L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Face Your Fears, IC-Hayden|ISO-Eugene
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 06:44 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Eugene C. Beaumont
FRIDAY WINTER 14, YEAR TWO • MORNING • SNOWY
"'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark. I'm gonna give you my heart"

As a former socialite who'd rubbed elbows every week with some of the snobbiest and most utterly impertinent women, Alexandria's eyes quickly darted to look at Hayden with a cool gaze. The immaculately-dressed woman evaluated her scruffier counterpart, determining whether her reply was one designed to be disrespectful and infuriating.

Eventually, Alexandria settled on her answer: no. Her eyes swivelled back to look ahead as Alexandria resumed her favoured impassive look.

Hayden was... not decidedly dumb, Alexandria decided, but perhaps a little ditzy. Maybe naive, or ever unsophisticated were better adjective choices. What Alexandria meant was that she knew Hayden hadn't meant to cause for offence. In fact, she'd been aiming for the complete opposite. That explanation made sense, because Alexandria knew exactly what was procuring between her son and this young lady, and no doubt both were aware that the mother's approval was necessary and borderline holy.

They arrived at yet another door and desk. This one was appropriately sign-posted, "Visiting Room." Alexandria marched up to it and began stating names in her haughty voice, leaving Eugene to stand petrified.

He was so fortunate to have her.

Eugene reached for Hayden's hand and held it tightly.

He was so lucky to have her. Too lucky, considering the life he'd lived beforehand and how he'd treated people like her.

"I'll... I'll remember that,"
he replied slowly, nodding. "I've been thinking about... what it is I want to say. I just hope I get enough time to say it."

Alexandria was finished with the guard sat at the desk. The two had engaged in what wasn't necessarily a heated discussion, but more a case of Alexandria presenting a list of demands and refusing to leave until the guard granted them. The little twinkle in her eye revealed the outcome of the negotiations.

"Come along, Eugene, off you go. The correctional facility has been so kind as to present you and your father with your own private suite-"

That suite was nothing more than a slightly mouldy, disused room.

"-so you can speak freely in private for as long as you wish. Of course a guard will have to accompany you, but I daresay he knows exactly what will become of his career should he repeat any of what you say."

When his mother instructed him to do something, it was an order. And one that she wanted fulfilling quickly at that too. So Eugene shot Hayden a quick, trying-to-be-confident-but-failing smile before he wandered off into the visiting room.

Alexandria's eyes were fixated on Eugene's back until the door to the visiting room closed and she could see him no more.

"So, Hayden,"
Alexandria began, eyes still unmoving. "How long have you been courting my son?"

Just like that, Alexandria's icy eyes were now fixated on Hayden, watching for every little change in her expression.
Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 12:50 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hayden knew he was trying to take her encouragement to heart, and he was trying very hard. But Eugene in fact was having trouble, and that was something perhaps Hayden more than anyone could understand. When something was uncertain, those nerves never gave up, it was like something in your body screaming at you, telling you everything was wrong, and that you shouldn't do what you were trying to do because in the end you would get hurt.

She took a deep breath and gently patted his shoulder. She wished she could do more than that, but his mother was still in their presence, so she didn't move to offer him much more than that. After it was over, after they were alone again, she would make sure she could hold him up, whether this went well or not, she hoped he'd find some sort of answer that he had been looking for. Alexandria came back then, and Eugene was off, Hayden's gaze didn't leave him until he was out of sight.

When she heard Alexandria's voice, now directed at her, she turned to look at her. "Uh...shit was that my name...?" she murmured to herself, before she seemed to come to a conclusion. "Oh, yeah....yes?" Yes Hayden, that was a wonderful impression to make on your boyfriend's mother. She would have liked to kick herself, but she decided that would probably earn her the title of an even bigger idiot than she probably looked now, so she stood in place instead.

And when the words were out of Alexandria's mouth, Hayden bit her lip. "Riiiight. That,yeah, I figured you knew about that." Hayden shrugged softly, avoiding Alexandria's eyes pointedly. Even if she could have been, Hayden had never been in a family of as high a caliber of a family as Eugene's once was. How did she add up to a woman who had lived the lavish life? She certainly wasn't as valuable as a trophy girlfriend, but she tried to offer Eugene more than just a pretty face. "I guess Eugene thought we were doing a good job, buuuuuut...." she shrugged. "Clearly not. If I'm honest, Mrs. Beaumont, we've been dating since the Fall."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Ethereal
Date: Winter 14th
Outfit: Here
Weather: Snowy
#8e3443
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:54 PM

Alexandria Beaumont
"Our family was never perfect"

It was a hobby of the rich to ask greatly uncomfortable, awkward questions to those of lesser status. Although Alexandria and Hayden were now of equal class, Alexandria still found herself "getting a kick" (as the common folk liked to call it) out of catching Hayden off-guard with such a blunt question.

Alexandria laughed as Hayden's explanation finished. "Yes, I'm not quite as dumb as my perfect manicure might have you believe."

"I've known about this for quite some time now,"
she continued. "Not that it wasn't completely obvious to even the blind, what with how Eugene began to mellow so suddenly. Why, I daresay the boy once came home and managed to talk to me about his profession without once denouncing it as menial! That was the moment that confirmed to me that he was smitten with a local lady."

Alexandria openly eyed Hayden up and down. "You're not... quite who I expected, however. I hope you don't take offence in my saying for that for as it is not intended to be insulting. I simply expected for Eugene to settle with someone as uptight and high maintenance as he. From what I can see, you are not like that in the slightest."

She smiled at Hayden now, the warmth within that smile igniting a brighter colour in her eyes. "I assume Eugene spun fear into your heart about me. I daresay he was the reason you've both tried to be so secretive about this little relationship you have going on. I can assure you, you have nothing to worry about. I approve of this wholeheartedly. It's quite obvious to me you have a positive influence on him. He's much happier now than he ever was back in Westhaven which is wonderful for a mother to see."

Alexandria sighed. "It's all a mother can ask for, to see her son well and happy."
Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:45 AM

When Alexandria admitted to knowing already, telling Hayden that she was more than just a fancy Manicure, Hayden shrugged softly. "I'm from the inner city, fancy manicures scare us." she said with a shrug. "We're more the 'don't spend more than 300G on your nails' type of people." she explained, though her entire tone oozed with sarcasm, it wasn't disrespectful, or at least it wasn't meant to be. She listened as Alexandria continued to tell her just how long she had known that the plaid-clad cleaner woman had been dating her son. She couldn't lie to say she didn't feel a little awkward having this conversation in the middle of a prison, but so long as she didn't ask her when she would denounce her son's virginity, then that was fine with her.

"He thinks a lot of things are menial." Hayden answered with a nod. Eugene had mellowed out a lot, this was true since he certainly wasn't the same Eugene that entered the valley, the same one who dropped her mail onto the floor or told her she looked ridiculous at every chance he got. He was different now, and she was glad people were starting to see it. Hopefully he'd be able to make friends around their home. "But he likes a lot more simple things than you would think, too. In fact I can't change out egg salad for roast beef without him getting huffy about it." she mentioned with a sigh.

When Alexandria said Hayden hadn't quite been what she expected, Hayden shrugged almost flippantly. "I think I've been called worse, so you're fine by their standards." She answered. after all, Hayden knew she wasn't the most regal and demure girl in town, but Eugene had chosen her anyway, and in the end that probably mattered to her more than what people thought about them. Because all they had to make sense to was each other. But she knew Alexandria didn't mean anything hostile by it, just by her tone. "Honestly, I didn't think he'd choose me either, so you can say it surprised us both."

Hayden resisted the urge to laugh when she mentioned Eugene being the reason behind their little facade. It certainly hadn't been her. "Believe me, it doesn't take long to undo fear in my heart." she assured her, after all she had been through a lot more than a mother not approving of her. "But I'm glad you feel that way, he was worried about it. It'll be nice if he'd relax a little bit, especially after all of this." She said, motioning to the space around them. When she mentioned the only wish she had for her son, Hayden was silent for a moment, as if remembering something. "Funny," she said after another moment. "That was something my mom always said, too." She was happy Alexandria felt the same way about Eugene.

#8e3443
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 04:55 PM

Alexandria Beaumont
"Our family was never perfect"

With how she'd always behaved around him and how she'd always presented herself to be, Alexandria wasn't surprised that Eugene expected her to be hateful of anyone who wasn't fitting a bourgeois standard. She was old money so yes, she'd had little opportunity to interact with those ordinary, but unbeknownst to him she'd also taken to her new lifestyle. Salon manicures were no longer a luxury she could afford, so Alexandria had learned to paint her own nails perfectly. Lobster was no longer a food she could eat, so Alexandria experimented with cheap and cheerful alternatives. She could appreciate the simplicity of a subtler lifestyle and secretly found no longer worrying about her reputation refreshing.

Perhaps there was no hope for her. Alexandria eventually wanted to restore herself to wealth. As much as she enjoyed this break from money, it felt more like a vacation. But for Eugene, Alexandria had hope. There was more to life than money and she wanted him to experience that life, one filled with genuine passion and, most importantly, love.

"He's a peculiar boy,"
Alexandria said, planning to now wrap up the conversation. Her eyes had drifted down to look at her mother-of-pearl watch, and visiting hours were almost over. "You've done well to naturalise and mellow him. Why, I haven't seen him come home with a black eye in while, so I can't imagine how nicely he speaks to others now."

"Please,"
she finished, her tone now that of a genuine loving mother. "Continue taking care of him for me, will you? And if you have to break his heart, be gentle. Underneath all that sourness, Eugene is such a gentle soul."
Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:45 AM

Hayden wasn't a person who usually made rapid assumptions about people. In fact, she was usually too enveloped in her own inner thoughts to care what people were doing unless it was directly connected to her, but sitting here with Alexandria now, Hayden could tell that anything that her boyfriend had previously told her about his mother, were the things that he was just so used to seeing.

But Eugene was like that in general, he didn't seem to notice the changes that came to him until long after they were made. Sure, he could tell the difference between his usual egg salad and a chicken salad sandwich, but when it came to...deeper changes, that was something different entirely. It had taken him so much time alone to realize how much he himself had changed from the pompous and snobby man he arrived in, to the man he was today. The man who still held some of those snobbish qualities, but was also quite approachable these days. So no, it didn't really surprise her that he still thought his mother was something different than what Hayden was presented with now.

"Peculiar is...one word for it." Hayden said with a chuckle. But no matter what word was used to describe Eugene, he was the man that she loved, and that part was all that really mattered to her. "He's changed, a lot." Hayden agreed with a nod. "But I wouldn't say that it's all because of me. Because that change also had to come from somewhere within him." She added, shaking her head quietly. "I need him, and he needs me, and that's about all I know right now." Hayden had stopped thinking too far into the future long ago, and now all she had left was what was happening in her life at the moment. But somehow she saw a life with Eugene beyond then, too.

When Alexandria gave her a simple request, she nodded. She hoped that breaking his heart was something she'd never need to do. After all, she was sure both of them had their hearts broken enough. She heard the call for closing of business hours and glanced at Alexandria. "I hope he's alright, he was pretty nervous."

#8e3443
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.