yellow roses
flan
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 11:53 PM

come at me scrublord i'm ripped

GROUP: Pink Leaf

Awards: 5

Rep: 9 pts

spring 22 ● evening ● sunny

The worst thing about botany was the fact that flowers could be so darn difficult to identify sometimes. Even with a reference book, Sari found herself frowning at the small wildflowers at her feet. Like it hadn't been difficult enough trying to tell the difference between nemastylis geminiflora and calydorea coelestina. Now she was looking at not one, not two, but three possible names for this little plant. She sighed as she stooped down to make a note in her journal about the flower, squinting to see in the waning evening light. She couldn't draw to save her life, so she was forced to write a thorough, detailed description of the plant instead.

Ioana's incredibly vast collection of wildflowers is what had intrigued Sari about the valley in the first place. There was flora from all kinds of different hemispheres, all located in the same place, and it was all just far too interesting to pass up further research. The longer she stayed in the city and visited the valley, however, the more questions she found rather than answers. It had to be because of the unique climate of the valley that so many different specimen could cohabit in one place; it was absolutely perfect.

She closed her notebook with a small thump, her chin resting in the palm of her hand as she stared out across the fields of flowers. She hated to think that this might all be gone one day. Human innovation demanded space to grow and thrive, but if it was at the cost of so much, Sari wasn't so sure if it was worth it. She sighed lightly, before finally standing to her feet, brushing off the invisible dirt on her legs. It was getting dark, and she should really start heading back to the inn; while she wasn't scared of the dark, she didn't want to wander through the countryside at night, either. Although, if it meant a clear view of the stars...

Her thoughts came to a sudden stop and she blinked, her mind racing to catch up with what her eyes were seeing. Because that couldn't possible be another person so far out here, right? She supposed it wouldn't be unlikely, after all, it wasn't like this was private property and she was the only one who ever visited the flower fields. But still, it was just a little odd. Without really thinking, Sari took a step towards the figure, debating whether she should try to be friendly and greet whoever it was, or continue on her way. After all, what if they wanted to be alone? It'd be rude to intrude, wouldn't it? She chewed on her lip, lost in the possibilities.

Ethereal
PMWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 12:21 PM

coolest kid this side of the atlantic

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Jennifer M. Fleur
SATURDAY SPRING 22, YEAR TWO • EVENING • SUNNY • OUTFIT
"In the green grass where yellow flowers bloom, the heart beats slow"

She'd been here longer than she'd intended.

At first, Jennifer had thought she'd been reflecting on the fact the sun was quickly setting and she was still wandering through the meadows, but then she realised she was, in fact, musing over her time in Ioana. She'd arrived at the start of the season, and tomorrow would mark her three week anniversary. She'd been here for three weeks now, and she hadn't so much as considered leaving yet.

Jennifer guessed it was because it was so pleasant, and that fact was confirmed by the light breeze that blew across the meadows, causing the flowers growing tall to bend forwards and backwards. She lifted her head up, marvelling at the hues of gold, and then the smile froze at the sight of deep blue.

It was really getting quite late. Jennifer had planned to only spend an hour or two crossing the meadows, and yet she'd stayed the whole day, having happily sat down in the middle earlier to nibble on sandwiches rather than return back to the village for a hot meal.

Whatever her reasoning for having stayed so long, it was time to go. Jennifer, vaguely, knew her way around Ioana now. She did, at least, know the direction she needed to travel in to get back to cobblestone paths. She started walking in that direction.

She hadn't seen a person since this morning, when she'd departed the inn. So, when she saw the illuminated figure on the horizon, her mind began to play tricks on her. Jennifer believed in magic, and she believed in ghosts. She believed in the folklore that surrounded the Valley, and so, she believed that perhaps, just perhaps, the tall figure she saw, gradually taking steps closer towards her, was something mystical. She took a step forward herself, then another hesitant one.

She was being silly. It was surely just another person, a wanderer, just like herself, who was now trying to get home. Still... what if it wasn't?

Jennifer squinted her eyes, trying to make out the sight of a human smile.
flan
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:24 PM

Oh, well, whoever it was had spotted her and was walking towards her now. Guess the option of leaving without saying anything was gone now. How do you strike up a conversation with someone you were awkwardly watching in the middle of a flower field and it's just the two of you at sunset? It was times like these that Sari wished she could be a little more decisive.

Enough was enough. Sarika Goswami, you are going to say something to this person and you are going to do it right now. "Hello there." Okay, that was... a start, she supposed. Better than nothing. "I thought I was the only one all the way out here, I was a bit taken aback when I saw you." She finally cracked a small smile, wondering what she should do or say next. She wasn't used to bumping into anyone else when she was studying flora. People rarely wandered out this far into the fields, and it was even rarer for Sari to meet them out here. No mystical, magical beings to be found around here. Just a science professor interested in botany.

Ethereal
PMWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 10:17 AM

user posted image

Jennifer M. Fleur

No human smile, but Jennifer heard a human voice.

“Hello,”
she responded, though it was a mumble at best and Jennifer doubted her squeak could even be heard.

She relaxed a little when she finally saw a smile, and she returned it with a small one of her own.

“Good evening,”
she spoke again, more loudly this time so she could be heard. “Likewise.”

She laughed, awkwardly and hesitantly, as she approached and was now before the woman. “I hadn’t seen another person out on these meadows all day, which is rather peculiar because it really is such a lovely place, wouldn't you say? Particularly with this good weather we have been having as of late."
flan
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 03:57 PM

There was a moment where Sari thought she heard a reply, but it was so soft she decided she must be hearing things. If this person didn’t want to be interacted with, then she’d simply move on. It would be terrible to inflict herself on someone who didn’t want company, after all. But then the figure walked closer, and finally, Sari heard a greeting in reply along with a smile.

She seemed shy, for all Sari could tell from the small laugh and hesitant steps forward. Almost without thinking, Sari smiled reassuringly, trying to make herself more approachable. "I know what you mean. I come out here quite often myself, and I hardly ever see anyone in these fields." Her smile was genuine. "It really is beautiful though, I'm glad someone else was here to appreciate it." Sari was there to study, but she could appreciate the beauty of the valley too.

Ethereal
PMWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 10:15 AM

user posted image

Jennifer M. Fleur

It hadn’t taken long for Jennifer to realise that there was no such thing as a bustling day in Ioana. The buildings stood, barely, old and rickety, and the many that had ‘For Sale’ signs spoke of how little the population of the village now was. Even so, she’d become used to passing by a villager every half hour or so whilst travelling along the narrow streets, and a silent wilderness was peculiar. Why? Because the area was beautiful. Jennifer liked the buildings, viewing them not as derelict but as interesting, intriguing because of all the memories and history they no doubt had attached to them, but there was no comparing the crumbling remains of a man-made structure to the flourishing meadows of Mother Nature.

“Is it normally this quiet out here, then?”
Jennifer asked, assuming Sari was a native of Ioana. “It really is quite lovely, particularly on a day as nice as this one. I thought it would have been quite popular, perhaps with couples or families. I guess, then again, if it was popular, it wouldn’t be able to retain its beauty of a hidden gem.”
flan
PMWebsite
^
flan
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 10:41 PM

Sari mused on Jenny's question; she was only in the valley for the weekends, and she wasn't exactly the most sociable person to begin with. Even so, when she thought about it, she didn't see people out here that frequently. "I don't know about normally, but whenever I've been here I rarely see anyone else," she finally replied. Of course, there were a few encounters she could remember off the top of her head, but it wasn't like it happened every time she wandered here.

Couples and families, huh? From what Sari understood, most families were choosing to raise their children in the city these days. Which wasn't surprising, considering the state of the valley, but still, it was sad to think about. She sighed a little to herself. "I suppose if you live somewhere long enough, the wonders you see everyday start to lose their luster." Just as living in the city meant she no longer gaped at the sky kissing buildings she called home, maybe the valley people didn't appreciate the beauty of the flower fields just outside their front door.

"Ah, but I can't really speak for the people of this valley." Sari flustered slightly at herself, for making such broad assumptions. After all, she was only a weekend visitor. Who was to say the fields weren't visited during the week? She smiled sheepishly as she remarked, hoping her companion could forgive her for such an insensitive comment, "I'm not from here, after all."

Ethereal
PMWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Aug 23 2016, 03:08 PM

user posted image

Jennifer M. Fleur

It was food for thought, the idea that living too long in a place led to a person becoming jaded with the beauty within it.

There was only one place that Jennifer had lived in for far, far too long, and that place was Nodnol. She failed to describe it as anything other than cold, grey, with no redeeming factors in the slightest, but, now, had that been her, seeing her old city through jaded eyes? Jennifer pondered on it for a moment then decided no, it couldn't have been. She'd travelled so far now, had experienced so many new places. It was experience enough to let her know that if there had been any beauty back in Nodnol, she'd have noticed and appreciated it. Jennifer knew that she clung to the beauty of the world.

She'd assumed that the woman before her was a local, but it appeared that was not the case.

"Oh, my apologies,"
Jennifer was quick to reply. "My bad for making hasty assumptions. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?"

Though another assumption, Jennifer had a feeling she knew the answer. She'd seen nothing but open fields on her journey into Ioana, and the buildings looming in the distance spoke of homes that weren't too far away from Ioana.

flan
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.