression. Here, it sounded a lot more uplifting.

"That sounds wonderful," he said. "I would like my own lantern as well." He said this, but in his privileged life, he lost very few people he cared deeply about. He had been to the funerals of his family's business partners and the relatives of their most powerful contacts.

He parted and returned with one, grinning. He couldn't help it. He was excited because he had never done anything like this before.
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 05:05 PM

Killian Chaucer
user posted image

”Well, I have to tell you something, but it can wait after we eat, it’s not important.” He nodded, though it was odd. Why not just tell him now? But he let it go, looking at the lanterns people had with them. Should he release one for his biological parents? They weren’t dead, as far as he knew, but they were people that he had lost, and this far in life without any contact, they felt like they were buried in graves somewhere.

”We should eat, how about it? I’m getting hungry.”

He nodded again, reaching to pull the basket towards them. “Is it going to be a tradition now that once a season we come have a picnic by the lake?” he teased as he opened the basket and pulled out the food she packed.

user posted image
Normal ֎ Wearing ֎ Tag: Tecri

Oliver Triston
user posted image

When Oliver pulled her lips back to his, he felt her hand running through his hair, and he pulled her closer to him at her waist, their bodies melding together into one. Oliver had kissed plenty of girls in his lifetime, but the spark he felt as Scout’s soft lips pressed against his own was different. He couldn’t pinpoint what it was, but it would have to be something he explored at another time. The kiss had lasted longer than the first, but their bodies begged them to come up for air.

Even though they had parted, Oliver still held her close to him as they sat, her staring at the lake, but Oliver kept his eyes on her. Watching her lips move as she spoke about the festival. “Well I think a lot of people want to be close to the ones still in their lives while remembering loved ones that they no longer have. People tend to realize just how short life is when someone they love is no longer a part of it.”

Oliver looked to the lantern that he had placed to the other side of him. He had made it tradition to come release a lantern for his father. After all, he wouldn’t be where he was if it wasn’t for that man. It was really the only Ioana festival that he saw merit in. Once Westhaven absorbed Ioana, he would probably allow that tradition to remain.

“And here I thought you only liked to read,” he teased before looking over to the lake. “My pop passed a few years ago. Heart attack. He’s the only reason I am so successful, so I come out and honor him every year. Usually I just come right before they release the lanterns, but I got here early for some reason this year.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Genie
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 11:28 AM

Newly Hatched

Tag: Max ( Tecri )

Myra listened intently, rather impressed with the clarity that this young woman expressed herself with. She had strong opinions and was willing to talk about them; something Myra herself rarely did. It was admirable.

"I can see why this event would annoy and frustrate you then," she said with a nod, "It is forced upon you and then does not even deliver what it promised." She looked at the crowd, thinking a moment. Being a new comer, she did not have many ideas in how to resolve the issue. And maybe there wasn't one.

Hearing her next question, she looked back at the young woman and smiled, "No, I am not. I arrived earlier this season. My name is Myra Elowish, by the way. May I ask what your name is?"

user posted image
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Nov 18 2016, 09:11 AM

user posted image

HAYDEN GREENE
Festival Post

She was glad that he hadn’t done much questioning about her own lantern, though truth be told she probably would have lied if he asked anyway. She had worked hard enough trying to build a life here where she didn’t need to think as hard about the things that plagued her. Her parent’s murder had been in the news all around Westhaven for days following the event. But Eugene had been one of the only people who had managed to recognize that she was in fact the same Greene from the Greene Murders. One day she’d be strong enough to face that fact herself, but for now, she’d keep that to those that already knew about it.

He seemed to be listening very closely to her explanation of the purpose of their lantern festival, so closely that she felt a bit daunted in explaining. But perhaps that was just because he didn’t want to present him with the wrong idea. Perhaps the festival was truly a respect of lives lost and how short life truly was, people who loved one another took the time to remember that life on earth itself wasn’t forever, and that they should appreciate what and who they had in their lives. But she decided perhaps her explanation was good enough, he after all seemed satisfied with it.

“I…” She didn’t have time to answer him, because he had walked away, and Hayden wasn’t quite sure what exactly had just happened. Though she also wasn’t sure why she stood there, only moving to look at Rusty and raise an eyebrow as if the dog had some semblance of an idea to what was going on. She snapped herself out of her thoughts as he returned. He was grinning, and she wondered about something. “Hey, if you don’t mind my asking, where exactly do you come from? Don’t you have anything like this where you’re from?” it wasn’t any sort of insult, but something she was truly curious about.

&& tagged --- Ammy McKay
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #58A38E
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --

-----------

user posted image

SCOUT LAYTON
Festival Post

[align=left]
She listened to him quietly and as he insisted silently on holding her, she didn’t protest, instead leaning against his shoulder and closing her eyes for a moment. She hadn’t needed to be at this festival for too many years but each year she kept up the same front. But she was tired of trying to keep that guise up, and Oliver offered her a bit of both relief and comfort, something she hadn’t previously felt while being around him before. But today was so much different from all the other times they had been together. No, today was mellowed, and they both had a reason to be that way.

She opened her eyes again when Oliver mentioned his father, taking a deep breath when he mentioned it was a heart attack, and how he came here every year to honor him since his father was the reason that he was the Oliver Triston that he was at that moment. “Mine too.” She answered finally after a strong silence. “I was at school when it happened, and when I arrived at the hospital he was already…well, it was already too late.” She mentioned, shifting a bit uncomfortably at the mention of it. “But without him, I would have never thought about pursuing my dreams. Sure, I could settle for some typical nine to five job for the rest of my life.” She shook her head, smiling a bit as she chuckled.

“But dad is the reason that I don’t want that. He always told me that if Marine life was what I was passionate about, then I should seriously consider chasing that dream until the day I die.” Maybe it was a bit deep, but what part about this conversation hadn’t been at this point? “I remember asking him what his dream was. His only answer to that was ‘Scout’.” She could feel the tears misting at her eyes but laughed as she wiped her misty eyes with her arm. “He always was a man of few words. But I don’t think any of those words were ever as serious as that one.” But she decided that maybe it was quite enough of being gloomy for one moment. She turned her attention to what Oliver had said about being early.

“I don’t know, maybe you subconsciously decided to be punctual.” She teased. “But I’m not too sorry that you came early.” She admitted, sounding happier than she had been previously. “This thing always sucks more when you’re alone.”

&& tagged --- Belle
&& TOD --- Early Evening
&& Speech--- #006994
&& outfit --- [x]
&& notes --- --
PM
^
Ammy McKay
 Posted: Nov 21 2016, 03:12 AM

Chick

Summer 28
Tag: Tanuki

Mal held the lantern in his hand with a gleeful pride. He was going to be taking part in this sort of festival all on his own. The lantern was like a miniature hot air balloon and he could not wait to release it.

He looked to Hayden when she asked about where he had come from. Sometimes, the difference in the class seemed like he was from another world. He was from old money, generations of his family enjoyed wealth and it changed a lot of things--he never really had to work hard to get what he wanted. He enjoyed a life of amenities and comforts. He knew it, especially now that he was going it alone. And honestly, being alone in that silly little cottage of his was sometimes very hard, but also very rewarding.

"Well, Mal began, trying to figure out how to explain everything. "I'm from Westhaven, but my family is pretty wealthy." Unfathomably wealthy. "We had a private property, a little bit away from the city. We didn't really go to events unless we hosted them. And my mother put so much into the soirees and fundraisers." He smiled, remembering his mother running around, getting everything perfect with ample help from the staff.

"Funerals were a rather private affair. All formalities and decorum and the like. This almost feels like magic. A night of fireflies and lanterns in the sky: Everything glows. It fits. Poetic. I simply cannot wait to see what it shall look like in practice."
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Nov 21 2016, 03:57 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

George E. Burton
SUNDAY SUMMER 28, YEAR TWO • EVENING • SUNNY
"The two of us a perfect fit, you're all mine, all mine"

Just as they’d sat on the beach together earlier in the summer, now they were sat in the meadows together, and George couldn’t think of a more perfect way to spend an evening.

When Bran had asked him to attend the Firefly Festival, George hadn’t known anything about it. He’d assumed it was just another festival, like the Harvest Festival. When it came to the nurses interfering with their relationship, they seemed to go to Bran with their ideas, perhaps as George, though self-confident, was a waiter and not really the type to make the first move. He’d known something was on their minds, however, when he’d visited earlier in the week for his regular check-up and the nurses had hovered around him like the fireflies he could see now.

“So, what’s new with you, George?”

“Are you doing anything fun this weekend?”

And so, George had told them, innocently, that he was attending the Firefly Festival with Bran, to which one of the younger nurses had squealed a little. George was left slightly dazed by the response. He’d long since known that the nurses wanted him and Bran together, but their grins today were even brighter and more hope-filled than usual.

“That’s so sweet,”
one of the more daring nurses said. “I’ve heard it’s so romantic.”

It had then clicked with George that the Firefly Festival wasn’t an ordinary village get-together. Rather than take the bus home that evening, he’d wheeled himself over to the library, searching for a dusty book to reveal all. And now, George was bashful, dressed in a nice shirt and tie because he was really hoping this was a date.

When they needed their hands to talk, it was inevitable that the two would sit in silence sometimes. George’s hand was happily housed underneath Bran’s, after all. Eventually, George pulled it away, so that he could speak.

“This is nice,”
he signed lamely. The frustration he had with himself over resorting to small talk was apparent in the little creases in his brow. “I mean… this is nice.”

Darn. George hadn’t known his hands could be speechless.
Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Belle
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 10:07 AM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver listened as she spoke of her father. It was odd that both of their fathers had passed from heart attacks, but was it really when heart disease was on the rise. Oliver had been at uni when his father had passed, and immediately had to start picking up the pieces of the company, leaving one of his father’s most trusted colleagues to run the day to day while Oliver finished his degree.

There had been no down time for Oliver once he graduated. Once he had his degree in hand, he immediately went about taking over the full operations of his father’s company. He had barely even had time for grieving the loss. There was no time when he went from being a child to a man in the blink of an eye.

“He sounds like a good man,” Oliver said giving her a gentle, reassuring squeeze. “But he wouldn’t want you to be sad now that he’s gone. He’d want you to keep moving forward and pursuing that dream.”

He grinned when she admitted she was kinda happy he came early. “Why didn’t you ask your family to come with you?” he asked her, knowing that she at least had a sister running around that apartment with her. “Or did you come alone hoping I would show up?” he asked with a teasing grin.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.