Awards: 15

Rep: 1 pts

Krishna Cooper

Fall 11th, Y1
Friday
Stormy
Evening
Tags: Chris Ethereal

Krishna being tired after a long day of doing school work had decided to take a walk, hoping it would relax them enough to take a nap. It had been raining off an own for most of the day, and they knew a storm was fast approaching. They didn't really care about that though, only thinking of sneaking off to take a snap somewhere. If they headed home and ran into their father, their father was bound to give them something to do. Best to find a good napping place and get in a bit of a snooze, before they had to head home. So lost in their thoughts they were exactly paying much attention to where they were going.

When they came out of their thoughts, they realized they had come away the way to the winter meadows; of course, this meant they were pretty close to their home. Deciding to go no further, they quickly found a place to relax, ignoring the fact that the ground was wet and sat down. The thin drizzle that had started up while they had been lost in their own thoughts, had turned in turned into a pounding rain. Again they couldn't really bring themselves to care about the weather patterns. With a massive yawn, they laid back on their back and gazed up at the sky.

Even now they could see them storm clouds gathering, but the fact didn't even cause any alarm for them. They were just happy to watch the gathering storm clouds and listen to the sound or rain. Soon enough the sound of rain began to lull them to sleep and before they knew it, they had fallen asleep. As they slept, they were unaware of the weather worsening.
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jan 24 2016, 05:52 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Chris K. Oakley
SATURDAY AUTUMN 11, YEAR ONE • EVENING • STORMY • OUTFITSand
"You saw the stars out in front of you, too tempting not to touch"

For the second time in the same season, Chris was back in Ioana Valley.

Unlike last week - where Chris had tottered on in because they had nothing better to do than to grab a coffee and stand around in a field - this time, Chris was here for another weather phenomenon.

Chris hadn’t been in the village at all last Summer. In fact, they hadn’t even really been in Westhaven, either. During those precious few weeks off in the university holidays, Chris had gotten adventurous, which was a feat considering Chris was already quite the adventurous spirit. Armed with nothing more than a backpack of money and a change of clothes, Chris and a few of their friends in the meteorology department got into a van and set off travelling around the country. Chris had always heard that tornado alley was nice in the summer.

When they’d returned, Chris had only deepened their love of the weather. Again, another feat, considering how much Chris had already loved the weather prior. They’d collected photographs, diagrams, and even a little video footage of some epic twisters, and Chris had never realised how something so destructive could be so beautiful. Chris had read all about tornadoes in their textbooks and heard about them in their lectures, but it was something Chris had never experienced, to be in the presence of one, a heart pounding as adrenaline rushed around their body. Now, they had experienced that, but general thunderstorms hadn’t had their excitement lessened as a result.

Thunderstorms were the reason why Chris was in Ioana today. It was another evening storm, one that the day before the night had spent building up to. Chris had hopped onto their little scooter and high-tailed it out to Ioana, a place they deemed best for getting accurate data.

Navigating the farmer trails in the dark, Chris found themselves on Winter Meadows rather than Lochapple Fields. Back in Spring, the last time they’d ventured to Ioana to record a thunderstorm, Chris had stood in Lochapple Fields with their anemometer held up in the air. Chris had wanted to collect the data from this Autumn thunderstorm so that they could compare it to one from Spring (though Chris appreciated a sample size of just two didn’t lead to any relevant comparisons; they were merely curious to see whether there was a potential of a change in wind speeds). Realistically, Chris knew that they needed to be in the same location to make an accurate comparison, but it was too dark for them to realise their mistake.

As the storm began to worsen, the mud on Chris’ boot becoming thicker and thicker, Chris hurried forward. Sprinting forward, Chris would never have imagined that they’d trip over a sleeping figure end up on the floor, face-planting the mud.

Squelch.
PMWebsite
^
Sand
 Posted: Jan 25 2016, 12:26 PM

Chicken

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 15

Rep: 1 pts

Krishna Cooper

Fall 11th, Y1
Friday
Stormy
Evening
Tags: Chris Ethereal

Kri was asleep so they weren't exactly aware of anyone arriving. They never would have thought that another person would be out in this kind of weather. Of course they couldn't exactly sleep through everything, so when someone tripped over them, landing right on time of them, they were jointed awake. It was unclear if it was because they had been tripped over or because they hadn't expected anyone else to be out here, but they let out a grunt of surprise. Opening their eyes, they pushed themselves into a sitting position to see who had woken them up.

Thunder crashed and lightning flashed across the sky, but they ignored all this as they turned their attention to the person who had tripped over them. In the darkness it was kind of hard to make out the persons features in the dark, but after a few minutes of straining their eyes, they were able to make out the person's description. "Do you mind getting off me?" they asked, trying to keep their irritation from showing. They really did hate being woken up, but they had been trying harder to keep their temper in check.

Once the other person had complied, they scrambled into a standing position. The rain water had washed away all the mud that had been in their hair from having their head against the ground, but the same couldn't be said about their clothes. The pounding rain couldn't exactly wash away the mud that had gotten on their clothes. They didn't exactly care though, it wasn't like they were planning on taking on a job as a model or anything like that, and besides their black shirt made it hard to see the mud, the mud was only noticeable on their jeans.

From looking at the sky, the couldn't exactly tell how late it was, and their watch had been ruined by the rain. Suppressing an irritated sigh, they turned their attention to Chris, their curiosity finally winning over their irritation. "What are you doing here?" they finally asked. Since the didn't recognize this person, they figured they didn't live in the Valley. And they didn't go to Westhaven enough to know everyone that lived there. "Most people try to avoid being out in storms," It was more or less true, people usually did avoid having to go out in a storm.
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 07:02 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Chris K. Oakley
SATURDAY AUTUMN 11, YEAR ONE • EVENING • STORMY • OUTFITSand
"You saw the stars out in front of you, too tempting not to touch"

Chris laid still in the mud for a moment, then they burst out into a fit of giggles. Splotches of mud had splattered onto their face, their entire front was coated in a thick layer of the stuff with the denim top they wore especially heavy with it, and their hair would later stick together in clumps. But, it was funny. Chris thought it was great. This was what it meant to be alive and living life – to be out in a thunderstorm making mud-balls with their bare hands.

“Do you mind getting off me?”

The giggles stopped and were replaced by a gasp.

“A person!”
Chris cried out, instantly rolling away so that now not only was their back wet, it was also coated in mud. “I had no idea, absolutely no idea! I thought you were a log, or a rock, or something.”

"A person..."
Chris whispered again, practically in disbelief. It was almost like they'd never seen another person before.

Chris stood up shortly after their new companion did. Once more, Chris burst into giggles upon seeing the stranger’s face. The giggles then progressed into outright belts of laughter when lighting streaked across the sky and illuminated their faces.

“You’ve got mud aaaaaall over your face!”
they exclaimed cheerily, utterly amused. Chris rose a finger to their own face and wiped away a line across their cheek. They looked at the mud their finger had collected, then held it up proudly for the stranger to see. “Look! Me too! Isn’t that awesome? We could make face portraits out of mud if we got some paper and went smushy smush with our face on them!”

“What am I doing here?”
Chris repeated, lowering their shoulder so their backpack slid off. They caught it before it hit the ground. “I’m always here! I never miss a storm, you know! I mean, who would? Storms are aaaaaaaah-mazing!”

Rooting through their bag, Chris extracted their beloved anemometer

“Behold,”
they said, holding their yellow anemometer out for the stranger to see. “The almighty, all amazing, the thing nobody can live without… the anemometer!”

Chris spun around on the spot dramatically, but they almost lost their footing as the friction between the mud and their shoes was none-existent. They stumbled forward, reaching out and grabbing the stranger to keep them held upright. Whooooops!”

Balance recovered, Chris let go.

“Oh, wait! I didn’t tell you. I didn’t tell you, did I? Did I? I’m a meteorologist! Well, not really. Kind of. Not really. But I am. But I'm not. But I am a meteorologist! But I'm not...”

“I’m a student meteorologist,”
Chris finally said after a long period of debating back and forwards with themselves about whether they were or they weren’t a meteorologist. “Pretty cool, don’t cha think?”

PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.