GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 36

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Honor LaRouche
Spring 10, Year Three • Afternoon • Sunny
"Some people long for a life that is simple and planned"

user posted image

Honor was beginning to lose track of the phone calls from Rowan’s school. Ever since she had been down there to give them all of the new contact information, and copies of the adoption paperwork, her phone seemed to ring nonstop. She guessed now that they knew they could actually get a real live adult on the phone, they called for every little problem.

Apparently Rowan was getting in a lot of trouble while at school. Starting fights, talking back to his teachers, and other things that were distracting from his studies. She understood that before coming to live with her and Aramis his childhood had been rough, and she certainly couldn’t blame him for his behavior after seeing the squalor that his old foster parents had lived in. But, he had been living with the LaRouches for some time now, and she had hoped his behavior in school would improve.

As it was, Rowan was still getting in trouble, so he and Honor needed to sit down and have a conversation about it. Studies were important to Honor, and she knew Rowan had a lot of potential. She didn’t want to see that wasted away because of a troubled past. They needed to figure this out. Now.

Honor knew exactly what time Rowan would get home from school, and so did the dogs. It had become tradition for them to wait at the door for him to come in, all of them vying for his attention before he disappeared to do his homework. Today would be different though. Honor sat in the oversized singular chair with the other dogs at attention in the living room. The puppies were still learning how to behave, so they climbed all over the other dogs as the others waited for an at ease command from Honor.

However, Lucky was still Rowan’s best friend, and while she had been learning the ways of the house by following the other dogs, she still ran to the door as soon as she heard Rowan enter the house.

user posted image
"But I'd follow you to the great unknown"
Outfit • Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 11:46 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 29

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Spring 10th|Afternoon|Sunny|Belle

Rowan wasn't and hadn't been the best kid in school for a few years now. His being raised by two foster parents who didn't care about him, being bullied because he wore an eye patch to cover the missing eyes underneath, and several other factors had left Rowan unenthused about school, and most of the time he'd rather be doing anything but his work. And unfortunately, these habits hadn't ceased being adopted by Honor and Aramis. He was still misbehaving and for the most part, Grades still slipping.

But he hadn't been confronted about it, so he pretended the problem didn't exist. He went to school like everyone else, wasn't that better than not going? He thought so, anyway. But he was about to find out that his adoptive mother didn't exactly share the same opinions about it as he did. He pushed the door to their home open, but he noticed something wasn't quite right as a single dog, and of course his favored, trickled into the hallway as opposed to the several that usually clambered after her. "Hey Lucky, where is everyone?" he greeted, giving her an affectionate rub behind the ears.

He headed to the living room, where he found Honor sitting, a little weirded out by the dogs standing as they were in front of her. "Hey....Honor...." he said, raising an eyebrow. "Why are they all sitting like that?" he asked, unaware anything was up until he really glanced at her, making him shift uncomfortably.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 04:28 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

user posted image
Honor LaRouche

user posted image

Honor heard the door open and not long after, Rowan appeared in the living room with Lucky following behind him. Usually when Rowan came home, Honor would smile, ask him as school was and check to see if he was hungry. But today, Honor needed to have a very serious talk with Rowan. She understood when he was living with those horrid people that his grades hadn’t been important and they weren’t going to discipline him, but that wasn’t how things were going to work in the LaRouche household.

“Rowan, have a seat,” she told him, motioning to the couch. “We have something we need to talk about.” She waited for him to have a seat before continuing. “Sorry the dogs couldn’t welcome you home today, but I wanted to talk to you as soon as you got home and getting through a sea of dogs can take a lot of time.” She signaled for the dogs that they were free to go.

She crossed one leg over the other. “Your school keeps calling and you’re under-performing in all your classes. I know you can do better than this, and I’m disappointed. I knew it would take a while for you to get use to the way things worked around here, but you’ve been living with us for a season now. I know that your fosters may not have cared about you, but I do, and I won’t tolerate this kind of behavior.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 07:21 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

When his parents were still alive, Rowan had been used to all of this. After all, how else were children supposed to learn if their parents didn't sit them down and talk to them from time to time? But now, the only form of a talking to he had gotten in recent years was with a hand. Now he knew he was in some sort of trouble based on Honor's stern tone, and his shoulders tensed when she told him to sit down. Instead, he moved behind the chair, almost as if he was trying to find some sort of barrier separating himself from Honor.

She would never hit you. She would never hit you. He couldn't help himself though, and stood behind the chair anyway. "I'll..stand." He answered, relying on the chair in front of him for support as Honor freed the dogs and they all scattered to do whatever it was they wanted to do. "It's fine. They...are sort of hard to navigate." he couldn't help the pause in his speech. For some reason he couldn't shake the fear he felt. But he tried not to let it show in any more than his tense shoulders either.

"I study." He countered when she told him that the School had called, and told her that he wasn't performing how he should be. He felt a mix of guilt and defensiveness as she spoke, gritting his teeth. "I've improved from how I was doing." He countered, looking away from her. "I didn't get any Failures last semester." He wouldn't meet her gaze. "I even did fine on that Art History project."

#BDB23E

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 06:56 PM

user posted image
Honor LaRouche

user posted image

Honor watched Rowan in his movements before she spoke. The dogs scattered with the puppies trailing behind, not 100% sure of what was going on. Lucky stayed nearby, probably sensing that Rowan was tense. She couldn’t blame him for being so. This was his first time getting in trouble while living under Honor and Aramis’s roof.

She shook her head. “Barely passing and passing are two very different things, Rowan. And if I remember correctly, I had to drag you down to the museum to do that assignment to begin with.” She clasped her hands and placed them in her lap. “We take education very seriously in this house and I don’t feel like you’re putting forth the effort you could be in your classes. Your teachers agree. They don’t think you’re applying yourself.”

Of course Rowan’s fosters hadn’t cared about him, so they hadn’t bothered to keep on him about his grades, and if they did, it certainly wasn’t an approach that had been working for them. “I thought with some time you might improve on your own, but I guess we’ll have to employ other tactics until we find something that works.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 08:10 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He wasn't really happy with being scolded over his grades, though that was possibly because it had been a long time since that had happened to begin with. Usually his punishments didn't involve communication. They involved no dinner, they involved hitting, even being shut into a closet for over a half of a Saturday, but those had all been done with little to no words. "It doesn't matter." He pointed out when she said she had to drag him to the museum. "I still did the stupid assignment." He said in defiance, crossing his arms.

"What do they know? They didn't pay any attention to me when I lived with the other people, so why would they care now?" None of them had ever helped him, so he didn't have a reason to care what they thought about his performance in classes. Though, maybe he shouldn't have been acting so rude, to someone he knew did care about him. Honor had never given him a reason to think that she didn't care about him.

When she mentioned something like a Punishment, Rowan froze, a clear fear in his eyes, and he automatically felt better about being behind the chair like he was. But he knew she wouldn't hurt him, didn't he? Regardless, he couldn't stand the chill that was sent down his spine. But he tried to keep his tough exterior. "A-And what would that be?" He asked, not meeting her gaze.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 01:31 PM

user posted image
Honor LaRouche

user posted image

Honor shook her head. She had always wanted children and she had worried she wouldn’t be a good mother, but she was trying her best with Adelaide and with Rowan. It was a bit of an adjustment, going from no children to two of very different ages, and she hoped she was doing things the right way. Adjusting Rowan to their lifestyle was going to be difficult since she didn’t even know how long it had been since he had had caring parents in his life.

“Does that matter Rowan? Don’t you know that I care? That Aramis cares?” Honor told him. “You have a family now that actually gives a damn about you and this is how you behave.” She stood up herself now, though she didn’t move any closer to Rowan. She gave him his space as she told him what his punishment was.

“Until we see an improvement, we’ve decided to hire a babysitter of sorts. Since I can’t trust that your schoolwork will be completed properly, she’ll be here to watch you and to check over your work as well.” Honor had already found a smart young girl that was willing to watch over both of the children when she and Aramis were out. “She starts Friday evening. Aramis and I have a party to attend, so she’ll be here while we’re gone.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:22 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Rowan had always felt like he didn't belong anywhere. He knew that Honor was trying her best, and Aramis as well, but it was still hard for him to adjust to the fact that anyone cared at all. He felt bad, he knew what he was saying was the past, but he somehow couldn't help it. He couldn't turn himself around, even when he told himself there was the threat of Honor not wanting him anymore. What would happen then? Would he get sent back into the system? Perhaps he was overthinking it.

He swallowed when he brought up the fact that she and Aramis in fact cared about him. He averted his gaze, backing away instinctively when Honor stood up. He swallowed his breath, shaking his head. "I've been trying!" he answered. He had been trying to see that they cared, remind himself the past was the past, but it wasn't working as well as he had hoped. "It's not like they care about my improvement anyway. They already gave me up as a lost cause last year. The other kids get offered tutors but no ones bothered to talk to me!" he countered, a bit of anger in his voice.

And he felt angry when she mentioned she had hired a babysitter. "I don't need anyone to watch me." He countered with annoyance, crossing his arms. "I'm not a five year old, Honor!" he shit back, though she didn't seem to want to budge on her choice. He picked up his bag, throwing it over his shoulder. "Fine, whatever. I'm going to hate her though." He didn't say anything else to her, instead making his way quickly up the stairs with Lucky trailing behind him, the door slamming upstairs.

#BDB23E

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 07:26 PM

user posted image
Honor LaRouche

user posted image

Rowan was so focused on the fact that he believed no one at the school cared about him, he didn’t realize that Honor and Aramis cared about him. It was obvious they cared about him, otherwise they wouldn’t have took him in, and she wouldn’t be having this conversation with him now.

She wasn’t sure what to do about Rowan’s behavior and grades, but maybe a babysitter would motivate him to improve. If he didn’t want a babysitter, he would have to prove that he could be trusted. His grades would have to improve and he would have to stop acting like he had no one on his side.

She shook her head. “You sure are acting like one right now,” she said when he said he wasn’t a little kid. She knew he wouldn’t be happy with the decision, but he needed to learn there would be consequences to his actions. She watched as he stormed off, hearing the slamming of his bedroom door. Seconds passed before Honor heard the cries of Adelaide in her room. She sighed seeing Lucky lurking nearby. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with him girl,” she said, giving her a light pat on the head before going to get Addy.

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.