Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:52 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Toast. Toast and cinnamon butter was probably the best invention known to man and she wasn't one to be argued with about this particular fact. Especially since today she was a little irritated. Oliver had something with work, and while he didn't usually show up to the office on a Sunday, today they sacrificed their morning in bed so he could go deal with...whatever it was. He was very busy with work this season, and last night he had also come home quite late due to things at the office. She had hit him with an umbrella, and it was not a story she wanted to tell over again.

Not to anyone but Wes, of course.

With her boyfriend missing from this morning, she had called Wesley downstairs and asked him if he wanted to come up to see the dogs. It would give them a chance to hang out, and that was the positive side to things. They needed to spend more time together, and what better time was it than when they were both a home? But first, the cinnamon toast. She chewed thoughtfully as she watched Zeus and Leto attempt to rip a long stuffed animal to shreds between the two of them. Of course, she'd need to stop Leto before she tried to eat the stuffing.

The knock on the door alerted the dogs, who both piled up by the door as they waited eagerly for Scout to open it. Leto was impatient quickly, and scratched at the back of the door with tiny paws. Scout finished off her toast and walked over to the door, scooping up Leto before she pulled the door open. "Morning, Sunshine." She grinned when she saw Wesley on the other side of the door. "Here, why don't you meet your new furry little Niece?" She said, passing him Leto who immediately began trying to lick his chin. "Come on in, do you want some toast?" she asked as she shut the door behind him.

"That power outage yesterday was the worst." She said with a frown. "I kind of hit Oliver with an umbrella when he walked through the door. " she said sheepishly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Aofie
Date: Spring 21st, Year 3 (Morning)
Outfit: Here
Weather: Cloudy
#5e91d1

PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 09:58 PM

Savage.

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

"Hello puppy.", he said in a lowered, affectionate voice as he took the furry beast into his arms. When the dog licked him, he turned his head away in protest. "Oh, bleh. Puppy breath." Some people said it smelled good, like coffee. He did not agree with this common held belief. He placed the dog gently on its feet and gave it a few pats on the head. "I can't wait to get a dog.", he said longingly as he watched it attempt to play with Zeus in a adorably, clumsy leap.

When she mentioned the power outage, he nodded. "Yeah I know what you mean, thankfully I wasn't home most of the day." He tapped on the counter as he spoke. "I was actually... with Grace. She came up to visit. We went to the book store." He avoided looking at her, because he could already imagine the look she was sporting. An insinuating, cheeky grin. He cleared his throat and crossed his arms as his brown eyes finally made their way to hers. "I uh, asked her to the Spring Fling.", he bit his lip. "She said yes." he was barely able to say the last bit through all his smiling. Which beamed from ear to ear as he looked back at his friend.

"Wait, did you say you hit Oliver with an umbrella?" His head cocked in confusion, "It he okay?"

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 06:52 AM

She smiled as she watched Wes interact with the puppy. Leto was a very affectionate young pup, just like Zeus was as a full grown dog, and while Zeus wasn't really guard dog material, Leto had some hope yet. Of course, regardless most people weren't stupid enough to try and break into a home when someone owned a giant dog anyway. It was pretty much common sense when you didn't know their behavior. "It's even worse right after she eats." She said, wrinkling her nose. "I actually hate the smell of dog food though, so that might be the problem."

When he said he couldn't wait to get a dog, she chuckled. "They're a handful, but I wouldn't trade Zeus or Leto that's for sure." She said as Leto darted over to play with the older dog when Wes let her down finally. He agreed the power outage had been bad, but he had been out most of the day, she raised an eyebrow. As Wes has predicted, her look was a bit of a sly one. She wasn't like Oliver or Ender to imply they had done anything lewd, no. She believed there was no need to rush things and the pace that Wesley was taking things was alright.

But Goddess teasing her best friend was fun.

"Ooooooh, I see." She answered, chuckling. "I hope you two had a good time, I know how much you love your bookstores." if her birthday gift to him was any indication, she knew just how much Wesley loved reading, and sitting in bookstores was something they often did when they were younger. Her dad also found it relaxing, so he would even take them to bookstores out of town and go off and read on his own.

He said something about the Spring Fling, something Scout had heard of though had no interest in going to, and she listened. "You...invited Grace and not me?" she asked, a slight pout on her face. She held that for a moment before he face changed to a cheerful expression and she smiled. "Wes you're growing up!" she cried as she leaned over and hugged him. "And she even said yes! Are you excited? Well, duh Scout..." she murmured to herself. "That's great, really." She said sincerely. She paused when he went back to her earlier story.

"What? Oh no, he's not, he broke up with me and I'm moving out tomorrow." She said, shaking her head. "Oliver's fine, he just had something at the office he needed to take care of, so that's why he's not here." she assured him, waving that thought off. "Sit," she said, gesturing to the couch. "So, what are you planning on wearing. This is a date, isn't it?"

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 05:43 PM

Savage.

He actually felt a pang of guilt at first when she seemed hurt about him not asking her. Was he supposed to? Wasn't that Oliver's job? Was Oliver even allowed in the Valley? These were all questions he'd never pondered before. So it was safe to say, he was relieved when he realized she was just busting on him. When she leaned in to hug him, he squeezed her back fondly. "I was going to say...", He squinted suspiciously in jest before laughing.

When she started messing with him about Oliver kicking her out, this time he raised a brow instead of believing her shenanigans. "You're full of bologna." Something his parents used to say to him whenever he told a tall tale. They weren't exactly the kindest folks, but there were some good memories he could recall. Many more had with Scout's mom and dad, rather than his own.

"I think it is a date... actually? Plus think she might potentially like me back." He shrugged like it was nothing, but his cheeks were already pink. "Maybe like a bow tie... khakis.", it was obvious he had no idea. He was better at dressing others than he was at himself. He wore a t-shirt and cardigan every day of the week. Safe, comfortable choices. So he didn't really know much about fashion.

"Can you help me actually? I don't want it to look like I'm not excited...", he furrowed a brow, "... or too excited. I want it to be perfect." He really, really liked Grace. Wes wasn't about to fuck things up.

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 07:08 AM

Wesley had always been fun to mess with, since they were still fairly young. It seemed for a moment he believed her first little fib about being hurt, but seemed to be able to derive that she was only joking rather quickly. She laughed when he called her on her bluff. "Yeah, you're right, we had a nice night despite the domestic violence." she answered with a chuckle. The details? She decided Wes would probably feel a lot better if she kept to herself. So, she did what she did best and shifted the topic back onto him and Grace and whatever was going on there.

"Wes, you're the one who asked you aren't you? If you want it to be a date then it's a date." Innocent Wesley, in a turn of events neither of the had expected, she had been the one of the two of them to mature faster when it came to the dating game, but that was easy enough when someone like Oliver Triston came into your life and you had to learn to keep up or lose out. The time before they got together, she had struggled a lot with her feelings and how to deal with them. She didn't like Oliver, until she did. Thank Goddess Wesley's puppy love, at least so far, seemed to be going a lot less complicated than that.

"Khakis?" Scout asked, raising an eyebrow. "Wesley, are you going on a date or on shift at a grocery store? Don't wear Khakis. You want to make her feel like you're excited, not like you're ready to ring her up for 1000G at the counter." She said, keeping a straight face for a moment, before sighing and giving him a smile. "Alright, Alright, how about this? I'll see if I can get the car while Oliver is at work, and then we can head downtown and see what they've got that make you look ready for this whole dating business, deal?" She asked, patting Wesley's hand as Zeus came over to inspect him. "Besides, I'm sure it'll be fine, Oliver knows I wasn't happy this morning so I'm sure he'll be happy if I blow off some steam on some ugly checkered pants at the shop before he comes home."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:07 PM

Savage.

"You're right." He answered with a sigh, shaking his head in desperation when she compared his fashion to someone working behind a cash register. She wasn't wrong. He hadn't thought about how... effortless that would look. In a bad way. Not cool effortless like he wanted. He was pretty clueless on what to wear, he could really use her help.

"If you don't think Oliver would mind, that would be awesome." He smiled gratefully, attempting to hide his anxiety about the Fling. With that, the bigger of the two dogs squeezed between them hoping for some attention, and Wesley was quick to give it. He adored dogs. He wanted one of his own so badly. But he'd never had his own space, or the time to cater to one. So hanging out with Ender's or Oliver's was the next best thing. "Who's a good boy?", he asked with a coo, cupping the pups face in his hands. He touched noses with the canine, this time allowing his face to be properly licked.

Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 10:51 AM

She didn't have to hear him say she was right to know. Sure, she had made some fashion missteps in the past, but when it came to dates, even now with Oliver, she tried to make herself more presentable, to show that she did care about what was going on. She smiled, taking his hands. "Hey, stay positive, alright? Remember when I almost wore that garbage bag looking dress to prom? We're gonna do what you did with me then and fix a mistake, that's all." She said with a smile before she got up to make a quick phone call.

And she wasn't on the phone long before she came back, the puppy trailing after her. "Nah, he doesn't mind. It's better than me staying home by myself all day." She insisted. "Besides, Leto and Zeus will be fine together, and because they have each other they'll leave Olette alone while I'm out." she explained, moving to grab a light coat off the hook. "Darryl should be along shortly, so I'd explain to Zeus there you've got places to be."

Scout was right, Darryl hadn't taken long to arrive, and together they got in the car and headed to the mall. Thankfully, stores only closed down earlier than usual on sundays, so they still had most of the day. "Alright Wes, so which store do you usually shop at these days?" it had been a long time since they had been to the mall together, after all. "It's not like....some kind of Khaki exclusive place, is it?" she asked teasingly.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 06:02 PM

Savage.

When they got to the mall and she asked where he wanted to go, he didn't have much to say. "Well, I...", he spun around as he spoke, it had been a while since he'd come to the mall. His eyes scanned the area in confusion. He'd been wearing most of the same stuff for years, it wasn't like his body had changed much since he'd gotten into college. Same was to say for his style. "Usually I just go to the normal places." Aka, the boring places. The stores with lines of khakis and polos to try on and purchase. Hopefully she had some suggestions.

"Why don't we check this place out?", he said pointing to a store displaying some fancy looking suits and dresses in their window. "It looks... uh, expensive." But not like, Oliver Triston expensive. Normal people expensive. He didn't want to look cheap, but he also didn't want to look like he pulled something right out of Mr. Westhaven's wardrobe either.

"Grace said she's wearing lilac.", he turned to his friend and smiled softly. "Uhh, that's like... purple, right? Like the flower?"

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 05:20 AM

Wesley didn't seem to have an idea of where he wanted to go, and Scout frowned slightly as she surveyed the area. She hoped he didn't get discouraged if they couldn't find anything. This had been his first date in...Scout couldn't remember when. It never seemed like Wes had taken interest in someone as easily as he had Grace, and all Scout wanted to do was help him impress her, not like he hadn't already, but even more.

She took his arm carefully, reassuringly, letting him know that they were together and they'd figure out the simplest problems together, like what he should wear on his first big date with Grace. "I didn't think there were too many places like that in Westhaven," she said with a sigh, looking around the mall herself. He pointed out a store that looked like it had a larger price tag, but to normal people like she and Wesley, not big spenders like her boyfriend. He spent more on wine than they used to on a pair of pants, sometimes.

"We can take a look and see if we find anything. Firstly, you're definitely not wearing a tie, that's a little too formal, but a bowtie would be nice!" she suggested as she led him into the store he had pointed out. "Oh yeah, we'll probably find something here." she assured him, noting that the store had varying degrees of formal. He told her that Grace was wearing Lilac, and she thought about it. "Color wheel, Color Wheel...I took a general arts class in Freshman year...what did they say..?" she seemed to recall it, and pulled out a suit with a gray blazer and pale yellow dress shirt. "Hm...they said yellow goes well with purple, but I don't know, this kind of looks like Zeus peed on it..." after a moment of thought, she tossed it to Wes. "Try it on anyway, it might just be my eyes! if not, we'll look for something else."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 01:02 PM

Savage.

Even though yellow was a color he didn't often wear, the outfit looked like springtime and it was called the Spring Fling after all. So he didn't protest much and quickly got dressed so she could help him decide. Once the outfit was on, he sheepishly left the changing room to do a less than enthusiastic twirl so Scout could get the full idea. "I feel like... a daffodil.", he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I like the gray color though. Maybe Gray and lilac?", he said smoothing down the blazer as he looked in the mirror. "Would it be too weird to match her? I don't want to look like an Easter egg or something." He was always worried about how he looked, especially when it came to Grace. He didn't want to look dumpy, or too flashy either.

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 06:56 PM

Wesley seemed as unsure about their first choice as she did, and she sat outside of the dressing room as he changed into the selection. She had picked up a magazine, thumbing through it idly when he had come out and she surveyed what he was wearing. "Mmm..yeah, you do kind of look like one." she admitted a she gave the outfit a bit of an 'eh' response. "I also had a look at the bowties, they're all these really weird neons for matching yellow. Maybe that's the latest style but if it is I'm not very into it." she mentioned, watching him as he asked his next question.

"It might not hurt to match a little bit, maybe we'll just get you a different hue of purple." she said, moving to adjust the collar of the blazer he said he liked. "Okay, just a second..." she rifled through a rack and carefully pulled out a few purple dress shirts. "Here, try these and see if there's a tone you like with that blazer. In the meantime, I'll look for something to top it off, alright?" she said, hoping he'd find a purple he liked in the small pile she handed him.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: May 1 2018, 12:18 PM

Savage.

Wes took the shirts from her, but kept the gray blazer and also picked up a few other things as they browsed. "Can't go wrong with white...", he said softly as he grabbed a white dress shirt and added it to the growing pile in his arms. When he came to the bow-ties, he realized that each one had a matching set of suspenders as well. He went with the one that looked the closest to lilac and draped it over his free arm before heading into the dressing room. Suspenders could look kind of... nerdy. So he hoped he made the right choice. He knew Scout would shoot it down if they looked too odd on him, so at least there was that.

Before he stepped out, he made a sheepish comment to his friend. "Okay... now don't laugh." When he appeared he was wearing the white dress shirt, a light purple bow tie with matching suspenders and some gray dress pants. He held the blazer up to his shoulder and looked to her for answers. "Too much gray? Too much purple? I don't know." Wes shook his head in defeat. Why did he have such a hard time when it came to picking out his own clothes?

Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 1 2018, 07:15 PM

She waited for Wes as he headed into the dressing room. In all honesty, she wasn't looking to control Wesley's Outfit for the fling, no. Her job was to offer advice, but also bother him enough that his own taste in clothes would kick in for himself as much as it did when he cared to save her from embarrassment. Whatever he chose, at least it wouldn't be Khakis. she waited there for a while, flipping through a magazine just outside the dressing room, gaze tilting upwards when she heard Wes' soft voice again.

Maybe it wasn't perfect in every way, but she didn't laugh when Wes came out to show her what he was wearing. It wasn't Khakis. She smiled at him while he stammered through asking her what she thought about what he was currently dressed in. "Oh Wes, you're so nervous aren't you?" she knew he wanted to impress Grace, and sometimes she felt she was both helping and hurting him with some of her remarks. She moved forward and hugged him, patting his back for a moment before she let go.

"It looks great on you." she promised. For the fling, something like this would be just fine for what he wanted to accomplish. "I think that you should go with it." she promised him. Good suit, it was going to be a good date. She didn't think Grace would be repulsed despite the way he dressed anyway. "Now, why don't we get that paid for and go grab some lunch, on me?" At least they could spend a nice afternoon at the mall.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Aofie
 Posted: May 3 2018, 05:12 PM

Savage.

"Wait, really? You think it looks good?" He was a little shocked that she said so. He'd had his doubts about the combination, but maybe it hadn't been so peculiar after all. He moved his body in front of the mirror, posing in a few different ways to make sure nothing came untucked or looked awkward when he moved. Considering he'd be dancing, and probably shuffling around quite a lot at this Fling. "Cool." Wes said as he stared back at himself in the mirror with a growing smile.

Now that he had his second opinion, he didn't hesitate to get the items scanned and paid for. He held the bag close to his body as they left the store. The bag, and the clothes were so fancy, it felt weird in his hands. He was thankful that Scout had agreed to suffer through this with him. The whole ordeal had been stressful, but he was feeling better now, and actually a bit shocked that he'd actually found something he liked. And now that this was out of the way, he felt hungry.

But Scout was a mind reader.

"The bagel place?" He asked, but did he really have to? The pair was kind of set in their ways by now, and getting bagels at the Mall was routine. Some things never changed, and even though they had been seeing each other less and less lately, he hoped there were a lot of things about their friendship that never would.

Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.