In Memory of You, Hayden&Brandon
Tanuki
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:44 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageLate Morninguser posted image3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#8e3443

Hayden stared out the window of the car as Adam drove right through the city to get where they were going. The furry beast that was half in her lap thumped her tail against the opposite car door. Today she had coordinated with Brandon that they'd meet at their parent's getaway cabin. They wanted to start restoring things, and so Hayden's contribution to the large project that they had ahead of them was sitting in the bed of Adam's car. several kinds of her mother's favorite flowers, including the lillies that her father had always been super allergic too rested there.

She had wanted to weed out and fill the flower boxes that sat in front of the house with the kinds of flowers she knew that once their mother probably kept there. Adam seemed a little nervous to leave them alone, but this time Hayden insisted it may be better. Perhaps they needed to be alone, there was certain healing you couldn't do with others watching, like the city had been watching them the days following their parents murder, something Hayden had tried so hard and failed to shield her little brother from having to experience. But she was going to try and do a better job of being someone he could rely on when they came out on the other side of this.

She thanked Adam after they had unloaded the flowers, getting there a little before Brandon, and Rusty had already gotten busy sniffing them. "You're going to get one of those stuck up your nose,Rusty." she said in a monotone voice to the dog, who inevitably sneezed after nearly sucking a small petal up her nose. "I warned you." The dog shook her head furiously, pausing with a jingle of her collar as she spotted the unfamiliar man approaching the house. Of course instead of growling of barking, she ran over to him, tail wagging, and Hayden rolled her eyes. "You are truly the world's most amazing guard dog." she stated as she followed up behind Rusty. "Hey, Brandon."

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 7 2018, 06:17 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Brandon Greene
Summer 6, Year 3 • Late Morning • Cloudy
"Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt"
user posted image

Brandon had hailed a car out to the little cabin his parents had kept before they passed. He could have hitched a ride with Adam and Hayden, but this was preferable for him. They were only just beginning the healing process, and there was no need to rush or push things by being stuck in the backseat of a car with one another.

He wasn’t entirely sure how today was going to go. There was a lot of healing he still needed to do and a lot of anger that he hadn’t quite figured out what to do with yet. Hopefully things would be slightly calm between the two siblings, and any emotions he had could be channeled into fixing up the cabin. The place had over five years of dust and grim covering it, so Brandon had filled a bucket with all sorts of cleaning equipment. Some of the rooms he thought could also use a coat of paint, but he would wait on that. He and Hayden could decide what color would be best.

The car pulled up to the cabin and Brandon got out, carrying his supplies up to the fence and was immediately greeted by Hayden’s dog. He sat down his bucket, bending down to give the dog a few scratches behind the ears. He heard Hayden’s voice above him and looked up. “Hey.” He stood up, looking around at the flowers. “You got mom’s favorite,” he said with a small smile.

user posted image
"If you ask me, don't know where to start"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 9 2018, 02:49 PM

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageLate Morninguser posted image3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#8e3443

It wasn't like she wasn't aware that the state of things between herself and her brother was still fragile. After all, you couldn't mend a lot of things in one day, and certainly not what had happened to them. Having Rusty nearby was always a comfort, which was why the dog was there to begin with. The dog's tail wagged as Brandon gave her some scratches behind the ears, and in return the dog attempted to lick his face. Hayden had always known in a home invasion, her dog would probably sooner let the invaders in.

When Brandon finally tore his attention away from her ever annoying but loveable pup, he noticed the flowers and Hayden nodded. "Yeah, I remember how much mom loved a good lily." she thought about it as she picked one up. "Dad hated them but he still brought them for her every occasion he could think of. I think when I asked him why he said something along the lines of 'I'm not allergic to your mother', but he still sneezed for weeks." she added with a slight laugh as she placed it down on the bare window box next to her.

"I'm guessing a good cleaning out of the inside is a good place to start, I was pretty sure I could taste the dust in the air the last time we were in there." she said, motioning to the house. Upon heading inside, she could hear the boards creak over weight they hadn't felt in years. She glanced up at the various Spiders hanging out in the corners and pursed her lips for a moment. "Look, squatters." she said, pointing at the ceiling.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 11 2018, 03:36 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon remembered fondly his parents' love affair when they were still here. His father stopped at nothing to keep his mother happy, even if it meant he might suffer for a while. He had been an amazing role model for Brandon of what kind of man he should grow up to become. He only wished he was still around to continue guiding him.

"He never was afraid to suffer a little for mom's happiness," he said as he watched her sit the flower back down. She motioned for them to head inside and he nodded, following her. There was a lot of cleaning that needed to be done, Brandon saw that last time they were here, and he knew the task was going to take the both of them a very long time. Definitely not something they would finish in a day.

Brandon looked up at the webs and spiders Hayden pointed out. "Mhm, that's going to be fun to clean. Think your dog will eat them for us?" he asked. He could only imagine how many other crawlers were lurking in dark corners. He walked further into the house, sitting the bucket on the small coffee table in the living room. "Well I guess this is as good as a place to start as any."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 15 2018, 06:04 AM

user posted image
#8e3443

Their dad had always been the romantic type, even if he used to lay on the couch and tell Hayden and Brandon he was dying in a dramatic fashion all because he had brought the Lillies of death just for their mother. But they made the table look pretty, he would argue. She hummed softly to herself when he mentioned their dad not minding the suffering for their mom's happiness. "He could have taught a lot of men these days a thing or two." she mentioned with a nod. It was too bad that he was gone, but at the moment she tried not to think about it.

When they went inside and she mentioned the spiders, she laughed when he asked about Rusty eating them. "I think she'd run away from them sooner than she'd eat them." she said, shaking her head. "She met some chickens this spring, she almost got eaten by them.I think it really made her think twice about approaching small creatures." she mentioned, Rusty tilting her head at the tone in Hayden's voice.

"I work in the town hall cleaning it up back in Ioana, so this place can't be that bad." After she said that, she watched as a piece of wallpaper peeled itself off the wall. She glanced over at Brandon and sucked in a breath. "Well, I tried to make it better, but I think we should get to work." She picked up the duster in the bucket and began trying to reach up the wall, however the wall was a bit too tall. "Think you can reach that web?" At town hall, she'd usually ask Eugene to lift her a little bit, so she could reach the web, but maybe Brandon could reach it faster than that.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Yesterday at 08:48 am

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Talking about their parents again brought a lot of memories and emotions up for Brandon. The death of his parents had been something he and his therapist Dr. Grainger had talked about excessively for the two years Brandon had seen her. But talking with someone who actually knew the dead family members you grieved was much different than talking to a doctor who only thought she was saying what you needed to hear.

Brandon sighed, running his hand through his hair. They had a lot of work ahead of them, and standing around reminiscing about their parents wasn’t getting it done any faster. “Well, if Rusty isn’t going to be any help this is going to take longer than I thought.” He shook his head. “If you think over 5 years of dust and neglect isn’t bad, I don’t even wanna know what Town Hall looks like,” he said. He had never been in Town Hall and only spent short moments in the valley limits nowadays.

He watched as she tried to reach up and clean away the web above them. When she couldn’t reach it, he held out his hand for the duster. He reached up on tip toes, just barely able to strike against the spider web. He hit against it until something fell on his face and he jumped back, swiping at his face instead, a spider falling to the ground. “Ah, fuck. That thing almost went in my mouth.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.