L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Some Say Unlucky, Rowan&Jazmyn
Hera
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 07:52 PM

Walking the line between discontent and disaster

GROUP: Purple Leaf

Awards: 10

Rep: 4 pts

Tanuki http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Spring 3 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Sunny http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Outfit

"Well it does take a lot of spatial and bodily intelligence, keeping track of where you are and how you're moving, as well as where the dogs are and where everything in the area is. Those are harder types of smart to spot, and people think they're types of sporty or noticing ability. But a strong person may not know their body well enough to control their strength, and people who notice lots of things might not have good depth perception, or have a bad reaction time." Jaz said, taking another sip of her juice.

She wished she could have that kind of intelligence. Ro could probably be good at something sporty or working with his hands if he wanted to. But Jaz would always just be book smart. Which would get her far in life, she would admit. But she also knew that people weren't always nice to people they perceived as smarter than they were. There was a girl in Ioana that had loved teasing Jaz about what a 'nerd' and an 'egghead' she was. There had been no end to the ways she could come up with to make Jaz feel bad about knowing things. But Jaz thought maybe she just didn't feel very smart herself. Which was dumb because she made some of the prettiest drawings Jaz had ever seen. But when she told her so, the girl had just gotten mad.

Honestly, given what Ro had told her, she didn't really want to see. He might have been exaggerating, but even if he was they probably still acted like animals. She didn't really want to be around when they started acting like little heathens and acting out Lord of the Flies. The book had just recently come out and she was enamored with it. She liked that word, too. Enamored. She decided that would be her word for the day. It had been her word of the day a few weeks ago, but it was good to recycle words so she remembered them well.

"I'll be honest, it did look like a lot of fun." Jaz giggled. "But I wouldn't want to get into all that trouble." She admitted. And that was a blessing and a curse she had. She followed the rules. Sometimes it served her well, like with getting praise from teachers and other adults. But sometimes it meant she missed out on a lot of fun.

"I sort of live here. I stay with my granny here during the week to go to school, then on Friday Granny drives down me down to Ioana and I stay with my dad for the weekend. That's how I'm getting to the festival." She explained. Thinking on it, Jaz realized that Ioana's festivals were almost exclusively fun for the whole family. "We have lots of festivals in Ioana, and they're almost all kid-friendly. That's kind of weird, that they're split up like that between the Valley and the City." She said, brow furrowing as thought as she puzzled over it.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 07:34 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Spring 3rd, Year Three|Afternoon|Sunny|Hera

If Rowan were honest, he didn't understand half of the things that she just said. Sure he was smart, but vocabulary wasn't exactly his strong point. Sure he could remember words but they were much more memorable when they were being featured on the front of a test in english class. He didn't really like School, but since being adopted by the LaRouche's, he had been doing his best to at least try and do something useful for his new family. After all, why would he be able to stay if he was nothing but trouble and a bad example for Adelaide?

"That sounds...interesting." He concluded when she was done with her explanation. "I haven't really thought about it actually, having to keep track of the dogs and me, but I guess it's kind of cool when you really think about it." He said Thoughtfully. Yeah, perhaps he was just a little cooler than he first thought. When she mentioned the water Balloons getting her in trouble, he shrugged. "I don't know, trouble can be fun sometimes," He mentioned with a shake of his head. "There was one time last autumn I snuck into the zoo and avoided a security guard." It took him a minute to realize he had actually admitted that.

"Er, don't mention that to anyone, my folks don't know I did that." His folks weren't his folks at the time, but he was sure Honor would be displeased to know he had engaged in those types of behaviors, whether he was short on money or not. When she mentioned she only partially lived in the city, and on the weekends she went to the Valley to be with her father. "That sounds like a lot of trouble, it can't be easy to do all that just to come to a school like this." He mentioned as he thought about how much it probably took to actually go to and from the valley that frequently.

When she mentioned the strange way the festivals were split up, he shrugged. "Don't know, but that's probably why most of us are going to grow up to be delinquents around here."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 07:45 PM

Tanuki http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Spring 3 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Sunny http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Outfit

Jaz's eyes widened in shock as Rowan told her about sneaking into the zoo. Then she began to laugh. "I promise I won't tell, if you tell me how you did it." She said, curious about the story behind it. She had never done anything like that. Jaz didn't break the rules, everyone knew that. She wouldn't ever do anything that would get her in trouble, even if it looked like fun. She couldn't count on two hands the number of times someone had called her a chicken, or a party pooper, or a wet blanket. She just didn't want to disappoint her dad.

She hadn't really thought about it like that, about how much trouble she was going through to attend school in Westhaven. But she supposed it was true, there was a lot she'd had to change to come here. She only got to see her dad on weekends, and Inky had to be left behind in Ioana. She only got to see Swing every day now. "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I get to see my granny every day now, and your school is really nice. In Ioana we go to school in a barn. It's ok, but it wasn't very challenging for me. I got bored easily, and ended up not paying much attention. And that's not what school is for, so I asked to come here." She explained. "And your school is so pretty! Everything looks so new and shiny."

"Nothing is new and shiny in Ioana, but it's okay because there's lots of things to do. It feels like we have a festival almost every week, and there are hiking trails, and forests to play in, and the lake is great for swimming. Maybe if they ran the train every day, kids in Ioana could come to Westhaven's shiny new school, and kids in Westhaven could come down to Ioana for festivals and to play so they wouldn't be delinquents." She said, not even sure why the train only ran one day a week to begin with.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:38 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

She promised she wouldn't tell anyone, that was, if she was told how he did it. Rowan reached over and gave Lucky a scratch behind the ears as he thought about it. "There's a big hole in the fence covered by some shrubs near the entrance. It's not big enough for an adult, but you can get through it pretty easily as a kid. I don't know if they fixed it since I was last there, cause' I got caught. And by that I mean the guard saw me, but he never actually got his hands on me." He said with a slight swell of pride. Maybe that shouldn't have been there, but it was what it was. Though it made him a little sad that his old method of getting into the zoo may have been gated off now, he also promised Honor he wouldn't get into trouble.

He raised his eyebrows when she mentioned where she went to school in Ioana. "In a barn...like...in a barn where cows go?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. It sounded a little weird didn't it? Did the kids of Ioana really use a barn for a school? "Is there like...hay everywhere? Did they at least take that out?" He asked, not bothering to hide his surprise. "I mean...I guess compared to a barn, our school is pretty cool." He admitted with a shrug. He didn't like school much, and clearly not as much as her.

Ioana did sound pretty nice, he guessed. at least there was more to do there than here. "Yeah, but I don't know why they don't run the train every day anyway. I guess it's a funding thing." It was the only thing he could conclude. "So anyway, I guess we could choose a day to go get the stuff we need, right? For the Project."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 08:27 PM

Jaz couldn't believe it had been so simple! She was sure they were bound to have closed it up by now, but that it had been so easy for Ro to get in was shocking. And it sounded like fun, sneaking in and running from the guards. She could only imagine how much trouble he would have gotten in if he had been caught thought! She would never be daring enough to try something like that, not in a million years. And even if she did, she doubted she would be fast enough to stay away from the guards. "That's really impressive, actually. And it sounds like it was a lot of fun." She said, still trying to imagine the look on the guard's face when he got away.

Jaz laughed at his reaction, though she supposed it was her fault. She had defaulted to the semi-derogatory name the kids called it amongst themselves, rather than just saying the school. "It's been redone inside, so there's no hay and cows aren't allowed in anymore. But yes, it was an actual barn at one time that was used for cows and stuff. But that was a long time ago." She told him. "It's just a very, very small school now."

It made sense that funding was why the train didn't run every day. Unless you accounted for all of the people buying tickets to come to either place to buy goods and services. Then the train would really pay for itself. But the adults were always talking about how Westhaven wanted Ioana for themselves, so maybe they did it on purpose. "How about Monday? Unless you want to do it tomorrow, that's the first time I'll be free since I'm going home for the weekend. We could do it tomorrow, if you wanted. Then we could set it up and leave the crystals to form over the weekend. But that would mean you would have to watch them alone, and I don't want to make you do most of the work." She said.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:43 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Rowan had never been so good at talking to other kids, at least not since he had arrived in Westhaven. Since he had come here he was usually fairly silent, and any remarks he made were usually snide and snarky. But somehow, he didn't have any interest in hurting Jazmyn's feelings. Maybe it was because she was nice to him, or her optimism, he wasn't all too sure about just what it was, but he decided it didn't matter. He didn't need to be such a jerk all the time after all. Sometimes, he just needed to relax, and try to see past more than the greedy intentions most people had. After all, people like his adoptive mother and father existed, so maybe the world wasn't as bad as he previously thought.

"Oh,see now that changes my view completely. Though I'd like to see a cow do long division." He said, with a laugh that surprised even him. Was he getting comfortable. But he was glad he supposed, that at least people didn't actually consider lumping kids in with cows where she had grown up. Because things certainly worked different in Westhaven. He had never been to a place that had to turn a barn into a school, but maybe in that regard he was just lucky. He scratched behind his dogs ear as she spoke.

"Monday sounds good, you're the smarter one here and if I have to watch them alone, something bad is gonna happen." He assured her. He didn't know what that entailed, but he decided right away that he shouldn't be doing it alone. He looked out the window, noticing the sun was much lower in the sky than he remembered. "Maybe for now, it's better you start getting home. Wouldn't want to worry your folks. But Monday we can go get what we need and start the project."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 09:32 PM

Jaz laughed even louder when Ro mentioned cows doing long division, holding her stomach as she imagined a cow trying to hold a piece of chalk. How would it even do that? In it's mouth? The mental image was so funny that it took Jaz a long time to stop laughing. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had this much fun! She loved Ioana, but it wasn't exactly crawling with kids her age. And Ollie was great, but he was also 6 years old. But Ro was her age, and he was funny and had fun stories to tell.

"Okay, we'll go after school, then." Jaz agreed, gathering up her things. It was starting to get late and Ro was right, she should get home to her granny before she started to worry or it started getting dark. she put her backpack back on and gave Ro a wave as she moved towards the door. "I'll see you at school, Ro." she said, giving him a smile and slipping out of the house onto the street.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.