L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

It's been a while., IC: Hannah ISO: Rowan
Rii
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 03:12 PM

O is my berry <3

GROUP: Yellow Leaf

Awards: 30

Rep: 20 pts

Hannah Summers
user posted image
Outfit x 1st Winter x Afternoon x Tag: Tanuki

Having arrived in the early hours of the morning in Ioana on the 29th of Autumn was definitely a nice little plus for Hannah, especially because it meant she had more time to spend with her sister. Sadly, it also meant that she had spent two days doing nothing productive.

Now that it was the first of winter - A day Hannah had been excitedly waiting for. Going to meet someone she only had a brief encounter with in summer yet seemed to have commuted in discussions through the mail lead her to arrange to meet him on the first of winter.
This was a great opportunity to converse and catch up.

Brushing a stray strand of hair behind her pierced ear and gaze longingly towards the train as it arrived slowly at the station in Ioana.
Next stop: Westhaven.

This time, Hannah wanted to bring her sisters fox with her too. After what felt like forever discussing with her sister about how she wanted to take Rain to Westhaven and have a guide dog, er, fox of her own - Ky finally yielded defeat and gave her permission. Now with Rain on the lead and the train at the station, Hannah had the last leg of her journey to do. This train was like an every day routine for her now.

Boarding the train and opening her bag, Hannah pulled out her ticket and a sandwich before sitting down in a coach. As the train whistle echoed throughout the air, Hannah tugged some of the meat from the sandwich and passed it to the fox whom eagerly took it and sat nestled underneath the table.

Looking up at the grey, cloudy sky with wonder; Hannah pondered if it would snow. It would make sense, right? After all, winter was usually when snow was terrible here.
It did seem, however, that her sister predicted that it would snow soon. Maybe it'd snow in Westhaven and she had to leave early or stay for the day or until they were able to allow trains passage again.

As the train finally arrived in Westhaven, Hannah tugged the foxes lead and stood up. The silver and white vulpine instantly followed behind her as she exited the train and onto the station.
The feeling of Westhaven was so very different to Ioana. It was so much colder and so busier. People were dressed so differently and Hannah could tell just from appearance that this place was better off than Ioana.

Why her sister chose Ioana over Westhaven was beyond her.

Looking around, Hannah caught the familiar sight of the very person she was going to see.
"Rain, get behind me." She whispered and the fox instantly sat behind her; his fur spiking out either side of her legs. Throwing her hand into the air, Hannah cupped her free hand over her mouth and bellowed: "ROWAN!"
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 09:04 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Outfit|Winter 1|Afternoon|Cloudy|Rii

Rowan had sent a letter or so to Hannah over the past two seasons, like he said he would. He wasn’t sure why, but he had felt the need to make sure he did so. He however dodge his fosters seeing him head out to the mailbox. It was probably a good thing that they were about as unobservant as it got, because Rowan didn’t have time to play one thousand and one questions with them. Not that they had enough time in their day for him, but he decided it was better he go to send out his post in secret anyway. Hannah was irritating, but at the same time it was a comfort to have someone to talk to. He only asked her never to send letters back though, because he couldn’t risk his fosters seeing it. They would have given it to him, after ripping it open and reading it for themselves.

But now he was headed to the train station on his own, hands in his pockets as he meandered towards the station. If there was a better time to hang out with Hannah he couldn’t think of it, since his fosters loved to over indulge themselves with whiskey and tequila every weekend, with money that probably should have been used to buy him less worn shirts. But that didn’t matter much to him today, it was an opportune time.

He hadn’t been at the station long, still lost in the crowd when he heard a familiar, obnoxious voice call him name. He rolled his eyes before pushing the rest of the way through the bustling crowd. “Why are you always so loud?” He asked as he appeared in her field of view. But it didn’t sound as cold as it had the very first time they had met, and in fact there was an underlying warmth to it. He glanced down at the fox. “Hey Hannah, weird dog.” He joked, knowing full well that Rain was indeed not a dog.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 09:56 AM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

Watching the small, familiar figure of Rowan push through the crowd of people as they swarmed around him was enough for Hannah to stifle a giggle. Last thing she wanted was for him to feel like she was mocking him for his height and small physique. Not like she hadn't grown in the past few seasons. This was like a one time thing for her so she may as well enjoy it while she could.

Her sixteenth birthday was in just three days so maybe she could see him then? Definitely wouldn't hurt to try. Otherwise she'd have to convince her sister to keep her company next time around.
Now that she could see him, he didn't look at all like her. In fact, he looked like he was dressed for summer. Hannah glanced down at her scarf and baggy coat before scoffing. Of course. Men hated admitting they were cold.
"Why are you always so loud?” Rowan's voice pulled her from her thoughts and she just returned it with a cocky grin.

"If I wasn't loud, Rowan, you wouldn't hear me over the train and people!" Now that she realised it, it wasn't as cold in Westhaven as it was in Ioana.
Westhaven was really weird.
"Hey Hannah, weird dog.” Hannah's eyes dropped to Rain who walked out from behind her, tail held high and instantly pressed his nose to Rowan's hand and then waist before circling him with the occasional squeak.

"Thanks. He's a rare breed." Hannah teased. "What about your dog? Where is she? I thought you two were inseparable."
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 02:24 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

“Maybe not heard, but I’m not blind.” Well, mostly, but he kept that part to himself. Hannah had been loud from the second that he met her, so he guess that he shouldn’t been expecting much else. After all, he wouldn’t recognize her from anything else. The fox behind her feet came scampering out and he reached out a hand to let him smell, letting him catch his scent before giving him a light pet. Was there a reason he didn’t have a jacket? He had ripped it the other day and still hadn’t been able to repair it. If he wanted to go to Honor’s tomorrow he’d need to try and fix it or she’d fuss over it.

“Lucky’s got a home now.” He stated as he stood back up. It was something he had neglected to mention in letters, because she hadn’t asked and he hadn’t thought of it otherwise. Lucky was probably laying around in one of the rooms of Honor’s home or playing with the other dogs. But he decided not to come pick her up today, partially because he didn’t want to bother Honor every single day, and partially because of the jacket thing. He shrugged after wards as he stood up from petting the fox.

“I still get to see her, but I decided not to today.” He mentioned. Glancing away for a second, he looked back at Hannah. “So, what did you want to do?” He questioned. He decided to let her decide, since no matter what he did she was probably going to do it anyway. But that wasn’t a terrible thing.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 09:02 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

“Maybe not heard, but I’m not blind.” Rowan responded and Hannah just grinned at him with her usual cocky half-grin.
"If ya say so ~" Hannah's voice trilled off into a small hum as she spoke, rocking on the balls of her feet with Rain stood close to her, his eyes focused on the newcomer.

Now that Hannah took a look at him, part of her could see he had grown possibly taller? How old was he again? He was definitely younger than her. Shrugging, Hannah's mind fell on the usual shadow that tailgated him.
"Lucky’s got a home now.” Rowan answered her question and instantly a pang of guilt fluttered through her chest.
"Oh..." Why did he give Lucky away? Surely he loved that dog more than anything? Hannah's eyes fell on Rain. What would happen if Ky gave Rain away? The idea of that made Hannah's eyes sting with tears and she blinked them away. "Do you still see her?"

"I still get to see her, but I decided not to today.” Oh. Did he sacrifice a day to see her just to come and see herself? Hannah's face stung a faint red at the boys intentions and she just scuffed her shoe against the floor.
"Oh." Hannah repeated. "That's good. I'm sure Lucky is happy to see you a lot." It was probably best to drop it at that. Last thing Hannah wanted to do at the moment was say something to upset him.

"So, what did you want to do?” Hannah let the words sink in and she gazed down at Rain. He knew his way around the place a little better than her so she definitely could rely on him for the journey back. She definitely had to get on the four o'clock train which gave her a little while.
"Anywhere fun in Westhaven?" No harm in asking.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 08:46 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Rowan actually had no problem when it came to talking about Lucky. “She got really sick and I couldn’t take care of her. But someone I really trust who knows what she’s doing with dogs took her in. She lets me see her whenever I want, but I figured I’d give it a break today.” He explained as he gave her a shrug. He looked down at Rain when she did. The fox and the dog weren’t the same species at all, but he guessed that the bond was the same. “As long as she’s well fed and warm that’s really all I care about.” He admitted as if trying to make her feel better. Though she was happy to see him whenever he came around, which made him happy his best friend hadn’t forgotten him in her new home.

“You have no idea what you want to do, do you?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. But with a shrug, he motioned for her to follow. “I know one place, but you’re going to need to make sure to keep that fox of yours close. We don’t want him getting mixed up.” He said, turning to walk as he motioned for her to follow. From the train station it would only be a short walk before Rowan brought her to the entrance of the Westhaven Zoo. He often enjoyed coming here to look at the animals. “Here we are.” Though he glanced at the ticket booths before motioning to Hannah. “This way.” He led her towards a row of tall bushes that rested against the fence, stopping at a specific spot before looking around.

Good, the coast was clear.

“Come on.” He told her before making his way into the bushes. He didn’t see anyone around, or at least anyone looking, so he jostled the chain link fence around until it came loose at the bottom. “I hope you’re not one of those good girl types, because I’m broke and this is our only way in.”

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 10:41 AM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

"She got really sick and I couldn’t take care of her. But someone I really trust who knows what she’s doing with dogs took her in. She lets me see her whenever I want, but I figured I’d give it a break today.” Rowan explained and Hannah just nodded her head slowly in response as she listened to him. So initially Lucky wasn't able to live on the diet she was given and ultimately fell ill? Recalling the burger incident, Hannah wondered if that was often what she was fed. She didn't seem very fed there either. Was it really a giveaway case?

"As long as she’s well fed and warm that’s really all I care about." Hannah curled her hand into a fist and punched him on the shoulder.
"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Be strong and happy for those you care about. It totally works."

"You have no idea what you want to do, do you?”Hannah's face stung a tinge of red and she then proceeded to scratch the back of her head with a goofy grin.
"Yeah. You invited me, though, so you have plans. It's cool." Whatever those plans were, Hannah was down for them. Be it a back-alley brawl to sneaking into an R rated movie. Rowan motioned for her to follow and Rain took lead in front of Hannah - clearly used to the motion.
"I know one place, but you’re going to need to make sure to keep that fox of yours close. We don’t want him getting mixed up.” Hannah nodded her head. Must be a dog fight that they had to stop and he didn't want Rain to get injured.

After a few minutes of silent walking, Rowan motioned towards a ticket booth and Hannah's eyes focused on the area they had arrived at.
"Here we are.” Rowan had taken them to a...zoo?

Wait.

Westhaven had a zoo?

Why the hell did she not see this last time she was here?

“This way.” Staring at it for a moment longer before proceeding to follow Rowan, Hannah wondered what his plan was. Maybe he was showing her a familiar landmark for when she headed home?

Rowan guided her to where a set of bushes rested pressed against an chain fence and Hannah tilted her head watching him fall into a sneaky crouch.
Was he planning what she thought he was planning?
“Come on.” He motioned her to follow and she was happy to oblige, crawling through the bushes with Rain beside her.

Aw yes.

They were sneaking in.

As he jostled the chain-link fence until it gave way, Hannah pointed to the fence and looked towards Rain.
"I hope you’re not one of those good girl types, because I’m broke and this is our only way in.”
"Nah." Hannah responded. "Watch."

"Rain, dig!" Ordered in a hushed whisper, the foxes ears twitched before he skirted past the two children and began to claw and dig at the earth until it gave away enough room for them to crawl through individually.

"See? Let's get cracking."
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 01:41 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

“Ow.” Rowan said as he rubbed his arm where she had punched. “You’re a brute.” He commented before heading towards the Zoo. What else was he supposed to do for his four legged best friend? Sure, at first he had been afraid that he’d never see her again, but he had been visiting her all fall now, and now he wasn’t afraid of that anymore. She was safe, and he was happy. He rolled his eyes when Hannah mentioned he was the one who invited her, but he led her through towards their destination anyway. The Zoo for him was more relaxing than anything else. Somehow, he could relate to those animals trapped in cages, who like him would probably never be free.

But his idea of sneaking in wasn’t received badly by the girl that was with him, in fact she actually seemed excited to do it. He watched as the fox came to his feet and started digging on command, freeing up a little more of the fence. He supposed that Hannah was taller than him, so she’d need a little more wiggle room. But he wouldn’t ask her if it was because she had put on some weight. No, he had seen adults get in trouble for that, and it was probably the same for teenage girls. He squeezed through first, keeping watching until Hannah and Rain were through before adjusting the fence so it was back in place again.

“Hope you weren’t expecting lunch. Because as long as you weren’t we’ll have a good time.” He said, making sure there was really no one who had caught them sneaking in. Annnd of course, he could see a security guard coming across the area. He scooped up the fox before he could see him from behind the rail, handing him to Hannah since for Rowan it would be fairly heavier before taking her wrist. “Time to ditch the babysitter.” He said before taking off, leading Hannah into the throngs of people.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 07:10 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

With a usual cocky grin printed on her face and a snicker escaping through her exposed teeth, Hannah's eyes closed and she gave him the thumbs up in agreement to his statement on her lack of femininity. Hannah had been told by her school mates that she was indeed very much a boisterous girl and had driven them to the point of annoyance very, very quickly. Not that she wasn't proud of it.

After the journey and initial illegal act into the zoo, Hannah's eyes fell on Rowan with wonder. Was this how he made a living? Was he like that boy in the books who lived on the streets with a monkey called Uba and wanted to marry a princess called Enimasj? Shrugging her shoulders, Hannah just looked around the zoo briefly. Maybe this was where Uba was.

“Hope you weren’t expecting lunch. Because as long as you weren’t we’ll have a good time.” Hannah pondered on his words briefly, trying to understand what he meant. They had managed to get into the facility without paying, but surely buying food and drink was no problem? Oh how her sister would be furious with her if she knew that she was a wanted criminal for breaking and entering in Westhaven. Not like it mattered, Hannah lived in another country for goddess sake.

"Nah. I got money. S'all -" Next thing she knew, Rain was shoved into her arms. " -- Rain you're heavy!" How did Ky manage to hold her fox and make it look so easy? Rain just shoved his face into hers and Hannah instantly stifled a giggle as his wet nose brushed over her face blocking out whatever Rowan had said next.

Of course that didn't last long as she was almost thrown off balance by Rowan's sudden grab and flee. Staggering awkwardly behind him with a fox in her clutches, Hannah wondered how it would seem for two children to run into a crowd looking panic-stricken with a fox in their arms at a zoo. Definitely not suspicious in any shape of form considering it was IN A ZOO.

Oh well.

Hannah ignored the fact she bumped into people and just followed en suite of her companion while struggling to keep Rain from falling from her grip despite his attempt at struggling and squeaking.
"Rain, you're going to get us in even more trouble. Behave!" She hissed to the restless fox who instantly squirmed around and peered over her shoulder, head tilted.

Pulling her arm back (with the thanks of Rain's weight) Hannah hoped it would yank Rowan back with her.
"I think we're in the clear. It's going to look obvs if they see us running with a fox. Besides, Rain can pull off a good dog." Letting Rain jump from her grasp and shake his fur, Hannah exhaled softly.
"Where d'you wanna look first?"
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 11:22 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He was out of breath by the time they had stopped, and Hannah gave him a message that the coast was clear. He didn’t answer for a moment, catching his breath as he was the one not wearing a jacket so the winter air had gotten to his senses a little sooner. But now that they were safe from the guard, he felt a little bit more relaxed. In any case, his entrance that way was probably going to be gone next time he came back. Oh well, he could always worry about that later. For now, they were here and it was what really mattered.

When she asked where he wanted to go, he gave her a shrug. “Huh. How about…” He knew there was one animal he wanted to see first, and he motioned for her to follow him. He took a small bridge over a lake usually filled with ducks, but since the ducks had flown elsewhere for the winter, it was only frozen, with nothing really to see. It was a place that wasn’t often filled with too many people, because what was in the cage wasn’t as entertaining as she used to be to the park goers, but he still found her beautiful.

“Hey Shiba.” He said as they came to a smaller enclosure. At the name, a large orange tiger with graying fur lifted her head. She looked in their direction, though she didn’t leave the boulder that she was perched on, instead she gave a stretch and rolled onto her back with a social defiance. “She may be 500 pounds, but she’s still a cat.” Rowan said jokingly as he turned to Hannah. “This is Shiba, the zoo’s oldest tiger. She’s in an enclosure by herself because the younger tigers are too rowdy for her. She doesn’t do much, but she’s one of my favorite animals here.”

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 11:55 AM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

Watching Rowan out breath amused Hannah. Perhaps there was a clear sign between their athletic thresholds. Hannah was used to running far distances in a short space of time. She was, after all, on the track team at her school in Oak. It was sad to think she was in her last year and will be officially finished in Spring. In Summer she'd be searching for a job and then trying to financially sustain herself until summer. Luckily, Hannah wasn't great with money and often saved it. A cheapskate was like her hidden nature. Spending too much irritated her and she never understood her sisters power of somehow creating money even after spending loads of it on art supplies.

"Huh. How about…” Hannah waited patiently for his response, holding tightly onto Rain's lead so the fox didn't wander off. He shouldn't be too much of a sore thumb, he had a collar around his neck with an address to Ky's home and if they accused or of stealing the fox from the zoo then she'd have to prove his identification with the vet records. It was rather simple, really. No sense in fraud.

Once again they were off and Rain reluctantly followed behind, the sounds of animals and people caused him to shrink to the ground in an awkward prowl as if he were sneaking away.
A small whimper escaped his throat and Hannah quickly looked at him to see if he was okay before quickly clicking her tongue which seemed to briefly reassure him.

They walked over a bridge that shadowed a frozen lake and Hannah wondered if it was thick enough to ice-skate on.
"Hey Shiba.” Rowan pulled her from her thoughts and she soon realised that they had stopped outside a rather small, cage-like enclosure.
Peering around Rowan's shoulder, Hannah caught sight of a magnificent beast with faded orange and black fur lying on a rock while basking in all its glory. Its very body big enough to shake the ground around it with a swift pounce.
"She may be 500 pounds, but she’s still a cat.” Hannah breathed in with sheer awe at the sight of the large creature.

"I've never seen a real tiger before..." Hannah's eyes were focused on the creature with disbelief and she could feel herself growing excited. Folding her arms on the metal of the cage and leaning against a small ledge while pressing her chin to her arms, Hannah tilted her head and watched the beast dreamily, her long raven hair falling down over her shoulder; Rain standing on his hind legs to get a clearer visual.

"This is Shiba, the zoo’s oldest tiger. She’s in an enclosure by herself because the younger tigers are too rowdy for her. She doesn’t do much, but she’s one of my favorite animals here.” Hannah sighed, leaning back to normal.
"How rude. They should treat her with respect. She's the wise one, after all. Oh well, if I were in her place I'd show them who's boss." With a hmph, Hannah looked around at the other enclosures.
"This zoo is surprisingly big considering Westhaven's size. I've never actually been to a zoo before. My dad's a marine biologist so he explores the world and sends me pictures he's taken. I've asked him many times to take me, but it's always the same answer. 'When you're older, I'll take you'. GET THIS!" Hannah turned to Rowan, finger raised. "He takes my half-brother and offered my half-sister all the damn time. Never me, though."
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 03:56 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He watched Shiba with an interest as she rolled onto her front again before hopping off the boulder and prowling around the territory of her pen. “You’ve never been to a zoo?” Rowan asked when she said she had never seen a tiger before. Surely zoos everywhere had tigers, didn’t they? Well, there were none as impressive as Shiba, but he was sure. New York had zoos, he remembered that. He wondered where Hannah was from, but he didn’t ask, instead focusing his attention back on the tiger until Hannha took his attention off of her again by starting to talk.
“I think they treat her okay, she could use a little more space I think but she is just one tiger.”

He guessed it would have been fair to argue that in the wild she would have so much more space to run around and be the majestic animal she was born to be, but that wasn’t Shiba’s fate. She was born in captivity and had never known the wide open spaces of a jungle. “I’m sure you would.” He said when she mentioned being in Shiba’s place. “All you’d have to do is annoy them to death.” It was a joke, but there was about a 50% chance that Rowan was also more than serious.

She answered his earlier question about never being to a zoo, and he shrugged. “Even as a kid they aren’t that exciting. I come here because looking at the animals is nice, but I know they’re trapped so I wouldn’t really call it fun.” He paused looking at Hannah with a raised eyebrow. “Don’t take that as a plan to free the animals.” He said, knowing Hannah’s thoughts ran a bit wild from the last time they met. “Your dad is a Marine Biologist?” another thing he didn’t know about Hannah, but he listened to her anyway. He motioned once they were done looking at Shiba to move on. “Maybe he thinks you’ll scare the fish off by shouting like that.” He said after a moment as he walked in the direction of the monkey enclosures. “I don’t see why he wouldn’t take you seriously though. If you want to go you should be able to.”

But then again life was never fair.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 08:32 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

"You’ve never been to a zoo?” Hannah guessed that should have been obvious. After all, her town wasn't as financially successful like Westhaven. A zoo would be too much for the economy and definitely would run bankrupt quickly.
They had a small aquarium, but that was the closest it'd get.

"I think they treat her okay, she could use a little more space I think but she is just one tiger.” A tiger or not, it was a captive creature who was clearly displaying stereotypical behaviour and therefore shouldn't belong in captivity like it did.
With a disapproving click of her tongue, Hannah's eyes fell on Rain. Her sister had hand-reared the fox and not once had Rain tried to run away or show primal instincts. Maybe he was too tame.

"I’m sure you would. All you’d have to do is annoy them to death.” Hannah's eyes fell on him and for a brief moment she looked hurt, but it didn't last long. Her usual cocky grin painted itself across her ivory face.
"Yeah?" Hannah's eyes focused on the feline once more. "It's how a girl makes a living."

The talking of zoos brought Hannah to speak about her parents back at Oak. They loved her a lot and she knew they wouldn't do something intentionally to upset her. Surely her father had his reasons, but needless to say she wanted to defy him at all costs and just experience it once.
"Even as a kid they aren’t that exciting. I come here because looking at the animals is nice, but I know they’re trapped so I wouldn’t really call it fun. Don’t take that as a plan to free the animals.”
"Really?" Hannah responded, turning around and leaning backwards against the viewing platform. "I would totally have assumed you were still a kid now, small-fry." Hannah flicked his forehead before snickering. "Don't worry. Like feminists love the whole concept of free the nip, I'll be sure to come back after hours and free the beasts. Will be kind of fun. Totally should do it tonight, actually. Perfect idea, don't you think?" Hannah paused before looking at Rowan.

"Kidding!" Looking away, Hannah glanced thoughtfully up at the sky. "...or am I?"
"Your dad is a Marine Biologist?” Hannah nodded her head.
"If you want to know about the ocean life, he's the man to go to." Hannah explained. "He studied it before he met my mother and of course it was love at first sight for them. My mother raised my older sister all by herself and my father had recently broken up with his fiancé so their son was his pride and joy yet it seemed like my mother and his son hit it off big time." Hannah shrugged. "When they started dating, he warned her about his lack of time spent with her and she was totally fine with it. He doesn't explore as much now, but when he does he always takes my brother." Hannah exhaled softly and chewed the lining of her mouth. "Never me."

"Maybe he thinks you’ll scare the fish off by shouting like that.” Hannah laughed.
"I don’t see why he wouldn’t take you seriously though. If you want to go you should be able to.”
Hannah shrugged once again before proceeding to follow him.

"Nah. It's because I'm still a student. My mother doesn't want me to get pulled out of school like my sister. Ky was home-schooled because she wasn't a strong child. She's able to take care of herself now so she lives in Ioana. She won't be able to handle a polluted city like Westhaven. The smog and smug in the air would corrupt her and make her very sick. Plus Rain won't be able to run freely like he does in her flower field." Hannah grinned as she imagined the fox running through the tall flowers, chasing butterflies and birds. "She has a huge field to herself with a cherry tree that she always goes to paint. Not like you really need to know that."

Rain followed on her tail, sniffing the air and squeaking with curiosity; his claws clicking on the pavement.
"I can tell you that considering Westhaven is a city, the zoo is surprisingly clean."
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 02:25 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

“Kids shout loudly, so out of the two of us, I’m the farthest thing from a kid.” Rowan countered with a shrug. As she talked about feminists, Rowan raised an eyebrow. “That has 0 to do with animals.” He commented as they moved on from the Tiger’s cage. “Let’s not, I’d rather not get arrested.” Then again, if juvie was any cleaner than where he lived now, maybe he did. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he couldn’t say he minded the cold compared to his hot, stuffy apartment. He wondered how his fosters expected to be able to pay a heating bill with how high they kept the thermostat.

He couldn’t help but be thankful for the topic shift when she started talking about her father. He wasn’t really that interested in the ocean himself, but someone had to be. After all, who else was going to keep track of what was in those depths? It wasn’t going to be him, that was for sure. Though as Hannah went on, it seemed that she knew just why her father didn’t take her with him when he went out. Rowan thought in general it’d be dangerous for anyone who wasn’t a professional, but compared to her father he wouldn’t know what was safe with the ocean.

“If you know, then why are you complaining about it?” He hadn’t meant to sound so blunt, but it didn’t seem like she had reason to complain. “You’re still his family aren’t you? If you just wait, you’ll probably have a chance eventually.” He said honestly. Honestly, he heard people complain for a lot less, but it didn’t mean it wasn’t the slightest bit annoying to him. He sighed as his eyes reflected something unreadable for just a moment.

“Yeah, they keep it clean. It’s all part of the city’s image.” He said, before nodding his head to an enclosure. “Monkeys.”

#BDB23E

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 04:10 PM

O is my berry <3

Hannah Summers
user posted image

"Kids shout loudly, so out of the two of us, I’m the farthest thing from a kid.” Hannah just glared at him with a playful narrow of her eyes and scrunched up her face.
"That has 0 to do with animals.” Hannah stared at the boy in sheer confusion before shrugging.
"Never said it was the animals. I was just, uh, what's the word? Creating an analogy. S'all." With a jab of her elbow, Hannah snickered before focusing on the tiger once more.

Proceeding to follow him with the idea of releasing these beasts at night (which quickly grew tempting for Hannah) Rowan seemed to have other ideas. "Let’s not, I’d rather not get arrested.”
"Boooooring." Hannah exhaled softly, folding her arms and walking behind him while Rain followed behind her.

"If you know, then why are you complaining about it?” Hannah shrugged.
"Wasn't complaining, just so ya know." Holding her arms behind her head, Hannah looked up at the sky with idle wonder.
"You’re still his family aren’t you? If you just wait, you’ll probably have a chance eventually.” Hannah looked down at him from the bottom of her eyes, head still tilted up at the sky.
"Yeah?" Hannah curled her lips to the side in thought. "Perhaps so, but I doubt he will. Just a feeling I got. Especially because I'm not gonna be with my family soon."

Rowan's pace seemed to slow down and Hannah took the opportunity to take note in her surroundings, only to come across little to no rubbish.
"Yeah, they keep it clean. It’s all part of the city’s image.”
"Tch. No kiddin'" Hannah looked around once more hoping to see something small, but came to nothing.
Rowan then stopped and gestured towards an enclosure.
"Monkeys.”

"Hey, Rowan." Hannah moved close to the enclosure and checked out the info card. "This one kinda looks like you." Gesturing to one of the monkeys that was closer to them, Hannah giggled.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.