L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Who's Afraid of the Dark?, Scout+Oliver
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 04:56 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nights were always lonely when Oliver had to work late. Sure, it meant she had more time to study, but it was always when he was away from her that she missed him the most. It was easier when they both came home around the same time, where Scout could cuddle with him on the couch if he didn't have any important papers to deal with, drifting in and out of consciousness to the soft lull of the television if Oliver hadn't been trying to engage her in any sort of activity. And it was nice, ideal.

But today he had called and told her he was going to be late again. Scout wasn't really sure what he was doing so late, and had she not told him about the letters she had been sent, it was hard to tell if right now she would be concerned he was cheating on her. But he had promised her, and she believed him, especially with the way he had come with her to class, as annoying as it was, just to protect her, to try and see who was at the root of those notes.

She didn't know what kind of work he was doing, but she was left with his home office to herself. There were several books opened and scattered around her as she read through each one, Zeus and Leto cuddled together at her feet as she read through several paragraphs. She turned the page again, biting her lip as she re-read to try to remember pertinent information that she felt she would need later, and she smiled when Olette hopped up onto the desk in order to grab her attention.

"Hey girl, were you getting lonely?" She asked, rubbing the cat's head affectionately. there was a low Rumble of a purr from Olette, and it was just after this that the lights began flickering on and off, and Scout froze as they finally went out totally. Scout didn't like the dark, and the fact that it was already night time made it worse. She walked out of the Office quickly, both dogs awake and now trailing after her. She lit a candle and place it on the coffee table, sitting down on the couch and picking up Leto, Zeus following on his own moments later. "Alright, it'll be okay. Oliver's going to be home soon, we're fine." She assured the animals, though it was more likely she was assuring herself.

About a half an hour went by, and Scout tensed up when she heard someone in the hallway. She got up quietly, settling Leto on the couch and grabbing one of their long umbrellas. She was still a little scared due to the letters, of who might try and come through their door. So when it opened, she didn't waste anytime striking blindly with the umbrella. Unfortunately it was a moment after that that she realized she had struck her boyfriend in the shoulder with the thing. She paused, stammering for a moment. "U-Uh, Hi Babe. I uh..." She flung the umbrella to the side. "How was work? Power's out, you know."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 20th, Night
Outfit: Here
Weather: Rainy
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 01:28 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Spring 20, Year 3 • Night • Storm
"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play"
user posted image

It had been a late day at work for Oliver once again. On top of everything else he had to deal with, it was yearly review season and he was having to sit in on a lot of review sessions for employees he didn’t even recognize. He had to act like he was interested in the reviews, but really, he was just there to make sure none of the raises were too much for his liking.

When he finally got home, he was annoyed to see the power had gone out, and he stopped in the manager’s office to make sure they were working on correcting it pronto. Once he was sure that he wouldn’t be left in the dark all weekend long, he started the long climb all the way up to the 26th floor.

By the time he got to the top, he was thinking it might be a good idea to hit the gym a bit more often. He fumbled with his keys finally unlocking the door only to be whacked by something in the shoulder. “Holy hell,” he called out, lifting up his briefcase to shield from any further assaults as both the dogs starting running around his feet. Once he was sure no more attacks were coming, he lowered his suitcase. “What was that for?” he asked, shooing the dogs so he could shut the door and put down his suitcase. “I didn’t forget an anniversary or birthday did I?”

user posted image
"'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 05:20 PM

Scout inhaled sharply at his question. She had been scared, but it was kind of silly for her to imagine that anyone aside from them had access to the Penthouse. She scratched a cheek sheepishly as she shifted her gaze away from him in the darkness. "I'm so sorry Oliver!" She sputtered, of course the damage done to him hadn't been that bad, and thankfully she had realized it was him before she attempted to do anything else.

"It's just that it was dark and uhm...you had a key." It was almost as if she was realizing it as she said it, and she sighed. "Sorry, I wasn't expecting the power to go out." She moved over to the couch, sitting down and running a hand through her hair. "No, our anniversary is in the Fall." Scout mentioned. That was a way's away, but she hoped he'd at least write it down somewhere. It was important that on that day they'd at least be able to settle down for a night together at home.

"You know I don't like the dark." She mentioned. Usually she was alright with it when Oliver was at her side, but when she was alone she got jumpy and antsy, generally wishing that she had gotten over such fears as a child. But no, every noise still made her jump if there was no one else around. "Would you mind coming over here? I promise, no whacking you with an umbrella." She said with a sheepish smile. "I missed you. You've been working so late." She admitted as Leto squeezed her way underneath her feet.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 07:32 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

He rubbed at the spot that Scout had smacked him as she explained her freakout. “Well next time the power goes out, I’ll be sure to send Trevor up ahead of me so he’s the one who gets whacked with an umbrella,” he teased. He loosened his tie around his neck. “And usually the person with the key lives in the apartment, Scout. I don’t know of many burglars who have keys, do you?”

He crossed the dark room. Scout had at least had the sense to light a few candles to make it easier to navigate the room. He sat down on the couch before leaning over and grabbing Scout’s legs to swing them up into his lap. “I’m sorry, there’s been a lot going on in the office,” he said, gently running his hand up and down her leg. “But at least it gives you some free time to study without my pestering,” he said with a knowing smile.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 12:59 PM

She still felt bad that she had hit him with the umbrella. Even if she was scared, she should have tried to have enough sense to realize that she and her boyfriend were probably the only two aside for Trevor entering the apartment, though if it were Trevor he knocked. So Oliver was left to be the only candidate, since Scout herself was already inside. She blushed slightly looking away from him. "Y-You never know Oliver. Key molds exist." she huffed as she moved back over to the couch, sitting down and crossing her arms.

But annoyance soon gave away to her longing. She missed Oliver over the long day, and it was obvious he knew because he made her way over to her without further question, and she let him adjust her so she was half resting in his lap. "I know, it's just, it's a big Penthouse and things get lonely." She looked down to Zeus and Leto, Leto currently trying to wrestle Zeus' leg. "It was great to watch those two tear around the apartment for a little while, but it gets boring without someone to talk to." She said with a slight pout. She and Wes had both been busy studying lately, or maybe she would have asked him.

"I guess that's the good part, though you can only read about the anatomy of an octopus for so long before you start to question your sanity." She leaned over and kissed him gently, enjoying the fact that he was home with her now even though the power was out. She pulled away after another moment, eyes still closed for seconds afterwards. "Did you eat anything babe?" She asked, clearly curious. "Or do I need to make you something? I can do that quick." She was glad their stove was gas.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 10:29 AM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

“Lonely? I didn’t know it was possible for you to be lonely surrounded by so many animals and books,” he teased. Oliver had a difficult time most nights getting Scout to tear away from her textbooks to pay attention to him when he was feeling needy or just bored.

He kissed her back, as she pulled away he reached for her hand, holding it in his as his other hand continued to run up and down her leg. “No, I’m fine,” he told her softly. “I’m not very hungry right now. Let’s just sit here for a while,” he said, realizing that he had missed her today as well.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 07:08 AM

"Well, yeah," Scout said when he asked how it was possible for her to feel lonely when she had so many animals around. And it was true, they had so many animals around, a large German Shepherd, a puppy that was currently flopped onto her side at Oliver's feet, and a cat that was laying in the bedroom on top of the bed that she currently had all to herself. "But they can't talk back, and give me answers, so it still makes the place feel a little bit empty." She concluded. "Not that they aren't great, Leto slid across the floor earlier when she jumped off the bed, I think she was the most confused dog I've ever seen." She said with a laugh.

She squeezed his hand when he took her hand, and she smiled softly. "Okay, we can just sit here then." She shifted so she was resting in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder, burying her face into the crook of his neck as she hugged him. She found his warmth comforting while the apartment is dim, and now it didn't look half as intimidating as it had when she was here by herself. "How long do you think you're going have to work like this?" She asked after a moment, pulling back to look at him and soothing a hand through his blonde hair.

She looked around again, the dark corners illuminated only slightly by the light of the candles, and she sighed, shaking her head. "You know, I don't even really know why I'm so scared of the dark." She mused, resting her cheek against Oliver's. "My dad used to buy me all kind of weird aquatic nightlights when I was little, he knew they were my favorite." She thought about it further. "Unfortunately, they covered the bulb so the light wasn't really bright, it just turned the room dark and blue." she laughed. "I think it was all over when Jason told me that the blue light meant the aliens were coming for me. Dad was so mad." She recalled. "Of course I don't believe that anymore, but I still don't like the dark."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 05:02 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver chuckled when she said the animals couldn’t talk back. “I thought you enjoyed when people couldn’t talk back, or is that just me?” he said teasingly before letting her shift into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

He rubbed the places of her body where his hands rested as she asked about his work schedule. He frowned slightly. “A few more weeks at least,” he told her before kissing her lightly and pulling away. “I know you don’t like it, but it’s important work. Once it’s over I’ll be all yours once again.” He grinned devilishly.

He listened to her story about her dad, and her childhood. He laughed when she mentioned the aliens. “So you’re saying I just need to get you a nightlight and I don’t have to fear getting smacked over the head with an umbrella again?” he teased.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 08:57 PM

"That's just you." She assured him with a laugh as he accommodated her willingly in his hold. She smiled, pressing her forehead against his. "Of course, when you're not talking it usually means you're up to no good so in a lot of cases I would rather you talk." She assured him. Oliver was the mischievous type, and that was something never to be denied by anyone who knew him beyond the fancy suit and the CEO. But it was something Scout had hated about him in the start that she now loved. There was a lot of things she would have changed about him then that she wouldn't trade for the world now.

She frowned a bit when he said that his working late would be the case for a few more weeks, and he must have seen the slight frown or disappointed look in her eye in dim candlelight, because he leaned over to kiss her softly, one which while she returned couldn't really mask her disappointment in him not being here to spend time with her. Maybe it was just because she wasn't used to it, and it felt different, studying in the house alone where her boyfriend was usually there to pester her, something which was now more endearing than annoying.

Ok, so it was still sort of annoying, but not out of place.

"You're right, I don't like it." She responded. "But since you need to do it I'll have to live." she sighed, nothing that tell tale grin on his face. "But I'm sure you'll be ready to make it up to me." She assured them both with only a slight purr to her tone.

When he laughed at her story, she rolled her eyes, giving him a gentle tap against the forehead. "...It'd have to be a really good nightlight." She answered, crossing her arms. "Come on you can't laugh at me, right? Weren't you scared of the dark when you were little?"

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 01:29 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

He grinned when she said he would make it up to her. Oliver certainly had his way to make Scout happy, and she more often than not willingly gave in to his advances with ease. She had been so shy and timid when they first met, but spending time with him had coaxed her out of her shell. “I promise I’ll make it up to you when it’s all over,” he promised, kissing lightly on her neck as she talked about her fears of the dark.

He thought about what kind of nightlight he could get a grown woman. “Hmm, maybe an orca shaped one,” he teased. “Or maybe just get you a whole little light up aquarium. Olette might eat the fish though,” he said with a chuckle.

Oliver thought for a moment, trying to think back to his childhood days. “Mm, I don’t think so,” he told her. “But if you’re trying to get embarrassing childhood stories out of me, you’d have better luck going through my mother.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 07:55 PM

When Oliver moved to start placing kisses against her neck, she gripped the fabric of his suit gently, angling her head up so he’d have easier access to her that way, gently moving a hand up to tangle into his hair. ”I know.” She murmured, trying to keep her focus on the conversation.

She sighed, looking at him with a laugh. ”How do go from an Orca shaped light to a full in mini-aquarium?” She asked, loosening his tie as she leaned over to kiss him softly. ”Just, take a second to tell me how that transition works in your head.” She chuckled, tossing his tie onto the arm of the couch. ”I couldn’t even go as far as the Orca light.”

When he couldn’t remember being scared if the dark, and further more mentioned his mother, she rolled her eyes. ”Please, you know neither of us want to invite her over for dinner for a little while longer. “she groaned, hiding her face in the crook of his neck. ”Can we say you were afraid of clowns and make both of our lives easier?”

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 01:52 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver chuckled lightly when she asked how his mind worked. It was hard to explain just how he got his ideas or how he went from one thing to another. He often confused others in meetings with how he was able to jump from topic to topic so seamlessly. It’s how we was able to tease and explore Scout’s body as he held a full conversation with her.

“Well you like whales, we saw whales at the aquarium and bam, a little in home aquarium,” Oliver told her as his hands snaked their way up her back inside of her shirt, and easily unhooked the bra.

He grinned when she said neither of them wanted his mother over any time soon. “Clowns it is then,” he told her. His real fears would stay hidden away for now. He could pretend to have a fear of clowns for her sake. “So clowns and the dark. I guess that means we can never go to a haunted house.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:24 PM

Honestly, it always amazed her how easy this was. the two of them causing each other wonderful sensations while still being able to carry out a normal conversations. She never thought this was a life she would be living, a penthouse and a boyfriend who held the city in the palm on his hand. Honestly, she wasn't sure how things would have been if what happened at the firefly festival wouldn't have happened, and she wondered sometimes if he would have just got bored of chasing her. But she didn't need to think about that now, because it was a distant memory. All that mattered was that she and Oliver had each other. Forgiving him had been easy to do when he showed her who he really was to those he cared for.

"I hope you're not planning on buying a whale." She mumbled as as moved to kiss his neck, trailing slow and lingering kisses as she felt him unhook her bra. "because there's a multitude of reasons that I wouldn't be able to let you do that." She said, giving him a chaste kiss. But she hoped she'd be able to save the whale lectures for another time, after all a whale was probably twice the size of their living space. "Maybe we can get some Poecilia reticulata." Guppys were small and easy to care for, not to mention pretty. "But we'd need to get a lot, they have a habit of shoaling." Though she realized she was rambling, and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Guppies, babe. They like groups."

He said clowns was fine and she wasn't about to go digging for his real fear. The darkness around them had become a lot less scary now that he was home and occupying her with something different. She laughed when he said haunted houses were probably out of the question. "I think I might die of shock if you took me to one of those." She said, trailing her hands to undo his belt. "We can go to a well lit house of mirrors, maybe."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 12:37 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Hmm, now buying a whale could be interesting to Oliver. Of course there would be the problem of where the hell to put it. Also, he had no idea how to take care of a whale. Maybe Scout did.

“Hmm, well, if I cleared out the next floor down, we could turn it into a giant tank,” he teased before she started talking about some scientific stuff that went a bit over Oliver’s head. He raised an eyebrow at her before she kissed him and explained what she was talking about in simpler terms. “Okay then, we can get an aquarium of guppies, unless your cat decides to try and eat them.”

When she mentioned a house of mirrors, Oliver couldn’t help but laugh. “House of mirrors huh? So you’re saying you want to be surrounded by hundreds of me?” he asked teasingly before pushing up the front of her sweater, teasingly running his hands across her stomach. “Well, I guess I can’t blame you. I am pretty handsome,” he said with a grin.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 08:59 AM

She moved her hands down to the buttons of his shirt as she listened to him speak, idly playing with each one for a moment before undoing them and exposing his chest, Scout letting a hand brush against the exposed skin. "As nice as that would be, that's still not enough space for a whale." she answered when he mentioned clearing out the floors below them. Of course she knew he was joking...probably, but thinking about it, not even tanks at the Aquarium were honestly big enough for the Orcas they kept. "Plus, I don't think everyone one else will be happy with hundreds of gallons of water soaking through to their floors." She mentioned with a chuckle.

He understood her after she explained it in the unscientific terms she tended to accidentally shoot into, and she smiled. "Didn't I tell you already? Olette isn't a hunter. Mice, Fish, she'd rather get served." at the sound of her name, Olette's collar jingled, and she could see her under the coffee table. "The first will be fine. But we've already got a bit of a zoo here, so we can hold off on that." She returned her attention to his neck, gently nipping at his skin as she felt the vibration of his voice.

"I think a hundred of you would kill my chances at Valedictorian." She admitted with a chuckle. One Oliver alone was enough to distract her from her studies, she couldn't imagine what more than that was like. "Well, as Handsome as you are, one of you is a handful of trouble." She answered, kissing him softly and grinning. "But why don't you, a singular handsome man, take me to the bedroom so we can amuse ourselves until they turn the power back on?" She said, pressing another kiss to his lips.

#5e91d1
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.