L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Almost like Another Life she Lived, AU Branch
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 05:12 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

Today Nick felt more than exhausted. Once again, Finnley had stormed out on him in the middle of a date. While it wasn't really like he had wanted to go anyway, she outright refused to stay, and it ingrained the thought more and more, that things like that had more to do with that new Ranch hand. Who was it? If he were honest, he couldn't remember his name, and it wasn't because he was pompous, but he hadn't really been introduced. But as soon as he showed up Finn had become more Ornery than ever.

But if he had to admit it, it wasn't really like he wasn't distracted. The lovely red head just down the street had caused him to stop by her home more than a few times a week. So it would be really hypocritical for him to call her out when he was in a way, doing just the same thing. Sure, nothing had happened with Rom, not as of yet, but he was a little worried he was feeling something for her. In a normal situation that wouldn't have been a problem, but in his case, it was.

That being said, he couldn't help it as he slowed his large Gelding to a stop in front of her home. In all honesty, he wasn't exactly upset that Finn had run out on him, it gave him an excuse to come and see Rom. But feelings or not, a crush, whatever you wanted to call it, was it really right of him to feel that way when he knew Rom had no idea about Finn at all? He wondered if that would present a problem, but decided he'd worry about it later as he knocked on her door, removing his hat when she answered the door. "Evenin' Rom, hope I ain't disturbin' ya'. I was jus' wonderin' if you wanted t'...well I dunno', go somewhere?" He almost forgot. "Uh, with me, I mean." he added shyly, scratching his cheek briefly.

strawberry
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 06:31 PM

crab honeybutt

GROUP: Blue Leaf

Awards: 16

Rep: 5 pts

user posted image

AU • outfit 3 • Nick, Tanuki

The summer heat was in full swing and when Rom wasn't outside doing her chores, she found herself retreating indoors in an attempt to escape it. She considered going swimming, either down to the beach or to the lake, but Nick had been stopping by periodically and she didn't want to miss him.

On this particular evening she was lounging on her couch with an insulated bag of ice laying on her stomach with a box fan pointed in her direction. She was attempting to read a book but she found herself rereading the same sentence over and over again. She wanted to blame the heat on her being so distracted, but she knew it wasn't that. She found her thoughts returning to Nick more and more often lately, but she couldn't really blame herself. He was kind, sweet, charming, and not to mention downright handsome.

She had no intentions of making any moves, though. Even if he had said she was beautiful, she tried to convince herself he was just being nice. She was just going to take the friendship as it was, especially considering they hadn't known each other for very long. The last time she'd hit it off so well with someone and started dating him so soon, things had ended in heartbreak for her. She wasn't quite so eager to put her heart on the line just yet.

Just as she was about to give up on reading there was a knock at the door. She sat up quickly, nearly knocking the fan over as she scrambled to stand up. "Coming!" There was no guarantee it was Nick, but he'd been the one who'd visited her most recently.

She swung the door open, grinning at the sight of him. She was about to return his greeting when he asked if she wanted to go somewhere with him. She faltered for a moment, unsure what to say. Just with him? The two of them together, alone? Her heartbeat raced as she tried to convince herself that it wouldn't be anymore than a friendly outing. "S-sure!" She looked down at her outfit, an old shirt and even older jeans, before looking back up at him. "Where to?"
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 11:02 AM

He hadn’t been sure if she would agree to go with him, but he was happy to find that she was willing to go. He hadn’t exactly thought about where. When the thought crossed his mind to take her to the place he had set up for Finn (an effort which went nowhere at all), he quickly waved it away.

At least to him, Rom wasn’t just some second choice, in fact he probably would have showed up here even if he hadn’t had a scheduled date today. So taking her to somewhere that had been meant for Finn just seemed wrong. No, he would choose something different for her.

“Well, I was thinkin’ about maybe goin’ on a ride down by the river. The big guy over there can handle two people if y’don’t mind ridin’ front saddle.” He said, glancing over to his horse who was waiting patiently for his return. “Clever boy that one, he knows just the way to the river. If y’wanted to come along o’ course.” He continued, not wanting to make it seem like she had no choice, she could also turn him down.

strawberry
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 05:22 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Rom gave a small nod as he told her of his plans and she followed his gaze for a moment to his large, sturdy looking work horse. Her eyes flicked quickly back to him though when he mentioned riding front saddle. Front saddle, as in sitting in front of him on the saddle? As in pressed right up against him as they rode? She glanced at the saddle quickly then back to Nick, wondering just how much room there would be for both of them.

"Sure, that sounds like fun!" she managed after a couple seconds of trying to find the right words. She supposed she wouldn't need to change clothes, at the very least. "Should I bring a swim suit?"
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 03:40 PM

Nick looked over at his horse for a moment. Hector was quite the steed, and hefting around two people wouldn't be much of a problem for him. After all, he was bred from his Grandfather's best horses, something about a whole line of pure blood work horses, in the end Nick was just happy to have one as reliable as his was.

He looked back to Rom and smiled when she said it sounded like fun, and he admitted to himself it did. But he took rides 1000 times before. Perhaps it was just the person who agreed to go that would make it fun this time. And when she mentioned bringing a swimsuit, in honesty he hadn't thought about swimming, but it sounded refreshing after a long day of working in the heat.

"Sure thing, I can get ol' Hector over there to take us down by the docks and we can do some swimmin'. Been quite hot today after all." he said, glancing up at the sky. "Anyway, y'can take your time, I'll just wait for ya' over by Hector." he said with a smile.

strawberry
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 09:59 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

It seemed as if he hadn't been considering going swimming, and Rom nearly retracted her question. After all, she wasn't sure how she would feel about being in a swimsuit around him. Well, at the very least, she wasn't sure how she would feel about it aside from being nervous. She always felt a little nervous around him. But he looked to be fine with the idea of it, so Rom decided to go along with it anyway. He was right, it had been quite hot, and a swim in some cool water might be just the thing she needed.

"You're more than welcome to come in if you'd like," she replied when he stated he'd wait outside. "I mean, I won't take long, but it's pretty hot out even in the shade and I have a fan going in here," she continued, hoping that he didn't take her invitation to come inside to mean that'd she'd take forever to pick out a swim suit.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 06:55 PM

He smiled when she seemed to mull over her question. He didn't want her to think he didn't want to go just because she mentioned swimming. In fact he liked to swim a lot, and he enjoyed things when he could, and he didn't get to swim all that often either, so her addition to his idea had actually been perfect. But finally, she seemed to relax, and he was glad she hadn't tried to back out of it after a moment.

He offered for him to come inside and he nodded. "Sure thing, it'll be better than waitin' out here." he said and as soon as she let him in, he stepped inside. "Y'can go ahead, I'll wait here." he mentioned. "Y'can take your time too, don't worry bout' me. Work's done for the day, I just thought we can both use some time out." He could certainly use a break.

strawberry
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:31 pm

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Rom nodded, stepping aside to let him come in and closing the door gently behind him. "I'll be right back, then. Feel free to sit down or get something to drink." She nodded when he said his work was done for the day, feeling a little relieved that she wouldn't have to worry about taking up too much of his time. Though the fact that he still decided to come spend his free time with her made her cheeks feel even hotter than the weather made them.

She hurried up the stairs, changing out of her clothes and pulling on her swimsuit - a blue and white gingham one-piece - as quickly as she could. She pulled on a pair of denim shorts and an old, white linen long-sleeve button up over it. She rolled the sleeves up and left the buttons undone. She then hurried to the bathroom and pulled out her sunblock, not wanting to risk a burn even in the shaded waters of the river. She checked her appearance in the mirror as she pulled her hair up into a messy bun, pulling out a few strands to try to frame her face. She sighed, wishing she was as pretty as her sister, then headed back downstairs, nearly tripping over the bottom stair in her haste.

She blushed at her clumsiness, trying to be grateful that she didn't drop the sunblock. "I'm ready!"
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.