L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Strike the match., Lisbeth and Ender
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 08:25 PM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

Spring 3rd

His therapist may not have answered his call, but no fret. When in doubt, sweat it out. It was the only way Ender knew how to control his anger. He wasn't someone who's insecurities or inner turmoil presented in sadness. He didn't like to pout, or feel sorry for himself. Instead, he got mad. He could always tell when it was getting the best of him. First he'd feel hot, his jaw would clench. Not too soon after that the intrusive thoughts would start to dabble in the back of his mind. Usually the voices told him to punch whatever was irking his nerves, of course though, it was never actually that person or thing at the root of his frustration.

This week, he was all out of fucks to give. He'd nearly lost his grip and punched the hard concrete of the locker room wall during shift change last night. Little things were tripping him up now, leaky faucets, coworkers chewing. He knew it was only a matter of time before he snapped.

Ender had called the gym just this morning, he hadn't asked too many questions. Simply said 'yes' to the first trainer who agreed to see him. Kick boxing seemed like an awesome way to take out some of that pent up emotion. He had an awful lot of things to picture as the punching bag for a little extra motivation. He arrived at the health center, his gym bag draped causally over his arm. He'd come dressed so he could get right to it, no waiting around. He made a beeline for the front desk, half with eagerness to begin and the other part of him desperately trying to avoid any more robotic conversation that could possibly set him off

"Ender Basco, I am supposed to meet with a trainer at noon."

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 06:57 AM

skadoo skadae do u know da wae

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

user posted image

| Ender/Aofie | some gym | spring 3 | i am lol hi|

She'd shaped up a lot since her parents had dragged their entire family away from Westhaven to travel and work someplace else for a little while. Lisbeth had no one to fight where she was, and her father had intently forced her into helping him teach martial arts all about the place, and she had had time to recover by herself. There was no memories of what had happened in these new places, no one to reignite those old memories and cause her to scream at night. There was nothing that was going to change what had happened, but the nightmares had started to cease over the last few seasons and Lisbeth had no longer had to worry about every step she took in the cities.

But at the end of Winter, her father had announced that they were going back to Westhaven, and, despite herself, Lisbeth was ready to fight whatever battles that it brought being back in the city. She had gone to work with her father full-time as an instructor, and also taught classes at the nearby gym as representation for him, and so she could recommend other classes for those that she taught kickboxing to. She had learned a lot since she was away - Lisbeth was nearly able to beat her father in most fights nowadays.

She was at work now, having just finished with one client who had come to the gym for kickboxing and she was cleaning up when she got the buzz from the receptionist that her next client was here. The redhead glanced at the clock - they were early. "Let them know I'll be right down," she told the receptionist, as she put the phone down and redid her hair, sorted out the bags and slung her gloves over her shoulder. She'd quickly made a name for herself in the gym, because Lisbeth took on just about anyone who wanted the class, whether it was for therapy reasons, health reasons, or simple sport reasons. She was the most equipped to handle most of them, after all.

Lisbeth went down the stairs to greet her client and take them to the training room, when she stopped short as she saw the all-too familiar face standing at the desk waiting for her. He was the only one there, so it was no denying it.

Of course it's Ender.

And now, Lisbeth could see nearly everything wrong with him - he was tired, he was strained, and she wondered what the fuck had gone on since she had gone. She hadn't sent much word to anyone other than Penny that she was going, and in typical Lisbeth fashion hadn't really kept in contact. Ender looked like he had been through hell, and she knew he was the first category of people - kickboxing for therapy. But she wasn't going to let the fact that it was him prevent her from treating him like she did anyone else, at least in public.

"Hey there," she greeted him, forcing herself to treat him like she'd only just met him. "I'm Lisbeth, I'll be your trainer - you wanna come up to the training room and I'll get you started."

Time passed as they eventually went up to the training room together, and Lisbeth immediately pulled out chairs in the guise of doing the introductory talk that she always did with new clients. But she had questions for him first. "Sorry 'bout that, I'm not meant to be training people I actually know." she told him, chewing her lip. "So, how come you're here? I can take a guess, 'cause you look tired as shit, but I'd rather hear it from you."

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 09:01 PM

Savage.

When his eyes fell on her, his jaw nearly hit the floor. What were the odds? Itris liked fucking with him, he was sure of it now. Ender looked her up and down, she looked healthy, fit. Not the mess that had broken into his apartment a few seasons ago, demanding answers from a man who wasn't even sure where to begin. There were lots of reasons for his reckless behavior. Some made sense, and some not so much. It was hard to tell where one thing started and another began. He was confusing, even to himself. But that's why he'd come here in the first place. To stop the jumbled, noisy thoughts in his head.

Or rather, it was what he was trying to do.

When she introduced herself, he just stared blankly back at her. So that was how she was going to come back into his life? Like they'd never met before? He wondered where she learned that trick. His eyes narrowed, but he followed her anyway up to the training room. He didn't say a word until the door shut tightly behind them.

"Sorry 'bout that, I'm not meant to be training people I actually know." Ender crossed his arms, still looking towards her with growing skepticism. "Ah, is that why?" He was somewhat relieved she wasn't just being cold. The pair had a history, whether either cared to admit. It wasn't necessarily a good one, but he wouldn't dismiss it like he often tried to do with other parts of his past. He cared about her deep down, it was why he was trying not to smile at her now that they were alone. He attempted to avoid eye contact by staring at himself in the mirror behind her.

"So, how come you're here? I can take a guess, 'cause you look tired as shit, but I'd rather hear it from you." He saw it too. From where he was standing he could see the deep purple that outlined his eyes. Many sleepless nights. Too much thinking, not enough sleeping. He scoffed, but immediately softened his face when he saw just how ugly he looked when he did that in his own reflection staring back at him.

"I'm just getting fit. Summer is around the corner." His lips pulled into their usual smug grin. He winked before kneeling to unzip his bag. Ender put his mouth guard in and pulled his gloves on swiftly. He smacked them together twice, making sure each lace was tight enough for them to begin. "Are we going to start?"

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:28 PM

user posted image

He was already providing her with utter bullshit, and the look in her face that she gave in response to his answers said enough of that thought. Lisbeth knew Ender too well, and even that was coming through now - she did know him well enough to tell when he was bullshitting, even if he thought that she had been away for long enough for that not to be obvious to her anymore. Whether she liked it or not, and whether anyone else liked it or not, she had matured a hell of a lot over the last few seasons, and it was obvious enough in the way she carried herself.

She shrugged. "Yeah, and I feel like you'd hate the other trainers here - they're all obnoxious shits to be honest," she answered, not bothering to lower her voice because she knew no one would hear her, and even if they did and wanted to fight her, she had that victory in the bag regardless.

Her eyebrow quirked into a perfect arch at his answer of wanting to get fit - she knew that was bullshit for certain. And even as he put the mouthguard in, and the old her inside considered smacking him in the face with her glove for the excuse that she thought he wanted to fight, something in her told her not to. There wasn't any point, even if she did want proper answers from him. After all, there was a lot to catch up on.

She simply sighed and pulled out the punching bag, her gloves being tied to her hands and she put them on her hips, cocking her hip to one side as she looked at him. "Aiight, just hit the punching bag for me. Then I can work out what to do with you," she told him. If anything, the way he hit the bag would probably tell her what was wrong - whether he was angry, or exhausted, or actually telling the truth and just wanted to get fit. She had her ways, after all.

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 10:42 PM

Savage.

Lisbeth only sighed at his excuse. He knew she didn't believe it. He hadn't expected her to. When she left, briefly to grab the punching bag, Ender fixed his hair in one of the large mirrors that wrapped around the tiny room. It was really odd, seeing himself from every direction. It made him realize just how much he'd let himself go. A haircut was certainly in order, he'd probably just go and get one today. Even his beard was a bit unkempt. He was usually someone who cared a lot about his appearance.

She returned, and Ender looked down at her with a puzzled expression. "Aiight, just hit the punching bag for me. Then I can work out what to do with you," He rolled his eyes. "No. Why are you holding it like that, I'm going to hurt you?" Even if she was annoying him, she didn't deserve to get knocked out. Plus, she wasn't actually the one causing him agitation, it was just life in general lately.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:26 AM

user posted image

Even if that wasn't the point of the session, Lisbeth felt that she had to weedle some answers out of him in some way or another. He looked scruffy as shit, which wasn't normal for him. He looked more tired than he had used to. He just looked rough, and Lisbeth almost felt bad for sorting herself out and getting on with her life, wherever she ended up, and he was left here becoming more of a mess, apparently. She wondered what on earth she had left him to when her family had taken off. She figured she would get some kind of hint from him whether he liked it or not.

Green eyes just deadpan stared back at him. "You forget I'm not just some girl holding a punching bag. I'm used to this, Ender, seriously. My dad used to do it, and he's bigger and a hella lot stronger than you are," she answered him, holding the bag out to him the way she used to with her dad. "I'm a top end martial artist, dude, and that's not bragging. Just hit it. I can handle it." She was ready for whatever hit - whether she got knocked back into the wall or not. She knew Ender was a hard hitter, but she doubted she'd do anything bigger than stumbling over her feet.

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 11:44 AM

Savage.

When she insisted he just go for it, he shrugged lightly before getting into position. He bent his knees slightly and made sure to keep his shoulders and hips perfectly aligned. Now he was ready. He looked at her one more time, his brown eyes asking if she was positive she wanted him to do this.

"I'm a top end martial artist, dude, and that's not bragging. Just hit it. I can handle it."

Whatever. He was here to let out some of his frustration, so he wasn't' going to hold back. It would only hurt him later. The more he kept things inside, the angrier he became. It was only a matter of time before he took it out on something, or worse, someone.

Ender started off with a solid punch. Lisbeth didn't budge, but he could tell she was straining to hold still. His lips pulled into a smirk. He admired her strength, and even more so, her determination. "I'm going to kick it so, get ready.", With that he got himself back into position. He move swiftly, his arm came up to guard his face instinctively, as his foot collided with the bag. When he was finished, he stood up straight and eyed her up. "Hmm?", he inquired about what she wanted to have him do next.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:52 PM

user posted image

The punch was nothing - some of her kids at the dojo could punch better than that, and she nearly scolded him for holding back. It was hard, that was for sure, but Lisbeth didn't even feel her feet squeak against the floor. That was always a telltale sign of a good hit, but she just raised an eyebrow at him instead.

When he kicked it, and she felt her feet move back - she didn't stumble too much, that was for sure, but she definitely had to get her balance to make sure she shifted her weight and didn't go flying, that settled it for her. there was something pent up in there, she could tell. She knew Ender well - over the last few months, at least, she had become a lot more observant about people. Started to recognise signs. She supposed it was an aftereffect of that time in Ender's room, but she was getting good at it now.

"Hmm," she mimicked his sound, before simply tossing the bag to the side and putting her own mouth guard in, raising her gloved hands to him and grinning. "You're sparring with me. You're not gonna get any anger out kicking the shit out of an inanimate object."

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 11:20 PM

Savage.

"So you want me to hit you instead?" He tried to read her, but she seemed sure of herself. However, what else was new? Lisbeth was the only person he knew that was more cocky than he was. "Fine", he replied with a snort. Ender got into position. He made sure his mouth guard was secure and his equipment was tight before bending his knees just slightly. "You get first strike." He nodded for her to begin. If she wanted him to go all out, he would. He wasn't opposed to knocking her on her ass, now that she was asking for it.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:54 PM

user posted image

Lisbeth's gloved hands came up to her hair, her bulky fingers still managing to tighten her ponytail as if she had done it a million times before - which she had. Lisbeth was no stranger to beating the shit out of someone with her hair down to her waist, but she had to go by the technical rules of the gym here. She wanted to snort at the way he went into such a typical stance, but she also had to remember that she had been doing this since she was three years old - she had an excuse to not start off in the right stances or whatever.

"You and I both know you get no satisfaction from hitting a punching bag," she shrugged, her green eyes fixed on him as she raised her fists, relaxed, slacking, grinning at him. "If you say so, big boy," she teased, before she flew into a flurry of action - her fist coming straight up for his cheek. "Block me!"

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 06:35 PM

Savage.

When she called him 'big boy', he couldn't help but laugh. It seemed so out of character for her to do that. But probably a lot about Lisbeth had changed. Quite some time had passed since they'd last seen one another. In fact, about half a year if he was recalling things right.

When she stepped in with a couple jabs, he deflected them all. But when her arm came up right under his jaw, he went to block and bounced his own glove right off of hers. Which caused his own hand to collide with his lip. Ender shook it off, but the bonk to the head did slow him up a bit. He nodded to her to keep going, and went in for a quick cut to the shoulder.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:58 PM

user posted image

Perhaps this was incredibly unconventional and probably not a good idea, but Lisbeth knew Ender better than he perhaps expected - she had had a lot of time to consider and understand things the longer she had been away, and she knew how to deal with him now that they had crossed paths once again. She was surprised she hadn't just outright refused to deal with him, really, but Lisbeth also knew that she couldn't exactly turn him away. He needed her help, after all, since he was here. Even if he didn't say so.

She giggled when his own hand clonked himself at the bottom of his chin, and her hands came up to lazily rest in front of her face. "Come on, you can do better than that," she scolded, easily bringing her hand up to block his next move and counter. "Think about what's making you angry, dammit. You're not gonna get anything out if you hold back."

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:07 PM

Savage.

After moving around a little more he was starting to taste the blood trickling from where he must have split open his lip earler. Oh well. A little blood never hurt nobody. When Lisbeth instructed him to go harder, he nodded sternly. She was right. He was here to release energy, not play a round. Plus she was skilled so he knew she could take a punch.

Finally he started to get into her rhythm, each of them landed some good hits and she'd even smacked him so hard he'd seen stars at one point. She was strong, that was a fact. He was still holding back a lot, but not because he was afraid to hurt her. But because he was afraid in general. Once he opened up that part of himself, it was hard to take any of it back. All the hurt he'd been holding inside had taken its toll on him, but so far, he was the only victim. Which was the way he preferred. Sure, some of the things he did because of the the way he was bottled up so tightly probably hurt his relationships. But it was better than the alternative. He didn't want to burden anyone with his mess of a life.

"Hey, Lis." He put his hands down at his sides. "Can I get a drink of water real fast?" He pulled off his helmet and popped out his mouth guard. It was full of blood, but he could rinse it off when he got to the bathroom.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
Hakumei
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 05:50 PM

user posted image

She hadn't meant to make him split his lip - she could see the slight hint of blood - but there wasn't any other way she could get him to work without pushing him. That was the point of this exercise, after all, and Lisbeth was very good at provoking people when need be. She wasn't going to let him beat the shit out of her, after all, but she had to get him to release whatever was pent up in some way or another. That was her intention.

She tapped her feet on the floor, vaguely impatient, when he asked to go and get water - not because he wanted a break, but because she was frustrated that she could still tell he was holding back, and Lisbeth, despite herself, had no idea how to change that. "Yea, of course. I could do with a drink too," she answered with a casual shrug, leaning against the wall and opening her water bottle. "You should go wash your face before we start again. Meanwhile, I'm gonna come up with somethin' to make you stop holding back."

Maybe if she was just blunt with him that would work. She didn't particularly want to have to push the buttons she knew he had on their first meeting since their split.

PMWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:49 PM

Savage.

After he disappeared briefly to grab a sip of water and rinse the blood from his mouth guard and face, he returned. But this time around, he was smug. "So, what did you come up with?", he asked raising a brow. She said she would brain storm while he was away and Lisbeth had a way of getting under his skin, so he was interested in hearing what she had conjured up this time.

The pair had history, and most of it was unfavorable. But he did care for her even though it wasn't in the same way he did before. "I'm all ears.", he said with a daring smirk.

Hakumei
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.