" have you ever had a dream that you... um... "

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image
Penelope L. Benson
WEDNESDAY WINTER 12, YEAR TWO • AFTERNOON • SNOWY
"I see that look in her face she's got that look in her eye"

Penny had been feeling off for a few days now. She didn’t know what was wrong.

At first, she’d thought it had been that takeaway her family had ordered. Food poisoning or something, to make her throw up so randomly one evening. But then she’d felt so ill again in the morning, then again later that day, and yet again she’d thrown up in the evening. Then there was the odd headache that would strike her down, usually mid-afternoon. None of it made sense. It wasn’t flu because she didn’t have a fever and it wasn’t that nasty stomach bug that had been reported going around Westhaven either. Penny really didn’t know what was wrong, though a terrifying fear was starting to gain more traction in her mind. She ignored it.

But, it was hard to ignore it when those same sicky feelings were taking over her body at work. Penny worked a sweat into her brow as she continued to type up letters on her pink Royal FP typewriter. Her brow was creased, her face contorted into a frown that only got deeper as she felt worse and worse until finally the nausea was so great, Penny knew what she needed to do. She bolted it to the bathroom.

She threw up neatly into the toilet. She’d had practice at doing this now. She was vomiting a few times a day, usually around the same times: an hour after waking, in the afternoon at work, and on an evening.

Penny dabbed her mouth with a bit of toilet paper, taking a moment to breathe and close her eyes.

God, being sick was the worst. Her mouth burned and her stomach felt raw. All she wanted to do was get a glass of water and lie down, but, duty called. Penny tossed the tissue into the toilet, flushed it, washed her hands, and walked out of the bathroom.

She took her seat back at her desk and immediately took back to typing. Loudly and quickly, that was the confident receptionist’s way.
Tanuki
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:18 PM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Working with your boyfriend was really weird. It actually wasn't too much different from how the office had functioned before Greene and Beaumont had gotten together, but she sometimes wondered how they were able to stay so focused while doing their jobs. He was in the mail room, sorting the mail for tomorrow already while she was in the front room with Penny who was clicking away at her typewriter. Hayden was holding a plastic cup in her hands, staring at a spider who seemed to think that it's new home was on the half empty bookshelf in front of her.

It was sitting there like a little mastermind, with life all figured out. But Hayden couldn't let it stay there. Because when Mayor Tobias did actually have people in the building, he didn't like the look of cobwebs in the corners of things. On top of that since Hayden took care of the bugs inside as she could, there was no way the little guy was going to get any food while he was in here.

Finally, she placed the cup over him, the little guy going wild inside the cup when he realized he was captured. Hayden slide a paper underneath the opening as the spider retreated up the cup. "This guy isn't paying rent, so I'm going to evict him, I'll be right back." Hayden commented before heading outside. She rid herself of the spider and came back inside only to find that Penny was no longer at her desk.

And something had in fact been off about Penny for a few days now. She was pulling that disappearing act a lot, and it hadn't taken Hayden long to figure out where she was going. Sure, Penny may have kept her throwing up neat and Tidy, but Hayden had been cleaning that toilet for a lot longer than Penny had been puking in it, and it always smelled so strangely off that Hayden would need to clean it over again.

And Penny coming from the direction of the bathroom had confirmed Hayden's suspicion once again. When Penny sat down and began typing again, Hayden pretended she hadn't been waiting for her, dusting the shelf she had just pulled the spider from earlier. She approached the topic in a delicate but not so delicate manner. "Hey, you okay?" She asked, perching herself on the edge of Penny's desk. "Or are you just overtired? You did just get married, newlywed bliss or something like that." she mentioned, waving the duster slightly. "I still can't believe you got married as a slice of Pizza. I would have done it as a steak." After all, maybe the guy Penny had married would have appreciated if she was what he seemed to think he was looking at.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Ethereal
Date: Winter 12th, Year Two
Weather: Sunny
#8e3443
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 07:47 PM

user posted image
Penelope L. Benson

Trust Hayden to pick up on the fact she most certainly was not doing OK.

Penny gave Hayden a weak smile. “Yeah, I’m OK.”

Penny swore it was some crazy instinct Hayden had, to know exactly what was going on with everyone at Town Hall, no matter how cleverly they tried to hide it. She supposed her regular puking visits to the bathroom were no different, but Penny decided to continue on with her ignorant act.

“Probably still just hungover from that night,”
she laughed. “I can’t believe I got married full stop, Hayden. I must have drank enough that night for three men, let alone myself.”

“Worth it though,”
Penny said, smirking as she held up her hand and flashed Hayden a look at the ring sitting on her petite little finger. “I’m a cunt so I had a jeweller appraise this baby for me.”

Tossing her hair back over her shoulders, Penny’s smirk became bigger. “It’s a real ruby, Hayden, and a beauty too.”

Oh yeah, poor Barrett’s finances had really taken a hit that night.

“95685G,”
Penny whispered as she drawled out the figure. “Now aren’t I a lucky lady to be married to someone as generous as that!” she finished, laughing.
Tanuki
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:32 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 32

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hayden didn't need to tell her that she knew the line that had come out of Penny's mouth was nothing but pure bullshit. But she didn't say anything about it, crossing her legs over each other on the desk, continuing to listen to what her friend had to say about the wild night in Westhaven that had led to her changing her last name to Benson and being stuck like that for a full season. "Well I mean it's been a few weeks, that's one hell of a hangover. Are you sure you're not dead?" And getting married, well perhaps it wasn't the smartest choice when you had drunk yourself halfway to your grave, but Penny seemed happy about it, actually.

"I doubt I would even be able to remember what marriage is if I were that drunk." Hayden mentioned, shaking her head. No way, she'd probably just want to nap...for several weeks. She looked at the sharply cut ruby that sat in the ring that was around her finger, and she nodded when Penny mentioned getting it appraised. "It sounds like a very you thing to do." She agreed. Perhaps it would have been an insult to anyone, if Penny hadn't known well enough that it was the exact words that would come out of her mouth. She didn't disagree with Penny entirely, but wasn't everyone a bit of a chore sometimes?

When she mentioned the price of the Ruby, Hayden whistled. "Damn, that's some big numbers for a farm boy." She said with a nod. Perhaps Penny was lucky he had been just as piss drunk as she had been. For a moment, Hayden had wanted to remind Penny she once had the richest man in Westhaven in the palm of her hand, but after a moment she thought better of it. Who needed Omar anyway?

Though her thoughts soon shifted back to Penny's sickness, and how drunk she had been. What if marriage had overshadowed her thinking about something more important that night? She slipped off the desk, giving a stretch. "Just a second Penny." She slipped away for a moment, into the Mail room where her boyfriend was working. "Eugene?" she asked, walking up next to him and rubbing his shoulder gently for a moment. "Can you go take your fifteen? You've been working for about two hours now without a pause." For Eugene, this probably wouldn't be an unusual request. She knew sometimes he worked with all his focus on one thing, and could be at it for hours without rest, so she would often come in and remind him to take a few minutes to rest his eyes.

But as he left when they got back into the main room and the door clicked shut. "Penny. I'm not usually the type to piss on people's parades, but have you thought about taking a test?" She asked,wringing her hands. "This doesn't seem normal to me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Ethereal
Date: Winter 12th, Year Two
Weather: Sunny
#8e3443
PM
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 06:50 PM

user posted image
Penelope L. Benson

Don't dwell on it, don't dwell on it, don't dwell on it.

Penny was praying and praying, begging and begging, that Hayden would let this go. Yes, she knew it had been a few weeks. Yes, she knew something was up for her to feel so off for so long with a mystery illness. All of it was adding up to her worst case scenario, but Penny didn't want to believe it. She wanted to put her hands over her ears, force her eyes shut, and spend the next three seasons ignoring the change that was now happening.

The ring seemed to be a good distraction. Bless that ruby on a white gold wedding band. Penny could waggle her fingers and let it catch the light, the beauty of it distracting both Hayden and her from concerning thoughts.

When Hayden jumped off the desk, Penny breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn't realised, but her back had been tense. Penny forced it to relax as she leaned back in her chair, promising herself that she was only going to close her eyes and lie like this for a minute, tops. She felt a little nauseous again but this time Penny was sure it was anxiety.

Leaning back and focusing on her breathing, Penny was trying to force the source of that anxiety out of her mind. There was no point. Hayden returned to stand by her desk.

Penny looked up to see a serious look. It was unnerving to see. Sarcasm rarely left Hayden's expression but it had now as she spoke aloud words Penny had been meaning to ask herself.

Laughed. Penny laughed. Too loud, so obviously fake, but she laughed.

"What?"
she replied, shaking her head as she forced her laughted down to a chuckle. "Don't be silly, Hayden. It's not that!"

But... was it that, though?

Penny wasn't sure. She needed a test to tell her that.
Tanuki
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.