L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Take a Sick Day, Scout+Oliver
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 06:03 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Scout thought they had a pretty good track record for not getting sick. She cleaned the apartment often while she was home, and she tended to try and make sure the dogs didn't track in so many germs from the outside. But despite that, it was bound to happen, that one of them would be sick at some point. Unfortunately, Oliver was the one to catch it. When he had woken up this morning and Scout could tell that he wasn't feeling well at all.

"Alright Doctor, yeah I'll do that, thank you." She said into the phone. Most places were closed so she had called her old family doctor, who said it sounded like Oliver just had a cold, and that some soup and bed rest would go a long way. She hung up the phone, and dialed her sister. "Lucy? I know it's a bit of a weird question, but can you run to the store for me?...No, Oliver isn't feeling well, and I'd go myself but there's a lot to do around the apartment." She listened for a few moments, nodding.

"Yes, exactly like the one Janet made. Chicken, Carrots, that kind of thing....Please? You are the best sister ever?" She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Alright, thanks Lucy, I'll see you soon....no you don't have to come in." She hung up the phone and stood up, heading into the bedroom, Leto hot at her heels. She had gotten a little bigger since they got her, and a lot less clumsy. She sat down at the edge of his side of the bed, brushing her fingers through his blonde hair. "How are you feeling, Oliver?" she asked gently, Leto jumping up on Oliver's other side. "Do you need more water?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 28th, Year 3
Outfit: Here
Weather: Sunny
#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 01:38 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Season Day, Year • Time • Weather
"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play"
user posted image

These times were few and far between, but when they showed up, they hit Oliver hard. He liked to think he was a big shot and a tough man, but once even the smallest virus entered his bloodstream, he became an insufferable whiny brat.

Which honestly wasn’t much different than his normal persona.

Scout was off in the other room on the phone as Oliver laid in bed, Zeus curled up next to him. He coughed loudly, before reaching for the box of tissues to blow his nose. He chucked the used tissue towards the trashcan and sunk back into the bed. He looked to the door as Scout came back in.

“Like someone threw me off the roof of the building,” he said when she asked how he was feeling. “Come lay with me. I’m bored.”

user posted image
"'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:44 AM

Oliver was usually pretty whiny when he wanted something and they were at home, several times different than his persona to the rest of the world, but when he was sick, he wanted even more attention than he usually wanted. She nodded softly when he answered her, gently brushing his cheek with her thumb. "I know you're bored baby, but no one said being sick was fun." She answered, dragging his water from the night stand and holding it out to him. "Come on, no Scotch today. Though my Grandma used to say it was helpful, so maybe I'll keep that in mind, for now, Water. Come on." she half-ordered.

"And you know I can't lay with you. I'm already likely to catch what you have, I don't need to be ten times as likely." She laughed, dreading catching what he had herself. She didn't need to be put out of Commission right now, that was for sure. "I asked the doctor, he says a little bit of menthol paste will clear your cough right up." She explained as she adjusted his blankets. "And I sent Lucy to the store for some stuff so I can make you some chicken soup, Janet's soup will have you feeling better in no time." she promised, smiling at him.

It faded after a moment, and she sighed. "Oh babe I'm sorry. It's the back end of Flu season, I should have been cleaning more often." she said, sighing. "Now we're both going to get this. It goes around the home, as they say."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 07:35 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Season Day, Year • Time • Weather
user posted image

Scout handed him his water, something he didn’t really drink often. “Maybe your Grandma should come take care of me then,” he said before grudgingly taking a gulp of water before handing it back to her.

He sneezed into the crook of his arm, reaching for a tissue to blow his nose. “Please Scout,” he said with a whine. “It’s cold, I need you to keep me warm.” He reach out for her hand. He hated being stuck in bed. The only thing he could do is eat or sleep, and he wasn’t hungry at all. “You’ll keep me a lot warmer than a bowl of soup.”

“You’re gonna get sick anyway. Just lay with me.” He pouted slightly. “Look the dogs want you to get in bed too.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:17 AM

She knew that water wasn't really Oliver's favorite drink, but he needed to keep his fluids up if he was going to do something quickly. Scout rolled her eyes when he got a little bit testy, shaking her head as she took the water glass back. "She went on a vacation to Greece and never came back, she likes it there better. Don't be so snappy." she answered as she placed the water back down on the nightstand.

She jumped a little when he sneezed, sighing as she straightened out his covers. "Babe I really-" he pointed out that she would probably get sick anyway, and she took a deep breath. "I've got too much work to do to get sick." she said with a frown, although she took his hand anyway when he held it out, attempting to comfort him. "Oliver..." she was losing her will, as she usually did when it came to Oliver. A soft frown etched into her features, she looked at the two dogs as they were mentioned.

"You're still eating soup." she said finally, kicking off her shoes and joining him in the bed, the dogs scrambling out of her spot but quickly coming back over to the foot of the bed. She sighed softly, looking up at the ceiling as she placed her hands on her stomach. "Who taught you to be so annoying, anyway?" she teased, glancing over at her poor, sick boyfriend. "I swear you must have been trained for this or something."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 03:11 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
Spring 28, Year 3 • Time • Sunny
user posted image

Oliver tugged on Scout’s hand lightly until she finally gave in and climbed into bed next to him. He grinned, wrapping an arm around her and holding her close to him. Her body warmth felt good against his clammy skin.

“Are you at least gonna feed it to me?” he asked, trying to keep up his usual mischievous charm which was hard in between coughing fits and sniffling. Usually Oliver was just extra bossy to Trevor when he was sick, but now that he was in a relationship, he had a girlfriend to whine to while he laid in bed recovering. And even while sick, his charm still worked luckily.

“Remember, I have two sisters. I’ve been training my whole life-” he paused to cough. “To be annoying,” he said, reaching over to grab the glass of water and took a drink from it. “It’s easier to be annoying when I’m not coughing up a lung though.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 03:52 PM

When she climbed into bed, Oliver immediately wrapped her in his warmth, even though he was probably cold to himself, being sick and all, his body heat was a little escalated. She made a note to herself to check his temperature in a little while, but she knew when he was like this she wasn't going to be able to get him to let her leave now that he had her wrapped up in bed with him. She had told Trevor that he didn't need to worry about it, she'd take care of Oliver, but she wondered if she should retract that statement.

"Only if you're lucky." she mumbled when he asked her if she'd feed him the soup. "It depends how I feel about you in an hour or two." she teased, smoothing some hair from his face. She knew he didn't like being sick, there was a million different things he could have been doing that wasn't just laying in bed like this, but when she heard how bad he sounded in the morning she insisted that he didn't go anywhere or pick up one piece of paper.

"I feel bad for your sisters, you sound even worse than Jason was growing up." She Felt the bed shift as Zeus and Leto began playing on the edge of it, and she sighed when he reached for his water. "You'd probably cough less if you talked less." She wriggled out of his hold and sat up on her knees in the bed. "My poor baby," she mumbled, leaning over to kiss his temple. "Is there anything that people used to do when you were sick that made you feel better right away? You know, if soup isn't your go to?"

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 08:22 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

He pouted slightly when she said it would depend on how she felt about him later. He was usually more teasing and charming, but when he was sick, it was hard for him to turn on that normal charm he had. He also hated that he was just laying in bed when there was so much work he still needed to do. Who knew what Trevor was mucking up without him there.

“We both know that’s not going to happen,” he said when she said he should talk less. He took a sip of the water before coughing more again. He sighed, sinking a bit deeper into the bed as Scout sat up. “There are a lot of things that make me feel better, but I don’t think I could do any of those,” he said, trying to be suggestive, though it was ruined by a sneeze right at the end of his sentence.

He sniffled slightly. “My mom use to just put a movie on for me and wait till I fell asleep,” he admitted. “Maybe we can put a movie on.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 05:08 AM

She knew Oliver was trying his best to be his charming self, but it was hard when he was sick. Runny noses that made your voice a little funny wasn't really the sexiest thing imaginable. But at the very least she could give him credit for trying. When she suggested he talk less and he told her it wasn't going to happen, she gently caressed his cheek. "A woman can dream." She teased. Itris did she love this man, annoyance at all there was no one she'd rather be caring for right now, even if he was going to get on her last nerve eventually.

She couldn't hold in her laughter when he tried and failed to suggest that sex might make him feel better, if he could have done it, but he sneezed instead. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she chuckled, shaking her head. "I don't think you have the energy for that babe. Besides, I'm already going to get sick, let's not make that happen faster." she said, reaching over him for a tissue and gently holding it over his nose.

"Hm, movie sounds good, let me go make the living room comfortable for you." she said, getting up, hearing a tiny set of paws hit the ground and scramble after her. "Yes Leto, you can come too." she promised the little collie who scrabbled a little faster at the sound of her name. She cleared the coffee table and moved the tissues and such out onto it, bringing out an extra duvet and setting it down on the couch. "Alright Oliver, you can come into the living room," Scout called, rummaging through their tapes. "What movie do you want to see? We have a few here."

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 01:20 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver felt pretty fucking useless when he was sick. He couldn’t work, he couldn’t go out, he couldn’t do… anything. All he could do was lay around and wait for himself to get better. However long that would take.

He blew into the tissue she had placed over his nose, feeling quite defeated. He watched her walk off to the living room, Leto scrambling after her while Zeus moved closer to Oliver, laying his head in his lap. Oliver scratched the german shepherd behind the ears boy. “I know boy, laying around here is pretty boring.” He paused, coughing into the crook of his arm. “We’ll get someone to take you out for a w-a-l-k later.”

Scout called him to come into the living room, and Oliver shuffled out of the bed and into the other room. He plopped down onto the couch, wrapping up in the duvet Scout had laid out. Zeus followed Oliver, crawling under the duvet and laying on the floor, his head laying on Oliver’s feet. Oliver thought about the different movies he owned. Citizen Kane was one of his favorites, but he didn’t feel like watching that today. “Casablanca?” he suggested.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 06:47 AM

She could feel Leto sniffing at her legs as she rummaged through the different videos that they had available to them. "Leto stop, your tickling my ankle." she said as she gently urged the puppy away from her leg. Leto let out a quiet ruff followed by a full squeaky bark, but complied, taking interest as Oliver made his way out of the bedroom. She wondered how many times in her life she imagined she'd be taking care of a sick boyfriend, and as she continued to think about it, she came to the conclusion that it wasn't all that much.

"Alright Casablanca it is." she said she she located the tape. "Janet said she'd marry Humphrey Bogart if you gave her the chance." she added as she popped the tape in and adjusted the TV settings so they could watch. She walked over and sat on the couch, adjusting herself so Oliver could lay his head in her lap. "Zeus seems really worried about you." she pointed out as she noticed that the dog, even at feeding time seemed hesitant to leave Oliver by himself. "I had to stick his bowl by the bedroom door before he would eat this morning." she added.

Leto was a little different, laying in the puppy bed across the room now and chewing on a little sock doll that Janet had sown together for the pup to teeth on as opposed to expensive furniture. She hadn't been here as long as Zeus,so she wasn't at the moment as concerned about Oliver's condition. She gently ran her fingers through Oliver's hair as the movie played. "We should watch more movies when your healthy you know, we don't do that too often." she said as she moved the hand in his hair to rub his shoulder, looking over as Olette hopped up onto the couch arm beside her. The cat slide up onto the back of the couch, and finally settled herself between Oliver and the back of the couch. Scout chuckled a little bit. That cat would invite herself anywhere, but at least it would warm Oliver up a little.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 2 2018, 09:47 PM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver leaned back against the couch as he waited for Scout to find the tape and pop it into the TV set. “Hmm, she always struck me as a Gene Kelly type,” he said when she finally had the TV set up and headed towards the couch. When she sat down Oliver laid down, pulling the duvet cover up further. It disturbed Zeus who sat up to look curiously as to what his humans were doing.

When he saw Oliver was still there, Zeus laid back down, a little huff of air escaping as he did so. Oliver glanced down at his furry friend before answering Scout. “He’s use to me being all over the place,” Oliver said. “I also think he wants to go for a W-A-L-K.” He wouldn’t risk saying the word and exciting Zeus. He was too comfortable for either him or Scout to move.

“If I was healthy we’d probably get distracted doing other things.” He coughed before feeling a furry warm lump against his back. He could still see Leto in her puppy bed, so that left the only other small creature in the apartment. “I can’t be held responsible if she gets squished you know.” He would never understand the cat’s obsession with him.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 4 2018, 11:47 AM

"No, she's really more of the Humphrey Bogart type." Scout concluded when he seemed to think Janet would be the type for Gene Kelly. As Oliver adjusted himself so he was comfortable, Scout smiled at Zeus who seemed to be confused by all the laying down. They were usually more active than this, so Scout understood perfectly why the dog was concerned. When they were active, so were their dogs. Olette was the exception, usually found lazing around on the coffee table.

When Oliver explained Zeus' worry, she chuckled. "I'll see if I can get him on one later, for now we need to focus on getting you to feeling better, for your sanity and mine." she chuckled, making another soothing motion through his hair. "Just relax baby, you're never going to get better if you're so tense." she continued, sometimes she didn't think Oliver realized how tense he could be.

And she chuckled when he mentioned the kind of distraction they got up to when he was healthy. "Maybe I can actually pay attention to the movie for once." She responded with a soft hum following. Oliver could be very distracting until he got what he wanted, something that Scout was used to by now. The Cat laying behind him made him grumble about it. "Oh come, she's just worried about you. You try to relax and maybe get some sleep, when Lucy gets me what I need I'll make you a nice soup." she promised.

#5e91d1
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: May 9 2018, 10:21 AM

user posted image
Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver hummed lightly when she ran her hand through his head. He felt much like a five-year-old cuddled up on the couch after their mother took their temperature. He was weak, and he hated feeling that way.

He adjusted the blanket slightly, ruffling the cat who easily just repositioned herself and laid back down at his back. “She’s never seemed worried about me before,” Oliver said, referencing the cat. Many nights he woke up with Olette’s butt right in his face. “She’s probably just happy my own body is killing me-” he paused to cough a few times. “-so she doesn’t have to.”

The movie played in the background, though Oliver wasn’t paying much attention to it. “What kind of soup?” he asked groggily. He closed his eyes as he waited to hear from her.

user posted image
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki[/user]
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: May 9 2018, 03:17 PM

When he mentioned the cat being happy when sickness took him she rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, she'd straight up eat you if there was no one to feed her." she said, reaching over to give Olette a few gentle scratches. "But I'm sure somewhere, deep down, she'd worried about you." she promised with a nod.

She could tell by his voice that he was becoming tired, and she returned to gently threading her fingers through his hair. "Chicken. Janet used to make mine with Tofu, but I know you hate it so I'll make you chicken." she promised, although she wasn't a very big fan of chicken herself. She hoped that he'd be able to get some rest like this.

"It'll be alright if you fall asleep, okay? By the time you wake up I'll have some soup for you." She said, leaning down to kiss his temple, albeit a little too warm from his sickness. "Just relax, babe."

#5e91d1
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.