Day by Day, A documentation of Dani's stay
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 01:14 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

Spring 25th

Today was the first day that Dani was able to leave her bed by herself, and eat real food. It was pretty exciting, but she didn't feel that way. After all, she was more focused on when she could leave and go home. If the doctor was being truthful, which Dani didn't know for sure, she would be heading to the rehabilitation center tomorrow.

Dani was eating some pudding on her bed when the doctor came to check in on her.

"Hey Doc, are we still good for tomorrow?"

"Well we gotta run some more tests, but hopefully."

"Whst do you mean hopefully? You said yomorrow."

"Like I said, we just a few more tests. You should be good though."

"Uh huh." Dani said as he left the room. She was hoping that these tests worked out in her favor. The girl had zero intentions of staying here any longer than she had to. She wasn't looking forward to rehab, but at least it would be better than here.

Right?
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 03:17 PM

Spring 26th Morning

"You said I was being transferred today."

"I said you might get transferred today. The tests said you aren't ready yet. You still need to rest."

"I don't care about the damn tests. You said I was being transferred today. Why am I not being transferred?" Dani responded to the doctor. Today was the day she was supposed to be moved to a different sector of the hospital, and then she would only have seven days before she was free. All the girl wanted was to get back to her crappy life and her somewhat decent couch. Is that too much to ask for?

"I'm sorry, Miss Miller. We need to hold you here for a few more days. As long as you recover at a steady pace, we can move you at the end of the season."

"Oh really?"

"I understand you're frustrated, but we are doing the best we can. In the meantime, we still want to start you with some form of counseling. We usually would have you talk to someone in person, but since you are technically on bed rest, we are going to have you use our call in counseling service."

"You have a call service for counseling?" Dani asked, hesitant. That sounded like a horrible idea.

"Yes we do. I think you'll like it since it's almost anonymous."

"And I have to do it?"

"Do you want to go home soon?" the doctor asked her. Dani sighed.

"Alright, doc. What ever you say," Dani said. Going back to eating her pudding.

This was bullshit.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 03:25 PM

Spring 29th Afternoon

Finally today was the day. Dani couldn't believe she was excited about being transferred to a rehabilitation center, but it meant that she no longer had to sit around in this hospital room and think about how much hospitals terrified her. Sure, she could walk around, but everywhere else was just as bad.

They were supposed to move her tomorrow, but Dr.Reinhart said that she could head over this afternoon to settle in. Now all she had to do was wait for the man himself.

"Ready, Miss Miller?" the doctor asked as he came in. Dani quickly stood up and grabbed her bag.

"Don't ask me that, doc. You already know," she responded, walking to the door.

"I'm surprised, you actually look excited for once," he commented as he walked out of the room and began directing her towards what would be her new home for the next seven days.

"Well how bad could it be compared to this part?" Dani commented. In all honesty, she wasn't excited about the ward, just the day she got to go home.

"Your tests came through fine. But Miss Miller?" the doctor stopped walking. Dani quickly did as well, turning back to him. "Please try. I know you think this is a joke, but at least try to get better. If not for you, for your friend. He seems to care about you a lot," the man said before before beginning to walk again
Dani hesitated, thinking about his words before slowly following along. She honestly hadn't thought too much about ender since the first day she was here.

Guess she really did put him through hell, didn't she?
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 11 2018, 03:37 PM

Summer 2nd

Honestly, rehab wasn't that bad. Yeah, she missed being able to go where ever she wanted without being questioned about it, but everyone was doing it for her own good. At least that was what she was being told.

The girl had only had one 'counseling' session since she started, which she was surprised by. Dani had expected that they would be picking her brain, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. Instead they just... talked. The therapist just asked her how she was doing and about her life, nothing too deep.

Dani wandered into her counselors office a few minutes after lunch. She was still a bit nervous about it, but yesterday wen't fine, right? What was the worst that could happen?

"Hi, Dani, how was lunch?" Dr.Zeigler asked her as she sat down. Dani shrugged.

"Alright. I mean, it was just lunch so..."

"I guess you're right. Are you adjusting well here?"

"Yeah. It's honestly not that bad. Also, it's only temporary."

"That's true, that's true. Now I know that yesterday we got to talk a little bit about yourself and your family history, but..." the doctor said, flipping through her notes. "I wanted to take a moment and talk about your father, if that's alright?"

"What about him?" Dani asked, crossing her arms.

"Well there seems to be a lot of tension just mentioning him..." Dr.Zeigler continued. Dani was skeptical about talking about her father, as he was no longer in her life. Well, except that one time a few Summer's ago...

Dani and Dr.Zeigler continued to talk about her father for quite a while, which was a train wreck within itself. It was much different from the session they had yesterday, and Dani had a hard time speaking half the time. She definitely revealed a lot more than she wanted, but guess therapists had a way of doing that.

"Well it unfortunately looks like our time is up," Dr.Zeigler said as she looked over at the clock. It was actually a good ten minutes past when their session was supposed to be over, but she didn't want to interrupt. "I think we made a lot of progress today, and I think you were able to get some things off your chest, yes?" she asked the girl, to which Dani nodded.

"I know it's hard talking to random strangers about your feelings, Dani, but it's easier to help you when we know what you're feeling," she added. "I'll see you the same time tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," Dani said, wiping a tear from her eye as she left Dr.Zeigler's office. That was... a lot. Guess it was what therapy was actually supposed to feel like. Dani ended up heading back to her room soon after leaving her session, deciding to take a nap for a while before dinner.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:12 AM

Summer 4th

After therapy, Dani headed back towards the common room. Things seemed to be going alright for now. She hadn't been so sure about the past couple of sessions, but luckily today wasn't as deep as the other ones had been. Perhaps it was also because it was earlier in the day as well. Usually Dani had her sessions right after lunch, but the doctor insisted on meeting after breakfast instead.

There wasn't really much else to do before lunch, as most activities that were being run were about to wrap up. Instead the girl decided to wander around. She never had taken the time before to examine the room. Usually she strolled by or just plopped down on the couch to sit for a few minutes before her sessions.

Which is why she never noticed the piano back in the corner.

The girl slowly approached it and gently wiped off some dust that had collected on it. Guess not too many patients used it, or even staff for that matter. She wondered if it still worked...

Opening the cover and pressing one of the keys, Dani grinned. It didn't take her long before she sat down on the bench in front of it and stretched out her arms. Not even a moment later did she begin to play.

"I didn't know you played paino, Dani." a voice said after she finished playing, causing the girl to jump. She looked over to see Dr.Zeigler standing behind her.

"Yeah, it's been a while though." she explained. When was the last time she had played the piano? Probably since she first moved to the valley now that she thought about it. She had meant to get a piano in her home, but she never did.

"Well how did it feel?"

"It felt..." Dani began, but paused. It felt something, that was for sure. She felt extremely different from how she had felt for the past couple of seasons. It felt...

"It felt good. It made me feel happy."
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.