Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:45 PM

Savage.

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 23

Rep: 28 pts

Ender Basco

user posted image

Spring 9 | Dusk |Outfit

"Hey, I think I'm going to get nachos. Do you want anything?" Ender pulled on his second bowling shoe and looked up at his competitor for the evening. "You're going to need some fuel if you really think you can beat all this." He said smugly, and pulled the fabric of his sleeve up slightly before flexing. But really, bowling had little to do with strength. It was all about lining up your throw and putting the right amount of power behind it to get the ball moving down the alley. So simple, even a child could do it.

Things had been odd between them since New Years, well really since she'd started staying with him. So Ender figured maybe they could both let out some steam with a little friendly competition. "Last chaaaaaance.", he teased in a sing-song manner before heading up to grab some snacks.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 10:42 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 21

Rep: 8 pts

Dani Miller Spring 9th Y3
Outfit

Bowling?

Why bowling?

Ender had invited Dani to go bowling just a few hours prior, and while she wasn't sure what prompted him to do as such, but she decided to go anyway. This was partially because she really didn't have a reason to say no, and partially because she was trying to make an effort not to be so horrible to her friend.

Ever since New Years Dani had a lot of time to think about what had happened that day. A lot of their conflict could have probably been avoided if she had been kinder and didn't take out her frustrations on him.

Now she wanted to turn it around, which is why she ended up at a bowling alley.

"Hey, I think I'm going to get nachos. Do you want anything? You're going to need some fuel if you really think you can beat all this." Ender asked her. Dani rolled her eyes and shrugged. She wasn't honestly that hungry, and she hadn't really been hungry the past couple of days. After eating something small the girl was satisfied for most of the day.

"Last chaaaaaance."

"Well if you insist... Can you get some fries too?" Dani asked with a little pout. Maybe some junk food was what she needed.

The girl finished putting on her shoes and Ender walked off to get their snacks. She nervously tied up the last of her laces and sat up, watching her friend from across the room. Surely nothing bad was going to happen between the two of them, she made sure of it, but the girl was still unsure of the day.

She didn't know how to bowl.

Dani had been putting off telling him, not wanting to ruin the day he had planned. She wanted to be a good friend, but now it was the point where Ender was going to find out. I mean, the girl didn't know how to hold a ball for Goddess' sake.

As Ender came back, Dani's stomach became filled with a nervous pain. She stood up and tried to smile, but it was obvious in her eyes what her true feelings were.

"So... uh... I gotta tell you something." Dani said, putting her hands together. "You see..." she started. Dani looked away, scratching the back of her head. "Just tell him. You look stupid just standing there. How mad could he really be?" the girl thought to herself.

"I... don't know how to bowl." she finally admitted. A sudden relief washed over her now that her secret was out. Now to see how Ender felt about it.

"We didn't really do much as a family when I was younger for obvious reasons, and then once my dad left no one ever taught me... I have no idea what I'm doing." the brunette continued to explain, finally looking back at her friend.

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:02 PM

Savage.

Ender Basco

user posted image

Spring 9 | Dusk |Outfit

Ender returned with snacks after hearing her demand. He maneuvered skillfully through the lanes, carrying both containers of food and two drinks as well. Even though she hadn't asked. When he set everything on he table, he gestured playfully to the cups. "Water. You need to drink more things that aren't alcohol." He winked and took a sip of his own. Since new years, he hadn't touched any booze. He was giving it up. New year, new Ender. So far had been smooth sailing.

When he noticed Dani looked unsettled he tried not to seem concerned. But that facade quickly ended when she said she had something to confess. "Oh no..." He put his hand on his hip and looked aghast. "Don't tell me you don't like nachos..." His other hand came up to cover his mouth with feigned distress. "Say it ain't so Dan." He'd been calling her Dan now instead of Danielle ever since she told him not to do that. It was his way of protesting. He liked her full name, it was a shame she didn't.

After a moment, she confessed and Ender snorted at her words. "That's it? You can't bowl?" He sat next to her and grabbed a chip from his container to crunch on. "So, I'll teach you then. No big deal. Stop worrying about dumb stuff." Thoughtfully, he patted her on the knee.

"You want to go first, I'll help you?" With that, he wiped his salty hands on his jeans and stood.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 10:35 PM

"Water. You need to drink more things that aren't alcohol."

"But water doesn't get me drunk." Dani half joked, taking a small sip. It was true she drank a lot lately, and smoked, and other things. She just enjoyed life that way. Guess she would just have to wait to start her drinking until later in the day.

When Dani told Ender she had something to tell him, his response really didn't make sure feel better. Obviously she didn't need to tell him about the nachos. What was with him and nachos anyway? Did he have a thing about them?

Once she told the man about her lack of bowling prowess, she held her breath and waited for his response. Luckily he didn't seem to take her too seriously, snorting in response.

"That's it? You can't bowl? So, I'll teach you then. No big deal. Stop worrying about dumb stuff."

"Hey don't laugh, it's not funny." Dani pouted. She was relieved to see that Ender wasn't upset that she hadn't told him sooner.

"You want to go first, I'll help you?"

"Uh.... Sure." Dani said, grabbing a fry before standing up. She was a little nervous, but how hard can it be, right? All she had to do was throw a ball at some pins, right?

The girl walked over and picked up a size twelve ball. It was heavy, but guess it was supposed to be? She wasn't sure.

"So... Uh... What are the holes for?" Dani asked, turning back to Ender. "Don't make this a sexual thing." she warned.

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 10:13 PM

Savage.

Ender Basco

user posted image

Spring 9 | Dusk |Outfit

When Dani asked him what to do with the holes, Ender couldn't contain his laughter. Was she serious? It took him a moment to regain his composure. When he finally did he wiped a single tear from under his eye and looked back at her with a smirk. "By the way, you're the one with the gutter mind. Not me." He reminded her with a accusing finger in her direction. He bent over to grab another ball to show her what to do with her with her own and also how to hold it.

"The holes are for your fingers, look." He said sliding his own digits into the ball where they were intended to go. "You see?", he waited for her to do the same.

Pocomoke

PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 12:27 AM

All she did was ask a question, he didn't have to be a jerk and laugh at her like that. Was it really that dumb of a question? She had never been to a bowling alley before, what did he expect?

"The holes are for your fingers, look. You see?" Ender finally explained, putting his fingers into the holes and holding the ball for her to see. Dani tried to follow suit, her fingers swallowed by the holes in her own ball. She tried to grip it from the inside, letting her hand fall to her side.

Which only ended as well as it could when you were trying to hold a ball that was way too big for you.

The ball slipping out of her hand and falling straight onto her foot.

Dani's face scrunched as she tried to not make a huge scene, but a few squeals of pain managed to slip through. The girl lifted up her foot and held it for a moment, trying to make the pain go away.

"You know what, never mind, I can't do this. I'll just watch. I just look like a damn fool anyway." she stated. Dani retreated back to their table, finding solace in her cup of flavorless water.

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 10:00 PM

Savage.

Ender Basco

user posted image

Spring 9 | Dusk |Outfit

The ball slammed to the floor with a dull thud as it collided with her foot. Ender froze, his eyes wide with disbelief as he watched his friend limp back to the table. He set his own ball down and joined her, his face displaying remorse as he tried to console her. "Dani...", he smiled sympathetically. "You want me to look at your foot? You didn't lose a toe did you?" He never thought he'd have to ask a question like this. It was kind of funny, his lips almost twitched into a humorous grin. But he fought it back hard and cleared his throat. He knew laughing would just piss her off.

"We don't have to bowl.", he said after giving her a second to herself. "We can just eat nachos?" He grinned nervously, hoping she wasn't already too annoyed with him for dragging her out here.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 06:34 PM

"Dani... You want me to look at your foot? You didn't lose a toe did you?"

"I'm fine." Dani mumbled, rubbing her now sore foot. It hurt like hell. Dani hoped that she didn't have a broken foot, partially because she didn't want to wear the cast, but partially because she knew she couldn't afford it.

"We don't have to bowl. We can just eat nachos?" Ender suggested. Dani looked up at him, almost ready to tell him to fuck off and to leave her alone. Then again, at least he was trying. It wasn't his fault Dani couldn't handle a bowling ball like a normal person.

"Sure, sounds good." Dani said, grabbing a fry and throwing it in her mouth. Sitting and eating sounded a lot better then trying to figure out this dumb game. What was the point of throwing a stupid ball down a lane. Then again, what was the point in any sport?

"So can I ask you a question?" Dani asked, not really waiting for his consent before answering. "So... We haven't really uh... Hooked up recently. I've tried though, so I was just wondering if everything is alright with you. Something on your mind?" the girl asked him. It was something she wanted to ask since New Years, but there was not a good time.

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:48 PM

Savage.

"Uhhh, sure." He munched on a chip as he waited.

But when he heard what she was actually asking him, he nearly spit out the contents of his mouth. "Are you serious?", he asked her back in shock. "The whole point of friends with benefits, is you're supposed to be... you know, friends. Friends who also have the added benefit of..." He looked around to make sure no one was eavesdropping on their conversation, "Sex... stuff." He turned away and crossed his arms as he continued.

"... and you haven't exactly been very friendly lately. Is everything alright with you?" He was tired of walking on eggshells in his own apartment. Having company always stressed him out, but he thought with Dani it would be different.

They'd been good friends before, so what had changed? He didn't know himself, but it was good to finally confess the way he'd been feeling lately.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 11:13 PM

Watching Enders reaction to her question was disappointing, but amusing at the same time. He was confident when it came to doing the act, but it seemed that he was uncomfortable talking about it. She had never known that about him. It was interesting to say the least.

"... and you haven't exactly been very friendly lately. Is everything alright with you?"

Well, that was rude. Sure, Dani hadn't been the most pleasant person recently, but she was trying, right?

"Well, I'm practically homeless, no one will hire me, I'm going through withdrawal half the time, and my life is just generally going to shit. I'm probably not at my best right now, so sorry if I can't be 'friendly'." Dani explained. Hey, if he wanted honesty, he got honesty.

"I am trying though, whether or not it seems like it." she added, munching on a few more fries from her basket.

"By the way, it's hilarious to watch you talk about sex. For someone like you, you would think it would be easier." Dani joked, laughing before taking a sip of her water. It was so... bland. "No one is going to arrest you for saying the word like a normal person."

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:56 PM

Savage.

When she teased him for not saying 'sex' out loud, he scoffed. "Whatever..." He just didn't like his business out in the open. No one else needed to know what he did in his spare time, and with who.

He pointed to her foot before speaking, "So I guess bowling is out of the question at this point. Let's just eat and head home then. Maybe we can watch a movie or something?" Had he completly avoided her question? Yes. On purpose? Of Course. Since they weren't as close as they once were, he wasn't exactly comfortable opening up about his mental health and his new medication. The same medication that was 'dulling his spark', if you know what I mean. He hadn't had much interest in sex lately. Especially since the last person he'd done that with was.... Urgh. Penny.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:45 AM

When Ender shrugged off her comment, Dani couldn't help but laugh. She had never imagined him to be like this, but it was... endearing. Also hilarious though, definitely hilarious.

"So I guess bowling is out of the question at this point. Let's just eat and head home then. Maybe we can watch a movie or something?" Ender suggested. Dani looked down at her foot and nodded. There was no way she was going to be able to bowl with that foot, and honestly, she didn't even know if she could walk on it. The pain had numbed out for now, but who knew what would happen if she tried to use it to walk.

"Sure. A movie sounds nice..." Dani said. She took a few more bites of her fries before standing up, the pain from her foot forcing her face to twist in pain. Dani quickly let herself fall back down into her chair.

This was going to be harder than expected.

"Hey, Ender. Uh..." Dani began, gesturing to her foot. "You wouldn't mind helping me with this, do you?" she asked with a sheepish grin.

Aofie
PMEmailWebsite
^
Aofie
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:41 PM

Savage.

He finished off his nachos and wiped his hands on a napkin before rolling it into a tight ball and tossing it back into the empty tray. Dani looked about ready to go, so he stood and waited around for her to stand as well. When she tried, and failed, he looked at her and frowned. "Oh yeah... your foot. Right."

It was going to be an interesting trip back to the apartment. But thankfully, Dani actually seemed to have lightened up now that she'd been properly fed and no longer had to bowl against her will. He carefully moved in, and held his arm out to assist her. When he had her situated, they made their slow trek back to the car to head home.

Pocomoke
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.