L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Some Say Unlucky, Rowan&Jazmyn
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 02:55 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Spring 3rd, Year Three|Afternoon|Sunny|Hera

Rowan may have still been daydreaming. The last season seemed like some sort of weird dream. Honor had adopted him without a second thought that winter, and it seemed like he was suddenly living some sort of dream, but this time he wasn't waking up. He had people in his life who cared, people who gave a damn how he was doing. And all that was really different. Coming back to school hadn't even awoken him from this weird but wonderful prolonged dream he was having. But he still had that fear that sometime he would wake up, and when that happened he would end up back in that ratty apartment that stunk of alcohol, littered with shards of broken glass bottles and other trash.

"...Mr.Abernathy!" there was a sharp smack of a ruler on his desk and Rowan nearly jumped out of his skin, fixing his hair back over his eye patch once he had realized there was no danger. But he seemed annoyed, glancing back at the lady teacher with a steady gaze. "It's LaRouche." he corrected, quite adamantly, though the teacher held her strict gaze. "At the moment I couldn't care less if your last name was Name, pay attention."

"Yes, Ma'am." He mumbled as he leaned back in his seat. 'Man Lady.' His defiant voice was one he decided to keep confined to his own mind today, as his eyes shifted back out the window, he tried to keep his ear's attention on the teacher. "So as I was saying, I'll be pairing you off in groups for this upcoming spring's science fair. You are to find a topic matter and submit it to me no later than tomorrow." Her voice fuzzed in and out as Rowan watched people bustle by on the street below him.

"Mr.Abernathy."

"LaRouche--"

"Your partner is Miss Maddock." Rowan scanned the room, looking for the person who would react to the name, and when he found her, he stood up like others were, switching seats with people in order to sit by their partners. Rowan felt lucky he didn't have the embarrassment of having to choose his own partner. While it was true his home life was getting better since he had been adopted, he still hadn't been making any friends at school, just like before. He took the seat next to her at her table, vacated by the girl that usually sat next to her and took a seat. the Classroom was bustling with conversation, and Rowan leaned back in the chair. "Sorry Mrs.Likillan gave you the misfortune of being paired up with me." He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. "That's what any of the others kids would say, anyway." he mentioned, leaning forwards slightly in his chair. "So, maybe we should...talk science fair?"

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 06:30 PM

Walking the line between discontent and disaster

GROUP: Purple Leaf

Awards: 10

Rep: 4 pts

Jaz Maddock
Tanuki http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Spring 3 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Sunny http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Outfit

Jaz was a bundle of nerves as she scurried into the classroom and scanned the rows of desks for an open seat. Disappointed that the first three rows were taken and that she wouldn't be able to sit at the very front of the class, she quickly took a seat near the back and started unpacking her things, making a neat arrangement of her new notebook and pencils on the desk. Her grandma had bought her all new school supplies for the transfer, and she wanted to show them off.

She still couldn't get over how clean and pretty everything in the school looked. It wasn't like barn school at all. The desktops were shiny, and the floors were so clean that her shoes squeaked when she walked. The walls were covered in posters, pictures, and every letter of the alphabet. There was even a map of the whole world, and a globe in the corner. It was all she could do to keep from staring at all the shiny, reflective surfaces and bright colors.

Her attention snapped back to the teacher as the bell rang, and she began scribbling everything she said down in her notebook in case it became important later. She was so concentrated on taking her notes that she jumped when the teacher slammed her ruler down on another desk, chastising the kid sitting in it. Jazz felt bad for him, getting called out like that, but he probably should be paying attention.

Mention of a science fair stole her attention away again, and her eyes lit up as she started running through a million ideas in her head. She loved science, and she was good at it. She could experiment circles around most of the other kids in the class, she was sure. Now she just had to find out who her partner was.

She didn't have to wait long of course. The first person called, the boy who had gotten in trouble, turned out to be it. She gave him a shy smile and a small wave as he got up and came towards her. She turned her desk so they could put two of them together and tucked a stray piece of hair nervously behind her ear. He might be the first kid at the school she'd have the chance to talk to at length.

She chuckled nervously as he apologized, shaking her head. "Don't apologize. I don't think it's a misfortune. And I'm new, so I don't have to care what the other kids think. And I imagine that by the time I do, I won't want to." She assured him, still smiling. I'm Jazmyn, but you can call me Jazz.

Attention fully back on the science fair, Jazz immediately launched into a bunch of ideas she had. "So I figure that everyone's going to do a volcano, because they're easy. So we don't want to do that. But there are a bunch of way cooler experiments we could do! We can make rock candy, to show how crystals grow. We could build our own telescope! Examine the aerodynamics of air hockey, or turn milk into plastic!" she said excitedly. She was totally getting an A on this project!
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:29 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He didn't really know what he was getting into. After all, she was one of the new students. Every year they had a kid or so that came in from Ioana, slipping in for the new year, and he often wondered if their families had just moved from Ioana, but it wasn't something he really bothered asking when he had so many of his own things to worry about. But she was one of the newer kids, so he couldn't judge how much work he'd have to be doing. If he was honest, he didn't want to do any of it, but having someone in his life that actually cared about his grades now would certainly make him take it a little more seriously.

He leaned over the desk he was sitting on when she spoke about not caring about what the other kids had to say. Sure, that's what she said now, but she'd probably find it different when she realized how much of the other kids actually disliked him. "If you say so." He seemed disinterested for the most part, but it wasn't really that. What was he supposed to say when someone actually gave him a chance. She introduced herself, and he sat up straight, figuring he should do the same. "I'm Rowan." he answered. "Can call me Ro, if you want. Doesn't make much difference." He adjusted the hair that swept over his eye patch after a moment as if he had suddenly grown self conscious.

If he was going to be honest with her, a Volcano was actually what he had been thinking before she mentioned the fact that everyone was going to be doing it. But it wasn't really because he thought it was easy, he just liked making them erupt, but he wasn't about to tell her that. "Uh, right, yeah, Volcano, lame idea." he mentioned quickly, waving his hand dismissively as he leaned back in his chair.

He could already tell she was some sort of egghead, and he raised an eyebrow as she mentioned various things they could do as an alternative to a Volcano. But he cut her off for a moment. "Whoa whoa whoa, back up a minute...you can turn milk into Plastic?" that made it less appealing than anything else he had ever heard of before when it came to thinking about drinking it. "I mean...those all sound like big projects. Can probably do it where I live. My uh..." what did he call Honor and Aramis? "people, live." He finished. "My room's floor should have enough space to do all that stuff. Whichever one we do...I don't know if I'd even be able to drink Milk again with that last one."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 03:56 PM

Tanuki http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Spring 3 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Sunny http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/purple_star_zpszbpuer2g.png Outfit

Jazz flicked her eyes to him as he covered his patch with his hair, a momentary passive curiosity in her eyes, before deciding it wasn't her business and going back to the project notes she had been jotting down. For all she knew, he'd just gone to the optometrist earlier and it was nothing. Do not pry.

It was a little hard not to.

"Nice to meet you, Ro." She said, giving him another small smile and jotting both of their names down at the top of her notes where they would go on the worksheet for the project. She had heard writing things down made them easier to remember, so now she could remember his name.

'Yeah!" she confirmed enthusiastically. "All you really need to do is add hot milk to vinegar and it starts to curdle. Then you take the curds and mold them, then let them dry. It's how almost all plastic used to he made before they found out how to make it with oil." It actually hadn't been that long ago that that breakthrough had happened. It's what made it so easy to get lots of plastic things compared to when her dad was a kid, or her grandma.

His...people? What an odd way to put it. She wondered if he didn't get along with his people. But even kids she knew that didn't like their parents still called them their parents. Maybe he was adopted, like her? But she still called her dad dad. She decided that all would probably become clear when she went over to do the project, so she wouldn't concern herself too much. It was intriguing, though, all the questions that had popped up after just one conversation with Ro.

"I think the biggest crowd pleaser would be the rock candy. If we can make enough to pass around, it'll be really impressive and everyone, especially the teacher, will remember that. But it's also really simple to do, as long as we're allowed to use the stove." she said, tapping her pencil against her leg. She knew not all kids had been cooking on their own since they were little, and some kids their age didn't even know how to use a stove, so she couldn't count on that. "The other ones I mentioned are either much more basic, or way more complicated. So unless we aren't allowed to use the kitchen, I think the rock candy is our best bet."
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 06:30 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

She seemed a little inquisitive for his liking, the way that her eyes seemed to shine with barely hidden curiosity, but he had promised Honor he would try not to get in trouble, and he wasn't exactly fond of picking on other kids who hadn't even done anything to him. So he let his shoulders relax as Jazmyn returned his greeting with the manners he wouldn't have expected from an inner city kid. She was definitely not from around here, he concluded to himself as he glanced to the blackboard where the teacher was writing something down.

"That's...sort of gross." He answered with a raised eyebrow when she explained exactly how you were supposed to turn milk into plastic. It wasn't really something he'd like to be using in his household, but at the same time, it was interesting, something he didn't know could be done, so he had to give her credit where credit was due, her knowledge was at least impressive.

"Sounds kind of cool I guess, didn't know you could do something like that with Milk." He concluded. But as for their science project, maybe it wasn't the way to go if he didn't want to ruin his adoptive mother's pots.

She suggested a crowd pleaser and Rowan turned his gaze to the rest of the class for a moment. He didn't really like these kids, there was nothing they had ever really done for him, except for mock the patch he wore over the eye that only would have made mockery worse. He was aware Pumpkin day was over, unfortunately he wasn't wearing the eye patch for show. "Don't really know if I care much for making it for everyone, but if you want to impress them, I'll follow your lead." After all, she was new, maybe she'd have a better chance of surviving in this school than he did. "She'll let me use the stove as long as we don't burn down her house." He answered just as the Bell rang. Rowan shifted, picking up his books before turning to look at her. "By the way...you aren't allergic to dogs, right? Because if not we can head over to my place now, do the research we need before we actually work on the stuff."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 11:08 AM

Jazz grinned and shrugged a little. He certainly wasn't wrong. She'd done it before at home, and it had been pretty gross. It smelled funny, and the plastic dough felt strange in her hands. "Yeah, it is pretty gross. she agreed. She took the 'pretty cool', deciding that it was better by far than 'gross' no matter how true the latter might have been.

Honestly, Jazz mostly wanted to impress the teacher. The kids were a more or less neutral side benefit. And if they didn't make enough for everyone, the impact might in fact be negative. "It's mostly for the teacher, and so we don't get in trouble for bringing candy to class without having enough. Plus, sometimes its easier to make more, since you sometimes have to add more ingredients to adjust the ratio if it's not working." she shrugged. She could only imagine what this kid's problem with the other kids was, but she imagined his wariness was probably warranted. People in Westhaven were mean, everyone in the Valley said so. That had to include the children.

Jazz shook her head emphatically, eye lighting up. "I'm not allergic at all! I actually have a dog. Well, my dad has a dog. Inky, she's a fire dog. She works with my dad, so I couldn't bring her with me when I came here." she said, beaming. She missed Inky so, so much, and it would be nice to pet a dog again. "I'd love to meet your dog! And get started on the project, of course."
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:45 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

When she explained that she had only suggested making enough for the class because the teacher would get mad if they didn't have enough, he relaxed. That was probably true even though she was the one making them do the stupid project in the first place. "I guess you're right." He answered after a moment of mulling it over. If he was lucky, some of the kids he disliked would even break their teeth being idiots with it or something, but he didn't share that hope with Jazmyn. There was no reason for her to dislike him yet and he wasn't about to give her one if they were stuck together on this project.

"Good you're not allergic to dogs, though for some reason you looked like more of a cat person to me." Rowan mentioned, standing up with the bell and throwing his bag over his shoulder. "I would say it sucks that you get here and there's this big science project but somehow I don't think you mind that much." He said as they walked, remembering her excitement as she listed off the different things they could do. Maybe he wasn't too interested but he decided that there was no point in ruining it for her.

She said dog, however, that was Funny. He led her towards the Whitmont area. "You can call your folks when we get there if you want, let them know you're alright if you need to. Shouldn't take too long today since we only have to figure out what we need and what sort of poster we're going to make." He said, locating his new home and pushing the gates to the large house open. It seemed like Honor had gone out with Adelaide because when he opened the door she didn't seem to be there, and he hoped it was alright he had brought his science fair partner over.

As if on cue many dogs of all different breeds and sizes peeled into the hallway, a medium sized dog pushing her way through the crowd in order to throw herself onto Rowan. "Down Lucky." He chuckled, patting her on the head and looking at Jazmyn. "Uh...you said dog, I meant dogs." He said sheepishly, hoping it wasn't all that overwhelming.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 03:02 PM

"I don't really know what you mean by that. Do cat people look different than dog people?" Jazz asked, a little put out. She wasn't necessarily offended to be called a cat person, but it vaguely felt like an insult when he said it. Deciding it wasn't worth it to be mad, she let it go. "I do also like cats, though."

She laughed at his statement, realizing she couldn't refute it. He was right, she didn't mind at all that she was plopped down into a new school in the middle of a big project. "I guess I'm just excited to be in a real school, doing real class stuff. This is definitely a long way from classes in a drafty old barn. she said, looking one more time around the main hallway at the shiny laminated posters covering smooth, recently repainted walls before they were through the door and out into the sunshine.

Westhaven still all looked the same to her. Blocks and blocks of tall gray buildings interspersed with squatter one stories. Some were glass, some were stone, some were concrete, but they all looked the same. That is, until they turned into Rowan's neighborhood. The houses there were all different colors and shapes and even different sizes, though they were all quite large. Most of them were bigger than the biggest buildings in Ioana!

She was shocked out of the slight daze that had come over her when Ro addressed her again. "Thank you, I forgot I need to tell my grandma where I'm at. In the Valley I could more or less go wherever I wanted as long as I was home in time for dinner." She said, feeling a little sheepish over both her forgetfulness and that she had been rubbernecking a little at all the big houses.

Still, it was hard to keep her eyes from going wide when she saw where Ro lived. She had suspected that his people had money, to be living in this area at all, but the house definitely confirmed it. Jazz tried not to stare as they pushed through the gate, not wanting to look like a loser in front of her lab partner, but she'd never seen a house like this so close. It was like something off the cover of a magazine.

Thankfully, she was saved from staring like an idiot by what she could only describe as an actual pack of dogs rushing them. She had, as Rowan pointed out, expected only one dog.

This was so much better!

A fortunate side effect of them all trying to get at Ro was that quite a few ended up distracted by her when they couldn't get at him. She was practically in heaven, trying to pet multiple dogs at once as she was drowned under what seemed like wave after wave of them. This was what paradise looked like, she was sure. "They're so cute!" she squealed, laughing as one of them took that as an invitation to lick her face.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:49 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

It wasn't like Rowan minded her using the phone, as long as she wasn't making a phone call to Japan, it would be fine, no one needed those long distance fees. But considering she lived in the surrounding area, Rowan wasn't too worried about it. It wasn't like they were going to be here for too long of a time today, after all it was just coming up with ideas for their project. He wasn't surprised at all when the dogs had come barreling into the hallway, and he held Lucky there for a moment before pushing her paws off of him.

Thankfully, Jazmyn didn't look bothered by the dogs, the opposite actually. There were tails wagging as they surrounding her, each looking for attention and investigating the newcomer. He scooped up one of the corgis and scratched him behind the ears. "Yeah, they're pretty cute." He answered. "Most of them belong to Honor and Aramis,, but Lucky here," He mentioned as the dog came to his side. "She's mine, right girl?" he asked as the dogs finally dispersed, the dog giving a soft bark at his tone of voice.

"Alright, come on." He mentioned to Jazmyn before he headed up to his room, Lucky trailing behind them with a wagging tail. "The phone's just out in the hallway here, you can call who you need to, I'll go set up." Setting up didn't take a whole lot of effort considering it was getting a notebook and a pencil and sitting down on the floor, his dog laying just behind him.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 02:25 AM

Jaz had missed Inky a lot, and while none of these dogs were Inky and it didn't make her stop missing her, it did help a little to get to pet a bunch of cute dogs. As much as she would have loved to just stay there all day and play with the pack, they had work to do. She disentangled herself as the dogs wandered off, content that the newcomer had been scented and bore their humans no ill will. With one last pat to the head of a passing dog, Jaz followed Ro into the house.

Heading down the hallway, Jaz located the phone and dialed the number to her Grandma's apartment. When she picked up, Jaz told her about the project and where she was, so she wouldn't worry. She told her she would probably be back pretty soon, since they were just planning for today. Her Grandma told her to be safe and take the bus home instead of walking if it got dark. She promised she would and hung up, hurrying back to where she had seen Ro go.

Plopping down onto the floor across from him, Jaz opened her backpack and took out her own notebook. "Alright, so we don't really need that many things to make the candy. Just sugar, water, clothespins, dowel rods, and whatever we want to color or flavor them with." she said, tapping her pencil on the paper.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:44 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He played idly with Lucky's ears as he waited for Jazmyn to make her Phone call. Having people over was a new thing for him, in the past he hadn't been allowed to have people over, even for school projects. It wasn't like he would have wanted people over anyway, with the shards of broken glass bottles, piles of unwashed dishes, he much preferred just doing things elsewhere. He wondered if he should have offered her something to drink or eat, that was what people normally did, wasn't it?

She finally came in and got right to work, he listened to her idly as she explained the things they were going to need for this assignment. "I guess cooking is pretty straightforward." He said after a moment. It wasn't like they were building a rocket or something, though maybe he wouldn't quite put it past this girl to try. When she mentioned a dowel rod, he paused. He was hesitant to ask, but soon did. "Uh...what's a dowel rod?" He didn't know much about science or cooking or anything admittedly.

"And what flavor are we going to make these things anyway? I guess green apple and raspberry are the 'in' flavors right now." he said with air quotes. He paused for a moment before he finally seemed to find words. "Uh, by the way, do you want something to drink or...something?"

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 04:13 PM

"Dowel rods are little wooden rods that can be used for a lot of different purposes. For this experiment, they'll act as the base we grow our crystals on, basically the stem for the candy." she explained. It would be easier to cart around and eat from than a piece of string, and they wouldn't have to weight down the rods like they would the string.

"I think we should just do one flavor. If we do two or more, the other kids will probably make at least one scene over not getting the flavor they want." she said, wrinkling her nose. People could be ridiculous when they wanted something, and kids seemed to be the worst about it. She didn't want to give them any reason to start a fight or be disruptive. They might already be on thin ice bringing candy. "It doesn't really matter which, as long as we have a food dye to match it. And green and blue are both easy to get. So we'll have to see what our options even are." she shrugged. Really her only deciding factor would be which flavors the stores carried.

Jaz nodded her head absently, mind already working through the things they still needed to get and do. "Do you guys have any juice?" she asked. She knew most kids her age would jump at the chance to maybe have a soda, Espeon given the lack of adult supervision, but she liked juice better. Especially apple juice, her favorite. She could eat apples for every meal, she was sure. Though she didn't particularly like artificial green apple flavoring.
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:04 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

She explained what dowel rods were, especially like a pop stick, and though Rowan didn't voice it, he wasn't sure why she hadn't just said that to begin with, it would have been a lot easier. But she seemed like the brainy type compared to him. He would have just called it a pop stick. "Got to admit I've never thought of uh...growing my own candy before." He mentioned when she was finished with her explanation. "Also sounds like someone no one else in our class is going to think of either. They aren't really that smart either." He mentioned, waving it off. It was true though, she was probably already one of the smartest kids in their class.

"One flavor, right." She was right about them making a scene. "I remember the last time someone had a birthday, they brought in chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. This one kid started yelling about how he also wanted to try the chocolate. I wanted to punch him, but..." Rowan shrugged. "I also didn't feel like it was worth the detention just because he was murdering my ears." With a bunch of nonsense at that. "After that everyone started bringing in one flavor, so that makes sense. I'm not going to make enough of more than one flavor just to make them happy." He actually couldn't have cared less if they were happy or not, speaking honestly. They couldn't appreciate even having the option of having two flavors, anyway.

"Juice, yeah, I can get some." He got up and Lucky began to follow but he halted her. "Keep her company for a second, Luck." He said as he exited the room. And Lucky did just that, giving a loud snort as was ceremonious of her before plopping down at Jazmyn's side. Rowan returned a little bit later with two juice boxes and sat back down on the floor pretzel style before handing her one. "So, you said you're from the valley." He had never been there before, he had not the money or a particular reasons. "I've never been there, but Honor says they hold a lot of festivals there." He sounded a little interested in finding out what it was about.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 04:23 PM

There he went again, going out of his way to trash the other kids. It was weird, and Jaz didn't really know what to make of it. He didn't like them, that much was obvious. But why or who started it was beyond her. She didn't want to ask him directly, because he seemed like one of those sensitive boys who didn't like personal questions. And she couldn't ask the other kids because they weren't there. And besides all of that, both sides would have their bias. But it seemed to her like Rowan was a pretty ok guy, if maybe a bit standoffish. And considering his sensitivity about the patch, she couldn't imagine that the other kids were very nice to him about it, whether he had started anything or not.

She decided that, until more information came in, she was on Ro's side.

"Being smart like this is more about memorization than anything, which is why a lot of people think its too boring to be book smart. But there's different kinds of smart, and most of them have nothing to do with books, or remembering that you can grow candy." She shrugged. After all, she knew nothing about different kinds of machines, and she would be completely lost if asked to throw a party. "I'm sure you have your own kind of smart. Everyone has something, even if they haven't found it yet." She told him. She was lucky, her kind of smart was easy to spot and easy to get recognition for. not all different intelligences were treated equal.

Jaz frowned, "How spoiled! You think that they would be happy just being allowed to eat a cupcake in class. Some people are never happy with what they have." She said with a derisive scoff. She couldn't believe the nerve of some people. She had expected more rudeness here than in the Valley, but that was just ridiculous! "Of course not! We're already doing them a favor by bringing the candy. They can have one and be glad." She said, a sour tilt to her mouth. Kids at the barn school would be happy to have candy in class. Even if it was just maple candy they made in the snow with syrup. Maybe having more meant you wanted more? She just couldn't figure out why people in Ioana were so happy with so little and people in Westhaven were so unhappy with so much.

"Please and thank you!" She said with a smile, giggling as Lucky plopped down next to her, scratching between her ears absently, still thinking about the project, as well as the situation with Ro and the other kids. Maybe she shouldn't have suggested an interactive project at all? If the other kids were being nasty, then they didn't really deserve candy, did they? On the other hand, the project would likely impress the teacher and give Ro (and her) and chance to show the rest of the class up. Which for her would feel like revenge, but she couldn't count on Ro feeling the same way. He didn't seem to value the same things she did. Which was ok, most people valued different things. But it did make him harder to read and predict.

When he came back in, she took the juice he handed to her with another thanks, jabbing the straw through the hole and taking a sip. "We do have a lot of festivals, yeah. At least one a season, usually more. This Friday is the Balloon Festival, actually. It's always a ton of fun. There's balloons everywhere in all sorts of colors, and even some different shapes. And we play balloon tennis, and sometimes kids sneak water balloons in. You're not supposed to, though, it's a prank." She told him, remembering a few years ago when she was really little and a bunch of teenagers and older kids had spent the day waging water balloon war on the adults.

note: I set that event roughly two years before the start of the site so as to not conflict with actual accounts of past balloon festivals. I hope it's ok to assume kids would be kids!
PM
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:54 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

For a girl from a small town, this Jazmyn girl knew a lot more than you would think when you first looked at her. Was that an insult? He didn't know, but he decided he wouldn't dwell on it since decidedly when you were having a nice conversation, that wasn't something you said out loud. Yup, probably for the better that when some kid finally didn't mind having a conversation with him he didn't mess it up by insulting her intelligence, which decidedly she had more of than he did. "I guess so." He answered when she talked about the different kinds of smart. "I mean...I know how to Power walk with 4 big dogs at a time. I guess that's...some kind of smart." Aramis had showed him how he did it over the winter, and it hadn't taken Rowan too long to pick up the skill.

"You would think so. And then you're in our school for someone's birthday, you'll see how it is." He promised her,watching her evenly as she mentioned the kids getting one and enjoying it. He could agree with that much, he would go out of his way enough to show them up, but not enough to give them so many options.

He had then gotten up to go get her the juice she wanted, and by the time he had returned, he found himself curious about the Festivals that they had in the valley. He listened to what he was saying, how there was a Balloon Festival this weekend. He seemed interested in the water Balloon bit. "I'd probably be on team water balloon." He said with a laugh. Nothing better than tossing those around. "So I'm guessing you're getting picked up for that then? You don't live here do you?" He questioned, thinking about it. "The only real Festival we have here in the Horse Race. There are a few others, but they're mostly for adults." He said as he thought about it. The Pumpkin Festival, the Masquerade Ball, it was really something adults were more interested in.

#BDB23E

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.