Chick

GROUP: White Leaf

Awards: 3

Rep: 0 pts

user posted image
D a t e: Spring 10
T i m e: Evening
W e a t h e r: breezy

Reza grit his teeth as he pulled against the rotting wood of the dying tree. Within it, he could see the worms and insects that had killed the forsaken wood. He sighed and lowered himself to grasp his fire engine red axe. It was a bit worn at the blade, seeing as how it was a rather old tool, but it was at this point like a family heirloom. He'd never part with it. Though he supposed that made him a bit on the...creepy side. He knew that whenever he needed tools like rope, or traps (humane of course) in town, he always got the side-long glances that came along with it. It didn't bug him too bad, but obviously this left him to be a bit of the loner. Meh.

Reza tightened his fingers and gripped the chipped handle of the axe stiffly.

Well, maybe it affected him a little. Nothing he could do about it though. He was the wild man, the crazy hobo out in the forest. He'd have to live with it. Ho hum.

Reza steeled himself to focus on the tree trunk, or what was left of it. The rotting bark and wood was shredded, he was sure from many an animal, maybe even young adolescent bucks sharpening their racks. In any case, this trunk needed to be destroyed. He didn't need any infestation crawling toward his own abode. Living in a tree house had both the perks and the cons. Protecting his tree was a job within itself. He gave a clipped and determined nod. This had to be done. The athletically built man began to position himself, body poised and arms tight in preparation to swing rhythmically.

With his arms angled and a bit poised, he counted mentally to three.

3!

Wack!
Wack!
Wack!

He swung repeatedly and felt the vibration of the contact rise into his fingers. It didn't hurt though. He was far to used to wracking away with an axe, probably far more than normal people would be comfortable with...
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 09:59 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Skyler Madison
Spring 10, Year Two ֎ Evening ֎ Cool

Getting away from the center of the valley was something Skyler often sought these days. She could only handle the chipper folk of the village so much, and she longed for the cynicism that was back in the city. She would never fit in here.

She walked along the meadows, a lit cigarette dangling from her fingers. It was late enough that she figured she wouldn't run into anyone and could enjoy her peace and quiet. She inhaled from the cigarette, letting the heat of the smoke hit the back of her throat and fill her lungs. She let the cigarette drop back to her side, and exhaled the dark smoke from her mouth and nose. It was calming after a long and tiring day.

A wacking sound alerted Skyler that she wasn't alone in the meadows. She turned her head in the direction of the noise, but saw nothing. Withe a shrug of the shoulders and another drag from the cigarette, she walked in the direction of the noise. Maybe she'd get lucky and run into a bear trying to maul a deer.

Turns out it wasn't a bear, or even a dear. Just a guy hacking away at a rotting tree. Swinging an axe actually seemed like a good way to get rid of some aggression. "Mind if I take a swing?"

user posted image
Wearing ֎ Tag: Lotus
PMWebsite
^
Lotus
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 10:36 PM

Chick

user posted image
T a g: Belle

Reza continued to hack at the tree well into the footsteps of someone else. It wasn't as if he could hear the steps anyway, not with these noises he couldn't. He would've kept on too, had it not been for the fact that her voice came up from behind him. He grew startled and nearly slipped the axe over his arm.

"Holy shit!"

He quickly dropped the tool and took a few steps back, his hand instantly turning into a fist. Living on his own and taught him a few things. First and foremost safety is top priority. Has someone snuck up on them when he wasn't looking, where they trying to steal from him, he knew a time or two when he'd seen a mugging; not that he had much to steal from.

His eyes adjusted quickly and he paused his fist mid length of his chest. His face contorted from surprise to confusion. Was he seeing things or was there a woman right in front of him? No one ever walked this way, not on purpose anyway. He wasn't even sure if he even heard her correctly.

"You... Want a swing?"

After a while he merely shrugged and bent down to pick up his axe.

"Be my guest, this needs to get done."

Gingerly he handed it over handle first. Once she accepted it he would move off a step or two to give her some space. He crossed his arms over his chest and raised his brow as he settled himself. He was curious though, what was her deal?
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 09:49 AM

Skyler Madison

It probably wasn’t the best idea Skyler had, sneaking up on a guy swinging an axe. For all she knew, he could be a murderer looking to chop a person in half, instead of a tree. But who was she kidding, this was Ioana. The worst thing the people in this village were capable of was stealing a stick of gum from a candy shop.

"Holy shit!"

Skyler just stuck the cigarette back in her mouth, taking a pull of the smoke into her lungs. As the guy came to his senses, she blew the smoke out and away from him, dropping the remainder of the butt on the ground, squishing it with the tip of her shoe.

"You... Want a swing?"

She nodded. “That’s what I said. Unless you feel like doing it all yourself,” she said with a little shrug. She couldn’t make him hand the axe over, but she doubted he wanted to spend all his time out here chopping at a waste of wood.

"Be my guest, this needs to get done."

She took the handle of the axe he offered to her. It was heavier than she expected, and it took a lot of effort for her to keep the axe steady in hand. She waited for the man to step aside before swinging the axe at the tree. She was shorter than him, and not as strong, so her hits weren't as effective as his were. She grunted each time she swung the axe, landing a blow to the tree. Maybe she should invest in an axe and take to tree chopping whenever Judith got on her nerves. She could feel the aggravation leaving her body as she swung.

After a few swings, Skyler could feel her arms getting weak, and she let the axe hit the ground, her hands still on the handle. She stood there for a moment, catching her breath before speaking to the man again. "Now that is one hell of a workout."

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Lotus
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 07:44 AM

Chick

user posted image
T a g: Belle

Reza backed up even further as she began to swing wildly. If he was looking for a clean cut, he sure as hell wasn't going to get it after this. He winced as he saw wood flying, and wondered if he should probably just stop her where she was, but just as it began, it ended. He slowly lowered his arms and reached over low to grab hold of the weapon from her hands.

"Get your demons out?"

Reza glanced toward her as he straightened himself out, watching her intently as he did so. Probably creepy of him, but at this point he didn't care if it was. He didn't wait for her answer though, because he was already taking the axe and placing it on the other side of the mutilated tree. After that was done, he positioned himself right where the girl was and pushed at the tree to collapse. It took two or three tries, but it cracked over in a heap. Tons of termites crawled about in terror as their home was destroyed. Rez' grunted and turned away from the stump, not wanting to even look at the damned monsters intent on killing the woodwork around them.

He breathed deep and then sighed.
"This damn tree likely would have infected my own home. It needs to be burned." However as he thought it, he knew that it was already evening and getting on with the day. He didn't like setting up bonfires turn dusk since that usually had people curious about things they needn't be curious about. He also didn't need the fire department or whomever to investigate... He tossed a gaze toward the woman once more. Than again it was much too late for that, now wasn't it?

"I'm surprised you're even out here." He placed a hand on his hip and turned toward her, a curious expression upon his face. "Walking up to strange men with axes doesn't seem too smart," he added. He almost bit back the words, knowing that what he said was a bit rude. Damn, oh well.
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 10:04 AM

Skyler Madison

As Skyler stopped swinging and let the axe down, the man reached over to take it from her. She allowed him to do so, and straightened up, stretching her arms up to loosen the muscles out that had just worked hard.

"Get your demons out?"

She nodded as he moved to the other side of the tree and watched him as he placed the axe there, before coming back around. “Something like that, yeah,” she said as he began pushing at the chopped tree. Soon enough it was falling to the ground with a thud. Tons of tiny bugs crawled out, and Skyler watched as they ran for cover.

"This damn tree likely would have infected my own home. It needs to be burned."

Skyler smirked. “Well I do have a lighter,” she teased, pulling it out of her pocket and showing it, though she knew it would take a lot more than a lighter to take care of this tree. She had to wonder how a few termites out in the meadows would affect his home. She knew there were homes out here, but they were closer to the train tracks.

"I'm surprised you're even out here. Walking up to strange men with axes doesn't seem too smart.”

Skyler shrugged. “Where’s the fun in life if you don’t live a little dangerously,” she said with a smirk. “Besides, this is Ioana. No one here is exactly terrifying ya know.” She grabbed the pack of cigarettes out of her pockets and stuck one between her lips. She lit the tip, inhaling the black smoke into her lungs. “So you gonna burn this sucker or what?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.