Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 09:07 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kallie could actually hardly believe what just happened. One second everything was fine, she had given Elliot a good break by taking on his work to teach his son something as simple as time,
and she wondered if that was something that Oliver would ever forget. The feeling of everything changing in seconds, terrifying and angry flames that threatened to consume them if they didn't make a run for it. Why hadn't she smelled the smoke, why hadn't she felt anything was wrong?
She had been working so close to where it happened.Would it have saved the half of the library now smoking out in cinders?

These were the questions she dwelled on as she walked home next to Logan. When they stopped by Logan's workplace, Finnley had said she was glad that Kallie had come out of it alright, and that the woman insisted she had Logan's shift covered for the remainder of the day and that he should go home to make sure that Kallie would be okay. She wasn't really registering the conversation, but she did at least try and smile at Finnley when she looked at her, ignoring the glint of concern in the other woman's eyes.

They had already made it up to the entrance to the ranch when Kallie slowed in her steps. "Logan?" She asked, her voice still a little soft as she looked down at her hands. "Why didn't I smell anything? Or hear? M-Maybe if I was just a little earlier I could have-" She felt the tears slip down her face as she recalled Elliot standing there in an almost catatonic state. It seemed for Kallie too, the shock was starting to wear off. "I almost took Jasper with me, and he could've..."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 16th, Year 3 (Noon)
Outfit: Here
Weather: Sunny
#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 10:43 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
Spring 16, Year Three • Sunny with a Chance of Smoke
"I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets"
user posted image

Logan had calmed down from his previous terror. Now that he knew Kallie and Jasper were both safe, he felt like he could breathe again. It was a shame what happened to the library, but once Logan knew everyone was okay, and the fire would be put out no problem, he decided he needed to Kallie out of there. It had been a long day.

Kallie was quiet on the walk. He stopped in quickly at the cafe to let Finn know everything was okay, and she graciously let him off early to go take care of Kallie. She still seemed to be in shock, hardly registering anything going on around her. It wasn’t until they arrived back home that Kallie spoke up.

“Oh Kallie,” he said, coming back down to her. He held her at her shoulders. “There’s nothing you could have done baby. You would’ve only gotten yourself hurt. You did what you needed to do and got everyone out.” He took his thumb and brushed some of the tears from her cheeks. “Even if Jasper was there, you would’ve protected him. You would’ve gotten him out, I know that.” He wrapped his arms around her, gently rubbing her back. “The worst is over. Everyone’s okay and that’s what’s important.”

user posted image
"To carry love, to carry children of our own"
Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 06:48 AM

Logan was always quick to comfort Kallie in situations like this. She knew he had been afraid when he had scooped her up at the scene of the fire, and he was frantic that maybe she had taken their son with her and that one of them may not have gotten out alright. But now she was the one in tears and she watched him carefully as he spoke.

More tears threatened her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away, a few absorbed in the gauze against her hand."I just...I feel like there is something I could have done, even if there wasn't, and now Elliot's library is...he just...that library means so much to him, I don't know what he's going to do now." In a way without Elliot even realizing it. Kallie considered her meeting him to be the catalyst that had urged her to reach out to Logan before it was too late, to explain.

And maybe that was why she felt so awful. Her life had been repaired, and suddenly his had come crashing down with the support beams. "Of course I would have protected him! It...it would have been my life if it meant he!...well, i-it didn't happen but...I would have never let something happen to him." She promised, quieting when he pulled her into an embrace and she was able to rest herself against him, wrapping her arms around him as well.

"Kallie!" Kallie looked up to see her father standing at the archway, looking a mix of panic and relieved. "Oh thank goodness! Are you okay?" Noah hurried over to them. "We heard the Library was on fire and I knew that was where you'd gone, it's a relief to see you're okay." He said, looking down at her hand and frowning when he noticed the cover. Kallie smiled softly, as reassuringly as she could. "Don't worry daddy, I'm fine. Logan came to get me." She said, Noah glancing at Logan. "I'm glad she still has you around Logan, as reliable as ever. Barrett was about to head out there if we hadn't heard from either of you."

"Daddy, where's Jasper?" She asked. When her father answered that he had just woken up from a nap and was inside with her mother, she glanced over at Logan. "C-Come on honey, I...want to see our son now."

#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:39 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

“Babe you couldn’t have predicted that fire,” he told her. He hated when she blamed herself for things she had no control of. There was nothing she could have done to stop the fire without hurting herself in the process. He was just glad she and Jasper were safe.

“Everything is fine now Kallie. Everyone is safe and healthy and that’s what matter,” he gently rubbed her back. “It’s all okay.”

Her father came out and Logan let go of Kallie so they could talk to him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they talked, knowing Kallie will still feeling uneasy after everything that happened today. “I ran out there as soon as I saw it on the news. Luckily everyone got out okay,” Logan told Noah. “I’m just happy Jasper was here with you guys when all of this happened.”

He removed his hand from around Kallie’s shoulder and took her unbandaged hand, heading inside with her. They found Kallie’s mom sitting in the living room with Jasper. “Hi Leandra, how’s he doing?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:23 PM

Maybe she couldn't have prevented the fires, but maybe there was some way she could have seen it coming earlier, before it claimed a side of the library. But she decided not to argue with Logan about that, instead enjoying the comforting warmth of his embrace as he held her. "I wish I felt that way too, babe." She sniffled, gripping the fabric of his jacket with her fingernails. At least she wasn't scared anymore, with Logan holding her this way it was hard not to feel safer and luckier than anyone on Itris' green earth.

Noah smiled sympathetically when Logan mentioned being happy that Jasper had been with them. "Believe me, so are we. He was asleep during all this, so I don't think you need to worry too much about that little guy, a real trooper." He said with a nod, smiling softly at his daughter to try and put her in a better mood. "He got a whole three hours and is plenty ready to see his parents." He promised before turning back for the Farmhouse.

Kallie took Logan's hand with her good one and let him lead her up the the house, when they stepped inside they found her mother, rocking Jasper in her rocking chair thoughtfully, looking up when she spotted them. "Oh! Kallie sweetheart there you are! I was so worried when I heard the fire was on...on that street..."

"Feather Street. Mommy it's not important don't worry, I'm okay." She said, trying to assure her mother, who gave her a soft smile. She stood up and gently handed Jasper to Logan, before pulling Kallie into a hug. It was a bit of a remedy for Kallie, who began sobbing freshly again safe in her mother's arms. "Shh Shh, it's okay. You're here, and your family is here, lil Jasper has been waiting to see you all morning." Kallie recovered after a moment, wiping the tears from her eyes to try and look respectable for their son.

She turned back to Logan now, smiling when Japser reached out for her. She took him in her arms, holding him close to her as she pressed herself against Logan. "Hi sweetie, mommy and daddy are home early for you today." She whispered, kissing his forehead gently. After a moment he bean to fuss, and Kallie looked at Logan. "He's hungry. Baby, let's go to our room so I can feed him." she suggested almost worriedly.

#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:45 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan took Jasper from Leandra, smiling softly at him before planting a kiss on his forehead. He kept his son occupied as Kallie and her mother stood in an embrace with Kallie crying fresh tears again. It had been a long day for her. She would feel better after she had some time to rest.

Once Kallie pulled herself together, he handed Jasper over to her since he had been reaching out for her. He was use to spending the majority of the day with Kallie at the library since Logan was at work at the cafe. He wasn’t sure how comfortable either of them would be bringing him back there after what happened today, but that wasn’t something they needed to worry about now.

He nodded when she said they should go upstairs so she could feed Jasper. “Come on, let’s go,” he told her as they headed to the steps. “Afterwards, I think you should try to get some rest too. It’s been a long day.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 12:33 PM

Kallie hadn't been able to relax since this morning. Everything had just happened so quickly, and Kallie could hardly keep up with it. Instead she walked towards the stairs with Logan, holding her child tightly. She was so glad she hadn't taken Jasper with her. She was glad there was no chance that he would had breathed in too much smoke with his little lungs. "It's okay babe, it's okay." She repeated as they reached the top of their stairs.

They reached the bedroom and Kallie sat down on the bed, cooing gently to her son as he reached out to her. "I just don't get it." She said to Logan when he shut the door. "How did it happen? I thought we had a fire safety check with Chief Maddock not too long ago." She said with concern. "I-I know the Archive is dusty, but I don't think there was any way that could cause a fire if it hadn't already." She frowned then.

"Are you sure Finn is okay with you missing work? It looked really busy." Sure, the woman had seemed fine with it, though Kallie wasn't too convinced of much of anything right now. There were too many thoughts in her head that were preventing her from relaxing.

#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 11:31 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan could tell Kallie was still tense from everything that happened and he was glad that Finn had allowed him to miss work and come home to be with her. He knew her family could sit with her if she needed them to, but Logan wouldn’t be able to focus at work after an incident like that.

They made it into the bedroom and he shut the door before sitting on the bed with Kallie. “I don’t know babe, but you shouldn’t worry yourself about it,” he said, wrapping an arm around her carefully. “Once they have the fire out, I’m sure Chief Maddock and the police will be able to sort through things and find a cause.”

He shook his head, giving her a light kiss on the side of the head. “She’ll be fine Kallie. Finn and Aiden can handle things without me.” It was obvious Kallie needed him more right now.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 11:23 AM

Kallie wasn't sure what she could have done otherwise. Logan assured her there was nothing, and she wish she could stop feeling like he was wrong. Logan usually wasn't wrong, and by all accounts, at least the Library wasn't fully destroyed. But at least it was repairable even if the repairs would be costly. He shut the door and sat down next to her. She was warmed and put more at ease as he wrapped his arm around her, and she held tight to their son while resting her head against Logan's shoulder.

"I know I shouldn't worry so much it's just..." she couldn't find the words, instead burying her face against his shoulder as he spoke about Chief Maddock handling it with the police. She knew that, she knew that but it still bothered her. "It's just not fair..." she said with a sigh. "I mean, I guess there's something I can do for Elliot, maybe I'll offer to watch Oliver or something while he's looking for work." She mentioned with a sigh. "It's about the only thing I can do now." She added, shaking her head softly.

She fiddled with a button on their son's onsie, smiling softly. "I love you Logan." She reminded him, leaning against him again. "I know you were worried, so I'm really sorry for not trying to call the cafe right away...er, not that I had much time, the news crews were there rather quick, so..." She frowned when she remembered the fear in his eyes. "I'm just happy everything's over now." At least for her, it was.

#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 10:27 AM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Logan held Kallie close, knowing the events of today were wearing heavily on her. All Logan could do was be there for her and try to comfort her as best as he could. “I’m sure Elliot will appreciate that Kallie,” he told her lovingly. Elliot would appreciate the extra help while he figured out what to do about the library.

“I love you too,” he told her. “Don’t be sorry. I was just happy you were okay. I’m always going to worry about you, whether there’s a fire involved or not,” he said with a soft smile. “Everything is okay now and we still have each other and Jasper. That’s all that matters. I really think you should try to get some rest today though.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 06:44 AM

Kallie glanced up at him when he mentioned Elliot appreciating the offer she was going to give him. Elliot was a very humble person, so she was sure he would. More than that, maybe it would do little Oliver good to have a change of scenery. Maybe she could even get Barrett to show him how they took care of the horses around them. But it was all things she would worry about when she actually spoke to Elliot about it. In the meantime, she smiled softly. "I'm sure. I'm sure he'll find a way once he...once he's feeling better." She said with a nod. Logan was usually right.

She chuckled softly when he mentioned worrying about her regardless of what was happening, and she sighed. "I'd be the same way," She said finally. "I can't remember the last time I only worried about myself since I've been with you." Jasper made a gurgling sound and Kallie chuckled. "And you of course, Little Blue Jay." She promised him, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "Everything's okay," She repeated Logan's words as she glanced from their son to him.

Finally she nodded, turning and rearranging so she was laying down, Jasper cradled in one arm as she did so. "Do you want to lay with us?" She asked, though in her tone it was easy to tell she wanted him to. "Maybe...I'll take a nap. And when I wake up we can give Jasper a bath, he's been due for one."

#c9a5e5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 02:28 PM

user posted image
Logan Chadwick
user posted image

Everything would be okay. They were all safe which was all that mattered to Logan. And Elliot and Oliver were safe as well. Things could’ve been a lot worse and they had been lucky that only the building had been damaged.

Finally Kallie agreed that she needed rest and she laid down, Jasper cuddled in her arms. Logan laid down on the other side of Jasper, reaching out to one of his little hands with just a finger so he could grab it. “That sounds like a good idea,” he told Kallie, looking from Jasper to her. “Rest well,” he said gently to Kallie. He would keep their son occupied as she got her rest.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.