L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

In Memory of You, Hayden&Brandon
Tanuki
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:44 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageLate Morninguser posted image3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#8e3443

Hayden stared out the window of the car as Adam drove right through the city to get where they were going. The furry beast that was half in her lap thumped her tail against the opposite car door. Today she had coordinated with Brandon that they'd meet at their parent's getaway cabin. They wanted to start restoring things, and so Hayden's contribution to the large project that they had ahead of them was sitting in the bed of Adam's car. several kinds of her mother's favorite flowers, including the lillies that her father had always been super allergic too rested there.

She had wanted to weed out and fill the flower boxes that sat in front of the house with the kinds of flowers she knew that once their mother probably kept there. Adam seemed a little nervous to leave them alone, but this time Hayden insisted it may be better. Perhaps they needed to be alone, there was certain healing you couldn't do with others watching, like the city had been watching them the days following their parents murder, something Hayden had tried so hard and failed to shield her little brother from having to experience. But she was going to try and do a better job of being someone he could rely on when they came out on the other side of this.

She thanked Adam after they had unloaded the flowers, getting there a little before Brandon, and Rusty had already gotten busy sniffing them. "You're going to get one of those stuck up your nose,Rusty." she said in a monotone voice to the dog, who inevitably sneezed after nearly sucking a small petal up her nose. "I warned you." The dog shook her head furiously, pausing with a jingle of her collar as she spotted the unfamiliar man approaching the house. Of course instead of growling of barking, she ran over to him, tail wagging, and Hayden rolled her eyes. "You are truly the world's most amazing guard dog." she stated as she followed up behind Rusty. "Hey, Brandon."

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 7 2018, 06:17 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Brandon Greene
Summer 6, Year 3 • Late Morning • Cloudy
"Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt"
user posted image

Brandon had hailed a car out to the little cabin his parents had kept before they passed. He could have hitched a ride with Adam and Hayden, but this was preferable for him. They were only just beginning the healing process, and there was no need to rush or push things by being stuck in the backseat of a car with one another.

He wasn’t entirely sure how today was going to go. There was a lot of healing he still needed to do and a lot of anger that he hadn’t quite figured out what to do with yet. Hopefully things would be slightly calm between the two siblings, and any emotions he had could be channeled into fixing up the cabin. The place had over five years of dust and grim covering it, so Brandon had filled a bucket with all sorts of cleaning equipment. Some of the rooms he thought could also use a coat of paint, but he would wait on that. He and Hayden could decide what color would be best.

The car pulled up to the cabin and Brandon got out, carrying his supplies up to the fence and was immediately greeted by Hayden’s dog. He sat down his bucket, bending down to give the dog a few scratches behind the ears. He heard Hayden’s voice above him and looked up. “Hey.” He stood up, looking around at the flowers. “You got mom’s favorite,” he said with a small smile.

user posted image
"If you ask me, don't know where to start"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 9 2018, 02:49 PM

user posted image
user posted image Summer 6th user posted imageLate Morninguser posted image3user posted imageCloudyuser posted imageHereuser posted imageBelle
#8e3443

It wasn't like she wasn't aware that the state of things between herself and her brother was still fragile. After all, you couldn't mend a lot of things in one day, and certainly not what had happened to them. Having Rusty nearby was always a comfort, which was why the dog was there to begin with. The dog's tail wagged as Brandon gave her some scratches behind the ears, and in return the dog attempted to lick his face. Hayden had always known in a home invasion, her dog would probably sooner let the invaders in.

When Brandon finally tore his attention away from her ever annoying but loveable pup, he noticed the flowers and Hayden nodded. "Yeah, I remember how much mom loved a good lily." she thought about it as she picked one up. "Dad hated them but he still brought them for her every occasion he could think of. I think when I asked him why he said something along the lines of 'I'm not allergic to your mother', but he still sneezed for weeks." she added with a slight laugh as she placed it down on the bare window box next to her.

"I'm guessing a good cleaning out of the inside is a good place to start, I was pretty sure I could taste the dust in the air the last time we were in there." she said, motioning to the house. Upon heading inside, she could hear the boards creak over weight they hadn't felt in years. She glanced up at the various Spiders hanging out in the corners and pursed her lips for a moment. "Look, squatters." she said, pointing at the ceiling.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 11 2018, 03:36 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon remembered fondly his parents' love affair when they were still here. His father stopped at nothing to keep his mother happy, even if it meant he might suffer for a while. He had been an amazing role model for Brandon of what kind of man he should grow up to become. He only wished he was still around to continue guiding him.

"He never was afraid to suffer a little for mom's happiness," he said as he watched her sit the flower back down. She motioned for them to head inside and he nodded, following her. There was a lot of cleaning that needed to be done, Brandon saw that last time they were here, and he knew the task was going to take the both of them a very long time. Definitely not something they would finish in a day.

Brandon looked up at the webs and spiders Hayden pointed out. "Mhm, that's going to be fun to clean. Think your dog will eat them for us?" he asked. He could only imagine how many other crawlers were lurking in dark corners. He walked further into the house, sitting the bucket on the small coffee table in the living room. "Well I guess this is as good as a place to start as any."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 15 2018, 06:04 AM

user posted image
#8e3443

Their dad had always been the romantic type, even if he used to lay on the couch and tell Hayden and Brandon he was dying in a dramatic fashion all because he had brought the Lillies of death just for their mother. But they made the table look pretty, he would argue. She hummed softly to herself when he mentioned their dad not minding the suffering for their mom's happiness. "He could have taught a lot of men these days a thing or two." she mentioned with a nod. It was too bad that he was gone, but at the moment she tried not to think about it.

When they went inside and she mentioned the spiders, she laughed when he asked about Rusty eating them. "I think she'd run away from them sooner than she'd eat them." she said, shaking her head. "She met some chickens this spring, she almost got eaten by them.I think it really made her think twice about approaching small creatures." she mentioned, Rusty tilting her head at the tone in Hayden's voice.

"I work in the town hall cleaning it up back in Ioana, so this place can't be that bad." After she said that, she watched as a piece of wallpaper peeled itself off the wall. She glanced over at Brandon and sucked in a breath. "Well, I tried to make it better, but I think we should get to work." She picked up the duster in the bucket and began trying to reach up the wall, however the wall was a bit too tall. "Think you can reach that web?" At town hall, she'd usually ask Eugene to lift her a little bit, so she could reach the web, but maybe Brandon could reach it faster than that.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 25 2018, 08:48 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Talking about their parents again brought a lot of memories and emotions up for Brandon. The death of his parents had been something he and his therapist Dr. Grainger had talked about excessively for the two years Brandon had seen her. But talking with someone who actually knew the dead family members you grieved was much different than talking to a doctor who only thought she was saying what you needed to hear.

Brandon sighed, running his hand through his hair. They had a lot of work ahead of them, and standing around reminiscing about their parents wasn’t getting it done any faster. “Well, if Rusty isn’t going to be any help this is going to take longer than I thought.” He shook his head. “If you think over 5 years of dust and neglect isn’t bad, I don’t even wanna know what Town Hall looks like,” he said. He had never been in Town Hall and only spent short moments in the valley limits nowadays.

He watched as she tried to reach up and clean away the web above them. When she couldn’t reach it, he held out his hand for the duster. He reached up on tip toes, just barely able to strike against the spider web. He hit against it until something fell on his face and he jumped back, swiping at his face instead, a spider falling to the ground. “Ah, fuck. That thing almost went in my mouth.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 26 2018, 01:08 PM

user posted image
#8e3443

Rusty heard her name mentioned again and raised her ears before looking at Hayden. "You're a popular topic of choice today," she said, almost as if that would soothe the dog's worries, given she had any, before she nodded at her brother's words. "Yeah, sorry she's just not the type of cleaning dog I wish I had, she at least knows how to put her bed in the washing machine though." she mentioned as if that was the pup's saving grace. She shook her head when he mentioned town hall.

"The front is well kept, so is Toby's office, mainly cause that's how he wants it. But there are a ton of dusty rooms and stuff I never really get a chance to clean because I'm too busy taking care of the front." Toby had his thoughts clear, at least some of the time, and most of the ones involving her were her cleaning the front areas of the town hall to look spick and span for guests. It was often a topic for herself Penny and Eugene.

When her brother reeled back and swiped a spider off his face she tried not to laugh. "It was probably just looking for some new real estate." she assured him as she passed him a paper towel to clean the web off the duster. She sprayed down one of the tables and wiped it, showing Brandon the black grime that had come off onto the towel. "You know, you'd think if Adam and the others knew about this place, they could have done some checking up on it or something, this is a lot of build up." she mentioned as she tossed the towel away.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 31 2018, 09:36 AM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon wasn't afraid of bugs, but he definitely wasn't a fan of them landing on his face. "Ugh, no thank you," he said, looking for the spider to kill it, but it had run off and hid somewhere. "Maybe we should get a cat instead of a dog. Those things will eat all sorts of bugs." Brandon was definitely going to have to be sure to get rid of as many of the spiders as he could. No way was he going to sleep here for a spider to crawl in his mouth and find a hiding spot to lay her eggs.

He took the paper towel she handed to him, wiping off the spider web before continuing the dusting of the higher ledges. Hayden wasn't going to be able to reach them, so he might as well finish what he started with the spider web. He just hoped no other "visitors" tried to come say hello.

He looked over when she started talking, wincing. He gave a slight shrug. "Outta sight, outta mind, I guess. Or they thought cleaning the place would be the perfect bonding experience for us." His parents' friends probably thought the home would be a good way for Hayden and Brandon to get back to being siblings again rather than strangers. "Next time let's suggest they get us concert tickets instead. Less manual labor."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 06:06 AM

user posted image
#8e3443

"A cat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, though unless one of us plan on living here, they'd have to come stay with one of us." She glanced over at Rusty, who seemed interested in the dusty old tablecloth. "Can't be me, Rusty would mistake a cat for a chew toy or a pillow, and it's probably not safe for it until I figure out which." Hayden mentioned as she continued wiping up the grime from the spot she was working on.

She glanced over at him when he suggested that maybe their parent's friends just forgot about the place, at least until he and herself had met again and they suddenly remembered their friends had entrusted them with the place to give to their children. "Well, it is a pretty prime spot. Sometimes I forget thing exist outside of Ioana and Westhaven, but we really didn't go on many vacations as kids, so I don't know if that's too surprising." she offered. Sure the place was old and dusty, but as she moved to clean something else she decided that when it was cleaned up, it could be a great memory of their parents.

"I would have liked concert tickets more, but it would probably be tickets to their concert." she mentioned with a chuckle. "But it probably would have been their concert, and how many times have we had to watch them play in our lifetime? Though, I've heard they play different music now." But it was probably because their father didn't write for them anymore. If he still could have, she was sure their music would have been the same.

"So, anyway," she mentioned, continuing to clean up by sweeping over the floor with a broom. "How's your time in University been going? I think Mike told me you started off in General classes. Did you have a major in mind?" she asked. She had missed so much in Brandon's life, so learning a thing or two, that was probably beneficial.

user posted image
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 07:24 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon had to turn away from Hayden to continue his dusting of the ledges, so she couldn’t see the small head shake he made when she mentioned one of them living here. He wouldn’t be spending a night here until he was sure the place was cleared of tiny critters. “Well seeing as how she won’t eat a spider, I can’t see her eating a cat.”

He finished up with the ledge and moved away from the wall, cleaning the duster off with a paper towel. “Yeah I guess it is. Not exactly a family destination so I get why they didn’t bring us here with them.” He tossed the duster into the bucket and grabbed a rag for the windows. “Yeah summers were a bit busy with gigs and touring. Didn’t leave much time for family trips to exotic destinations.” He shrugged and raised the blinds on the window so he could clean the grime off of them.

“I guess we should be happy we didn’t get tickets then,” he said. “Like you said, we’ve heard their music a thousand times now.” The last time he heard his parent’s music he had an emotional breakdown. He avoided listening to their music because of that, and he hadn’t really listened to any of the new stuff their band had put out. It just wasn’t the same without their parents.

He paused in his cleaning when she asked about his life. Being around his sister was still odd and discussing his personal life, things that she already should have known, was foreign to him. “It’s fine,” he said after a short pause. “I uh, haven’t decided on a major really. I’m pretty good at English. I thought about Criminal Justice, but I don’t really want to be a cop. Not like they’re very good at their job or anything.” He shrugged. He hadn’t been a fan of the police since the death of his parents. They hadn’t done a good job of finding his parents’ killer, and he didn’t want to work with the lazy fucks.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 03:48 PM

When Brandon said the dog wouldn’t eat a cat when she wouldn’t eat a spider, Hayden shook her head. “I don’t know, Rusty is a weird dog. She’s afraid of spiders, but one year Adam brought her a stuffed cat with a squeaker. Thing didn’t last a week.” She said, glancing at the dog who had torn the squeaker right from the stuffed kitties insides. “Don’t trust her, Brandon, she’s a real anomaly.” She mentioned, shifting her eyes over to the dog. Rusty was in the corner, wagging her tail and staring at the siblings with wide eyes.

What a beast.

“Dad always did say they were happy to have some time alone.” She said when he mentioned their parents not bringing them up to their little vacation spot. “Between us and the band…and me getting detention for being a smartass in high school so often, they didn’t really get much time to be a couple, I guess.” She said as she wiped down the little table in the corner. “Though when you were five dad used to send you in before him with a bouquet for mom, she loved it. I think it was partly because dad was allergic to the flowers you were holding, but it was cute either way.”

“I think I can deal with not going to their concerts again. I’ll cheer them on from afar.” She answered in agreement to Brandon’s sentence. Besides, concerts weren’t her scene these days. At this point though, that band would be touring well into their 90s. She knew asking him about his life was probably a little strange. After all, they had been apart for so many years, and so many things had happened. They had a lot to catch up on, and a lot of mending to try to do.

She could tell from how he spoke he was a little sour with the police department, and she knew why. While she didn’t share the exact same resentment, being around most cops still made her very, very nervous. Ender was about the only one she could actually stand. To her, he was protection, someone who had helped her through one of the hardest days in a string of hard days in her life. “That sounds like a good idea. I think I would have done Music if I had gone to college, but I’m pretty…well, okay where I am, I guess.” She threw the rag she had been wiping with into the bucket. “I think you’ll be the first in our family to have been through college though. Mom and Dad had always wanted me to go, but I think you’re probably doing a better job with it than I would have.” She stated as Rusty wandered over to Brandon, looking for his attention despite him being busy.

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 04:47 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

“Well lucky for mom and dad they didn’t have to deal with me during high school. I didn’t exactly make life easy for Michael and Ava. I was...belief it or not, more of a dick back then than am I now.” He cleaned off the one window, moving to the next. With the layer of grime gone, light could find it’s way back into the small cottage.

He paused in his cleaning to think back to when he was five. “I sorta remember that,” he said, starting back up his cleaning. “Though I use to tell mom that they were from me, not dad. Though I’m sure she knew who actually picked them out,” he said with a small laugh.

He shook his head as Hayden spoke. “Gonna clean Town Hall for the rest of your life?” Brandon asked, tossing another dirty rag into the bucket. “You could’ve went to college too,” he told her. “You still could if you wanted to. Get a better job, move back to the city,” he suggested.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 06:22 AM

She listened as he described himself in high school. He had been for the most part in High School by the time their parents had died, but she could only imagine he hadn't gotten better after what he was put through. "Yeah, they had to deal with me instead. Dad said he could build a statue with all my detention slips. I was a smart ass for most of high school." she explained as she continued to clean. "Micheal and Ava are good people though, I'm sure they don't resent you for it. Almost everyone is a dick when they're a teen." she didn't add it, but especially because of his situation, it was hard to blame him.

The memory of Brandon bringing their mom flowers was a happy one. "Yeah, but she'd always pretend you had picked them, she always said you were much more of a gentleman than dad was, bringing her flowers randomly like that, she loved it." she answered as she glanced over at Rusty, who was still wagging her tail in the dusty old corner as she watched the two work. "Rusty, I brought you here to work. If only I had brought a bunch of felt I could wrap it around her. If she's going to be rolling around the floor, the least she can do is be useful about it." Especially because later she was going to have to give her a bath.

He mentioned her going back to college, and she sighed. "Don't have the money for that." she said after a moment. "Besides, the closest I can get to home is Westhaven and I...can't come back there all that often." she shook her head. "I'm sure mom and dad are happy enough one of us has gone to college, and besides, one day I'll finally get that music career going, and I can leave cleaning town hall behind me."

Belle
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 03:25 PM

user posted image
Brandon Greene
user posted image

Brandon shrugged. He didn’t know how Michael and Ava dealt with him on a daily basis. He wasn’t a happy teenager, he was abrasive and angry all the time. No matter how many therapy sessions they made him sit in, he wasn’t open to what the therapist had to say.

Though they did at least send him to university, though they hadn’t wanted him to go back to Westhaven, he was determined to be there. He was still a bit lost on what he would be doing after uni. He needed to decide before the next semester though since he would need to move out of his general studies and into course studies. Maybe Cassie could help him figure it out.

He shook his head. “Well, I ain’t gonna tell you what to do. College or no college,” he shrugged again. “You could always go open for the band,” he teased. “Doubt they would say no, don’t think they could. Mom and Dad might haunt them or something.” He sighed, bending down to pet Rusty who was covered in her own dust. “Gonna have to change her name to Dusty now,” he told Hayden before looking up to her. “You still dating that guy?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 05:06 PM

When he said he wasn't gonna tell her what to do, she clicked her tongue in mock disappointment. "Damn, and here I was, hoping you would become my new life coach." Honestly, she was pretty sure neither of them knew what they were doing when it came to life. At least she didn't. Without her parents guidance and minimal contact with her parents friends for a couple of years, her 20's had been quite hard on her.

When he suggested opening for the band, she thought about it. "I mean, maybe. But by the time I'm ready for that I think Adam and the others will be breaking their hips or Femurs every other second." she laughed, shaking her head. "Nah, for now I'll keep my dirty old Town Hall job, and eventually I'll move up." After all she was with Eugene, and maybe he was just a mailman now, but he had the intelligence to at least get something done with his life, and maybe she'd be able to follow suit and get her own life together.

"I think I'm going to have to give her a bath or I won't be able to live in my own house the second she shakes all that off." she said, shuddering slightly at the thought of all the dust. Though her thoughts were cut short when he suddenly asked if she was still dating 'That guy'. She paused, looking up in thought. "That guy is a pretty broad statement, Brandon. Are we talking about that guy that I dated in high school, that other guy I dated in High School, that guy I dated in High School that took me to Prom and broke his leg trying to do a kick flip out in the back alley...?" finally, she paused in her listing. "Or are you talking about that guy you were just short of punching? Because that was Eugene, and yes, I am still dating him." she answered, finally done with her sarcastic spiel. "Why? You dating someone too? Or have someone in mind, maybe?" she asked as she moved to open the window, grabbing one of the snap dragon flowers.

Belle
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.